Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 3

Post by o_O »

Time for a new thread. Continue here! :tu:

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR

Re: PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 3

Post by OtherwiseKnownAsWIR »

purplequeen wrote:So in the UK you apparently earn 0.03pence per 100 views on YT so given that her divorce vid has had almost 7 million views she made (or would have made) around £2000 so far.

I'd love to know how much she was/is being paid by netflix, that house is a £20k per month mortage, plus she gave away £20k to charity, bought her dad a brand new car, all the holidays etc

Also, OT but I find it strange that Jenna Marbles isn't lounging around in a huge LA mansion by now, she must be a millionaire but still lives in an ugly orange rental house with a garden like a wasteland junkyard. Not even a goddamn pool y'all. Everybody has a pool in the US of A, right!' :tu:
YouTube earnings vary, depends on the ads... and you get better ads the higher your profile (hence the earning figures variance on social blade). TBH 7 Million views would pay more than $2000

How do you know that's actually where Jenna lives? Any millionaire youtuber in their right mind would have a filming "location" home and keep their private home life under wraps ;)

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Onyxmom90 »

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:
purplequeen wrote:So in the UK you apparently earn 0.03pence per 100 views on YT so given that her divorce vid has had almost 7 million views she made (or would have made) around £2000 so far.

I'd love to know how much she was/is being paid by netflix, that house is a £20k per month mortage, plus she gave away £20k to charity, bought her dad a brand new car, all the holidays etc

Also, OT but I find it strange that Jenna Marbles isn't lounging around in a huge LA mansion by now, she must be a millionaire but still lives in an ugly orange rental house with a garden like a wasteland junkyard. Not even a goddamn pool y'all. Everybody has a pool in the US of A, right!' :tu:
YouTube earnings vary, depends on the ads... and you get better ads the higher your profile (hence the earning figures variance on social blade). TBH 7 Million views would pay more than $2000

How do you know that's actually where Jenna lives? Any millionaire youtuber in their right mind would have a filming "location" home and keep their private home life under wraps ;)
Hahahahahahah :rofl:

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso »

To be honest I feel sorry for the Fox News horror. Of course Fox News sucks... but I would still be pretty upset if someone laughed about my divorce on public television.

I don’t get the people who could ‘easily believe’ that it was a stunt. Their whole career is based on people liking and trusting them – can you imagine what fans would have said if this had turned out to be a publicity stunt? Just because they put stupid clickbait thumbnails and titles to their videos doesn’t mean that they would spend 6 months of their lives (at least) drifting apart, to culminate with crying in front of a camera saying that they would be divorcing... just to say: KIDDING! Watch my show!

First of all, that would be incredibly stupid and it makes no sense. Secondly, the fandom would spaz out and unleash hell.

If you find it’s totally reasonable to think it’s a stunt then, man, you have really poor judgement skills. Fox News knows perfectly well that the divorce is very real – they just used it for drama and for their own views. How ironic!

You might find Colleen and Josh annoying or whatever, but they are not stupid, they are very business aware.

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso »

To be honest I feel sorry for the Fox News horror. Of course Fox News sucks... but I would still be pretty upset if someone laughed about my divorce on public television.

I don’t get the people who could ‘easily believe’ that it was a stunt. Their whole career is based on people liking and trusting them – can you imagine what fans would have said if this had turned out to be a publicity stunt? Just because they put stupid clickbait thumbnails and titles to their videos doesn’t mean that they would spend 6 months of their lives (at least) drifting apart, to culminate with crying in front of a camera saying that they would be divorcing... just to say: KIDDING! Watch my show!

First of all, that would be incredibly stupid and it makes no sense. Secondly, the fandom would spaz out and unleash hell.

If you find it’s totally reasonable to think it’s a stunt then, man, you have really poor judgement skills. Fox News knows perfectly well that the divorce is very real – they just used it for drama and for their own views. How ironic!

You might find Colleen and Josh annoying or whatever, but they are not stupid, they are very business aware.

justaspark
Talker
Talker

Post by justaspark »

Makes a lot of sense! Didn't some lady find Jenna's address and go there with her kids? I would've kept filming in a dark, ambiguously located basement after experiencing that!

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

justaspark wrote:

Makes a lot of sense! Didn't some lady find Jenna's address and go there with her kids? I would've kept filming in a dark, ambiguously located basement after experiencing that!
I remember how upset Julien was and how rattled Jenna was. That was so not cool of that Mom.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

o_O wrote:
justaspark wrote:

I remember how upset Julien was and how rattled Jenna was. That was so not cool of that Mom.
Was it in a vlog? I know I've been checked out from Jenna and Julien for the last few years but I didn't remember them getting visited by fans just Josh and Colleen.

MiraMari
Learner
Learner

Post by MiraMari »

[youtube][/youtube]

It happened last year. It isn't new for youtubers to have fans show up at their houses/apartments. It's pretty uncalled for and crazy..

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

:tu:

DancingintheRain_23
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DancingintheRain_23 »

idontthinkso wrote:To be honest I feel sorry for the Fox News horror. Of course Fox News sucks... but I would still be pretty upset if someone laughed about my divorce on public television.

Yes Fox News sucks, but it was not the Fox News channel that poked fun at the divorce and said it was a stunt, it was a Fox station in LA. Not the same.

alexandriablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alexandriablue »

How do videos get into people's recommended? Because I see a lot of comments on Colleen's videos that say "Who the heck is this and why is it in my recommended videos?" Is it because it got so many views so fast, or because of keywords?

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

Colleen just posted on snapchat .. what happened to the break? Maybe she just meant videos weren't gonna get posted? If she'll snap why won't she promote the show? Not purposely being nasty just confuses me when people say they're taking a break and then don't.

Fruitcake
Learner
Learner

Post by Fruitcake »

:roll: :roll:

What did she post?
She's also faving tweets again.
English is my second language!

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

bump
XOXO

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

Fruitcake wrote::roll: :roll:

What did she post?
Just saying thank you for all the love and support through this hard time :roll: if you're gonna take a break I'm sure the kids would understand but then again I have seen the posts from the fandom and they are going crazy :?

NicoleThePickle
Debater
Debater

Post by NicoleThePickle »

Just posting so I can get updates.

alexandriablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alexandriablue »

Whisper challenge w/ Julien and Erin is now up.

Fruitcake
Learner
Learner

Post by Fruitcake »

Hmm. Staying away from social media is probably one of the hardest parts for her ( :roll: ), she's addicted to it.
This break has PR written all over it, it's not her usual way of 'coping' with things. At this point, she's probably dying to post some dog filtered snaps.

Erin has just uploaded the new video.

Edit:

It's probably too soon to upload a video, isn't it?

Also, who's editing it?...

I don't care for challenges at all. But... I don't want to give them any crap. They're trying...

(I had no idea how to word this whole post, I hope it makes sense :? )
Last edited by Fruitcake on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is my second language!

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

Fruitcake wrote:Staying away from social media is probably one of the hardest parts for her ( :roll: ), she's addicted to it.
This break has PR written all over it, it's not her usual way of 'coping' with things. At this point, she's probably dying to be on snapchat, posting some snaps of her with the dog filter.

(I had no idea how to word this, I hope it makes sense :? )

Erin has just uploaded the new video.
Nope it makes sense! Thanks for the input it does seem something PR advised.

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”