YouTube Goths/Alternative People

PocketRioja
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: YouTube Goths/Alternative People

Post by PocketRioja »

Really can't be doing with Toxic Tears either. Generally unpleasant and false.

zombiecat
Talker
Talker

Post by zombiecat »

bug_k wrote:I can't stand Toxic Tears. She's fake as fuck, massively over exposes her camera in every single video so her makeup and face look flawless even though in reality she's a total minger and she constantly hints at her amazon wishlist, hoping people will buy her shit from it (as if she's desperate for the money) while uploading expensive makeup hauls. People who promote themselves as beauty gurus when they're actually ugly as fuck, while conning their viewers with lighting and camera overexposure are nothing but frauds, in my opinion. don't sell yourself as something you're not, and pay for your own shit, you fucking parasite.
The Amazon wishlist thing is a bit ridiculous. The constant not-so-subtle "thanks for buying house-warming gifts from my wishlist" :roll: but if people are stupid enough to do it... :? it must be nice to be able to buy expensive eyeshadow palettes and have people send you gifts like you're poor.

I tried watching her and her boyfriend's gaming channel recently... it's awful. It's basically not a gaming channel, it's "watch my boyfriend play a game while he talks over it about something totally unrelated to the game and me and his friend laugh along" - people watch gaming channels because they want to see the game and are interested in the youtubers thoughts on it, not for you to drown it out with rubbish. Also, every series they do is so long! Some of them are like 90 episodes! Who has time for that??? :roll:

I still like her personality though, and I've enjoyed her moving vlogs recently. What is it about her that makes you guys think she's fake?

Chihuahualover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chihuahualover »

I was very happy to see IBF get married. She looked happy, so it makes me feel better about the mr owl situation. congrats to her.
.......eggghhhhhh.....

Alice in Gothland
Learner
Learner

Post by Alice in Gothland »

Chihuahualover wrote:I was very happy to see IBF get married. She looked happy, so it makes me feel better about the mr owl situation. congrats to her.
Yeah, they looked beautiful

Chihuahualover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chihuahualover »

Ok, this thread is dead but I need to vent.

I am so fucking sick of these goth reaction videos. They are useless, boring and everyone fucking does them. And they are lazy videos.
Why do I need to see 400 people doing 'goth react'? One is more than enough. there is NO originality in the goth you tubers anymore.
.......eggghhhhhh.....

Alice in Gothland
Learner
Learner

Chihuahualover wrote:Ok, this thread is dead but I need to vent.

I am so fucking sick of these goth reaction videos. They are useless, boring and everyone fucking does them. And they are lazy videos.
Why do I need to see 400 people doing 'goth react'? One is more than enough. there is NO originality in the goth you tubers anymore.
Yeah, I don't even watch those. Goth is supposed to be about nonconformity and originality; not following video tags/trends. Seems like youtube was more entertaining in the alternative world years back, and as a whole..too bad. =/

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Alice in Gothland wrote:

Yeah, I don't even watch those. Goth is supposed to be about nonconformity and originality; not following video tags/trends. Seems like youtube was more entertaining in the alternative world years back, and as a whole..too bad. =/
I'm starting to hate those too. Toxic Tears and It's Black Friday do it a lot. And besides I mean of course there's going to be a lot of inaccuracy in videos made by non-goths about goth or whatever. Why not make videos about goth (the origins, music, whatever) as opposed to this? I guess the thing is that the reacting ones get more views and most people don't necessarily want to know about the subculture.

Chihuahualover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chihuahualover »

nina84 wrote:
Alice in Gothland wrote:

I'm starting to hate those too. Toxic Tears and It's Black Friday do it a lot. And besides I mean of course there's going to be a lot of inaccuracy in videos made by non-goths about goth or whatever. Why not make videos about goth (the origins, music, whatever) as opposed to this? I guess the thing is that the reacting ones get more views and most people don't necessarily want to know about the subculture.
im not goth, but i like watching the gothics on youtube. i used to find them interesting.
its all bland. i like IBF but its all reaction videos and high myspace angles with her and its getting on my nerves.
.......eggghhhhhh.....

Alice in Gothland
Learner
Learner

Chihuahualover wrote:
nina84 wrote:
Alice in Gothland wrote:

im not goth, but i like watching the gothics on youtube. i used to find them interesting.
its all bland. i like IBF but its all reaction videos and high myspace angles with her and its getting on my nerves.
I consider myself goth so trust me they annoy the hell out of me lol if I wasn't so camera shy I'd make videos myself. Have you tried watching Drac Makens? She's very creative

edit: I just looked back and saw that she was mentioned in this thread previously. I can see why some people might find her a bit touchy..but she has a certain mental illness that she's mentioned before. It doesn't bother me, as I relate to her in a lot of ways.

Chihuahualover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chihuahualover »

drac kind a annoys me. i think she makes a lot of good makeup looks, but she has the personality of a wet sponge.

i used to like toxic and ibf but they are doing those stupid react videos. yuck.

i am left with Shybats, Eugenia Cooney, ofherbsandaltars and amy nekrotique.
.......eggghhhhhh.....

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Chihuahualover wrote:drac kind a annoys me. i think she makes a lot of good makeup looks, but she has the personality of a wet sponge.

i used to like toxic and ibf but they are doing those stupid react videos. yuck.

i am left with Shybats, Eugenia Cooney, ofherbsandaltars and amy nekrotique.
I watch TheGothicAlice sometimes, she doesn't really quench my thirst for videos on goth music but she does talk about movies and books, and she seems like a nice person to me, I enjoy her videos.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

dp but I like ofherbsandaltars too. Kinda more.. down-to-earth than others? And she does talk a lot about the subculture, I think that was more of a thing some years ago, Sebastian Columbine and others were making videos on their thoughts about elitism and such.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Triple post now but I entirely forgot that ofherbsandaltars is he*.

Alice in Gothland
Learner
Learner

nina84 wrote:Triple post now but I entirely forgot that ofherbsandaltars is he*.
I watch them. I'm confused..I thought she was a woman?

Cooney annoys me.. and is way too thin. I'm not into the whole panda eyes thing...

Alice in Gothland
Learner
Learner

nina84 wrote:Triple post now but I entirely forgot that ofherbsandaltars is he*.

Cooney annoys me.. and is way too thin. I don't think she would be considered goth

Chihuahualover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chihuahualover »

Alice in Gothland wrote:

Cooney annoys me.. and is way too thin. I'm not into the whole panda eyes thing...
She is way too thin, but I would rather look like her then me.

I thought ofherbsandalters was a identified as female. I have no clue honestly. She talks a lot about the subculture but sometimes its hard to follow along with the stories. she talks a bit too much.
.......eggghhhhhh.....

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

ofherbsandaltars made a video a while ago (I think) , I remember 'pronouns' being in the title (it was about gender) and the desc said something along the lines of ''I'm okay with they pronouns but I always prefer he''.

Alice in Gothland
Learner
Learner

nina84 wrote:ofherbsandaltars made a video a while ago (I think) , I remember 'pronouns' being in the title (it was about gender) and the desc said something along the lines of ''I'm okay with they pronouns but I always prefer he''.
I'll have to look for that vid, but that makes 0 sense to me..she looks like a female, dresses feminine etc. Seems like people try too hard to be different these days. Just my opinion.

Chihuahualover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chihuahualover »

Alice in Gothland wrote:
nina84 wrote:ofherbsandaltars made a video a while ago (I think) , I remember 'pronouns' being in the title (it was about gender) and the desc said something along the lines of ''I'm okay with they pronouns but I always prefer he''.
I'll have to look for that vid, but that makes 0 sense to me..she looks like a female, dresses feminine etc. Seems like people try too hard to be different these days. Just my opinion.
have to agree with you there. my cousin messaged everyone in the family that she is now gender void. what the hell is that? I'm 26, so i might be to old to know any of this.
.......eggghhhhhh.....

zombiecat
Talker
Talker

Post by zombiecat »

Alice in Gothland wrote:
He identifies as Genderqueer and has loads of videos talking about it (the whole 'genderqueer waffle' series for starters). From what I remember, he basically feels like a dude and feels like he should have dude parts, but he doesn't want the operation to sort that out. But I agree, if you didn't know that you'd just assume female based on appearance.

Does anybody understand what is going on with LeahMouse right now? ...she's posting some weird videos pretending to be some basic bitch (her "new friend") and trying way too hard to be funny. :?

Return to ā€œGeneral and Miscellaneousā€