SuperMaryFace - Part 13 - SuperPreachyFace

mirnica
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SuperMaryFace - Part 13 - SuperPreachyFace

Post by mirnica »

I wish we could get some big names on youtube to talk about this. This is literally animal abuse!

Can I just say I had a bit more faith in Mary, thinking "hey at least she knows a vet and can go if something happens" but.... I GUESS NOT??? WHAT THE???

Mary do the right thing and give those snakes to someone who knows basic animal care at least. Jesus fucking christ, I can't believe how stupid she is.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

But at least the vet seemed to know what he was doing, guys. That was the real concern.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

Thanks so much for your insight, Naevys!
I can't even express how angry and sad I am about these snakes. Mary you can't be a snake breeder if you keep them in a shitty environment, don't check up on them every day, don't clean them properly, and keep them exposed to freaking contamination. Because guess what YOUR SNAKES WILL DIE. I'm so disappointed they changed nothing after Pancake died. It's no coincidence this all started happening after moving the snakes. The rack system is awful especially in that damp, cold storm shelter.
Best thing is that Mary admitted that she's a noob at snakes. A beginner. Then don't get 10 snakes if you don't know what you're doing you idiot. But taking care of 1 snake is basically the same as 10 of them am I right!?!?! (Btw can someone find where she said this? I remember her saying this but I don't remember where).

mirnica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mirnica »

oliver wrote:Thanks so much for your insight, Naevys!
I can't even express how angry and sad I am about these snakes. Mary you can't be a snake breeder if you keep them in a shitty environment, don't check up on them every day, don't clean them properly, and keep them exposed to freaking contamination. Because guess what YOUR SNAKES WILL DIE. I'm so disappointed they changed nothing after Pancake died. It's no coincidence this all started happening after moving the snakes. The rack system is awful especially in that damp, cold storm shelter.
Best thing is that Mary admitted that she's a noob at snakes. A beginner. Then don't get 10 snakes if you don't know what you're doing you idiot. But taking care of 1 snake is basically the same as 10 of them am I right!?!?! (Btw can someone find where she said this? I remember her saying this but I don't remember where).
I know a few people who are cat breeders and they researched and studied from their mentors for yeeeears before they started breeding their own kittens. And those are "just" cats. I feel like snakes are more complicated. It feels like Mary just woke up one day and said "I will be a snake breeder! I am soo edgy! Spiders are not enough!!"
I mean to not even have a vet that knows what you have and what you do is soo sketchy.

Is ANYONE commenting something negative on their video?

drama_llama
Learner
Learner

Post by drama_llama »

I believe she said she was a noob in their latest vlog. "At the Vet"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

drama_llama wrote:
I believe she said she was a noob in their latest vlog. "At the Vet"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I meant the part where she says that taking care of 1 snake is basically the same as taking care of 10 snakes. I don't remember if she said this literally. But it should be around the time they got a bunch of new snakes.

Also mirnica you are right, snakes are definitely very complicated creatures. I really am angry they never looked into a vet before. Not even when Pancake died. It's really says a lot about them.

Post by Guest »

Everytime she mentions "people" in that video she's referring to her own damn self. I don't remember the quotes exactly but " people think snakes are so easy to care for" "people think they can just google how to care for them" "people should do more research" and I guess it's good the snake only needs that medicine every 48 hours since Mary can't be bothered to check on them but ever couple days from what she said in that video, you know when she's taking glamor pics with them.... the same with boss. I honestly felt no sympathy for her. There was a video the other day where she was like "guess you're alright" when a snake wasn't coming out it's hide. A+ snake care! I can't believe she didn't find a vet that treats snakes before she bought 100.

justmiss
Informer
Informer

Post by justmiss »

I hope that the vet was as good as she made it look. When I bring my turtles to the vet the first question is how theirs enclosers look. Meybe that made Mary question herself as a snake owner. I think vet had to ask her about their living conditions especially since it was a sick snake, so meybe there is still hope. (who am I kidding, even if, she won't change it)

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

It's one thing to not find the vet if you're buying one snake as a per, still negligent, but I'll be a bit more lenient. It's another if you're planning on breeding and having that many snakes. You want them to be in the upmost health to ensure the breeding goes right, but she hasn't been able to do that at all. She's had Ben for well over a year and she only just figured out the closest vet. Clearly the whole breeding thing is a recent revelation, unless she really is that naive, cocky and negligent to think she wouldn't need a vet and didn't have one down for emergencies and you know regular check ups that all animals need, again, especially if you are going to breed them. Hopefully now she'll be told not to breed William because of his "quirkiness". I just hope she doesn't try to sell him off or dump him somewhere if that happens, since he won't be of any use to her breeding plans

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

oliver wrote: Best thing is that Mary admitted that she's a noob at snakes. A beginner. Then don't get 10 snakes if you don't know what you're doing you idiot. But taking care of 1 snake is basically the same as 10 of them am I right!?!?! (Btw can someone find where she said this? I remember her saying this but I don't remember where).
I believe she said "having 2 or 3 snakes is the same amount of work as having 20" on a stream and ended up not editing it into the intended video, however that particular video does contain a similar comment. I've downloaded the video and saved a screenshot of it being on her official channel in case she ever decides to delete it, as in the same video she also mentions "ball python life expectancy is between 15 to 20 years, but people say it's lower because they just don't take good care of their snakes and they die a lot younger". Irony.

https://youtu.be/pdIyzGpKJjE?t=10m15s

Direct Quote:
"Katy Amy says will I get any more snakes? Aanndd... maybe. I would maybe like to get something even bigger, like a step up from the ones that we have. I haven't shown you guys Greta just yet and she will be... bigger, than both Benjamin and Meryl. But ehm... maybe. It's not something we're gonna get right right now though. We're very content with all the animals we have at the moment, and ehm... but is it something that we've considered for the future? Sure, why not. They're super easy to care for. You can have 50 snakes and still [searches for words] that's easier to care for than having 5 dogs. It's a completely different kind of animal. And as long as you're giving it all of the appropriate space, heating, food, water, everything that it needs - it's super easy to look after them."
Is that why your snakes keep dying or nearly dying? Because it's super easy? And all you needed to do was give them the appropriate space, heating, food and water? Is that how Pancake died - because she had everything she needed?

This video was made, by the way, 2 months before they bought 3 more ball pythons.

Kogurazul
Learner
Learner

Post by Kogurazul »

I don't believe taking care of snakes is easier than taking care of a dog or a cat. Yeah, it sounds super easy to take care of them as long you have their basic needs (food, water, temperature, etc.) but it isn't easy. Some pets required much work like an axolotl for example. I remember Marzia said taking care of an axolotl is a HUGE work especially when it comes to cleaning their tanks as often as possible and checking the water's temperature and neutrality to make sure the axolotls can live in it. I'm not sure about snake care so I'm not going to say anything about it.

My knowledge in taking care of exotic pets isn't that much but looking at how much shit you need to buy in order to keep your little friend happy and healthy needs a lot of money. And I bet, Mary rather spend money on her fashion senses compared to buying stuff that can make her animals happy.

Post by Guest »

Oh and when she's like"I know a lot of you think I'm an expert", lol she's the one that thinks that....thought that.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

Thanks Amy!!!
This just proves she's fucking stupid and doesn't know anything about snakes. How is having snakes easier than having a dog? FIFTY snakes compared to FIVE dogs that is. You need to check their temperature/humidity multiple times a day, keep them clean, feed them (sorry but putting dog food in a bowl is easier than giving a snake an entire mouse :? ), and MAKE SURE they actually eat, help them molt, etc. etc. And that x50. Because all snakes need individual attention.
For my dog I only need to wash his fur about once a month (ofc this differs per breed), make sure he's fed and he always has water available, cuddle him lots and take him out for a walk 3-4 times a day. Even if you have multiple dogs you can take them out at the same time. Way simpler in theory than a snake. I'd say a snake needs even more research.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

All of this makes me wonder if the dogs have seen a vet since they moved to Mississippi...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

*from the Learning to Crawl video, talking about Layla crying and getting upset about being left in her bed for her first nap of the day and needing reassurance after her nap* Ken: "she's getting some separation anxiety, she's got it pretty bad right now. You just love your mum though, don't you?" Really Ken? If it's really separation anxiety, THIS IS NOT OK. DO NOT SIT THERE AND SAY "Oh it's ok that you don't like to be alone at all, you just love your mum". I really hope she breaks out of this before these words truly carry an effect, or they realise that phrasing it in such a way is not all that healthy. We were all talking about how likely it would be that she would develop separation anxiety because Mary couldn't leave her alone for more than a second, looks like we were right. If it is separation anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I mean at this stage the plot is just so thick that there's no use spelling it out anymore.

Mary purposely chose a life that she knew was going to make her miserable. Mary has no problem standing up for herself to other people. Mary made her choices. When people tried to point out her choices may be misguided, she got thoroughly offended and at times aggressive. I'm sorry Mary, you're a fucking idiot.

You've been miserable in bumfuck Mississippi for two years now. You've had time to come up with the idea that maybe you should find a reptile friendly vet. You've had time to stop talking to your viewers like you're in a place to be giving advice about reptiles. You've had a hot minute to realize you may not have the adequate time, space and resources for this many reptiles.

Congrats, you're a fucking idiot.

Self-doubt and humility after the fact are only actually useful if you're willing to be brutally honest to the kids you have been selling lies to about your lifestyle choices. You know, all those 12 year olds that have been going "I'M GETTING A SNEK BECAUSE OF U" for two years now, the ones you were going to sell home-bred snakes to? Those kids, that have been listening to you all this time, and are still listening to you, and tell you to "stop being hard on yourself" when you say you're not an expert when YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT and you're telling them when your snakes keep getting sick, please don't question your enclosure, no, question your emotional stability but NEVER reconsider your enclosure choice because that would be actually admitting you were wrong and your partner is a shithead. God forbid.

Somewhere out there in this world is a teenager shoving a ball python into a plastic, poorly heated, dripping-with-humidity makeshift tupperware drawer with holes cut into it wondering why their snakes keep dying 'cause if SuperMaryFace is doing it, surely all it takes to fix the problem is cry at a camera somewhere and go back in denial.

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

In the vlog Mary says " we are doing our best for them" no fuck you Mary, you aren't, you idiotic piece of crap.

If you were doing your best, You would have done proper research and got them proper enclosures
If you were doing your best, You would have proper humidity and temperature guages
If you were doing your best, They would have enough room to stretch and explore not be shoved in tiny boxes every day
If you were doing your best, You would have found a vet when you first got your first snake
If you were doing your best, You would have fought your husband about the storm shelter movement
If you were doing your best, Your snake wouldn't have died
If you were doing your best,Your snake wouldn't have gotten sick
If you were doing your best Your snakes wouldn't be stressed and miserable
If you were doing your best, Your snakes wouldn't be crawling through their own feces every day
If you were doing your best, I would have respect for you as an owner
If you were doing your best, You wouldn't become a breeder, because you will then be killing baby snakes
If you were doing your best, You would look at them more than once every few days
If you were doing your best You would have considered the space and time needed to care for these poor creatures
If you were doing your best, You wouldn't be so ignorant to other peoples proper information about care just because they have more knowledge than you and you can't handle that.
If you were doing you best, You wouldn't feed false information to people, especially teenagers who now want snakes because of you
If you were doing your best, You would be honest about the fact that dogs and cats are easier than snakes to care for

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

On the topic of separation anxiety:
Separation anxiety in babies is a sign of insecure attachment. If you're not familiar with Ainsworth's attachment theory, look up the 'strange situation' test on YouTube. In short: if mum leaves the room and the baby gets really upset and can't be calmed down even when she comes back, it is a sign of insecure attachment. The baby is securely attached if she will explore the room and if she's happy when mum comes back.
Insecure attachment is a risk factor for anxiety disorders in children. In addition, parenting styles where the parent is overly attached/worried can result in developing anxiety disorders. Now, this doesn't mean Layla will definitely develop an anxiety disorder in the future, because insecure attachment isn't exactly rare in mother-infant relationships. But there is a risk for it. The fact that Mary seems very overly-attached to Layla does worry me.
They shouldn't take it so light-hearted. Layla having separation anxiety doesn't mean 'she just loves her mum'. It means she is scared to be without her mum.

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

I agree with you 100% Oliver, and I have done some research into my own anxiety disorders but there are so many other factors, but I did read that a lot of it, the environmental factor anyways, starts in early childhood. There are of course genetic causes or contributing factors as well. But it is 100% super unhealthy for her to be so attached to Mary, I actually suffer from 3 different forms of anxiety, but only advertise 2, because it's embarrassing when you say you are an adult woman with separation anxiety and I just hope Layla doesn't turn out the same way. Anxiety is debilitating

Kogurazul
Learner
Learner

Post by Kogurazul »

How the heck Ken and Mary can just shrug it off about this separation anxiety issue? I'm afraid they might be ignorant about this issue and think that Layla will grow out of the "constantly wants to be with her mom" attitude. How is she going to cope going to school or doing anything on her own later on in life?

Return to “MaryMakingIt”