Stuffanie Only Cares About Her Butt-ermore #AllInsecure - Part 5

Sheare
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Stuffanie Only Cares About Her Butt-ermore #AllInsecure - Part 5

Post by Sheare »

As much as today's beauty standards emphasize thiccccccc, there is definitely a threshold as to how thicccccc you can be before it becomes unattractive. I think 15 or 20 lbs ago Jeff was digging the bod, but I think Steph has hit the threshold about now.

Post by Guest »

Sheare wrote:As much as today's beauty standards emphasize thiccccccc, there is definitely a threshold as to how thicccccc you can be before it becomes unattractive. I think 15 or 20 lbs ago Jeff was digging the bod, but I think Steph has hit the threshold about now.
Seriously, and there is a fine line between thiccc and unhealthy. There’s no way all that sitting around and not working out initially was good for her. She probably has a decent amount of visceral fat and it’s not healthy. She’s so broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:53 pm
If people want to talk about Stephanie's bf being short, it's fine. What is useless gossip to one person is juicy gossip to another and vice versa. Some people might think droning on about her All In journey is useless for example. If you don't like something, scroll on or change the topic. Easy!
I don't know if I'm included in this particular post, but I do know I personally am not telling anyone not to talk about him. I was just chattin' about my feelings about the weird spongebob ass looking mfer.

AddieB
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by AddieB »

I feel like everyone’s definition of thick is also very different. For me, when I think thick but fit I think of women like ajahzi, but then I see people calling women like Whitney Simmons thicccc and I’m just like... I’m confusion. Lol. The thing is many people only consider “thick” good when your body fat is distributed in the “right” places. Because this isn’t the case for Stephanie unfortunately it just makes her look big with no definition.

rene1018
Informer
Informer

Post by rene1018 »

Steph posted a pic in her stories with her mom calling her “bestie” which is kinda sweet i guess but also like why?? I know it’s been brought up before but I still wonder why steph doesn’t seem to have irl friends outside of jeff/family. She comes off as so personable/outgoing in her vids so it’s always been a mystery. Lord knows all her fans are head over heels for her. Maybe someone else who’s in academia could account for this but maybe years of being in graduate school was very isolating? But also like I thought it was easy to make friends when you’re in school. It’s so weird and makes me think she has some kind of character flaw that she hides. In any case, I think it would be healthy for her to have more friends. But then again when has steph ever cared about health lmao

thotiana4life
Talker
Talker

Post by thotiana4life »

rene1018 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:59 pm
Steph posted a pic in her stories with her mom calling her “bestie” which is kinda sweet i guess but also like why?? I know it’s been brought up before but I still wonder why steph doesn’t seem to have irl friends outside of jeff/family. She comes off as so personable/outgoing in her vids so it’s always been a mystery. Lord knows all her fans are head over heels for her. Maybe someone else who’s in academia could account for this but maybe years of being in graduate school was very isolating? But also like I thought it was easy to make friends when you’re in school. It’s so weird and makes me think she has some kind of character flaw that she hides. In any case, I think it would be healthy for her to have more friends. But then again when has steph ever cared about health lmao
I find Steph to be very rehearsed in everything she says. I don’t see her as outgoing at all, cause every story she posts where she’s talking, it looks like it’s her 5th time recording it. I’d never be her friend in real life considering her constant need for attention and validation. I don’t know about anyone else but I also couldn’t be friends with a compulsive liar lol. I’m the friend that doesn’t sugarcoat what someone needs to hear and she seems like the friend that doesn’t like to hear anything, even if it’s constructive criticism. She really needs people that call stuff out that isn’t right, but all these people are causing more harm by supporting her unhealthy habits. She’s probably comfortable not having friends so that no one is telling her no

Post by Guest »

thotiana4life wrote:
rene1018 wrote:
I find Steph to be very rehearsed in everything she says. I don’t see her as outgoing at all, cause every story she posts where she’s talking, it looks like it’s her 5th time recording it. I’d never be her friend in real life considering her constant need for attention and validation. I don’t know about anyone else but I also couldn’t be friends with a compulsive liar lol. I’m the friend that doesn’t sugarcoat what someone needs to hear and she seems like the friend that doesn’t like to hear anything, even if it’s constructive criticism. She really needs people that call stuff out that isn’t right, but all these people are causing more harm by supporting her unhealthy habits. She’s probably comfortable not having friends so that no one is telling her no
Agreed. She inserts forced laughs in the parts where she’s trying to be “funny.” It’s all so fake so I can fully understand why she doesn’t have friends. When my body dysmorphia was at its worst, that’s ALL I talked about around my friends, especially because every setting was in a restaurant or hanging out where food and drinks were involved, so my not wanting to gain any more weight/feeling fluffy was always on my mind and a topic of conversation. I can totally understand why I was annoying. She seems too codependent with Jeff to have any real friends and he certainly isn’t doing much to bring her back to reality.

OneOfTheHeathers
Debater
Debater

Post by OneOfTheHeathers »

rene1018 wrote:
I was a little older than her when I was in grad school, but I have my own graduate students now and 100% it is a VERY isolating situation. There are maybe a handful of people in grad school, depending on where you go to school there might be only 15-20 people in the program. In her case, she was at a big school, but in a specialized lab like that, and a PhD student, she probably didn't socialize with others much. PhD and MS students tend to not socialize together, at least in my experience.

Also, people in academia tend to be very socially awkward in general, especially science. Many also have underlying complexes about having to prove how smart they are. I honestly see a lot of the bad traits of academics in Stephanie.

manicrose
Learner
Learner

Post by manicrose »

This comment on Stephanie's latest video: "You have done so great on your journey but there is still far to go. I’m sure it will be hard but just keep pushing through all in and don’t cut it sort due to pressure for it to be over". ..... It's almost like they're saying, keep going you haven't gained 100 lbs yet! I can't help but think there's some schadenfreude going on, lol

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

It's a shame she can't seem to actually bring herself to eat the non-diet version of foods she craves even while "all in". You can't tell me she craved black bean pasta instead of the real deal. I predict her mental hunger is going to continue on as long as she doesn't actually let herself eat. I'm not saying you have to eat nothing but pizza, pasta, full fat ice cream, but if "clean eating" (aka diet crap) is what caused this, eating massive portions of said foods won't fix it. Sure, get in all your fruit/veggies, and eat some healthy stuff, but her current calorie level (or even less) is more than enough to fit in the foods she wants (and still hit protein goals, etc). Then maybe she wouldn't actually be scared of the occasional bowl of real pasta or whatever. I still think she should've consulted a dietician and gotten a real meal plan and followed up on it so that it wasn't all binge or all diet foods.

DoctorGirlfriend
Talker
Talker

Post by DoctorGirlfriend »

treelee wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:54 pm
It's a shame she can't seem to actually bring herself to eat the non-diet version of foods she craves even while "all in". You can't tell me she craved black bean pasta instead of the real deal. I predict her mental hunger is going to continue on as long as she doesn't actually let herself eat. I'm not saying you have to eat nothing but pizza, pasta, full fat ice cream, but if "clean eating" (aka diet crap) is what caused this, eating massive portions of said foods won't fix it. Sure, get in all your fruit/veggies, and eat some healthy stuff, but her current calorie level (or even less) is more than enough to fit in the foods she wants (and still hit protein goals, etc). Then maybe she wouldn't actually be scared of the occasional bowl of real pasta or whatever. I still think she should've consulted a dietician and gotten a real meal plan and followed up on it so that it wasn't all binge or all diet foods.
Fully agree. If she really wants to fix her mental hunger she really shouldn't track her calories and aim to eat intuitively. I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason her IG stories and such are still chock full of "diet" foods is that she is tracking her calories, and trying to eat the absolute most she can for those calories. So, instead of having a 1/2 c of real ice cream for 210 calories, she can have a whole fucking pint of diet ice cream for about the same. Yay! Ugh. It's not what she should be doing to help alleviate and "fix" her mental hunger. I feel like she's making this whole process so much harder for herself because she's clearly still so obsessed with food and her weight.

I also think those commenters who spoke about her using this method of "all in" sounding a lot like refeeding when you're recovering from an eating disorder is spot on. The whole point of going all-in was so she could eat in a non-restrictive way. Sure, she may love her protein powder, but you can't tell me that Halo Top is better than Ben and Jerrys--she's just getting more bang for her caloric buck if you're just looking at the numbers. But I don't think that just the numbers are going to fix her complex issues with food and body image. I wish she would realize that while there are lots of good examples of people who have recovered from obsessive food problems, but this endeavor is really a solitary one. You have to try things for yourself and give yourself honest feedback about how you're really feeling--not rely on outside approval or validation to know you're headed in the right direction.

I do want to be fair and note that volume eating does work really well for lots of people for weight management, and satiety, and I wouldn't say it's inherently disordered. Thinking down the eating for volume track for her should come long after she's worked on what is really eating at her....

jennalevine44
Learner
Learner

Post by jennalevine44 »

Also I denied this forever but the quest stuff and all those fake sugar protein bars and powders and mixes make you crave junk. I used to eat them all the time when I was competing and when I stopped my cravings went down astronomically. I always said that those didn’t cause cravings and I refused to stop eating them but it’s 100 percent true.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

She is slowly regressing back to her (worse) disordered ways, wtf.

a-nole
Learner
Learner

Post by a-nole »

https://youtu.be/izaGs6NGw9I

I was watching this video for a completely different reason.

But around 3:30 she's talking about this one study... which is LITERALLY what happened to Stephanie. Wish she'd watched this wayyyy back in the day.

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

a-nole wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:51 pm
https://youtu.be/izaGs6NGw9I

I was watching this video for a completely different reason.

But around 3:30 she's talking about this one study... which is LITERALLY what happened to Stephanie. Wish she'd watched this wayyyy back in the day.
I completely agree with her on everything she's saying (that I've seen so far), she's clearly more knowledgable in that area than Stuffanie.

Here she's talking about 20 ways to lose fat, hehe:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spaghettistrap
Learner
Learner

Post by spaghettistrap »

Now she wants to write a hard-copy book on her "all in joruney". Is this a joke? What's there to say? 300 pages of "I hate my body today", "My body is great"?

Milking this cash-cow for all it's worth it seems..

happy camper
Talker
Talker

Post by happy camper »

Oh dear lord, please, NO!!!! She'll just use it as another chance to sell her "scientific approach" and stamp her PhD that has nothing to do with this all-in bullshit under it. And it's not like she hasn't detailed just about every damn thing yet, multiple times a day.

gimmecoffee
Learner
Learner

Post by gimmecoffee »

No, please, for the sake of the health of people, do not write a book spreading unscientific information in this day and age. By no means should all-in be promoted as a cure for hunger. Encourage viewers to seek behavioural therapy instead pls and thank you.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Oh god. Seriously, she's not some special snowflake with a huge appetite. She was restricting and binging plain and simple, even if she wasn't ashamed of the binge or planned it out or whatever- not everyone binges in an uncontrollable tidal wave fashion. The cheat days were still inevitable, which is still a problem. And you know what, registered dietitians (which she is lucky enough to have the resources to seek) deal with binging in patients all the time. She should urge people to go see RDs, not hire Kayla Rose (which btw costs about as much a session as an RD, more if you can get some coverage for a visit) or read her very unscientific book about her non- recovery from not disordered eating.

mb_kat
Learner
Learner

Post by mb_kat »

I find that a lot of Youtubers don't have many friends (or if they do it's other Youtubers and basically networking/ass kissing). When you can work at home all the time it's really easy to not go out and maintain a social life. You don't have coworkers or classmates, and her and Jeff exercise alone so it's not like they're meeting anyone at the gym. Tbh Stephanie seems like one of those girls who is fine with her social life revolving around her boyfriend. But she deserves actual friends lol

Return to “Stephanie Buttermore - Archived Threads”