Petty Paige / PaigeChristie

Re: Petty Paige / PaigeChristie

Post by Guest »

ICantBelieveImHere wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:31 am
Did anyone see her tweet about having childcare so she could film all day? Maybe i just dont get it but id prioritise spending time with my very young baby over spending an entire time talking to myself in front of a camera over stuff that people will forget about in a couple of days
I can't even hate watch her because the desperation is palpable, and I start to feel sorry for her because I can empathise with wanting to be accepted by a circle of "cool" bitchy mean people who literally never will but just use you when they need you (a lot of us have been there in high school) buuuut then I remember I was a teenager not a fully grown woman palming off her baby to her mom for 8 hours a day and weekends. At my age I have a moral compass of my own and frankly I'd rather be dead than be publicly kissing J* ass. She's older than me and the secondhand embarrassment is real.

Surely one of the best reasons to do YouTube is she could be spending time WITH/NEXT TO her baby while she writes scripts or researches/edits???

And even if you go down the "well she'd be leaving her for 8 hours at a desk job anyway"

1/. She's on maternity leave from her desk job, is she legally allowed to be working? In her work contract?
2/. Wouldn't you do a work at home job so you can spend MORE time with your family not less? 3/.honestly how long can her videos take to make anyway? they're usually pretty low production value

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AnniaDrama »

switchstreets wrote:
ICantBelieveImHere wrote: Did anyone see her tweet about having childcare so she could film all day? Maybe i just dont get it but id prioritise spending time with my very young baby over spending an entire time talking to myself in front of a camera over stuff that people will forget about in a couple of days
I can't even hate watch her because the desperation is palpable, and I start to feel sorry for her because I can empathise with wanting to be accepted by a circle of "cool" bitchy mean people who literally never will but just use you when they need you (a lot of us have been there in high school) buuuut then I remember I was a teenager not a fully grown woman palming off her baby to her mom for 8 hours a day and weekends. At my age I have a moral compass of my own and frankly I'd rather be dead than be publicly kissing J* ass. She's older than me and the secondhand embarrassment is real.

Surely one of the best reasons to do YouTube is she could be spending time WITH/NEXT TO her baby while she writes scripts or researches/edits???

And even if you go down the "well she'd be leaving her for 8 hours at a desk job anyway"

1/. She's on maternity leave from her desk job, is she legally allowed to be working? In her work contract?
2/. Wouldn't you do a work at home job so you can spend MORE time with your family not less? 3/.honestly how long can her videos take to make anyway? they're usually pretty low production value
She even said on several videos that she has a team that helps with researching. I think she just wants time apart from her daughter because it's too tiring to take care of a baby in real life and not like the fantasy she imagined. Or maybe she's suffering from post partum depression and doesn't feel a bond with her daughter? I don't know, I'm not a mother so I'm just talking out my ass but I just feel that she doesn't want to spend much time with her daughter.

Trashbasket_146
Debater
Debater

Post by Trashbasket_146 »

Her ego has gotten fatter than her ass before surgery

Post by Guest »

I know this goes into a different section of youtube but I've always suspected that Paige sucks up to Tasha K because Lovelyti never made a video about the Jackie Aina theft thing. And Ti continues to be friendly with Jackie.

Tasha is a known liar and has had a history of striking smaller channels who made negative videos about her. Considering that a false strike is what started the paige vs jackie feud I would think Paige would steer clear. Even Margo left comment underneath her BFF's tweet saying Tasha aint shit.

And Juvia's continues to be messy as hell for no reason.

It's not a good look to suck up to shitty people or brands just to get back at people you're angry at. You are just becoming a pawn at that point.

Peppa Schmint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Peppa Schmint »

She wants so bad to put out this image of the perfect instagram life, but knowing she’s gonna be around actual rich people - she realizes she’s gonna come up short. I hope we get another awkward photo like the one of Dustbin looking outta place in his jorts and flip flops. Showing that these people have nothing in common and aren’t really friends at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

This entire situation is hilarious. I'm kinda used to it.... It reminds me a lot of when journalists 'make it to the big time' 🙄 by getting a job on a national tabloid or st and start hanging out with famous Fleet Streeters and minor celebs. They've gone very quickly from watching/emulating and/or reporting about these people to sitting at their dinner tables and let's just say..... It doesn't often end well. They don't know where to put themselves.

And even if they do manage to put on the fakes enough to gradually segue into the social scene, they ruin their own..... journalistic impulse by being unable to observe from the outside like they once could.

Not that drama channels are journalists but it's a similar scenario. Especially for those who are in the employ of dearest Voldemort - or getting closer to being in Paige's case. No wonder she's nervous. These are people who've been like characters in a soap to her for the longest time. She'll be very SHOOK by how they are irl. It might do her good actually.

Alternatively, it'll turn her into an even bigger dumpster fire than she already is. Jury's out.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

CatWoman124
Informer
Informer

Post by CatWoman124 »

I just watched her Lisa Frank video and the ending killed me. "People steal things I do all the time... from catchphrases to the way I say thing..." Um, Paige, mispronouncing cities (Tucson) to the point you call them DIFFERENT cities (Tuscany) is not something admirable or worthy of saying.

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

NOT diagnosing but going by her posting behavior and presence in videos she likely is going through a degree of post partum depression. She's trying ti distract herself with as many things as possible so she doesn't have to focus on her feelings. My mom was similar when my youngest brother was born. I pity her.

But yeah her desperate social climbing is cringey as hell. She lacks the character and charisma other drama channel hosts have for one thing.

dreamhaus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreamhaus »

She literally said I feel like I'm back to having a small baby and then mentioned that sleep regression can last until 21 weeks. Sometimes she puts out a jarring reminder that this IS a small baby, she's 17 weeks old!

Could be PPD or could be she's not cut out for this yet, or ever. Either way she has some weird disconnect. She seems to be trying to accelerate her daughter through the stages and out the door.....nursery, already weaning, expecting her to sleep right through, choosing a shit house party/social media/alcohol over the fam. I'm surprised she's not already packing her bags for college.

She was pumping out this 3/4 years earlier so..... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screenshot_20191023-100307__01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

The baby is 17 week's old and she's weaning her already? There's family vloggers on youtube who exclusively breastfed their children up to 12 months! It's way too early. The poor mite can't even sit up on her own - and judging by the amount of food outside of her mouth, she is not ready. Babies who are not ready to be weaned will push the food out of their mouths as they don't know that they have to swallow it. Coincidentally, Paige is saying that the baby isn't sleeping much! Maybe because she still needs six bottle feeds a day! You cannot give her baby food at this age and cut down on milk !

She's rushing her child along because she's desperate to go and hang out with these so called 'friends' - they aren't your friends Paige ! FFS Look after your baby!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

I legit feel bad for that kid.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

dreamhaus wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Wow. So...... This is probably the most cynical thing I'm ever gonna say on this forum (probably 😉) but... anyone else think she may have used having a kid as an excuse for losing weight? Like honestly. Wow dude, even I'm shocked at that thought entering my head but she's so bloody vain ......

Like, the doctor said she had to lose weight to conceive right? And she had to have weight loss surgery to lose weight right? (--- For a start, why? Why couldn't she just eat less and move more like the rest of us??) Well erm..... There's no more convenient excuse for sudden (and easy, without effort) weight loss via surgery than the fact she desperately wants a baby but can't have one. It would be a convenient way to get weight loss surgery on the NHS possibly too, altho I think she paid for it privately right?

But hey. Instead of having to say 'OK guys I'm unhappy being this fat and I'm having weight loss surgery' after YEARS of plus size virtue signalling she gets a total free pass because she's doing it in the name of motherhood. ......?

Then again she could just not have got pregnant at all after and said it didn't work if she didn't really want a kid..... Man. Maybe I need to work on my cynicism 🙁
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

hustlecat
Talker
Talker

Post by hustlecat »

WORDSALAD wrote:
dreamhaus wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Wow. So...... This is probably the most cynical thing I'm ever gonna say on this forum (probably Image) but... anyone else think she may have used having a kid as an excuse for losing weight? Like honestly. Wow dude, even I'm shocked at that thought entering my head but she's so bloody vain ......

Like, the doctor said she had to lose weight to conceive right? And she had to have weight loss surgery to lose weight right? (--- For a start, why? Why couldn't she just eat less and move more like the rest of us??) Well erm..... There's no more convenient excuse for sudden (and easy, without effort) weight loss via surgery than the fact she desperately wants a baby but can't have one. It would be a convenient way to get weight loss surgery on the NHS possibly too, altho I think she paid for it privately right?

But hey. Instead of having to say 'OK guys I'm unhappy being this fat and I'm having weight loss surgery' after YEARS of plus size virtue signalling she gets a total free pass because she's doing it in the name of motherhood. ......?

Then again she could just not have got pregnant at all after and said it didn't work if she didn't really want a kid..... Man. Maybe I need to work on my cynicism Image
I do believe she paid for it privately but yes I think it was a way for her to not offend her “big beautiful and loving it” group. Like “Believe me ladies I LOVE MYSELF but to have a child I simply MUST lose weight! I promise that’s the only reason!!” And she did WLS instead of traditional weight loss because she’s lazy and wanted fast results.

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

Peppa Schmint wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:08 pm
She wants so bad to put out this image of the perfect instagram life, but knowing she’s gonna be around actual rich people - she realizes she’s gonna come up short. I hope we get another awkward photo like the one of Dustbin looking outta place in his jorts and flip flops. Showing that these people have nothing in common and aren’t really friends at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't she decide if she's broke or if she's living her best life as a sucessful youtuber? She alternates between the two more often than Shane says "oh my god".

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:31 am
The baby is 17 week's old and she's weaning her already? There's family vloggers on youtube who exclusively breastfed their children up to 12 months! It's way too early. The poor mite can't even sit up on her own - and judging by the amount of food outside of her mouth, she is not ready. Babies who are not ready to be weaned will push the food out of their mouths as they don't know that they have to swallow it. Coincidentally, Paige is saying that the baby isn't sleeping much! Maybe because she still needs six bottle feeds a day! You cannot give her baby food at this age and cut down on milk !

She's rushing her child along because she's desperate to go and hang out with these so called 'friends' - they aren't your friends Paige ! FFS Look after your baby!
This upsets me a lot. I think that she liked the idea of having a child and it might really have been her dream. But when reality came it wasn't that fun anymore. Many people like the idea of having children but don't know what it entails in reality. She's probably not cut for this and might even have post partum depression like some people here said. I think she's doing everything she can to avoid her child, therefor getting her out for childcare/leaving her with her mother, trying to stop breastfeeding her as fast as possible and replace with food because breastfeeding implies that she has to be somehow present with the child, going to parties and events with irrelevant z-listers in the states, going to starbucks or something like that to work, etc. I hope she gets help and even therapy if necessary. The consequences of her negligence and lack of affection and care for her child might have dire consequences in her future. I'm also concerned with her drinking habits that seem like another method of avoidance.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

I thought she said breast feeding didn't work for her pretty much right away?

hustlecat
Talker
Talker

Post by hustlecat »

monak wrote:I thought she said breast feeding didn't work for her pretty much right away?
I don’t have children but being unable to breastfeed is a bit common, isn’t it? More than some are willing to admit? I listen to a podcast where a new mother was talking about how it’s not unheard of for mothers to be unable to breastfeed, and the added social stigma this sometimes brings on from the “you absofuckinglutely MUST breastfeed” crowd.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

It is common for women to have issues with it and yeah there are some nasty bitches out there who treat those women poorly because of it. I believe they are the same type of people who will treat women with fertility issues like crap as well.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

I think breast feeding probs are very very common but because there's such an insane focus on 'natural breast is best' 🙄 women who can't do it feel very ashamed and pressured into it. The NHS makes a big deal out of breastfeeding and will send women who either can't or won't do it to classes and shit like 'reeducation'.- get your mind right ladies! Lol in the day when I was born (1984 lol somewhat appropriately) my mum just plain flat out said she didn't wanna breastfeed and they left her alone. Funny that 30 odd years *ago women probably felt like they had more choice in the matter than they do now.

dreamhaus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreamhaus »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:56 am

Wow. So...... This is probably the most cynical thing I'm ever gonna say on this forum (probably 😉) but... anyone else think she may have used having a kid as an excuse for losing weight? Like honestly. Wow dude, even I'm shocked at that thought entering my head but she's so bloody vain ......

Then again she could just not have got pregnant at all after and said it didn't work if she didn't really want a kid..... Man. Maybe I need to work on my cynicism 🙁
It has crossed my mind too. She's built a whole personality on being body posi, even gone so far as to do an article in a national newspaper saying how she's better and happier at size 24 than size 12. She can't just say guys I lied, I wasn't happy being fat and I got WLS to be thinner. You're going to get a lot more understanding from the peanut gallery if you conflate WLS with fertility and the desire to be a mama. No-one is going to question it because of fear of looking like a bitch.

Paige lies.....a lot and nothing is off limits it seems, so it's not cynical to wonder if this is another thing she's lied about.

Return to “Paigey Why?”