Skylar Pollitt/Sierra Unfiltered Podcast Discussion

Amii1024
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Skylar Pollitt/Sierra Unfiltered Podcast Discussion

Post by Amii1024 »

And when she whoops all the time gets on my nerves too. I’m looking forward to her going on maternity leave.

snagglesnoogle
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by snagglesnoogle »

I feel like her sweet act is over the top - maternity clothes are so much more flattering on her, she should have down that sooner but her shape looks so different pregnant. I do not like her fashion sense at all.

RRmeow
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RRmeow »

Take a shot every time she says “that is sooo sweet” and you’d be dead

Alye
Learner
Learner

Post by Alye »

Not just you. She looked great in all the tops she hated. Maternity tops are made to flatter and show off in the best light all the parts that plus size clothing tries to hide because it's okay to put on weight and have boobs and a stomach if you're pregnant but not if you're not. :roll:

+TacoBelle+
Talker
Talker

Post by +TacoBelle+ »

If I had to guess, I think the reason she didn't like most of the maternity clothes is the same reason she explained for the green top. The waist definition (or actual tie) that's meant to accentuate the baby bump also inevitably ends up accentuating the bust. She said she was uncomfortable with it, and I can understand that.
The thing I thought was ridiculous was their awkward exchange when Sierra was trying to force her to get the top Skylar didn't want because it was too much like her current wardrobe. Maybe because Sierra is used to buying tons of clothes at a time, she was getting frustrated that Skylar was being more picky and only wanted to buy things she really liked... But Sierra literally said herself in the intro that the pregnancy clothes Skylar has don't make her feel confident, sooo... did she suddenly develop amnesia??

Post by Guest »

skylar is definitely going to be one of those annoying helicopter moms with her gay husband. her voice is so annoying and she sounds like a dying cat when she talks. she is so ugly and has the weirdest beliefs, listening to her on the podcast makes me want to scream.

Amii1024
Informer
Informer

Post by Amii1024 »

hatergirl07 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:53 pm
skylar is definitely going to be one of those annoying helicopter moms with her gay husband. her voice is so annoying and she sounds like a dying cat when she talks. she is so ugly and has the weirdest beliefs, listening to her on the podcast makes me want to scream.
Yes. You made my day. :rofl: :rofl:

Post by Guest »

if skylar improved her life in terms of being judgmental, then she must have been a tyrant before. she has such a holier-than-thou attitude and it is seriously off-putting, even if i agree with her on several things. i also find it ironic that she uses plastic water bottles and admits to it when carrying a reusable water bottle is literally one of the bare minimum things people who claim to care so much about the environment could do.

hihereforthetea
Learner
Learner

Post by hihereforthetea »

I wish they would have planned out for Skylar's maternity leave by booking different guests to go onto the podcast. Having her family and minions on would just be cringy and boring.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

hihereforthetea
Learner
Learner

Post by hihereforthetea »

Also sorry for double posting, but them requesting the audience not to crack the code is just... Annoying. If you keep mentioning it on your channel, of course people are gonna talk about it. This is how the internet works!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

i feel like skylar has some serious codependency issues or something. she always talks about how she’s wicked “mushy” and loves to be with her husband and touching him all the time (like even when they sleep). i thought “ok some ppl are really affectionate, no big deal.” but she’s made some very odd comments about her baby which make me think she has deeper issues. she said she loves that she’s gunna know her baby “forever” and then in the latest podcast she says she loves being pregnant bc he’s always there and she’s never alone. when she’s scared she can talk to him. idk, i’ve never been preggo so maybe this is more normal than i think but those comments strike me as seriously strange af.

Post by Guest »

Sierra creeps me out about how obsessed she is with babies and her friends' pregnancies. It might also be because I have no desire to have a baby but even my friends who love kids don't act like that

berrymonster
Debater
Debater

Post by berrymonster »

blinkyy wrote: Sierra creeps me out about how obsessed she is with babies and her friends' pregnancies. It might also be because I have no desire to have a baby but even my friends who love kids don't act like that
I feel like maybe she's just trying to make it sound like she really likes kids so people won't say that she's only having a baby to keep up with her friends, but that she genuinely wants one because she loves kids, if that makes sense. It also may just be because she's so close to her friends, so they want to make the "it's my baby too haha" joke, but it's weird. She just overdoes it slightly too much. It's almost likes she's trying to convince herself that she loves kids. In the episode with Kenzie (I think?), Sierra said when she was in high school she thought she never wanted to get married and have kids (she said she thought she would be a CEO, lol, like Sierra you don't just go to college then apply for the position of "CEO" but okay), which makes it seem like she's had a pretty rapid turnaround in perspective on that topic. Maybe she's not actually certain she wants to be a mother, but is just trying to talk herself into it by becoming obsessed with her friends' babies/pregnancies. To be honest I could sympathize with her on that, since it's a conflict for a lot of women (including me), but I do agree it comes across kind of strangely at times.

yoyotomi
Debater
Debater

Post by yoyotomi »

berrymonster wrote:
blinkyy wrote: Sierra creeps me out about how obsessed she is with babies and her friends' pregnancies. It might also be because I have no desire to have a baby but even my friends who love kids don't act like that
I feel like maybe she's just trying to make it sound like she really likes kids so people won't say that she's only having a baby to keep up with her friends, but that she genuinely wants one because she loves kids, if that makes sense. It also may just be because she's so close to her friends, so they want to make the "it's my baby too haha" joke, but it's weird. She just overdoes it slightly too much. It's almost likes she's trying to convince herself that she loves kids. In the episode with Kenzie (I think?), Sierra said when she was in high school she thought she never wanted to get married and have kids (she said she thought she would be a CEO, lol, like Sierra you don't just go to college then apply for the position of "CEO" but okay), which makes it seem like she's had a pretty rapid turnaround in perspective on that topic. Maybe she's not actually certain she wants to be a mother, but is just trying to talk herself into it by becoming obsessed with her friends' babies/pregnancies. To be honest I could sympathize with her on that, since it's a conflict for a lot of women (including me), but I do agree it comes across kind of strangely at times.
I think part of it is also that she’s in the “what’s next” mindset. A lot of youtubers don’t enjoy where they are and they’re constantly trying to reach the next milestone whether it be engaged, married, babies, 1 million subscribers, a new house, new car, what’s coming next without focusing and appreciating where they’re at currently.

backagain12
Debater
Debater

Post by backagain12 »

Amiidelete024 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:18 pm
hatergirl07 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:53 pm
Yes. You made my day. :rofl: :rofl:

A dying cat, I am howling 🤣🤣🤣

backagain12
Debater
Debater

Post by backagain12 »

berrymonster wrote:
What I don’t understand is how did she go from, “we’re going to wait a few years before we start trying, we’re not in a rush” to “we’re probably going to start trying at the start of the new year” to “we’re been trying for three months and I have PCOS so it’s going to be hard” it is literally a 180. Such a dramatic change. She seems to enjoy being the centre of attention and travelling as well. Why is she in such a rush? I seriously don’t get it. My sister just had her daughter and she is 25, she finding it really difficult and relying on my mum for a lot of help and advice. I feel like she’s underestimating the change it will bring to her current lifestyle and it she can help it why not wait a few years and mature a bit more before making such a change, she’s only 23! Mind you, I’m 22 so all this really does baffle me because I’m in Uni and I live like a typical person in their early twenties lol

mishamashin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mishamashin »

every time i hear her jokes, or hip slang she uses, im reminded of that 'how do you do fellow kids' picture
and then i remember that SHE IS 23

i dont know why she doesn't sound or doesnt act like a 'natural' young adult. especially listening to podcast, i feel like these are two women in their 30s talking about kids and how bad society is lol

Post by Guest »

i can't believe skylar cuts people out of her life when they get into a fight. i'm not surprised given how she said that she doesn't like conflict but its still bizarre. it reminds me of a tweet that said something like "stop cutting everyone out of your life who 'doesn't serve you' and learn conflict resolution skills like an adult".

Jeagerton13
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jeagerton13 »

lefargen97 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:31 pm
i can't believe skylar cuts people out of her life when they get into a fight. i'm not surprised given how she said that she doesn't like conflict but its still bizarre. it reminds me of a tweet that said something like "stop cutting everyone out of your life who 'doesn't serve you' and learn conflict resolution skills like an adult".
Makes you wonder what will happen when she gets into a fight with her kid...

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

Jeagertondelete3 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:10 am
lefargen97 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:31 pm
Makes you wonder what will happen when she gets into a fight with her kid...
What happens if she and her husband fight?

Return to “Sierra Schultzzie”