Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chelseawears

Post by sevencents »

Heyholetsgo wrote:
Maris Crane wrote:
Heyholetsgo wrote:Funny thing is, I have the formula to her style down. It's always a cardigan over some lame ass tshirt, or a pullover over a tshirt, or a tank top under the tshirt, and some tight jeans or jeggings and booties, even in the dead of summer
I don't think that's nessecarily a bad thing. She's got a signature style; I prefer that to a woman following every trend blindly regardless of whether she has the body, shape or what-have-you to pull it off.
When you claim to be a style blogger or vlogger or guru or whatever she claims to be, you can't have a signiature style. A true fashionista is never afraid of stepping out of her comfort zone. The fact that she keeps buying the same shit in different colors is a true testemant to fashion and style not being really her strong suit, yet it's what she pursues the most.

I disagree! Having a signature look shows a strong sense of personal style. Otherwise you're just a trend whore jumping on whatever bandwagon and wearing what's "IN" for whatever season. That's not a true sense of style, it's throwing money at whatever trendy thing you find and calling it a day. Chelsea tends to have a signature style because she knows what she likes and how to style herself for her body/lifestyle/taste.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Re: ChelseaWears

Post by Kazekage14 »

I actually really like Chelsea. She's funny, blunt, and pale as hell- so if I like a face product of hers, I know it probably won't be a total fail on me.
I REALLY wish she'd use more drugstore products though. She uses NARS lip products a lot...

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

I like to watch Chelsea's videos because I find her charming and funny. She's one of the few I'm managing to watch.

suzy
Talker
Talker

Re: Chelseawears

Post by suzy »

Fatlikekirsten wrote:She loves herself, she is like makeupneversleeep omg, she thinks she is so cool kind of newyorker or whatever. I used to watch her but she look at the camera like hey... I am better than you redneck.
Yeah, she's annoying sometimes.
Why did she go blonde?! When I first watched one of her videos, like a year ago or something, I thought she was in her early thirties... now she looks even older.

suzy
Talker
Talker

Post by suzy »

Anyone still follows her? I read this interview about her online shop http://www.meetthemavens.com/2014/03/ch ... oylan.html and she said:

"The entire time I’ve spent blogging and making videos on YouTube gave me the confidence to know that people respect my taste and opinions on fashion, beauty, and home décor. Because of this, I knew I had the foundation to build a really strong retail business. My dad started his own businesses when I was a child, so I was raised in the small business environment. I’ve been able to reach out to him for LOTS of advice and have the cushion of starting the business small, while still working a full-time job, and letting it grow without the fear of wondering where my overpriced San Francisco rent will come next. It means I’m insanely busy, but I feel incredibly fulfilled."

What is/was her full-time job? I thought she worked as a nanny, but just a couple of hours a day.

TheOneWhoJustCouldnt
Debater
Debater

Post by TheOneWhoJustCouldnt »

What is/was her full-time job? I thought she worked as a nanny, but just a couple of hours a day.
Really? I thought that is was a full time job (the nannying).
I'm not subscribed to her any more, but from how she would talk (like saying how she wasn't wearing much makeup because of working early/long hours) it sounded like a full time gig. I could be wrong though, it was a while ago so I could be mistaken about what she actually said.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

She has a PhD. Why is she working with jewelry? She mentioned not being able to find a job for her degree field, but she should have had one set up before moving. That's what people tend to do in order to prepare for a big move across the country. I like Chelsea, but she seems to have dropped off the scene. And her roots are BAD. No wonder her mom has tried to bribe her into coloring it brown again.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

Jesus Christ WHAT? She has a PHD ? I have officially seen it all
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Edie wrote:She has a PhD. Why is she working with jewelry? She mentioned not being able to find a job for her degree field, but she should have had one set up before moving. That's what people tend to do in order to prepare for a big move across the country. I like Chelsea, but she seems to have dropped off the scene. And her roots are BAD. No wonder her mom has tried to bribe her into coloring it brown again.
If I'm not mistaken, she has a Master's. She is from the Bay Area originally and presumably, her boyfriend has a job. I don't see why she needed to only move if she had some important career lined up; her job (nannying) might be beneath someone with a Master's, but I'm sure it's only a transient one anyhow in the settling phase. It has to be tough being away from family.

suzy
Talker
Talker

Post by suzy »

She uploaded a new video and she still has brown hair in it. Have you watched it? I don't like it when she uploads videos that are months old, she's done this so many times. If you don't have time to make videos, that's fine, just upload whenever you do. I'd rather watch a video she put effort in. It seems like she felt forced to upload something and she chose a random video to "please" her viewers and keep them subscribed.

TheOneWhoJustCouldnt
Debater
Debater

Post by TheOneWhoJustCouldnt »

I tried to watch her 'new in' video because I used to love Chelsea's hauls, but she was just so annoying in it.

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer

Post by gonebabygone »

TheOneWhoJustCouldnt wrote:I tried to watch her 'new in' video because I used to love Chelsea's hauls, but she was just so annoying in it.
I have to agree. SO annoying.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

the blonde hair just looks dreadful. She looks dirty.

faulkner
Lurker
Lurker

Post by faulkner »

This might not be relevant, but I think her brother committed suicide on Thursday.

I was reading MailOnline - as you do - and came across this article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ridge.html This article mentions a Sean Moylan, which I think is her brothers name? The picture in the article matches her brother as seen in this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnO-EYVAaw

If this is him, my sincerest condolences to Chelsea and her family. Truly awful, shocking and heartbreaking.

suzy
Talker
Talker

Post by suzy »

I'm afraid it's him... I follow her on Instagram, so I know he was in a very bad accident a few months ago (the article on the NY Daily News says he had already attempted suicide on that occasion http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1822369) and this is mentioned in the article you posted.
Awful.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

So sad. I knew that he'd been in an accident, but I thought it was a car accident and that he'd fully recovered. :( Then I checked her IG today and saw the celebration of life, and did some Googling.
I didn't follow news about the bridge until recently (because of the net debate and funding). It was a shock to find out.
I guess they thought that he was doing ok and wouldn't try again.

WhackyJackie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by WhackyJackie »

I've actually watched Chelsea for a number of years she's actually one of the first youtubers I found interesting and wanted to come back and watch. She seems really down to earth and very much her own person when shes on camera! Really love her realness and how she doesn't play up for the camera!

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

She rents bags but buys Balenciaga shoes and such. Yeah okay. Seems legit logic
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

MzMichelle537
Informer
Informer

Post by MzMichelle537 »

I love this girl but she needs to post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Heyholetsgo wrote:She rents bags but buys Balenciaga shoes and such. Yeah okay. Seems legit logic
Well, if she's getting Bal shoes on discount (for argument's sake, around $500) and a Celine Trapeze is 6x the price; why would she save for a Trapeze? I can understand when the Trapeze is such a trendy bag why she'd choose to rent but own a 3.1 Philip Lim. Not to mention, I'm sure she could've gotten a free trial with bagborrowsteal so long as she mentioned it in her blog, videos or 'Gram.

On topic: I miss the frequency of her videos, but I appreciate her grind. Her shop seems to be doing pretty well, and I always love her OOTDs.

Return to “ChelseaWears”