Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Mugglemad32
Mini Modz
Mini Modz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Post by Mugglemad32 »

I didn't realise that Luke had a chromosome issue I wonder if they will get the new baby tested at some point for the same thing.

Canobilistivrainbows
Learner
Learner

Post by Canobilistivrainbows »

they can barely deal with the kids they already have, why do they have to have another one? I honestly think that Jessica loves having someone who needs her, and that's why they keep having kids.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

Mugglemad32 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:33 pm
I didn't realise that Luke had a chromosome issue I wonder if they will get the new baby tested at some point for the same thing.
I think she is advanced maternal age by now right? So they do chromosomal testing as standard protocol?

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

Canobilistivrainbows wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:55 pm
they can barely deal with the kids they already have, why do they have to have another one? I honestly think that Jessica loves having someone who needs her, and that's why they keep having kids.
I don't know this family dynamic all that well, but I have spent more time than I would like to admit watching other large families with stay-at-home parents, and I think some mothers keep pushing out babies because once they can run away from you, they are a lot of work! Always having a baby gives you an excuse to dip out on caring for the other children. Not that raising babies isn't hard, but if you gave me the choice of feeding a baby for an hour and then taking a nap with them, I would choose that 100% of the time over chasing two toddlers and breaking up fights with 3 older ones.

If it was a matter of being needed, I am pretty sure her current baby will need her for quite some time! This particular family has 2 stay-at-home parents and a nanny too. That has to be so awkward with 3 adults in the house all day. Do you think they divide all the kids up so there is no stepping on toes, or does Chris run the daycare and oversee the nanny while Jessica rests?

Mugglemad32
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by Mugglemad32 »

I think that you might be right as Jessica spends most of her time with Luke and never with her older children, are the older children homeschooled or do they got to school? I didnt realise that they have a nanny to help them because I thought Gwen comes round and looks after them like she does with Flynn.

LimeGreenRanger
Talker
Talker

Post by LimeGreenRanger »

Mugglemad32 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:54 am
I think that you might be right as Jessica spends most of her time with Luke and never with her older children, are the older children homeschooled or do they got to school? I didnt realise that they have a nanny to help them because I thought Gwen comes round and looks after them like she does with Flynn.
Yeah, the nanny is a college-aged girl named Faith. Maybe she'll be a good role model for Bailey? The older ones are home schooled. I feel bad for Jake because it seems like he would do really well being around other kids his age.

Mugglemad32
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by Mugglemad32 »

Ya they would be a good role model for Bailey and I have noticed that she is getting singing lessons from Colleen because I know that Bailey wants to go into musical theatre but I think that would benefit Parker as well.

witchykitty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by witchykitty »

I think Jessica is way more dominant actually. I won't say Chris is necessarily gay, but he acts very feminine or submissive in their relationship. I also think Bailey has autism, not sure if she is actually diagnosed, but she does show a lot of symptoms. So, I don't really think they would force anything like that on her--she seems very directed on her own of what she wants and follows her own path, this is in juxtaposition with her not having strong self awareness.Which of course I could be wrong, but I say it from being in psychology.

My point in saying this though is just to redirect the attention and belief that Jessica and Chris would control their daughter so heavily, I strongly believe she is being herself through and through. While she is innocent, I think it is more likely because of autism than being sheltered.

Although, she does give off a very sheltered impression, so I can see why you guys say that. If you look at Jake, for example, though he doesn't have that impression at all. Maybe their family is sexist and that's why, but again, I think Jessica is the more dominant one. They also have unique role models in their life that could show them different ways of life if they are sheltered and hopefully open their minds.

witchykitty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by witchykitty »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:10 pm
I wonder if they are grooming Bailey to be a motherly type? Submissive to the male dominance. Idk if Jessica is a submissive type, but I think secluding her from the things kids her age do sheilds her innocence. I know a lot of people who shelter their kids like this. They limit the TV they watch and no access to internet without parental supervision. But then again Bailey is what a year or two you get than Danielle Cohn? So I mean this is two extreme sides of the spectrum. I don’t think shielding her from every kid her age is a good way of shielding her innocence and really I guess it’s better than her thinking she needs to be like Danielle. But I’m worried they are grooming her to believe that her only path in life is to bear children and have a family and that may be a struggle she faces later in life if she doesn’t want kids. I think Rachael has mentioned not wanting kids and I hope that if that’s Bailey one day she has Rachael to support her because it seems to me like Jessica is just there to make babies for Chris and Colleen has been wanting a baby for so long that she somehow convinced a guy she barely knew to have a baby with her... having babies seems to be the end goal Loft the ladies in this family and I hope that they don’t raise Bailey to believe her only purpose is to birth babies unless it’s what she wants and not what she feels like she has to do.
theyve moved her into the same room as luke... soo

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

witchykitty wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:10 pm
I wonder if they are grooming Bailey to be a motherly type? Submissive to the male dominance. Idk if Jessica is a submissive type, but I think secluding her from the things kids her age do sheilds her innocence. I know a lot of people who shelter their kids like this. They limit the TV they watch and no access to internet without parental supervision. But then again Bailey is what a year or two you get than Danielle Cohn? So I mean this is two extreme sides of the spectrum. I don’t think shielding her from every kid her age is a good way of shielding her innocence and really I guess it’s better than her thinking she needs to be like Danielle. But I’m worried they are grooming her to believe that her only path in life is to bear children and have a family and that may be a struggle she faces later in life if she doesn’t want kids. I think Rachael has mentioned not wanting kids and I hope that if that’s Bailey one day she has Rachael to support her because it seems to me like Jessica is just there to make babies for Chris and Colleen has been wanting a baby for so long that she somehow convinced a guy she barely knew to have a baby with her... having babies seems to be the end goal Loft the ladies in this family and I hope that they don’t raise Bailey to believe her only purpose is to birth babies unless it’s what she wants and not what she feels like she has to do.
Poor thing should have her own space. Not sure if she’s so immature due to being on the spectrum or if they keep her immature. She 100% has sensory processing issues and a lot of her mannerisms come across to me as on the spectrum. This is just my guess though. We will see I’m the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

witchykitty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by witchykitty »

FleekCucumber wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:19 pm
witchykitty wrote:
Poor thing should have her own space. Not sure if she’s so immature due to being on the spectrum or if they keep her immature. She 100% has sensory processing issues and a lot of her mannerisms come across to me as on the spectrum. This is just my guess though. We will see I’m the next few years.

I agree, and my guess also was that she is on the spectrum. It’s a shame people pick on her about it/her personality differences; at the same time I think her parents should either spread awareness if she is, or not subject any of their children to potentially be bullied online. Ultimately people are wrong for doing it, but it’s easier to change your own behavior and how you handle things rather than expecting everyone to always be kind.

rainpaintedroses
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rainpaintedroses »

IK this has been brought up as a general issue before, but has anyone else noticed how desperate Duncan seems to be for Jessica's attention lately? In their most recent baby haul video, there was a part where - talking about swaddle blankets - Luke put a blanket over his head and started going wild / playing peekaboo. Jessica thought it was cute and started laughing, but she was laughing for a REALLY long time and focused solely on Luke. Duncan sees this, puts a swaddle blanket on him, and 'falls asleep' (pretends to, I mean) on Jessica's knee. This provokes no reaction, and then Jessica starts talking about the differences between different blanket materials and grabs one from Parker to show off the visual difference, at which point Duncan is like "What about my blanket? Have you seen my blanket?" Again, Jessica doesn't reply, and at this point Luke's started in again on putting the blanket over his head, causing Jessica to obsess over him again, only this time Duncan copies Luke and puts his blanket over his head and tries to go wild, too. Only for Jessica to still not pay attention to him.

This was an issue in the pregnancy cravings video from like a month ago, too. Luke kept signing 'Please!' and pre-emptively trying to reach for whatever food they were going to be trying next. This delights Jessica, who starts fussing over him. Duncan sees this, and pretty early on in the video he starts copying Luke again. That doesn't work to gain him any of Jessica's focus, so about halfway through the video, in the middle of Jessica trying to explain something, Duncan halfway leaps out of Bailey's lap, leans over and past Parker, all to try and hug Jessica's arm. Jessica laughs a little awkwardly at that and says a quick "Aw!" before brushing Duncan off and immediately going back to what she was saying. Following this clip there's a jump cut, but just before the jump cut and right after Jessica brushed Duncan off, you can briefly see Duncan lean back over to try and poke Jessica to get her attention again. After all of that, we're shown a clip of Jessica explaining the next food, and Duncan's just got his head laying on the table - seemingly dejected. Parker mentions he really likes the food they're about to have and Duncan seconds that statement, only in speaking his voice is notably flatter than it usually is - and certainly flatter than it was at the beginning of the video. Jessica replies to what Duncan said, however, and that seems to rekindle his interest in participating. Later, towards the end of the video, and again while Jessica is talking, Duncan just starts... playing air guitar? I'm not 100% sure, and neither is Jessica who says as much about it.

I'm the youngest in my family and I've not spent any significant time around really little kids in a casual setting like that, so I could be completely misinterpreting these things totally and completely, but if I'm correct in what I'm thinking then I just can't help but feel so bad for Duncan. Like, seriously, it breaks my heart. He isn't a baby anymore, sure, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still want or need Jessica to pay attention to him - really pay attention to him - and he shouldn't have to beg for her attention like this, either. And I know that things have to be hard what with having five kids and a sixth on the way, but I really hope Jessica begins to if not remember then realize that all of her kids - the kids she chose to have - need her one on one attention, not just her youngest kid.

witchykitty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by witchykitty »

rainpaintedroses wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:07 pm
IK this has been brought up as a general issue before, but has anyone else noticed how desperate Duncan seems to be for Jessica's attention lately? In their most recent baby haul video, there was a part where - talking about swaddle blankets - Luke put a blanket over his head and started going wild / playing peekaboo. Jessica thought it was cute and started laughing, but she was laughing for a REALLY long time and focused solely on Luke. Duncan sees this, puts a swaddle blanket on him, and 'falls asleep' (pretends to, I mean) on Jessica's knee. This provokes no reaction, and then Jessica starts talking about the differences between different blanket materials and grabs one from Parker to show off the visual difference, at which point Duncan is like "What about my blanket? Have you seen my blanket?" Again, Jessica doesn't reply, and at this point Luke's started in again on putting the blanket over his head, causing Jessica to obsess over him again, only this time Duncan copies Luke and puts his blanket over his head and tries to go wild, too. Only for Jessica to still not pay attention to him.

This was an issue in the pregnancy cravings video from like a month ago, too. Luke kept signing 'Please!' and pre-emptively trying to reach for whatever food they were going to be trying next. This delights Jessica, who starts fussing over him. Duncan sees this, and pretty early on in the video he starts copying Luke again. That doesn't work to gain him any of Jessica's focus, so about halfway through the video, in the middle of Jessica trying to explain something, Duncan halfway leaps out of Bailey's lap, leans over and past Parker, all to try and hug Jessica's arm. Jessica laughs a little awkwardly at that and says a quick "Aw!" before brushing Duncan off and immediately going back to what she was saying. Following this clip there's a jump cut, but just before the jump cut and right after Jessica brushed Duncan off, you can briefly see Duncan lean back over to try and poke Jessica to get her attention again. After all of that, we're shown a clip of Jessica explaining the next food, and Duncan's just got his head laying on the table - seemingly dejected. Parker mentions he really likes the food they're about to have and Duncan seconds that statement, only in speaking his voice is notably flatter than it usually is - and certainly flatter than it was at the beginning of the video. Jessica replies to what Duncan said, however, and that seems to rekindle his interest in participating. Later, towards the end of the video, and again while Jessica is talking, Duncan just starts... playing air guitar? I'm not 100% sure, and neither is Jessica who says as much about it.

I'm the youngest in my family and I've not spent any significant time around really little kids in a casual setting like that, so I could be completely misinterpreting these things totally and completely, but if I'm correct in what I'm thinking then I just can't help but feel so bad for Duncan. Like, seriously, it breaks my heart. He isn't a baby anymore, sure, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still want or need Jessica to pay attention to him - really pay attention to him - and he shouldn't have to beg for her attention like this, either. And I know that things have to be hard what with having five kids and a sixth on the way, but I really hope Jessica begins to if not remember then realize that all of her kids - the kids she chose to have - need her one on one attention, not just her youngest kid.
I definitely think you're right about Duncan being hurt by this. Even if it seems slight, if that happens often it certainly would wear on him. I am also in psychology and it is definitely true that if one kid is receiving attention for a certain behavior, the others may copy to receive that attention as well. Although Jacob and the other kids would slightly join in, they clearly were having fun with it a bit more; whereas Duncan was more so parroting Luke.

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

You cannot give 5 kids the attention each deserves or needs yet here she goes having a 6th! Selfishness. Jessica likes being pregnant because it’s an excuse to be fat, period. She’s a slob. She cannot keep her house clean, she’s lazy, she needs a “nanny” give me a freaking break!

Dallas_Snob
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Dallas_Snob »

rainpaintedroses wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Jessica gives off hardcore Michelle Duggar vibes.

I know they aren’t *as* religious or conservative but the way she carries herself is so similar.

She’s definitely the type who puts all the attention on the youngest. It definitely seems like Chris does the majority of the childcare, chores, etc especially when Jessica is pregnant or has a baby.

Dallas_Snob
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Dallas_Snob »

Something I’ve noticed about Jessica (since others have pointed it out) is that she’s really really comes off as jealous person, especially towards Colleen.

She makes a lot of passive aggressive remarks that you can’t really catch unless you pay a lot of attention. The majority around the fact that Jessica & Chris have less money than Colleen. It seems to tear Jessica apart she can’t afford what Colleen can. She’s upset her house isn’t as nice, she’s upset she can’t buy all the pricey baby items Colleen can. She seems like she’s oblivious to the fact that they really all have it good. They have a nice house, a beautiful backyard, can manage to have two SAHP and a nanny. They’re very privileged.

It really bothers me how she continuously makes comments about Colleens size when she should be full aware Colleen has a lot of struggles around her side especially during pregnancy. It seems truly cruel to make comments like, “Colleen as as big as me!” when she’s a) absolutely nowhere close to as big as Jessica b) knows that’s probably a big trigger.

You can literally see Colleens face fall when Jessica makes their comments. I don’t understand why Colleen seems so desperate for Jessica’s approval. (Well, Coleen seems desperate for everyone’s approval but that’s a different thread).

I don’t know, it’s been really noticeable and doesn’t make Jessica particularly likable.

Dallas_Snob
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Dallas_Snob »

witchykitty wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:25 pm
I think Jessica is way more dominant actually. I won't say Chris is necessarily gay, but he acts very feminine or submissive in their relationship. I also think Bailey has autism, not sure if she is actually diagnosed, but she does show a lot of symptoms. So, I don't really think they would force anything like that on her--she seems very directed on her own of what she wants and follows her own path, this is in juxtaposition with her not having strong self awareness.Which of course I could be wrong, but I say it from being in psychology.

My point in saying this though is just to redirect the attention and belief that Jessica and Chris would control their daughter so heavily, I strongly believe she is being herself through and through. While she is innocent, I think it is more likely because of autism than being sheltered.

Although, she does give off a very sheltered impression, so I can see why you guys say that. If you look at Jake, for example, though he doesn't have that impression at all. Maybe their family is sexist and that's why, but again, I think Jessica is the more dominant one. They also have unique role models in their life that could show them different ways of life if they are sheltered and hopefully open their minds.

Why do we assume a submissive man is gay or feminine?

He’s submissive, for sure and very fatherly and does a lot of the traditionally “feminine” roles (usually main childcare provider, seems to handle the children better). We really have to expand our mind beyond the thinking of;

Straight Men=masculine= dominant
Gay men =feminine =submissive

I think he’s a straight guy who is submissive and slightly feminine. He’s a good dad. Wish more men were as involved as he is…

As far as Bailey and autism honestly as someone who has autistic kids I disagree. I think she’s just homeschooled. She’s never been allowed to develop proper social skills and practice them on anyone other than her family. All the Ballinger seem to be desperate for constant validation and you can see that in the kids.

The kids that are outgoing, entertaining and cute kid more attention. That’s why Bailey is perpetually trying to act what she perceived as cute. She hasn’t realize that’s not really socially acceptable behavior past like 10, so she keeps it up. She always seems forced.

If she was in school or at the very least has social interactions with peers she’d be able to self regulate and adjust.

And I’m definitely not saying that kids should all act the same. My kids are weirdos and I love it. I just can’t help but think what a disservice they’re doing to her by keeping her so isolated. She’s going to really struggle once she enters the real world. She’s a good kid.

astridonovan
Learner
Learner

Post by astridonovan »

Wow it's been awhile since I watched Ballinger anything. Is that literally all Jessica has ever done with her life? Pop out baby after baby? Sounds exhilarating ...

Ohnonotagain
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ohnonotagain »

FleekCucumber wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 am
You cannot give 5 kids the attention each deserves or needs yet here she goes having a 6th! Selfishness. Jessica likes being pregnant because it’s an excuse to be fat, period. She’s a slob. She cannot keep her house clean, she’s lazy, she needs a “nanny” give me a freaking break!

Agree 100% with this

HannahLillian
Stalker
Stalker

Post by HannahLillian »

BDSM is a variety of often erotic practices or roleplaying involving bondage, discipline, dominance and submission, sadomasochism, and other related. BDSM is a term used to describe aspects of sex that involve dominance, submission, and control.

Return to “Ballinger Family”