ravenclaw333 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:43 am
WatchandWonder wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:56 am
ravenclaw333 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:57 pm
WatchandWonder wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 pm
There isn't anything wrong with reading children's books, middle school or young adult literature, overall. It can be fun, entertaining and a comfort read. The problem is that whenever she gets free reading time, she immediately runs to the same children's books, over and over again, during a time where, as an English student and English major, who plans on some kind of career in the field, she should be concentrating on widening her reading material, challenging herself and getting some pretty awesome books behind her belt. As someone who has her degree in English Lit and works in the field, we are expected to have read widely and thoroughly, going from Anglo-Saxon works, through the centuries, into modern day fiction, have a solid knowledge and complete reading of Shakespeare, the Romantics, modern poetry, Victorians, Edwardians, French Lit, Russian Lit, WW and Post WW memoirs, sci-fi and high fantasy and so forth. If someone mentions a character from a Dickens novel, she ought to know them inside out. Same with Hardy, Eliot, Gaskell, etc.. Alongside this she should be reading biographical tomes of these authors. Great, she knows A little Princess by heart, or should by now, but can she intellectually discuss the social issues in Middlemarch or which characters in Dickens's novels were based on real people in his life? Can she write a paper, without doing any research, on the Bronte sisters and how their own lives were reflected in their works? What was fact, what was fiction? The list is endless. No, she can't. Because she isn't spending her time being a bookworm, a bibliophile, or as a dedicated English Lit student, like she claims to be. She is too busy playing at little girl and dress up as characters while the real devoted English student eat, sleeps and breathes literature. We absorb it like a sponge and spew it out at will. That is what she should be concentrating on right now. Not another reread of Coraline or striking a Matilda power pose or prancing around her backyard in awe of nature because she wants to play A Secret Garden now. :roll:
you sound like you'd be fun at parties... tbh i have friends who studied english lit at uni and read like a fraction of what she reads a year and did fine and are now working.. plus there are children's literature modules/children's publishing jobs so maybe she wants to go into that? i dont really know tbh as i dont watch her that often but i know she reads over 100 books a year and a lot of them are still very much academic. so what if she reads a lot of children's fiction? didnt she write a children's book? i'd like to write a children's book someday so i like reading children's books to learn how to better write them. people are so damn judgey lmao
I am, thanks! Though we have a tendency to call them social gatherings. My "partying" days are long since over. When family and friends gather we discuss literature, art, travel, fine dining, movies, etc.. So there you have it. Don't worry...we won't invite you as it sounds like you would be bored! Did she write a children's book? Yes, and it was quite a flop. Anyone can write a book these days and have it published at their own cost. That doesn't make them a real author and it certainly doesn't make them a good author! Wise up, please! Reading isn't about quantity. It is about quality and what you absorb from said reading. Shortly Ruby will be going out into the working world. If she wants a professional place in her major, without Mommy and Daddy pulling strings, she is going to have to earn it, and seeing how widely read you are and what you have read, what work you have done, what jobs you have held, what societies you have been a part of, namely your resume, is going to reflect on your ability to perform well. Dressing up as Alice Through the Looking Glass and posting it on IG isn't going to get you the job! Not even a career in children's literature. Has she taken any child psychology classes? Does she have any teaching experience with kids? To write excellent books for children you need to have a sound knowledge of how their brains work and how they perceive the world. I also have not seen her study the original, dark fairytales which are the predecessors of children's books. If she is really serious about her future, these are the things she should be focusing on. Not reading the same kid's books over and over again and then playing dress up! She is going backwards, not forwards.
that sounds riveting, so sad to be missing out on your pretentious social gatherings :( if you're so concerned about Ruby's future why don't you message her yourself with these suggestions and become her personal assistant with her uni work, improving her cv, etc. as it seems to be keeping you up at night. although she doesn't seem to be doing too badly in life tbh so I wouldn't worry
i don't think posting on IG is going to get you any job tbh as that's generally not how job applications work
and i don't need you to tell me to 'wise up' lol I'm not saying she needs to become a best-selling author with a first class degree, it's just funny how much what she is doing with her life affects people like you... go and enjoy your Jane Austen and your Dickens but don't go telling other people what they should and should not be doing, haven't watched her in a while but from what i remember, she gets pretty high grades anyway. also, how can you say she can't write a paper on Bronte sisters without any research? how would you actually know this? what someone puts online is not the full picture so it's unfair for you to judge her like this. i'm not even her biggest fan but people spewing their judgement and negativity like this and dictating what people should do with their lives are the worst kind of people. you're not even the one paying her tuition fees so why do you care so much? let people enjoy life and do what they want :)
I'm sorry, but do you even know what the point of this site is? Guru gossip is not the place for raving about youtubers, there are websites for that so if that's what you're in the mood for, I suggest you check there. I don't know, it seems a bit pointless to shade people here for gossiping when that's the whole point.
there are people here who point out problematic things that youtubers do which i agree they should be held accountable for. i am not even raving about ruby.. it is one thing to say 'oh i dont think they are making good content anymore' and another to just be plain nasty to a point where it affects someone's mental health. to me, it seems pointless to shade someone for doing something they enjoy, but that's just my opinion like i said. i dont expect someone with the username 'cyberbully' to understand..

ravenclaw333
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Ruby Granger - Part 4

Post by ravenclaw333 »

i can't see a studytube thread anywhere, this is the only thread that comes up for me but can anyone recommend any good studytubers who are a bit older/working already? i am no longer a student but my job consists of workshop training as well as working and i find work/study vlogs really motivating. i love lydia violeta's vlogging style but i cant really relate to undergrads anymore so if anyone knows of any, that would be great :)

3calico3
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 3calico3 »

ravenclaw333 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:45 am
i can't see a studytube thread anywhere, this is the only thread that comes up for me but can anyone recommend any good studytubers who are a bit older/working already? i am no longer a student but my job consists of workshop training as well as working and i find work/study vlogs really motivating. i love lydia violeta's vlogging style but i cant really relate to undergrads anymore so if anyone knows of any, that would be great :)
PaigeY might be a good one - she's training to be an actuary.

Cyberbully
Learner
Learner

Post by Cyberbully »

ravenclaw333 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:41 pm
Cyberbully wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:50 pm
ravenclaw333 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:43 am
WatchandWonder wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:56 am
ravenclaw333 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:57 pm

you sound like you'd be fun at parties... tbh i have friends who studied english lit at uni and read like a fraction of what she reads a year and did fine and are now working.. plus there are children's literature modules/children's publishing jobs so maybe she wants to go into that? i dont really know tbh as i dont watch her that often but i know she reads over 100 books a year and a lot of them are still very much academic. so what if she reads a lot of children's fiction? didnt she write a children's book? i'd like to write a children's book someday so i like reading children's books to learn how to better write them. people are so damn judgey lmao
I am, thanks! Though we have a tendency to call them social gatherings. My "partying" days are long since over. When family and friends gather we discuss literature, art, travel, fine dining, movies, etc.. So there you have it. Don't worry...we won't invite you as it sounds like you would be bored! Did she write a children's book? Yes, and it was quite a flop. Anyone can write a book these days and have it published at their own cost. That doesn't make them a real author and it certainly doesn't make them a good author! Wise up, please! Reading isn't about quantity. It is about quality and what you absorb from said reading. Shortly Ruby will be going out into the working world. If she wants a professional place in her major, without Mommy and Daddy pulling strings, she is going to have to earn it, and seeing how widely read you are and what you have read, what work you have done, what jobs you have held, what societies you have been a part of, namely your resume, is going to reflect on your ability to perform well. Dressing up as Alice Through the Looking Glass and posting it on IG isn't going to get you the job! Not even a career in children's literature. Has she taken any child psychology classes? Does she have any teaching experience with kids? To write excellent books for children you need to have a sound knowledge of how their brains work and how they perceive the world. I also have not seen her study the original, dark fairytales which are the predecessors of children's books. If she is really serious about her future, these are the things she should be focusing on. Not reading the same kid's books over and over again and then playing dress up! She is going backwards, not forwards.
that sounds riveting, so sad to be missing out on your pretentious social gatherings :( if you're so concerned about Ruby's future why don't you message her yourself with these suggestions and become her personal assistant with her uni work, improving her cv, etc. as it seems to be keeping you up at night. although she doesn't seem to be doing too badly in life tbh so I wouldn't worry
i don't think posting on IG is going to get you any job tbh as that's generally not how job applications work
and i don't need you to tell me to 'wise up' lol I'm not saying she needs to become a best-selling author with a first class degree, it's just funny how much what she is doing with her life affects people like you... go and enjoy your Jane Austen and your Dickens but don't go telling other people what they should and should not be doing, haven't watched her in a while but from what i remember, she gets pretty high grades anyway. also, how can you say she can't write a paper on Bronte sisters without any research? how would you actually know this? what someone puts online is not the full picture so it's unfair for you to judge her like this. i'm not even her biggest fan but people spewing their judgement and negativity like this and dictating what people should do with their lives are the worst kind of people. you're not even the one paying her tuition fees so why do you care so much? let people enjoy life and do what they want :)
I'm sorry, but do you even know what the point of this site is? Guru gossip is not the place for raving about youtubers, there are websites for that so if that's what you're in the mood for, I suggest you check there. I don't know, it seems a bit pointless to shade people here for gossiping when that's the whole point.
there are people here who point out problematic things that youtubers do which i agree they should be held accountable for. i am not even raving about ruby.. it is one thing to say 'oh i dont think they are making good content anymore' and another to just be plain nasty to a point where it affects someone's mental health. to me, it seems pointless to shade someone for doing something they enjoy, but that's just my opinion like i said. i dont expect someone with the username 'cyberbully' to understand..
I understand completely. Yes, I do think some people are nitpicking about the same thing in every post and it does come across as repetitive, but I don't know your post just seemed a bit attacking, that's all.

MissTomato
Learner
Learner

Post by MissTomato »

ruby bought 45 books.... i know it was since october, but my only thought still is "IN THIS ECONOMY????". Also, buying 45 books in the span of 5 months is still A TON. I haven't bought 45 books in the past 5 years and i study literature at uni as well. how fun it must be to be rich and have enough space for all those books she's going to read once and let hem gather dust... i know it's not possible to go to a library and she lives in some rural area where there probably isn't one anyway... but she'd be always reading bought books even before covid and i just don't know what to think. i mean there are worse things to buy and i don't want to shame her for buying too many books and then reading them - we are not in high school and i am a huge bookworm as well. i guess i'm just jealous and more often than not i do not feel like i am living my cottagecore dreamlife through her videos, i just feel like shit becaue seeing her buy 45 books only reminded me that i will never be able to afford a house like that, in which i could one day bring 45 books in one trip and have enough space for all of them.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

Ruby has really taken to "grandstanding" over the past few years. She tries to come off as the perfect student and sweetest of people, but there is nothing humble about her. Her grandiose book haul is so far reaching. She can't do a normal haul of what she has bought over the past few weeks or even month, but instead goes back to October! October...with books she has already shown, read, talked about in previous videos. Nothing new here, yet again. She must be drained for videos ideas. Just looking at her video titles is rather disconcerting. Everything is a brag, not a share, nothing new. Her book comments were "aesthetic", "beautiful cover" and "I love this font!" Doe she even care what is inside? lol

Now she wants to do another morning routine. Why in heaven's name? Didn't she already do that numerous times and not so long ago? I have it memorized.

Get up or possible pop those glasses right on and start reading for a bit.
Up, make bed, so she feels she has accomplished something.
Open curtains, open window a crack and remark how amazing a day it is, regardless of weather.
Get dressed. Power pose inserted....
Brush teeth, preferably with mouth wide open so we can see the foam, and read a book in the process.
Make a mess while pouring oatmeal in her bowl.
Add fruit, spin bowl like Holly, to be cool.
Read a book while eating.
Go out with the dogs while running up and down the fields like a complete idiot. Be sure to check that camera shot.
Wearing an unpractical outfit, wrap yourself up with blankets and a hot water bottle, complain of the cold and have some tea.
On the computer we go....ho ho.....
More tea.
Look at this amazing mug!
Don't forget to light a candle, maybe 2, in spite of the day light, because it is "aesthetic"!
Talk to a professor. This calls for more tea!
Make a bunch of lists. Time to plug her planner. And Notion. And any other sponsor she can think of.
Be sure to throw in the terms "aesthetic", "dark academia" and "cottagecore" multiple times. Gains those infantile followers she wants to lure in.
If there is time, flap your arms, do ballet with your mother or whip out a few cartwheels so you can check them off your neverending list.
Lunch time!!! Do you want an updated afternoon routine??? Maybe next week she will do it!

:roll:

MissTomato
Learner
Learner

Post by MissTomato »

if she just called her routines vlogs i wouldn't give a damn. but isn't routine supposed to be something you do same every single day? so why make a video about it every other week.

inhisbluegardens
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by inhisbluegardens »

WatchandWonder wrote:
There isn't anything wrong with reading children's books, middle school or young adult literature, overall. It can be fun, entertaining and a comfort read. The problem is that whenever she gets free reading time, she immediately runs to the same children's books, over and over again, during a time where, as an English student and English major, who plans on some kind of career in the field, she should be concentrating on widening her reading material, challenging herself and getting some pretty awesome books behind her belt. As someone who has her degree in English Lit and works in the field, we are expected to have read widely and thoroughly, going from Anglo-Saxon works, through the centuries, into modern day fiction, have a solid knowledge and complete reading of Shakespeare, the Romantics, modern poetry, Victorians, Edwardians, French Lit, Russian Lit, WW and Post WW memoirs, sci-fi and high fantasy and so forth. If someone mentions a character from a Dickens novel, she ought to know them inside out. Same with Hardy, Eliot, Gaskell, etc.. Alongside this she should be reading biographical tomes of these authors. Great, she knows A little Princess by heart, or should by now, but can she intellectually discuss the social issues in Middlemarch or which characters in Dickens's novels were based on real people in his life? Can she write a paper, without doing any research, on the Bronte sisters and how their own lives were reflected in their works? What was fact, what was fiction? The list is endless. No, she can't. Because she isn't spending her time being a bookworm, a bibliophile, or as a dedicated English Lit student, like she claims to be. She is too busy playing at little girl and dress up as characters while the real devoted English student eat, sleeps and breathes literature. We absorb it like a sponge and spew it out at will. That is what she should be concentrating on right now. Not another reread of Coraline or striking a Matilda power pose or prancing around her backyard in awe of nature because she wants to play A Secret Garden now. :roll:
This seems an unfair take, in my opinion. "She can't do X, she should be doing Y". Says who? There's no wrong way to be a reader. She spends so much of her time reading set texts and reading context around those texts, which is obvious in her vlogs - why shouldn't she read whatever she likes in her own time? Just because she's not read what you consider to be highbrow literature in her spare time certainly doesn't mean she's not dedicated. You say that you're expected to read widely because you work in the field, so you're reading for your work. She reads for her classes and for herself and I don't think that should be looked down upon. Furthermore, I highly doubt everyone in the field has such an in-depth literary knowledge as you claim - most people will have specialisations and can't be expected to spout off every area of the written word.

In any case, literature isn't just meant to be some way for you to flex your intellectual muscles and show-off in conversation, you're supposed to be able to enjoy it, too. I'll stay up all night reading Tolstoy, weeping, but I'll also re-read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe every year at Christmastime and not be made to feel an ounce of guilt for it. But maybe my kind of book club is just a bit different from yours.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

WatchandWonder wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:33 am
Ruby has really taken to "grandstanding" over the past few years. She tries to come off as the perfect student and sweetest of people, but there is nothing humble about her. Her grandiose book haul is so far reaching. She can't do a normal haul of what she has bought over the past few weeks or even month, but instead goes back to October! October...with books she has already shown, read, talked about in previous videos. Nothing new here, yet again. She must be drained for videos ideas. Just looking at her video titles is rather disconcerting. Everything is a brag, not a share, nothing new. Her book comments were "aesthetic", "beautiful cover" and "I love this font!" Doe she even care what is inside? lol

Now she wants to do another morning routine. Why in heaven's name? Didn't she already do that numerous times and not so long ago? I have it memorized.

Get up or possible pop those glasses right on and start reading for a bit.
Up, make bed, so she feels she has accomplished something.
Open curtains, open window a crack and remark how amazing a day it is, regardless of weather.
Get dressed. Power pose inserted....
Brush teeth, preferably with mouth wide open so we can see the foam, and read a book in the process.
Make a mess while pouring oatmeal in her bowl.
Add fruit, spin bowl like Holly, to be cool.
Read a book while eating.
Go out with the dogs while running up and down the fields like a complete idiot. Be sure to check that camera shot.
Wearing an unpractical outfit, wrap yourself up with blankets and a hot water bottle, complain of the cold and have some tea.
On the computer we go....ho ho.....
More tea.
Look at this amazing mug!
Don't forget to light a candle, maybe 2, in spite of the day light, because it is "aesthetic"!
Talk to a professor. This calls for more tea!
Make a bunch of lists. Time to plug her planner. And Notion. And any other sponsor she can think of.
Be sure to throw in the terms "aesthetic", "dark academia" and "cottagecore" multiple times. Gains those infantile followers she wants to lure in.
If there is time, flap your arms, do ballet with your mother or whip out a few cartwheels so you can check them off your neverending list.
Lunch time!!! Do you want an updated afternoon routine??? Maybe next week she will do it!

:roll:
Yep! I pretty much called it! She had cereal instead of oatmeal. The rest was pretty on point! lol She also used some old footage, including by the Christmas Tree farm (you can see the trees already cut down and read to go) from several months ago. Same with the muddy path footage. Been there, we sill remember it, Ruby. She can't even make the effort to put out anything new.

bigbogbigbog
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bigbogbigbog »

I don’t have any crazy negative feelings about ruby but I find her very perplexing. I honestly think that she really struggles with herself and her identity. She seeks escapism by filling every single minute of her day so she doesn’t have to be alone with herself and her thoughts. Her obsession with fictional worlds/characters and most recently the Victorian era allows her to live inside her own head and hide behind a character instead of just being herself. Swapping her double bed for an antique Victorian single just proves it to me that she wants to live her life in a play-pretend way because real life is too scary. There’s nothing wrong with keeping a child like view of the world but this seems like anxiety and fear of adulthood.

AutumnMouse
Stalker
Stalker

Post by AutumnMouse »

inhisbluegardens wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 am
WatchandWonder wrote:
This seems an unfair take, in my opinion. "She can't do X, she should be doing Y". Says who? There's no wrong way to be a reader. She spends so much of her time reading set texts and reading context around those texts, which is obvious in her vlogs - why shouldn't she read whatever she likes in her own time? Just because she's not read what you consider to be highbrow literature in her spare time certainly doesn't mean she's not dedicated. You say that you're expected to read widely because you work in the field, so you're reading for your work. She reads for her classes and for herself and I don't think that should be looked down upon. Furthermore, I highly doubt everyone in the field has such an in-depth literary knowledge as you claim - most people will have specialisations and can't be expected to spout off every area of the written word.

In any case, literature isn't just meant to be some way for you to flex your intellectual muscles and show-off in conversation, you're supposed to be able to enjoy it, too. I'll stay up all night reading Tolstoy, weeping, but I'll also re-read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe every year at Christmastime and not be made to feel an ounce of guilt for it. But maybe my kind of book club is just a bit different from yours.
Hey,

Listen,

On thing you need to know about English Major is that they are very very very entitled and demanding people’s

Source: A Communications major which is just English Lite.

bucky
Talker
Talker

Post by bucky »

Her latest video is about how to read more books. It feels like a dated topic now, because I think many people have moved on from the mindset that you have to read 52+ books a year to be a reader. Idk, these types of videos always come with an implication that you have to be productive (hustle) during every waking hour and I'm not here for it

WilyKitWilyKat
Stalker
Stalker

Post by WilyKitWilyKat »

Just thought I’d elaborate a little on the not wanting to grow up think as I can relate to Ruby a lot.

All my childhood I always wanted to be younger. When all the other kids went on about being tall, growing up etc I’d wish I was a baby/toddler again.

It really hit off at about 14 though. No friends. Lonely, very stressed. Not doing well mentally. Home life was full of tension. My brother was chronically ill, parents weren’t taking it well.

I escaped into this world of children. I would look at old fairytale illustrations of children dancing, was entranced by kiplings jungle book, tribal cultures, and glorified this innocent, wild, carefree, in the moment way of living. I spent evenings colouring like a child in a nice dress. Part of it felt natural part was playing pretend. Rejected romance and anything grown up or adult like. Refused makeup even though I wanted it. Went out in the rain did all the frolicking stuff like Ruby. Living in the moment was so fun, so calming. I didn’t want to be infantilised or not independent- rather the opposite. I was very independent. Began to get bouts of pure euphoria on an almost daily basis. Became obsessed with height. I was below average but still felt too tall. Wanted to be shorter. Didn’t like my ever developing body. Once I was 16 I started to feel very uncomfortable because I knew I was going into adulthood.

Only now, (still not an adult technically) I am starting to understand the excitement of growing up.

I completely get the running out of time thing. It’s like heaven, the way we look at childhood. Pure, euphoric, nothing to worry about. I know Ruby’s childhood wasn’t satisfactory and she went through some tough things. So I assume she escaped into a world like I did and is now trying to make up for those years where she didn’t feel carefree/childlike. She’s stuck. Education is keeping her out of the real world. It’s a coping mechanism, self soothing. Although I do believe it can be done in a healthy way. You can take care of the child in you without feeling the need to regress into an actual child. It’s hard to accept these things. But I wouldn’t say she should completely stop her frolicking and playing. I believe nowadays people think playing is just for children and don’t play enough. It feels good. Just find a balance. Be realistic.

effervescent
Debater
Debater

Post by effervescent »

WilyKitWilyKat wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:04 am
Just thought I’d elaborate a little on the not wanting to grow up think as I can relate to Ruby a lot.

All my childhood I always wanted to be younger. When all the other kids went on about being tall, growing up etc I’d wish I was a baby/toddler again.

It really hit off at about 14 though. No friends. Lonely, very stressed. Not doing well mentally. Home life was full of tension. My brother was chronically ill, parents weren’t taking it well.

I escaped into this world of children. I would look at old fairytale illustrations of children dancing, was entranced by kiplings jungle book, tribal cultures, and glorified this innocent, wild, carefree, in the moment way of living. I spent evenings colouring like a child in a nice dress. Part of it felt natural part was playing pretend. Rejected romance and anything grown up or adult like. Refused makeup even though I wanted it. Went out in the rain did all the frolicking stuff like Ruby. Living in the moment was so fun, so calming. I didn’t want to be infantilised or not independent- rather the opposite. I was very independent. Began to get bouts of pure euphoria on an almost daily basis. Became obsessed with height. I was below average but still felt too tall. Wanted to be shorter. Didn’t like my ever developing body. Once I was 16 I started to feel very uncomfortable because I knew I was going into adulthood.

Only now, (still not an adult technically) I am starting to understand the excitement of growing up.

I completely get the running out of time thing. It’s like heaven, the way we look at childhood. Pure, euphoric, nothing to worry about. I know Ruby’s childhood wasn’t satisfactory and she went through some tough things. So I assume she escaped into a world like I did and is now trying to make up for those years where she didn’t feel carefree/childlike. She’s stuck. Education is keeping her out of the real world. It’s a coping mechanism, self soothing. Although I do believe it can be done in a healthy way. You can take care of the child in you without feeling the need to regress into an actual child. It’s hard to accept these things. But I wouldn’t say she should completely stop her frolicking and playing. I believe nowadays people think playing is just for children and don’t play enough. It feels good. Just find a balance. Be realistic.
All good points, we shouldn't be in such a hurry to grow up but we also should avoid looking at childhood through rose coloured glasses and refuse to ever grow up and certainly one can occasionally enjoy things meant for children but still enjoy doing plenty of 'adult things' at the same time. I know there are people who regress mentally to a childlike persona because they never got to have a childhood and it is a form of self-healing for them. With Ruby, I think it would be far easier to grow up if she spent more time with people her own age, instead of stuck in her own little bubble at home. Unfortunately it's not possible now obviously, so it's easier for her to get away with prancing through her garden and I think her parents do coddle her in a way so no one's pressuring her to act more her own age. To be fair, she has plenty of time but hopefully she hasn't gotten a complex. I think it's almost like a fetish for her now, I've noticed so many comments on her instagram of people mentioning how young she looks. I would definitely not want to look like a 12 year old at nearly 21 years old.

inhisbluegardens
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by inhisbluegardens »

I'm always so baffled by how many outfit changes Ruby has in a day and can only imagine the amount of laundry she must produce. The wee yellow dress she wears in her latest routine video reminds me so much of my primary school summer uniform but in yellow - a blast from the past haha!

ggacc
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ggacc »

Why do a video eating like a Victorian child when you could.....eat like a Victorian adult? Because you are yourself an adult woman? I don't get it!

Tsarist_Russia
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Tsarist_Russia »

Did anyone else get a weird vibe during her new cottagecore video?
I can't quite pin it down to something particular, but it just felt really off?!
I think it exemplifies how Ruby continues to live within her comfort zone, even as a (nearly) 21yr old.
It seems she's always got to live her life according to a fictional character, some aesthetic, or a manual/guide of sorts.

noodlehead1
Learner
Learner

Post by noodlehead1 »

inhisbluegardens wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:49 pm
I'm always so baffled by how many outfit changes Ruby has in a day and can only imagine the amount of laundry she must produce. The wee yellow dress she wears in her latest routine video reminds me so much of my primary school summer uniform but in yellow - a blast from the past haha!
I thought the exact same thing about the dress. I’m 85% sure that it IS the summer school uniform.

lilyumi
Debater
Debater

Post by lilyumi »

I’ve been away for a long time, so sorry if it’s been addressed but she definitely slimmed down no? I can tell in her face and legs…

Cyberbully
Learner
Learner

Post by Cyberbully »

lilyumi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:48 am
I’ve been away for a long time, so sorry if it’s been addressed but she definitely slimmed down no? I can tell in her face and legs…
I have been away as well, and yes! Can we just talk about how small she has become? Like she's very skinny now I have no idea what to think, maybe it's all the books on eating disorders she has read

Return to “Ruby Granger”