mirandasings08

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Miranda Sings

Post by kayuhsee »

Poniesftw wrote:after seeing her on TV I checked out her channel and watched a few videos, I hated them. point me to her best one please I really want to give this girl a chance. I really liked her on TrueLife and I don't think she was portrayed bad at all, her relationship drama was clearly just reality bs.
I think her prank calls are some of the funniest especially this one
[youtube][/youtube]
Also the ones she has done with Joey Graceffa are always funny to me.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

I don't get it.... can someone explain where her persona came from? the red lips etc?

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

I do NOT like her. She annoys me SO SO much. I like psychosoprano a little bit more but just barely.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

ima wrote:I don't get it.... can someone explain where her persona came from? the red lips etc?
From my understanding Colleen, the person who plays Miranda, just did it as a kind of a joke one day to make fun of the people she has seen auditioning, or make YT videos who legit think they are good, but aren't. She basically took a bunch of bad qualities of those people and made them into one character. I also know a lot of the things she says comes from her being homeschooled and sheltered as a kid. I don't really know if the red lips have a meaning other than to be funny.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I really dislike her, both the persona and the real person. She's just downright unlikeable.

Meep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Meep »

Whilst I don't entirely like her Miranda persona, the show vids I've seen on YouTube are pretty good. I think her transition from Colleen to Miranda is really well done and I think and she puts on quite an entertaining performance.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Lmao... I found a Czech version of Miranda Sings.. :lol: this girl's funny

ImNoAngel
Talker
Talker

Re: mirandasings08

Post by ImNoAngel »

Can someone please explain why Miranda is such a huge fangirl magnet?

She was never a top-tier youtuber. She had a few viral hits here and there but she was never consistently popular. Yet her signing line at vidcon was super long (even longer than Charles and Alli's!), while someone comparable in style like Bart Baker (who ACTUALLY GETS MILLIONS OF VIEWS) barely had a line. And she's the biggest touring musician from youtube besides Lindsey Stirling and Boyce Avenue. Why is this?

ThatPerson
Debater
Debater

Post by ThatPerson »

i used to be an avid watcher and even paid to see her on her first tour in London.. now not so much. the jokes are really repititive and boring and predictable.

Clemence
Debater
Debater

Post by Clemence »

I only like her when she collabs with Joey Graceffa and the one collab she did with overly attached girlfriend. I find her annoying and unfunny on her own though.

iamwarrior
Lurker
Lurker

Post by iamwarrior »

Ik this is super late, but did anyone else love her 7 second challenge with Zoella?

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

I posted earlier in this thread that I didn't get her but now over the last few weeks I'm obsessed and find her hilarious. I don't know why, usually I'd never find that sort of thing funny. It's just admirable how she keeps such a straight face

The only downside is when she does something hilarious and then reels it off into a sponsorship, that grates me.

nicole08
Learner
Learner

Post by nicole08 »

ImNoAngel wrote:Can someone please explain why Miranda is such a huge fangirl magnet?

She was never a top-tier youtuber. She had a few viral hits here and there but she was never consistently popular. Yet her signing line at vidcon was super long (even longer than Charles and Alli's!), while someone comparable in style like Bart Baker (who ACTUALLY GETS MILLIONS OF VIEWS) barely had a line. And she's the biggest touring musician from youtube besides Lindsey Stirling and Boyce Avenue. Why is this?
I think it's because she started collabing with youtubers whose audiences consist of fangirls, so she started marketing herself like those peers. That way a more stable audience that actually watch each new video grew instead of a bunch of randoms who saw one music video of hers

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

Has anyone been to a show of hers? Is it worth the money to go? She is coming to my area and I am kind of on the fence of going. But I know a couple of people going so I might go too.

isriooer
Talker
Talker

Post by isriooer »

I actually love Miranda/Colleen and went to her show in Chicago last September. The tickets at that point were only 20$ (no clue how much they are now) and I would say it was completely worth the 20 bucks. The show was very funny and every person who attends the show gets to meet her after. In Chicago the line took 3 hours and she met every person. I would say that if you like Miranda humor, then you should go to the show, it's a lot of fun, and surprisingly it's not all little kids. I'm 18 and most people there were my age or older.

Aquamarine
Learner
Learner

Post by Aquamarine »

kayuhsee wrote:Has anyone been to a show of hers? Is it worth the money to go? She is coming to my area and I am kind of on the fence of going. But I know a couple of people going so I might go too.
I went to her show in NYC earlier this year. It was hilarious. The price is definitely worth the performance. If you like her humor at all, you'll enjoy it. At the venue in NYC she wasn't able to meet everyone, but that is not the normal for her shows. I think you should try and make it, it's a great show and she really is a wonderful performer.

Terrestrial
Learner
Learner

Post by Terrestrial »

I don't mind her, but I'm actually really into her sisters videos lately

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by A_L_M »

I like her but lately it seems like she is always collaborating with her brother in order to get him more subscribers.

girlwiththehair
Learner
Learner

Miranda Sings (mirandasings08)

Post by girlwiththehair »

What do you guys think of her? I personally find her hilarious, but I can understand why some people don't. I showed my mom some of her videos and she didn't laugh at all lol. Miranda is not for everybody.

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Miranda Sings (mirandasings08)

Post by CIK27 »

Her lipstick is horrible. Someone should take it away from her.

j/k don't kill me

Return to “Colleen Ballinger”