A Model Recommends

Re: A Model Recommends

Post by Guest »

Dandelion wrote:
stupidstupid wrote:I'm sorry, and not typically someone to defend people's behaviour on here, but who cares what her baby is wearing? He's a fucking baby. It makes sense to re-use clothes if she has them - I for one would much rather see that than her buying an entirely new wardrobe for the baby because of people's weird notions about pink not being for boys.
Totally agree.
Excuse my very non-PC and non-LQBTQ+,etc.etc.,etc. response, but she very obviously dressed him in hyper-stereotypical non-PC girl's clothing. The lazy sod probably didn't take a second look at what she was throwing on him. No one said that there was anything wrong w/ pink (or putting hand-me-downs) on a boy, but how many baby boys have you actually seen around wearing a head-to-toe stereotypically feminine pink outfit, unless the parent was very obviously trying to make a PC statement?! This discussion is also not specifically about the "fucking baby", it is a discussed example of Ruth's laziness and self-centredness. My heart aches for these children, to be honest. Lazy slop of a mother who is whining to her masses about how tired she is, is the baby is sleeping yet or not, breastfeeding issues, potty training issues (she wanted Angelica to train out on the lawn so that she wouldn't soil her carpeting), etc., etc., etc..... Sheesh!!!! She's turned me off of having children w/ my husband at the moment!

adven
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by adven »

Becca6779 wrote:
Dandelion wrote: Totally agree.
Excuse my very non-PC and non-LQBTQ+,etc.etc.,etc. response, but she very obviously dressed him in hyper-stereotypical non-PC girl's clothing. The lazy sod probably didn't take a second look at what she was throwing on him. No one said that there was anything wrong w/ pink (or putting hand-me-downs) on a boy, but how many baby boys have you actually seen around wearing a head-to-toe stereotypically feminine pink outfit, unless the parent was very obviously trying to make a PC statement?! This discussion is also not specifically about the "fucking baby", it is a discussed example of Ruth's laziness and self-centredness. My heart aches for these children, to be honest. Lazy slop of a mother who is whining to her masses about how tired she is, is the baby is sleeping yet or not, breastfeeding issues, potty training issues (she wanted Angelica to train out on the lawn so that she wouldn't soil her carpeting), etc., etc., etc..... Sheesh!!!! She's turned me off of having children w/ my husband at the moment!
I think you are reaching. It's not as if she hasn't shown him in "boys" clothes too. A parent of a baby and toddler complaining about being tired hardly makes them "self centered".

Post by Guest »

adven wrote:
Becca6779 wrote: Excuse my very non-PC and non-LQBTQ+,etc.etc.,etc. response, but she very obviously dressed him in hyper-stereotypical non-PC girl's clothing. The lazy sod probably didn't take a second look at what she was throwing on him. No one said that there was anything wrong w/ pink (or putting hand-me-downs) on a boy, but how many baby boys have you actually seen around wearing a head-to-toe stereotypically feminine pink outfit, unless the parent was very obviously trying to make a PC statement?! This discussion is also not specifically about the "fucking baby", it is a discussed example of Ruth's laziness and self-centredness. My heart aches for these children, to be honest. Lazy slop of a mother who is whining to her masses about how tired she is, is the baby is sleeping yet or not, breastfeeding issues, potty training issues (she wanted Angelica to train out on the lawn so that she wouldn't soil her carpeting), etc., etc., etc..... Sheesh!!!! She's turned me off of having children w/ my husband at the moment!
I think you are reaching. It's not as if she hasn't shown him in "boys" clothes too. A parent of a baby and toddler complaining about being tired hardly makes them "self centered".
True, but relatively speaking, Ruth really takes it up a notch.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

This has probably already been said on here, but why the hell does this woman look the same in every. fucking. picture?? I thought she was supposed to be a model?

lwa04
Learner
Learner

Post by lwa04 »

I don't know why she's so obsessed with that red dress with the rushed sleeves - it makes her head look like a pea

Post by Guest »

She goes on about Magnums far too much.

Post by Guest »

sophieimogen wrote:She goes on about Magnums far too much.
I know... I like Magnums (esp. the minis), but definitely not obsessed.... And if I were obsess, I would hope that my loved one's would step in w/ an intervention. ;)

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

I just watched A Week In My Life: November 2017. Her videos are getting less and less interesting. Ruth has turned into a boring little moaner. She also looks ratty most of the time, I think people are going to stop watching soon. Maybe she should get some girlfriends to moan about her problems, and save the interesting stuff for the videos? People have mundane lives of their own, they don't need to see the minutiae of Ruth's. Her children look hideous, I hope they grow up to be more attractive. And Caroline Hirons looks as horrific as ever. She lost some weight and bleached her hair, great. But her face still looks ghoulish and alarming. What happened to that woman? Is it just extremely unfortunate genes? Anyway, I'm a bit depressed that there are basically no Youtubers left I enjoy watching. I might have to start doing crossword puzzles while having a tea break, instead of Youtube. :|

Post by Guest »

^ I can relate to your last sentence lol...it isn't necessarily a bad thing, rediscovering crosswords and such instead of inanely watching these youtubers like we have been these past few years; I feel as though I've reclaimed some of my life back as ridiculous as that sounds haha.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

I agree with you both above my post, I pretty much don't enjoy any youtubers anymore, they're either greedy lazy PR / AD / Sponsored bots- or just so dull - I might as well live my own dullness than theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I have been really enjoying a Youtube'er called "Dr. Dray" lately. She is a dermatologist in Houston and posts daily vlogs to her channel. Very sound advice re: skin care for acne-prone, eczema-prone, dryness-prone, etc., etc. suffers, and to 'cure/treat' any of these things will not cost you an arm and a leg! She'll literally sit down in Walmart, Walgreens, Sephora, Ulta, etc. and will break down the ingredients and tell you candidly why something will or won't work. I have struggled w/ facial dryness and dry patches, and this is the first time in several years that I am no longer frustrated w/ my skin! She is also a really sweet person w/ a wicked sense of humour!

Brigante
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Brigante »

Becca6779 wrote:I have been really enjoying a Youtube'er called "Dr. Dray" lately. She is a dermatologist in Houston and posts daily vlogs to her channel. Very sound advice re: skin care for acne-prone, eczema-prone, dryness-prone, etc., etc. suffers, and to 'cure/treat' any of these things will not cost you an arm and a leg! She'll literally sit down in Walmart, Walgreens, Sephora, Ulta, etc. and will break down the ingredients and tell you candidly why something will or won't work. I have struggled w/ facial dryness and dry patches, and this is the first time in several years that I am no longer frustrated w/ my skin! She is also a really sweet person w/ a wicked sense of humour!
May I ask what she recommends for dry skin? Nothing seems to cure my lizard skin. :(

Post by Guest »

Brigante wrote:
Becca6779 wrote:I have been really enjoying a Youtube'er called "Dr. Dray" lately. She is a dermatologist in Houston and posts daily vlogs to her channel. Very sound advice re: skin care for acne-prone, eczema-prone, dryness-prone, etc., etc. suffers, and to 'cure/treat' any of these things will not cost you an arm and a leg! She'll literally sit down in Walmart, Walgreens, Sephora, Ulta, etc. and will break down the ingredients and tell you candidly why something will or won't work. I have struggled w/ facial dryness and dry patches, and this is the first time in several years that I am no longer frustrated w/ my skin! She is also a really sweet person w/ a wicked sense of humour!
May I ask what she recommends for dry skin? Nothing seems to cure my lizard skin. :(
She recommends a number of products, particularly those containing ingredients such as ceramides (esp.), niacinamide, dimethicone, petrolatum, hyaluronic acid, etc. I have had amazing results from just using the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser (just cleansing 1X/day in the evening) and the nighttime renewal cream (AM and PM). For body care, she mentions a number of creams (better than lotions for moisture), such as CeraVe and Vanicream (a few others also), and to keep it in your shower so that it can be applied immediately afterwards to prevent 'transdermal water loss.' I've personally had great success w/ the Curel Itch Defense lotion, applied in this recommended manner, but I am definitely switching to a tub of cream when I am through this bottle.

Post by Guest »

FYI - Her latest video today is all bout her favourite body moisturizers! :D

Post by Guest »

Have you seen Ruth's new country pile in her Instagram?

lwa04
Learner
Learner

Post by lwa04 »

sophieimogen wrote:Have you seen Ruth's new country pile in her Instagram?
It looks absolutely incredible! Can’t wait to see more - I’ve got a feeling I’m going to have major house envy!

Lilja
Debater
Debater

Post by Lilja »

sophieimogen wrote:Have you seen Ruth's new country pile in her Instagram?
Yes! It looks huge! I'm surprised she could afford somewhere like that, but I suppose it depends upon the location?

Gingerfox
Learner
Learner

Post by Gingerfox »

Just discovered her house cost £1.65 million! :o
It's beautiful - I clearly went into the wrong career!

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

Gingerfox wrote:Just discovered her house cost £1.65 million! :o
How do you know?

her husband must make a lot more than I assumed...

Gingerfox
Learner
Learner

Post by Gingerfox »

mp1416 wrote:
Gingerfox wrote:Just discovered her house cost £1.65 million! :o
How do you know?

her husband must make a lot more than I assumed...
Ruth has given away quite a lot about the town she has moved to in her Instagram posts and it came up when I looked at houses recently sold in the area (I was nosy because it's not far from where I'm from!)

Return to “A Model Recommends”