Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by smashthebox »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 pm
just throwing it out there.... but her face doesn't look so great.

yes, she's pregnant. but it's looking very rough.
Ya her acne looks really bad lately but when hasn't it?

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Ya as a Canadian she should of made these products more accessible to Canadians, if that was something that mattered to her. Clearly only profits do.

She said something like customs raised their limits to $150 recently, I don't know if that is true. I wasn't going to take the chance.

These products did not spark any joy for me, tbh. I can get Tom Ford cream shadows and Charlotte tilbury highlighters instead (and up paying less in the long run), these are just copies of products that she already uses/likes. Give it a year, no one will be talking about these again.

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

smashthebox wrote:Ya as a Canadian she should of made these products more accessible to Canadians, if that was something that mattered to her. Clearly only profits do.

She said something like customs raised their limits to $150 recently, I don't know if that is true. I wasn't going to take the chance.

These products did not spark any joy for me, tbh. I can get Tom Ford cream shadows and Charlotte tilbury highlighters instead (and up paying less in the long run), these are just copies of products that she already uses/likes. Give it a year, no one will be talking about these again.
Don't think it'll take a year though haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i thought it was humorous she was getting on CT for her "lip balm" packaging.... considering what sam came out with.

and her skin does flare up a lot. but i guess i'd rather buy the originals than her dupes if that is the what the actual canvas looks like when she removes her product. you know?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

The Tilbury lipbalm was $40 and has "cheap" packaging, her eyeshadow was $40 and has "expensive" but not very functional packaging so it's cOmPlEtElY dIfFeReNt.

It almost seems like she has rosacea now though. I watched her last video and was actually taken aback by her skin. Then she just put concealer on her under eye area and I was ready for her to apply it as foundation instead.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I was thinking the same thing, looks like rosacea. Hopefully she doesn’t get melasma on top of it all

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i forget that rosacea can flare up during pregnancy. with her skin issues, i have a feeling she's had underlying issues with rosacea in the past.
however, she also has the money and the time to really do something about it.

wouldn't that be something, and influencer doing something that not only benefits themselves but also their followers..... and not for the money.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Yikes. Pregnancy is not doing her any favours.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

looks like she should have duped becca products instead.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has she tried accutane? (I know she can’t right now because she’s pregnant) but has she in the past? Or said why she won’t try it? Her face looks so inflamed and painful!! I’d be willing to try it if I was her! I would have tried it long ago honestly. I have mild rosacea and sometimes my face gets inflamed and I hate it so much. Idk she stands it.

Imladris14
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Imladris14 »

prettylights92 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:57 am
Sorry if this has been asked before, but has she tried accutane? (I know she can’t right now because she’s pregnant) but has she in the past? Or said why she won’t try it? Her face looks so inflamed and painful!! I’d be willing to try it if I was her! I would have tried it long ago honestly. I have mild rosacea and sometimes my face gets inflamed and I hate it so much. Idk she stands it.
If I recall correctly she said she didn't want to go down the accutane route because of how rough it is on the body and she didn't like the thought of that. I think she wanted to try to find a more homeopathic/natural route for treating her acne which I could definitely understand.

But I was also thinking that her skin issues look more like acne rosacea rather than regular/hormonal acne. That might be why nothing she's tried actually works if she's not treating the right condition. But as I'm not a dermatologist I obviously can't diagnose her. Her skin does look painful though.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

if her makeup line wasn't such a cash grab... it would have been neat to see her address her skin issues and work on products for people with similar.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

The rosacea seems more recent, maybe related to pregnancy.

I gotta agree with accutane comment though. If I’d struggled with acne for so long, I would’ve tried it by now too. To me, it would be worth it, considering all the time and money she’s already spent on her skin and the long term scarring.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I saw the rosacea on the thumbnail. I don’t sub but just watch every so often, a few times a year maybe. A lot to admire about Sam but her skin isn’t one of them and it’s a makeup channel after all and I don’t like her makeup. The pale lips look like she’s been vomiting. I wish her well but I just can’t watch her most of the time.

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

On her last livestream Samantha said subscribers were diagnosing her with lupus cause they thought it was a lupus rash across her nose and cheeks.

Samantha said she didn't want to take accutane but also that her doctors said her acne want bad enough for accutane (doctors in Canada makes you try all the weaker options before jumping to that though). She'd done a couple rounds 9f antibiotics and that cleared up her acne, but once she stopped taking the meds her acne came right back again, which it isn't supposed to do.

I'm assuming she didn't go on anything else because she wanted to get pregnant and a lot of acne meds interact with that. (I'm standing by my belief that it's a boy too cause Matt isn't worried about it-and said he would worry about having a girl- and Alyssa kept referring to the baby as "him" while Sam would say "they" on one of their latest podcasts).

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

well matt does decide the sex of the baby...

i hope it's a little girl, just to fuck with em.

no child, girl or boy is easy. especially in the climate of man hate that we are all living in, little boys need even more protection and love

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am
looks like she should have duped becca products instead.
:rofl:

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

Approachable hoodies are going to be available tomorrow. I'm not even sure what season they're on now, but they've been having dwindling viewership on YouTube so I'm surprised they didn't size this opportunity sooner.
Their topics really are getting increasingly dull (also I didn't realize I've never made it through a full podcast video before lol) ImageImageImage

lemonmartini
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by lemonmartini »

this.on wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:04 am
On her last livestream Samantha said subscribers were diagnosing her with lupus cause they thought it was a lupus rash across her nose and cheeks.

Samantha said she didn't want to take accutane but also that her doctors said her acne want bad enough for accutane (doctors in Canada makes you try all the weaker options before jumping to that though). She'd done a couple rounds 9f antibiotics and that cleared up her acne, but once she stopped taking the meds her acne came right back again, which it isn't supposed to do.

I'm assuming she didn't go on anything else because she wanted to get pregnant and a lot of acne meds interact with that. (I'm standing by my belief that it's a boy too cause Matt isn't worried about it-and said he would worry about having a girl- and Alyssa kept referring to the baby as "him" while Sam would say "they" on one of their latest podcasts).

I'm pretty sure that accutane can affect the development of a fetus so doctors will not let you go on it unless you have already been on birth control for 6 months. I don't know if they were trying for a baby or not, but if they were, she would definitely not go on it. I also think that now that she's already had a child and would want more in the future, she might be afraid to take the risk to go on a medication like accutane even if it can get out of your system after a few months and be safe to get pregnant after that.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

I've only listened in on a few podcasts, which were all recent episodes. I find the talk about sexism and toxic masculinity frankly interesting and relevant (unlike Sam's beauty videos). Sam has perspectives as to the female "condition" that are refreshing to hear. I can't believe this grey hoodie is 80$. I wonder who would buy it? Is it made with local materials or something?

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”