Stuffanie Only Cares About Her Butt-ermore #AllInsecure - Part 5

Sheare
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Stuffanie Only Cares About Her Butt-ermore #AllInsecure - Part 5

Post by Sheare »

Omg this book thing is SO misleading. She's an academic, and her academic background is in CANCER RESEARCH and CELLULAR BIOLOGY. She needs to be super careful about how she formats this book. If she sells in like an academic case study type of deal with a ton of exercise science and data, she's talking about things she is SOOOO unqualified in.

I dislike Stephanie, but this is pure dishonesty and bullshit.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

I find it annoying she treats everything she tries like a study or scientific experiment. She should know better than anyone that a study of n=1 is worthless.

cat16
Informer
Informer

Post by cat16 »

Ew wtf and people are voting yes. Jeff should be shunned from the fitness community. No one is going to read this horseshit. And if they buy it, they’re just as stupid as her fat butt thinking she’s not going to end up at 200lbs, then 250...then 300... people end up 600lbs for a reason!

Subzz12
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Subzz12 »

HAHAHAHA OMGGGG ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Are you SERIOUSLY considering writing a fucking BOOK about getting fat? BITCH you are not qualified to write fitness programs let alone fucking HARD COVER BOOKS about diet and fitness. You should be encouraging people to seek real help with their diet and severe psychological problems surrounding food, not sprouting yourself as an expert. All you did was eat food and gain weight, leading to SEVERE self esteem issues and dependency on external validation. What exactly is book worthy about this? This is next level fucked up. I didn’t think she could bury herself any deeper, but this definitely is a new low

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

I want to hate read it.

Vodkab4noon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Vodkab4noon »

AddieB wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:44 pm
I feel like everyone’s definition of thick is also very different. For me, when I think thick but fit I think of women like ajahzi, but then I see people calling women like Whitney Simmons thicccc and I’m just like... I’m confusion. Lol. The thing is many people only consider “thick” good when your body fat is distributed in the “right” places. Because this isn’t the case for Stephanie unfortunately it just makes her look big with no definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I really think you nailed the definition of thicc lol. It's a matter of proportions and looking good overall, not Stephanie's fatness.

manicrose
Learner
Learner

Post by manicrose »

Wow this lowkey makes me really angry because there are so many talented writers who receive little or no recognition, yet the Great Stuffanie is going to be able to publish a book about nothing more than getting fat simply because she has 500K followers on Instagram.

Bhizbhalifa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bhizbhalifa »

A book?

Yeesh. That actually is quite bold (read foolish) of her. When I think of book readers in general, they seem to be a more intellectual and intelligent group, unlike her followers. People may read her book out of curiosity, but I fully expect people to see right through the bullshit. I would be surprised if she wasn't eaten up alive for a book, both by the fitness community and intellects. Her gullible and impressionable followers constantly giving her praise for the shit content she puts out have really got her feeling herself because this book is about to be nothing about lies lies lies.

Post by Guest »

She wants to write a WHAT now???

Marinka
Debater
Debater

Post by Marinka »

The thing is, if she would actually hire someone* to help her with this book - and maybe have a more pro. vs cons. approach to the restricting and overexercising in the fitness comunity, this could actually be a pretty good topic to raise awareness about EDs, mental health, PCOS, amenorrhea, cheat days, binging, mukbangs,... I mean she has a platform, therefore she has a voice, so she could do a really good thing with this book.

But it will probably be an "all in journey" lifestyle book focused on her, instead of the problems that happen in diet culture/fitness.

*that someone could be for an example a RD, who would focused on value of food, connections between emotional/stress eating, overeating and even underfueling your body etc..
:love2: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Bhizbhalifa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bhizbhalifa »

Marinka wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:29 am
The thing is, if she would actually hire someone* to help her with this book - and maybe have a more pro. vs cons. approach to the restricting and overexercising in the fitness comunity, this could actually be a pretty good topic to raise awareness about EDs, mental health, PCOS, amenorrhea, cheat days, binging, mukbangs,... I mean she has a platform, therefore she has a voice, so she could do a really good thing with this book.

But it will probably be an "all in journey" lifestyle book focused on her, instead of the problems that happen in diet culture/fitness.

*that someone could be for an example a RD, who would focused on value of food, connections between emotional/stress eating, overeating and even underfueling your body etc..
Now if she were to approach it this way, that would definitely be an interesting concept. I feel like it would take some honesty on her part because up until now, her story hasn't really made sense. I would be curious to see how she dances around things like her "extreme hunger" or even her credentials (like using PhD. on her fitness programs as a way of validating the legitimacy of her fitness knowledge, when really all her programs are, are "this is what I do and here is the science behind it" but with no legit credentials). I think there will be more attention from people like Greg Doucette, so unless she approaches it from a person who is sharing her story as opposed to a person "doing an experiment in herself" for "ScIeNcE" I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Irina
Debater
Debater

Post by Irina »

Seriously, who would read that?
If I suffered from amenorrhea, I would read a book from a professional that focuses specificly around that topic. Same goes with eating disorders (I guess most people who suffer from anorexia/bulimia wouldn't read HER book because it would freak them out - if you are aware of having an ED and you want to treat it, you should/would go to a therapist/doctor...).

Who cares about her personal story of restricting too much and ending up as a (still food focused) mess?
If she would be REALLY happy right now, she could frame it like "how social media made me insecure and how i found my balance and self-worth again" but she has absolutely no balance or self-worth...

For me personally that all-in approach made some sense in the beginning. I am quite sure that she lost her period and never admitted it and that she really did have some bigger food issues. And I do believe that she was not fit at all when she had the most visible abs. A lot of women really aren't made for that low bodyfat %.
If you haven't had your period for a longer time, just eating "normal" isn't going to cut it for a lot of women, sometimes you need to have some overshooting otherwise it can take too long (and periods are SO important for your hormones, bone health etc.).
But yeah, she should have done it with a doctor, not going THAT much overboard, and not focus so much on her god damn body and food all the time.

I really don't get it. She hates filming (she says her anxiety kicks in when she is picking up the camera?!) and taking pictures, she never seemed to really ENJOY the gym, she is not strong, she dosn't have a spectacular body to begin with,....why is she doing that social media stuff to herself? I really don't get it.
Yes, academia can be really exhausting, I get that she left that field, but there are so many other jobs out there...
Please excuse my english, it's not my first language <3

DoctorGirlfriend
Talker
Talker

Post by DoctorGirlfriend »

I cannot believe that she thinks she has enough space or perspective to even consider writing a book about her "all-in journey". WTF is she thinking? I'm sorry but I think this is her first go at a different kind of cash grab. Her programs were no doubt a huge source of income for her, and now that she's put out an advanced program where she looks like a whale, I think she's too insecure to keep putting out programs (I guess the upside is shes not qualified to write them in the first place, so that's something) and this will be her new snare to entrap vulnerable viewers. Also, Steph hunny, you're late to the game. Didn't your shitty coach Kayla Rose right a bullshit book about this already? Damn the diets? Yeah, we don't need more pseudo-science ebooks. I hope she fails miserably.

mb_kat
Learner
Learner

Post by mb_kat »

Irina wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:55 am
If you haven't had your period for a longer time, just eating "normal" isn't going to cut it for a lot of women, sometimes you need to have some overshooting otherwise it can take too long (and periods are SO important for your hormones, bone health etc.).
I wonder if her and Jeff were discussing marriage and that helped push her to try and fix her body. I think she lost her period too and that's not good if they both agree they want kids. She wont be in the right position mentally and physically to have kids for a couple of years.

I also agree with everyone else that her book will be pointless if she doesn't explain her having a dysfunctional relationship with food (I think her talking about how we only know 2017 and onward Stephanie and not competition Stephanie was kind of her hinting at that) but she'll probably not be fully honest. Her brand doesn't even seem like the book type, she'd be better off making a podcast series or short youtube documentary or something imo

Post by Guest »

mb_kat wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:18 pm
Irina wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:55 am
I wonder if her and Jeff were discussing marriage and that helped push her to try and fix her body. I think she lost her period too and that's not good if they both agree they want kids. She wont be in the right position mentally and physically to have kids for a couple of years.

I also agree with everyone else that her book will be pointless if she doesn't explain her having a dysfunctional relationship with food (I think her talking about how we only know 2017 and onward Stephanie and not competition Stephanie was kind of her hinting at that) but she'll probably not be fully honest. Her brand doesn't even seem like the book type, she'd be better off making a podcast series or short youtube documentary or something imo
Oh God, I hope she doesn’t try to have kids before she fixes her psychological issues. I can’t even imagine how disordered they would end up.
I feel like people who are into bodybuilding (Jeff and pre-fat Steph) should be really careful about how they raise their kids. A huge part of their lifestyle revolves around eating and exercising. I don’t think it’s necessarily healthy to teach kids to emphasize those things so heavily. You can definitely be healthy without making diet and exercise your whole personality. I could see them (intentionally or unintentionally) teaching their kids to make a big deal of the way they look, eat, and work out.

LoveNow
Informer
Informer

Post by LoveNow »

Oh my god, she makes me furious. "I'm so excited to write this book, I'm so glad you guys want it???????" The fuck? No one besides her dumb fans who believe everything she says asked for this book. She can barely make quality videos and she's going to write a book? Don't make me laugh.
Honestly, I wish she would write it just so sensible people that actually read books and think for all of 2 seconds will rip her whole brand apart and unveil her lies.

Post by Guest »

LoveNow wrote:Oh my god, she makes me furious. "I'm so excited to write this book, I'm so glad you guys want it???????" The fuck? No one besides her dumb fans who believe everything she says asked for this book. She can barely make quality videos and she's going to write a book? Don't make me laugh.
Honestly, I wish she would write it just so sensible people that actually read books and think for all of 2 seconds will rip her whole brand apart and unveil her lies.
Also, who are these people that keep enabling her and voted Yes for the book?! Granted, a grand total of maybe 5 people could’ve actually voted on her poll but still, STOP ENABLING HER.
Even her story thanking people for wanting her book drips of extreme insecurity. “I’m so glad you guys want it” - her life is so sad. She has zero confidence in anything in her life right now. Maybe her codependent AF relationship with Jeff but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idontrllygossipok
Lurker
Lurker

Post by idontrllygossipok »

Hi guys, I just wanted to take a moment to talk about my own take on all this. Here's the thing: I suffered from binge eating disorder for almost a whole year and I had the unhealthiest relationship with food. I let food dictate my emotions and I used to cry if I did something "wrong", like eat a "bad" food product. For about a 10 months, I went "all-in". Well, not in the Stephanie way. I'd done this before Stephanie embarked on it. Back then I didn't even know this "all-in" was a thing. Anyway, I let myself eat whatever the heck I want and purposefully ate the food that I used to deprive myself off of. It was hard at first but soon it got easy and I started to see all food as equal, and more than that, food became something unimportant. Food was no longer something that haunted me, I no longer spent hours planning what to eat, hopping from diet to diet, checking calories and not going to restaurants that didn't show their calories. I just stopped caring about food. I got other hobbies like singing and dancing and writing, I focused my energy on being a better person. At the end of 10 months, I saw my weight and I realised I was almost 80kg - which is considered overweight for my height. (I'm 5'5) This time, though, I wasn't ashamed of it at all. I took it as a warning sign and began to consciously make healthier decisions for myself. I started my workout routine again (this time filled with exercises I love and not mundane ones), ate whenever I was hungry, stopped eating when I wasn't hungry and made healthy choices 80% of the time when it came to food. I still don't count calories because being a perfectionist makes the numbers game a little hard for me. But since I do have estimates of all food items' calories in my mind, it's easy for me to eyeball and hit my daily need of 2200 calories a day! Thanks to my discovery that 1. food is not my entire life and 2. food has no moral value, it's become easy for me to eat in a nutritionally balanced way.

That being said, I do think intuitive eating and what Stephanie calls the "all-in" approach could be beneficial for some people. However, what Stephanie (and other promoters of intuitive eating) fail to mention is that:
1. In order to live a life eating intuitively, you still need to have some sort of fitness/health background. I find it easy to eat intuitively because I KNOW about calories in/calories out and I KNOW about macros and I KNOW about fitness. Many people who are introduced to intuitive eating are usually people who are looking to get into fitness/health and they're misled into thinking that just "following your body" will help you even though they don't know bull about calories and health science in the first place.
2. The point of eating intuitively/"all-in" is NOT to lose weight. It's not to "reduce your hunger" either. It's simply to get rid of your unhealthy relationship with food and realise that food doesn't dictate your life. It's usually for people who simply want a freedom from the shackles of disordered eating habits.
3. The number one sign that "all-in" is a success is that food and appearance becomes less important than it used to be. That's the point of it: to show you there's more to life than fitness and health etc. But Stephanie's life STILL revolves around food. And that's the worst part. Even after supposedly eating "till satiation" all she ever posts about, thinks about, talks about is food and her body.

Clearly, she's not one of the few people that this approach is working for. And my hunch is because she's not quite reflected on the real reason she embarked on it in the first place. She's not just being dishonest with her viewers, she's being dishonest with herself. And until she admits to her problem I don't think she can recover.

Post by Guest »

I think the reason these Steph threads are always so active on here is because we all find her fascinating in a certain way. Her delusions, disordered behaviour, her lack of self-awareness about her very obvious issues. If Steph would just step away from social media for a good while and go to therapy, she may gain some insights to write a book that could actually help people. One about disordered eating, social media and body dysmorphia. Because that's what this has all really been about and still is about. And I would read that book.

But her book won't be about that, because under the guise of "helping others" she is just looking for more attention and validation.

I'm too tall to ride Steph's rollercoaster of bullshit.

coffeewatts
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by coffeewatts »

Oh my god. I don't even know where to start with this book situation. Ya'll have the bases covered; Stephanie is nothing but a delusional narcissist who finds "purpose" in physical appearance and shitty food. That said, I think one the biggest things I still can't wrap my head around is how she thinks she's helping people in any capacity. The woman can't even take care of her own mother without being exploitive. I can completely understand how an influencer's journey, whether it be fitness, recovery from an eating disorder or other mental illness, academic endeavors, etc. can, well, influence others...but I TRULY do not understand her followers. I hate to make such a blanket statement that's probably kind of offensive (sorrynotsorry) but it's pretty fucking clear her follower's are not bright. At all. She's not producing any meaningful content and anything that's ~*~in the name of science~*~ is complete, unadulterated bullshit. I don't doubt that Stephanie was a good PhD student; she's likely very book smart and studious. What a shame to abandon all of that to cry on camera 24/7 about DOING THINGS THAT LITERALLY NO ONE BUT HERSELF ASKS HER TO DO. No one asked you to do ANYTHING and yet you're wailing about trying to fit into leggings that are three sizes too small, oscillating between hating and loving her body, eating shitty packaged food (lol@i'm a foodie), and the list goes on and on and on...

How anyone could find her story inspiring or helpful in any way?! Don't get me wrong, I think anything that moves us away from unrealistic, superficial beauty standards and owning one's body is great. Body confidence is something that I think is far more beneficial and positively influential than airbrushed fitness models with six packs. But it's all about someone's lifestyle and how they put themselves out into the world. Stephanie is a self-serving narcissist (just had to reiterate narcissist again...) and that speaks far more than her size, what she eats, how she works out, etc. She doesn't give a fuck about helping anyone. If that was the case she wouldn't ask for validation 23904902349 times a day. ~*~*So many of you have asked about some utterly meaningless thing in my life~*~*~* SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ok. I'm done rambling for now. I just hadn't posted on her in awhile, haha.

Return to “Stephanie Buttermore - Archived Threads”