BecauseIExistLikeJen Part 65

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BecauseIExistLikeJen Part 65

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

I made a new thread because we were at 40 pages, this title had a number of thumbs up on the posts that included it :)
RETIRED MODERATOR

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: BecauseIExistLikeJen OLJ/MHWL/TBBB Part 65

Post by FLOSSY77 »

:cheers:

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Anyway, about the video. I liked it and disliked it at the same time.

I liked that Jen owned up to not realising how much clothing she actually owns. We've been pointing it out for years, but I really think she was in denial about it because she had everything neatly tucked away in drawers or in her closet and because she had the space, it just didn't seem like a lot of stuff. I also liked that she didn't dwell too much on each item and instead just looked and decided. If you think too much about something, it can trigger guilt or sentimentality and cause you to keep an item that you really don't need to. I liked that she said she got rid of a lot of things that were old and worn out because she really didn't need to keep them if she was never wearing them and they didn't fit properly. I also liked that she made a list of stuff that she needs to re-buy, but I really hope it's only stuff that is essential e.g. only 1 more pair of yoga pants, a few bras etc. Not the whole 6 pairs again when it's really unnecessary.

I disliked the fact that she didn't really get to the route of the problem, her compulsive shopping and the fact that she really does hoard things because she can. I also really disliked that defensive clip at the end where she came across as hostile because she'll be doing more shopping. Yes, shop for the necessities, but she has enough in her closet for most of her life events. She does not need to go overboard again with the shopping, so really changing her thought process is a necessary thing to do, so that she doesn't slip back into the hoarder that she was before the purge.

Also, please tell me she threw away that ugly blue button up shirt that she was wearing at the beginning and end of the video. It doesn't fit and it's not flattering.

Is she doing this purge for her whole house? Because the basement will be a tip if she empties out the contents of the bins onto the floor :o Or the craft room, soo much junk that really is just junk :? The craft stuff can be donated to a school or children's program, but the knick·knack's are just going in the trash.
RETIRED MODERATOR

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

But do you really think she will stick to that list? Ms backups of backups. Lol :?
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

OrganizedLisa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OrganizedLisa »

I love this thread title, but I wish you hadn't included the abbreviations for all of Jen's channels, DipDip,
because they kind of detract from the name...All those letters! :lol:

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

^^Oops, sorry, I just kinda assumed we were supposed to have that there. Mods? Can you change the title please :tu:
RETIRED MODERATOR

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

It looks like Jen is planning to Book Nook about Inferno and Big Little Lies? I'm weary. Her latest reviews felt like receiving a scolding. Fun times.

Wonder what she will set straight or take offense to now...

(For best results, please read in Moody JenVoice.)

"Inferno? Fair-NO? I think that's how you say it. I REALLY don't relate to the material that this book references, so the ensuing story was without merit. :evil: There aren't any, like, weird circles around here. :? And I DON'T need a map of Hell! I'm not the kind of person that's headed for Purgatoria? Torio? Whatever. Purgatory. Paradiso is more my bag.

Since I exist, I know there must be others that also plan to have an exclusively pleasant afterlife experience. Maybe in Italy :? they like to dwell on scary stuff and call it "divine comedy". :scratch: I like to keep things positive and visceral. I don't allow malice in my comments. I'm certainly not going to allow it on my journey to that big Vweeton store in the sky. YKMMV. Your karmic mileage may vary.

The Da Vinci Code was far
more relatable for me because that lady was a descendant of Christ." *stares pointedly into the camera*

"As for Big Little Lies, I was shocked by the title. I've compared my lies to Don's for scale, and mine are legit smaller and cuter. It's unfair for the author to assume things about petite liars and our proportionate fibs. :evil:"

Jen, I apologize if this is what you planned to say, word for word. Hope I haven't created more work for you.
Last edited by Noelle on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankme »

Yellowdollroom - that's her. Thanks!
Noelle - thank you too!

I'm 5'1. I know for a fact petite sizes here in the US only go by height. I have to buy my jeans from American eagle because they carry petite, cute jeans. Tops I have no problem buying anywhere. Maxi dresses I can't wear . So I have to take maxi skirts, and wear them as a dresses, lol..

I personally won't ever believe Jen is a size petite. If she had to wear the jeans I wore, they'd look like kapris on her. At the same time I've only ever seen her guy petite dresses/shirts. She knows damn well the jeans won't fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gardenhoe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gardenhoe »

My 4' 7" mom is petite. Petite walker and cane. All clothes altered to fit.

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:^^Oops, sorry, I just kinda assumed we were supposed to have that there. Mods? Can you change the title please :tu:
Honestly, I didn't even notice the extra letters when I posted last night! so no worries!! :tu:

LOL at Jen reviewing Inferno. She should just stick to her teen lit and call it a day. :rofl: But on another note and completely off topic, Ron Howard and Tom Hanks have teamed up again to film Inferno!! :love2: :love2: :love2: I love both of them so I can't wait for this. It'll be a couple of years but still. It's pretty cool that Ron Howard has been posting pics while scouting locations (including Venice) and took 1 pic of food (but hey he's the Ron Howard!). Those look more exciting than Jens and he's working!! Ah see, there it's relevant now!! :rofl: :rofl:
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

Arwen_Saffron
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Arwen_Saffron »

Did anyone else notice that in her purging video both the Limited Edition - Dooney and Burke Disney Purses that she picked up the year she did the Disney Half-Marathon Coast to Coast Challenge were in her pile for next year's handbag auction?

She said at the time that they were her "big" purchase to commemorate the races - guess that impulse purchase was short lived.

Poopsie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Poopsie »

OrganizedLisa wrote:I love this thread title, but I wish you hadn't included the abbreviations for all of Jen's channels, DipDip,
because they kind of detract from the name...All those letters! :lol:
Really? :roll:

BritishLikeJen
Debater
Debater

Post by BritishLikeJen »

Arwen_Saffron wrote:Did anyone else notice that in her purging video both the Limited Edition - Dooney and Burke Disney Purses that she picked up the year she did the Disney Half-Marathon Coast to Coast Challenge were in her pile for next year's handbag auction?

She said at the time that they were her "big" purchase to commemorate the races - guess that impulse purchase was short lived.
Yup, I spotted that too! She's a professional conference goer now, so all the Disney stuff has to go to make way for that. I'm telling you (and I said before) that medal rack is coming down so she can show off her badges. She was oddly proud of the home show one.

I wish she would retire the whole planned purchases lie line. NO ONE who actually considers all purchases "for years" goes out for donuts and comes back with a LV clutch. Even if it was "Don's" idea. You impulse purchase Jen. You might have a shopping problem but it's far worse by not admitting it. But I guess admitting it means you want/need to fix it, and that's scary.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

I have the first ever Disney D&B bag that they put out (purchased about 2 weeks after release). It even has the D&B logo printed in the pattern instead of just the patch (I guess they changed that for the second release?) I used it a lot when I first got it and then during a couple of trips afterwards. I'm sure I could make a killing with it on Ebay. But despite not using it much anymore, I am keeping it because it has sentimental value to me. I cannot believe she talked about hers being commemorative pieces and now she is selling them? Wait a minute, I forgot who I was talking about...I totally believe it :roll:

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

PLB, the scenery in that movie should be great. Maybe it will even entice Jen into taking a trip to Florence. ;) I'm a little surprised that wasn't Don's Italian destination of choice to begin with. I always said they should've eaten their way through Tuscany for a more J&D-friendly experience.

I think she is over Disney and racing. She didn't seem jazzed to be there during the majority of the last trip, and the races seemed to lose their shine rather quickly.

Can't believe they haven't tried Disneyland Paris. I haven't been to the Florida or California parks for comparison, but based on her vlogs, it would be a refreshing change. Plus, Jen attempting to pronounce French words is always fun. Some people just mumble them self-consciously. I love when Jen really goes for it. (Seriously.)

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

I didn't watch her Disney vlogs (I refuse to watch her in my Happy Place. The Tosh one is the only one I've actually seen!). BUT, that was right around her Epic Parking Lot Meltdown (aka Her Monumental Change in Perception) where she was really out of it. I suspect her mood down there had more to do with that than being over Disney.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Spankme wrote:Yellowdollroom - that's her. Thanks!
Noelle - thank you too!

I'm 5'1. I know for a fact petite sizes here in the US only go by height.
WHAT???!!! Where do ladies with a petite build buy their clothes? If I lived over there I'd have to make all my clothes!

I am looking forward to more book nooks from Jen just because I find them so confusing. I find she veers between sounding dumb to occasionally displaying some real insight. I never know which part is the real Jen.

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankme »

Loopy loo - they have petite sizes in shirts/dresses as well. So one can buy them anywhere carries petite sizes.

If your taller with a smaller frame, you just get an XS, Or small. Lol

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

Spankme - your display pic freaks me out. :lol: she looks like a bird or something there. :?

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankme »

Meow wrote:Spankme - your display pic freaks me out. :lol: she looks like a bird or something there. :?
lol. I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”