Who watches it!?

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dance Moms

Post by TaylorKnows »

I've seen a few episodes. Honestly, Abby seems batshit crazy, but the moms allow their daughters to go. Not all dance teachers are like it. My friend is in dance class and I sat in on a class since I was visiting her. Yes, dance classes are very demanding, but the teacher was no Abby. And if she was, the moms would pull the girls out fast. I don't care how competitive she is. But a lot of the moms remind me of pageant moms, just trying to force their girls into doing something for fame. If my daughter was treated that way, we'd be looking for a new instructor.

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

I LOVE THE SHOW.
Abby is a huge bitch, those mothers are crazy, and I pity the kids. However, it's primo dramz and really the only really trashy show I like. I love dancing and have always wanted to dance but never have. I realize it's nothing like Abby's at a normal studio but I just like watching. Cathy is such a trainwreck, I hate her.
But the girls are funny and precious. My favorites are Chloe and McKenzie. Christie is my favorite mom.

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

Weird, I thought about making this thread :p
First off, Abbey is crazy. I don't get why the moms keep sending their kids back. I figure it's for TV time and money. That Sophia girl is amazing. I think it's rude how sometimes they just don't show up. Cathy is beyond crazy. It's so unprofessional how her and Abbey were yelling in front of everyone in the lobby. Sometimes I think it's scripted :/

***in the first season they had an episode in my city!! Its a really small city, so it's fun to mention haha

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

I don't watch it. Abby is a psychotic bitch and how her fat ass is teaching these girls how to dance is hard for me to grasp. The moms all seem delusional and living through their daughters. Sometimes I want a reality show because it seems like anybody can have one these days.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

That show is one of my guilty pleasures lol. I hate most of the moms, it seems like they think they're the center of attention when it's their kids who are going places. I think Abby's crazy, but sometimes you can see that she does really care about the kids and their futures. I can understand her being so hard on them, I mean, if it was just an after-school dance class or something then no, but most of the girls are probably going to be professional dancers later on.

combatbootprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by combatbootprincess »

LOVE IT
Hate most of the cast though. Abby is too mean. Cathy is a piece of work and don't even get me started on Christie.
The girls cry way more the other girls their age.

Sefij
Informer
Informer

Post by Sefij »

I love this show! I do agree with you in that Abby's a bit crazy, but I read somewhere online that she acts like that for the show and in reality she's a sweet person.
I also don't like the fact how Melissa expects her daughter to always be the best; you can see that she gets annoyed when Maddie's either not on top of the pyramid or doesn't have a solo. Equally, I get the vibe that Maddie 'expects' to be the centre of attention.
I don't understand why the mums complain so much about Abby when they always go back to her. Must be because the dance company almost always does well and wins, so I think the mums are more concerned with their kids winning rather than them doing what they enjoy doing.
I dislike how some mums think that their kid is the greatest thing to have ever happened to the world of dance, namely Melissa and Jill, although recently I've started to really like Jill, she went from crazy mum to one of my favourites.

alanarosetti__xo
Learner
Learner

Post by alanarosetti__xo »

I love Dance Moms. As a dancer myself, it's fun to watch and see that my mum isn't the only crazy "Dance Mom" out there. Kendall and Jill have quickly become my favorite mother/dancer duo. Melissa annoys me, but I like Maddie and Mackenzie. Brooke seems like she doesn't care anymore which annoys me, but I like Kelly and Paige. And of course I love Nia, Holly, Christi, and Chloe, too.
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

I've always just been in dance for fun and my studio never did competitions, so this is the exact opposite of what I've known.
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

I LOVE THIS SHOW! Yeah it's crazy but I have nothing else to do on Tuesday nights :p

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Dance moms

Post by lauralovescats09 »

So I searched for this topic and I couldn't find a thread for dance moms. If one already exists please notify me so I can delete this one.

Not sure if anyone watched dance moms but what do you guys think of Abby saying every girl on the team is 'just another number'? Also, who do you guys think if going to be replaced on the team?

Return to “Reality TV”