NotAffiliatedLikeJen Part 71

SandalTanLine
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NotAffiliatedLikeJen Part 71

Post by SandalTanLine »

Karolina1985 wrote:Guys I just took Prettyneatliving name on youtube and I have a question is it illegal? Can she do anything to me for that?
Im not a legal adviser but I dont think she can. She might petition for it, or she might have ways to take it over, but you won't get busted for having it. (All my opinion)

SandalTanLine
Debater
Debater

Post by SandalTanLine »

Karolina1985 wrote:Guys I just took Prettyneatliving name on youtube and I have a question is it illegal? Can she do anything to me for that?
Im not a legal adviser but I dont think she can. She might petition for it, or she might have ways to take it over, but you won't get busted for having it. (All my opinion)

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:
Honorary Melissa wrote:
Yes it's illegal and infringing on Jen's trademark. Give it back to her before she sues you.
It would be safer to change your name to Jennifer Ross.
I don't even know why she's not using it herself? She's changed her Youtube name, but not username. Strange

RETIRED MODERATOR

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

I don't think it matters, to be honest. Youtube and its channel name setup confuses me. But if you search "pretty neat living" or "jennifer ross" on youtube, it brings up her channel. If you search "organizedlikejen", it brings up her channel. And the channel name shows as "pretty neat living". It's only when you click on it that the URL shows "organizedlikejen". I think all YTers have this issue. For example, pinksofoxy changed her channel name to Christine Kobzeff but if you click on it, the URL remains "pinksofoxy". Elle Fowler's URL remains "allthatglitters21". I don't think they can change their URLs, just the display name for the channel.

Karolina1985
Informer
Informer

Post by Karolina1985 »

Thank you for your replies. I wonder how it works - let's say that some girl five years ago wanted to have a lifestyle channel so she created it and put PrettyNeatLiving as its name. Now Jen made her trademark and this girl would be legally obligated to give her channel up to Jen? It's hyphothetical but I'm curious.

Btw - I deleted it ;)

sharelesscareless
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sharelesscareless »

lipstick jungle wrote:
Maybe they took care of the trademark side of things and did the site design.

I really think that was all they were ever going to do. The 6 months must just be the time period it took for the approval of the trademark
US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) within approximately three months of filing the application. However, the total application processing time may be anywhere from 6 months to a year, or even longer.
The trademark hasn't been approved, though. The application was filed on March 31, but it's still going through the review process. (And the actual review by a trademark examiner at the trademark office often takes much closer to the full 12 months, or longer.) I'm not sure Ipso had anything to do with the trademark; the attorney on the application is located in Crystal Lake, Illinois, so probably a Jen choice.

The trademark application was filed as an "intent to use" application, which means the owner hasn't started using it. Additional documents have to be filed after she's using the trademark in order to make it an application that can actually become a registered mark (if it is approved).

Basically, I don't think the six month weirdness can be blamed on the trademark at all.

(All the gossip, and it's trademarks that convince me to make an account so I can comment. :roll: )

YouGuysSlayMe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by YouGuysSlayMe »

You must be so proud.

:roll:
Thank you, Imp, for the StonerLikeJen avatar!

sharelesscareless
Wanderer
Wanderer

loopyloo wrote: She should seriously just take the amount of money each month and go to TK Maxx or another store that sells an odd assortment of items or shop the clearance aisles. I actually think a 'look what I managed to buy with $60' video series would be far more interesting.
That would be a lot of fun to watch. Someone needs to jump on it, build a competing PNL empire.

sharelesscareless
Wanderer
Wanderer

Karolina1985 wrote:Thank you for your replies. I wonder how it works - let's say that some girl five years ago wanted to have a lifestyle channel so she created it and put PrettyNeatLiving as its name. Now Jen made her trademark and this girl would be legally obligated to give her channel up to Jen? It's hyphothetical but I'm curious.

Btw - I deleted it ;)
That's a different scenario, though. Someone who started using it five years ago wouldn't have to give it up to Jen now that Jen has decided to adopt that name. In fact, someone who started using it five years ago could probably stop Jen from using it at all, at least if they were both making lifestyle videos or blogs or products.

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

The idea behind naming it "Pretty Neat Living" is that it is supposed to be a brand name I guess. So the focus is not on her (haha as if) but on the brand Pretty Neat Living.
Pretty soon she is going to write like there is a team working on the blog with "we at PNL love the popsugar must have box" or "today we had another busy day at PNL headquarters"

many bidnuss. very lady. Wow.

dafnebrynn
Learner
Learner

Post by dafnebrynn »

If she paid for someone to come up with that name she needs her money back.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

loopyloo wrote:
Evan wrote:SO she spends ALL that fucking money on being rebranded but they can't even come up with a name that fits into Twitter/Pinterest's character limit. . That seems a bit dumb to me.
She should honestly have asked us lot to do the rebranding. We snark on her, but I bet we could have done a better job!

I honestly look at Jen's site and channel and I really have no idea what she is aiming for. I take one look at Alejandra and I instantly see she is catering to people who really love organising. I look at DIOAD and I instantly see that it is budget home-making. I know 'lifestyle' channels are all the rage, but they are hard to do well and easy to do badly. For a start, you really need to have a life to write about and it helps if you have family and friends who will get involved and become characters in your writing. I think to do the lifestyle thing well you need to do one thing each day that is worthy of a blog post. Jen is just too sporadic in that she only does a cooking vid or a book nook or an organisation vid now and again. To make this work she needs to have a routine something like home making on Monday, vlog on Wednesday, make-up reviews Friday or whatever.
I agree.

I actually like lifestyle vloggers. which is just a new way of them saying watch us live and stuff.
But I am SO OVER the whole this new mascara changed my life, this pink lipstick , similar to my 20000 other ones, is AH-Ma-Zing! ... That I'll take anything but Beauty crap.

I like Fleur and Lilipebble's vlogs. Those I look at as lifestyle vloggers - they travel -a LOT ( and show more than just the room) they have friends - mainly real life friends,( no connection to youtube which is a plus in my book, that are interesting on their own)

Jen USED to be a lifestyle vlogger when she did daily vlogs and she showed the tea, and her making 3 loads of laundry for her 3 dish rags, where she shopped, etc.
Now she's a youtuber with a brand that is just about: here's the box I got - look at the crap inside. This is the planner I got - look at it. This is me throwing money away with this purge.

NOW, I don't know what the woman is

People like ordinary stuff. Do it on a dime did a day in a life and it was as boring and ordinary as they come, yet I enjoyed it.
When They start to daily vlog, I start to hate them. I don't think I can handle ANY youtuber daily. But now and Then, I quite like those type of videos.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

sharelesscareless wrote:
lipstick jungle wrote:
Maybe they took care of the trademark side of things and did the site design.

I really think that was all they were ever going to do. The 6 months must just be the time period it took for the approval of the trademark
US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) within approximately three months of filing the application. However, the total application processing time may be anywhere from 6 months to a year, or even longer.
The trademark hasn't been approved, though. The application was filed on March 31, but it's still going through the review process. (And the actual review by a trademark examiner at the trademark office often takes much closer to the full 12 months, or longer.) I'm not sure Ipso had anything to do with the trademark; the attorney on the application is located in Crystal Lake, Illinois, so probably a Jen choice.

The trademark application was filed as an "intent to use" application, which means the owner hasn't started using it. Additional documents have to be filed after she's using the trademark in order to make it an application that can actually become a registered mark (if it is approved).

Basically, I don't think the six month weirdness can be blamed on the trademark at all.

(All the gossip, and it's trademarks that convince me to make an account so I can comment. :roll: )
Thanks for this.
I always like when people from the field or with more in-dept knowledge jump in.

So, the damn ipso really just did the webdesign and took the pictures?
Now I am questioning why they said it would take them 6 months.

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

YouGuysSlayMe wrote:I don't have twitter, but I bookmarked Jen's twitter and that's where I went to link to her posts and videos and such. When I go to my bookmark now, I get a "Oops...that page doesn't exist."

If it weren't for reading here, I would have thought that she left the internet at long last.

Excellent job, Jen. :roll:
She's dumb as hell. She didn't create a new twitter account to save the @organizedjen name so now anyone can register it and impersonate her. :?

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

Traveling to Ohio for a new website? This "pretty" much sums up Jen. I can't even calculate all the money she wasted on this.

dafnebrynn
Learner
Learner

Post by dafnebrynn »

So is PrettyNeatLiving a play on her hero PrettyShinySparkly? I'm so disappointed I figured her getting actual help doing this it might not end up such a total jenlike fail.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

FLOSSY77 wrote:Traveling to Ohio for a new website? This "pretty" much sums up Jen. I can't even calculate all the money she wasted on this.
Jennifer "I went to Ohio to rebrand my website and all I got was this lousy picture with my cone head cut off." Ross

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

FLOSSY77 wrote:Traveling to Ohio for a new website? This "pretty" much sums up Jen. I can't even calculate all the money she wasted on this.
That kills me. Like there's not an appropriate branding agency in flippin' CHICAGO that would do a great job for her?!

dafnebrynn
Learner
Learner

Post by dafnebrynn »

heyheyheynow wrote:
That kills me. Like there's not an appropriate branding agency in flippin' CHICAGO that would do a great job for her?!
Maybe she had to go to Ohio to find one that would take her. That agency seemed a bit fledgling anyway, maybe they needed the clients.

BrokenChristmasTree
Talker
Talker

Post by BrokenChristmasTree »

FFS Jen - changing the name of your Facebook page is the simplest thing around - and a way to keep your 70K subscribers as you'll never get that many back on your new page! :FU:

As we know you read here, go to About on your OLJ page and it brings up your page info - you can change both your name and your URL address from there.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”