Riverdale (spoilers)

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Riverdale (spoilers)

Post by cheesecakelover »

I don't see any topic on this show so here it is. I think it's very cheesy and cliche but I do like Cole Sprouses return to tv. It really shows his maturity. Then again I've always had a crush on him kinda so I might be a little biased.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

bunnyboo611
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Riverdale (spoilers)

Post by bunnyboo611 »

Hi

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

season 1 so good
season 2 so cringe

Lilybear31
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lilybear31 »

cheesecakelover wrote:I don't see any topic on this show so here it is. I think it's very cheesy and cliche but I do like Cole Sprouses return to tv. It really shows his maturity. Then again I've always had a crush on him kinda so I might be a little biased.

Lol

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

binlova wrote:season 1 so good
season 2 so cringe
Agree. They really jumped the shark. At this point I am 100x more excited for the Sabrina spinoff.

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
season 2 so cringe
Agree. They really jumped the shark. At this point I am 100x more excited for the Sabrina spinoff.
I feel like the acting has regressed its BAD

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

cheesecakelover wrote:I don't see any topic on this show so here it is. I think it's very cheesy and cliche but I do like Cole Sprouses return to tv. It really shows his maturity. Then again I've always had a crush on him kinda so I might be a little biased.
Jug is my fav <3
season 2 so cringe
Agreed.

We need to wait a month for the next episode on Netflix? :|

damnitletmesleep
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by damnitletmesleep »

season 2 so cringe
Oh no :( I just finished season 1, now I don't want to start season 2!

sadguurl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sadguurl »

I complain about the inconsistencies within the show to my friends a lot. For example:
on the last episode Veronica, Archie, Betty, and Jug went on a trip to the Lodge's vacation home. I thought after Veronica's dad went to prison they got all of their properties and their money taken away.

I know it's just a show but I'm still sitting there like, "wow make it more believable!" I do enjoy the whole "murder mystery" theme lol.

side_eye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by side_eye »

sadguurl wrote: I know it's just a show but I'm still sitting there like, "wow make it more believable!" I do enjoy the whole "murder mystery" theme lol.
definitely haha. season 1 was SO much better in my opinion... it feels like this season is a totally different show, far from what is depicted in the archie comics. the murder mystery theme was interesting for sure, although i'm getting super tired of the hiram lodge drama. :roll: it's like the same drama with him and the lodge family in every episode. it bothers me that jughead in particular is completely different this season compared to season 1 lol.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I can't help but laugh at the fact they're all supposed to be 15-17 (?) years old when the storylines clearly don't match up to their age at all

You have Hiram Lodge pairing up with a 15 year old dude and making a blood pact with the kid
You have a 15 year old Betty stripping in a bar and having a BDSM side
You have a 15 year old Veronica playing an active part of the dad's business
You have a 15 year old Archie creating a gang of other 15 year olds to go after Black Hood
You have a 15 year old Betty helping her mother clean up a murder

I can go on forever

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Izabella wrote:I can't help but laugh at the fact they're all supposed to be 15-17 (?) years old when the storylines clearly don't match up to their age at all

You have Hiram Lodge pairing up with a 15 year old dude and making a blood pact with the kid
You have a 15 year old Archie creating a gang of other 15 year olds to go after Black Hood

I can go on forever
Besides Cheryl and Polly's ages don't match up. Cheryl and Jason are twins but Polly is older than Cheryl but Cheryl is in the same class as Betty who is younger than Polly ??????? And they expect me to believe that Jason would've had the mental capacity to run away by selling drugs? No 15 year old would do that would they?

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

^ wait what...they're seriously supposed to be 15? :o
side_eye wrote:
sadguurl wrote: I know it's just a show but I'm still sitting there like, "wow make it more believable!" I do enjoy the whole "murder mystery" theme lol.
definitely haha. season 1 was SO much better in my opinion... it feels like this season is a totally different show, far from what is depicted in the archie comics. the murder mystery theme was interesting for sure, although i'm getting super tired of the hiram lodge drama. :roll: it's like the same drama with him and the lodge family in every episode. it bothers me that jughead in particular is completely different this season compared to season 1 lol.
agreed! the story lines get more wild with each episode. i kinda hope there isn't a season 3 at this point.

side_eye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by side_eye »

cheesecakelover wrote:
Izabella wrote:I can't help but laugh at the fact they're all supposed to be 15-17 (?) years old when the storylines clearly don't match up to their age at all

I can go on forever
Besides Cheryl and Polly's ages don't match up. Cheryl and Jason are twins but Polly is older than Cheryl but Cheryl is in the same class as Betty who is younger than Polly ??????? And they expect me to believe that Jason would've had the mental capacity to run away by selling drugs? No 15 year old would do that would they?

THIS! it literally makes no sense. I honestly forget that these are supposed to be 15-16 year old high school kids because their storylines are far from believable for their age. The show in general made much more sense last season when a lot of the drama and stories were centered around somewhat believable high school scenarios. When I saw the bit about archie (supposedly 15-16 years old at best) making a literal blood pact with a grown adult I was like 'oh you've GOT to be kidding me' :roll: the fact that Hiram would even be involving his 15 year old daughter and her high school boyfriend in his shady business is beyond me.

Plus does anyone else feel like there are so many different storylines going on in the show right now? or storylines that started but then never mentioned again? like what happened to Kevin having any kind of storyline? And are we just pretending that Cheryl didn't attempt suicide?? What's even the point of bringing Chic on the show when nothing has happened with his character either??? smh haha

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

That ending :roll:

There's going to be a season 3 :?

side_eye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by side_eye »

EST wrote:That ending :roll:

I feel like it was a let down haha. My friend and I have watched Riverdale together since the beginning and as soon as we saw the black hood for the first time we were both like "Oh that looks just like Hal!" ......then it took them literally the entire season just to confirm that. Plus I'm soooo done with the whole Hiram drama. I'm upset they're gonna carry on with that in season 3, it's such a tired storyline. I liked Hiram better when he was still in jail :? not to mention it gives Veronica no story of her own. the entire season was all about daddy Hiram and his shady business. I can't think of any storyline that was just Veronica's and not Veronica AND Daddy Lodge + Mobster Mistress Hermione

-Why the hell did Kevin have literally NO STORYLINE the ENTIRE season?? It seemed promising in the beginning and then flopped. They turned him into a stereotypical gay character who randomly shows up with witty one-liners and snaps pics constantly. GIVE KEVIN A REAL STORY! I'm annoyed haha.

-Are we just forgetting the fact that Alice and Betty covered up a murder in their own home and then disposed of the body??? Why was that never addressed or fleshed out more? What happened to that story, so they just got away with it?? Okay..... :(

-Do they go to school anymore? Literally the entire season there was no normalcy of a teenage life. I know it's Riverdale and not a real universe or whatever, but come on. No typical teenage stuff, school drama, even one scene of them in class? Last season archie was all about music vs. football, then this season both are out the window and now he's a mobster with his girlfriend's dad. alrighty. guess it's gonna be neither music nor football for Archie. makes sense for a 16 year old.

I hope next season they try to ground things a little more and make it more believable. Have them in school, relationship issues, school issues, idk really ANYTHING that would be normal for 16-17 year old kids. And justice for Kevin!!!! lol

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

side_eye wrote:
EST wrote:That ending :roll:

I feel like it was a let down haha. My friend and I have watched Riverdale together since the beginning and as soon as we saw the black hood for the first time we were both like "Oh that looks just like Hal!" ......then it took them literally the entire season just to confirm that. Plus I'm soooo done with the whole Hiram drama. I'm upset they're gonna carry on with that in season 3, it's such a tired storyline. I liked Hiram better when he was still in jail :? not to mention it gives Veronica no story of her own. the entire season was all about daddy Hiram and his shady business. I can't think of any storyline that was just Veronica's and not Veronica AND Daddy Lodge + Mobster Mistress Hermione

-Why the hell did Kevin have literally NO STORYLINE the ENTIRE season?? It seemed promising in the beginning and then flopped. They turned him into a stereotypical gay character who randomly shows up with witty one-liners and snaps pics constantly. GIVE KEVIN A REAL STORY! I'm annoyed haha.

-Are we just forgetting the fact that Alice and Betty covered up a murder in their own home and then disposed of the body??? Why was that never addressed or fleshed out more? What happened to that story, so they just got away with it?? Okay..... :(

-Do they go to school anymore? Literally the entire season there was no normalcy of a teenage life. I know it's Riverdale and not a real universe or whatever, but come on. No typical teenage stuff, school drama, even one scene of them in class? Last season archie was all about music vs. football, then this season both are out the window and now he's a mobster with his girlfriend's dad. alrighty. guess it's gonna be neither music nor football for Archie. makes sense for a 16 year old.

I hope next season they try to ground things a little more and make it more believable. Have them in school, relationship issues, school issues, idk really ANYTHING that would be normal for 16-17 year old kids. And justice for Kevin!!!! lol
one of the youtube channels i watch said Riverdale went from a drama with teens to a teen drama.

Sent from my LGK20 using Tapatalk

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I enjoyed Riverdale Season 1 so much I binged watched it. Season 2, I haven't even gone beyond episode 5 because at that point, I'm fairly sure it's a mess. What the hell happened?

Return to “Drama”