Gymbobs-nimbobs - Niomi Smart Part 5

lurkerxx
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gymbobs-nimbobs - Niomi Smart Part 5

Post by lurkerxx »

Yeah, Joe's advent calender is sweet. I actually like them, haha. But... who is with me that she didn't eat - or at least didn't finish - that vegan cupcake? :D :D She has such an unhealthy relationship with food, I'm surprised she can't see that. What Zoe lacks, Niomi has too much, lmao.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

What the heck. The number 4 of the advent calendar got me all kilig (Filipino word which I can't translate to English, sorry). Man, I want a Joe.

sporin
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sporin »

fashionfun wrote:I know this was probably talked about til we were all bored before, but does anyone have any idea or theories why her and Marcus broke up? Because I always thought after the breakup he seemed really awkward to talk about her. I noticed in his podcast with Alfie that he just looked and felt awkward talking about her and almost acts like she doesn't exist, like we don't know her? It's like, why not just reference the relationship that we all KNOW happened because we watched it?
I mostly only watch Niomi's vlogmas and her big life moment stuff (like the trip to Paris for Dior), so everything I say could be ill-informed. But it strikes me that she never talks about Marcus either? Even when they broke up, she never made an announcement video like he did, right? And I remember thinking her post-breakup moving house video was a bit odd because she conspicuously never said a word about him or the relationship in that.

I would bet both of them now think of it as old history which they made a clean break with, and that perhaps it would be disrespectful to their current partners to talk about old relationship stuff in a video now. As viewers of course we're curious, but whatever we might get out of it can't be worth the drama it could start for them.

That said, I was just watching an old video with N and M out of curiosity ("Who's Most Likely To"), and it's so much fun! Like, he burps in front of her, they talk about farts while laughing ... I mean it's a bit childish, yes, but it's real. Not something I think the super sophisticated Dior-sponsored dating-a-friend-of-a-royal Niomi would do these days. (Also, interestingly, her video description links to another video they did together on M's channel, but it's a dead link because apparently he's removed it.)

blissful
Informer
Informer

Post by blissful »

lurkerxx wrote:Yeah, Joe's advent calender is sweet. I actually like them, haha. But... who is with me that she didn't eat - or at least didn't finish - that vegan cupcake? :D :D She has such an unhealthy relationship with food, I'm surprised she can't see that. What Zoe lacks, Niomi has too much, lmao.
I want a Joe, aha.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't finish it. Vegan cupcakes are ridiculously sweet. I actually find most vegan desserts at those types of bakeries are just way too rich and over the top. I find you always need to share them with people.

rogrey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rogrey »

Who’s Daisy-May?

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

rogrey wrote:Who’s Daisy-May?
Her half sister

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

I didn't think Diasy May could get any cuter, but she is so much more animated/talkative this year. Making her interactions with Niomi the best.

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

Okay, am I the only one who didn't understand the point of her SparkJoy interview? It was like a 'How to function in a house 101' guide for aliens...

Post by Guest »

sororitygirl123 wrote:I didn't think Diasy May could get any cuter, but she is so much more animated/talkative this year. Making her interactions with Niomi the best.
I agree- she's such an adorable little girl. She doesn't really appear 'bratty' either, considering (from what we see). Maybe give it time lol

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

That is NOT how you marikondo your house. That woman didn't know shit. You have to bring aaaall your clothes in the same place. You need to sort everything in one go. Even the folding is wrong!
Niomi, just read the effing book like us normal people did.
(I want a Joe too!!! I swear if he doesn't propose to her on day 12 I'm gonna murder a vegan cookie!!)

Envoyé de mon SM-G570F en utilisant Tapatalk
:love2:

eastsidebabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eastsidebabe »

I was surprised that Niomi hadn't known of the Marie Kondo technique. It was all the rage here about four years ago. I thought the folding was correct. I did do a major cleanup based on the book and it was wonderful. Then I got back to my lazy ways, but haven't bought nearly the amount of clothing I used to buy. It made me conscious.

I wonder if people who teach the technique have to pay Kondo a royalty or something.

kmare91
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kmare91 »

I know this is kind of jumping the gun as she hasn't been proposed to yet, but probably will be. What kind of bride do we think she'll be? Do you think her dress tastes will be more modern or more Princess/Royalty looking ? And do you think she'll have a long engagement or will they get on to it as quick as possible also leaving time to properly plan?

I think it'll be fairly quick, if so. Like within a year. Hmmm..

Post by Guest »

^ Maybe an off-the-shoulder lace slinky sort of dress (without a veil)?

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

eastsidebabe wrote:I was surprised that Niomi hadn't known of the Marie Kondo technique. It was all the rage here about four years ago. I thought the folding was correct. I did do a major cleanup based on the book and it was wonderful. Then I got back to my lazy ways, but haven't bought nearly the amount of clothing I used to buy. It made me conscious.

I wonder if people who teach the technique have to pay Kondo a royalty or something.
I really don't know how she hadn't heard of it. I bought the book about 4 years ago and did it then and loads of people were talking about it then. I also slipped back into folding stuff how I wanted to but I definitely buy less stuff.

I think consultants pay a membership fee after taking classes and an exam.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

eastsidebabe wrote:I was surprised that Niomi hadn't known of the Marie Kondo technique. It was all the rage here about four years ago. I thought the folding was correct. I did do a major cleanup based on the book and it was wonderful. Then I got back to my lazy ways, but haven't bought nearly the amount of clothing I used to buy. It made me conscious.

We need to stop being surprised by Niomi's staggering ignorance on all levels. Hearing her talk about Frida Kahlo was painful. She seems to have very little interest in most things. In one of her recent vlogs she seemed at a loss how to spend the evening by herself, as if she didn't know what to do with herself in her free time. You would think the "bookworm" would always have a couple of books they're reading. Joe seems to enjoy cultural events but I don't recall Niomi ever going to a concert or exhibition before being with him, unless she was invited to the event by some sponsor. The bits of political or environmental knowledge she shows are always in relation to charities or events. The Smart Swap event was perfect practice for the role of the wife of an important well-to-do man she is probably going to be, lending her name and contacts to some cause. The idea of clothes swapping is, indeed, ancient and Niomi's version was a very posh one, spending lots of money on the presentation and making it an exclusive event for wealthy people (who are going to spend and consume lavishly, no matter what). I'm beginning to feel embarrassed about Niomi's blatant ignorance and shallowness. She never embodies what she preaches (even though she's not showing any advent calendars this year - Thanks for always reading here, Niomi!).

eastsidebabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eastsidebabe »

True, she didn't do advent calendars but she did those dreadful bath products. That really surprised me. I guess I'm naive.
The only YouTuber I've seen that reads any books at all is Anna. The rest go for the self help section when they want to plug Audible or whatever else they are hawking. They don't seem to be aware that actual books of merit exist. Lily even said one day that she loves movies, not books (are they mutually exclusive?) and Anna loves books. Some day in the future, maybe it's already here, people will think of Jane Eyre only as a film. Its one of the reasons they can publish drivel they "wrote" themselves and not even be embarrassed. They don't know what a real book is.

Post by Guest »

^ I know this isn't her thread but if you're referring to The Anna Edit, I don't get the impression she's that much of a bookworm; from what I've seen she only seems to be into autobiographies that are 'trendy' at any given moment...Maybe I'm a book snob 8-)

serena vanderwoodsen
Learner
Learner

Post by serena vanderwoodsen »

kmare91 wrote:
ludirudi wrote:After talking about sending footage to her editor (I can't believe she has someone else edit her vlogs?), she talks about how she never has time to get mani/pedi or stuff like that. What exactly is she doing that is keeping her so busy?

She barely vlogs or films a video, she has an editor who does them anyway, she goes to food meetings sometimes, she clicks through a few emails a day probably.

:roll:
I thought this same thing and it struck me as odd. Yeah she's doing things, but she still piddles about and has just as much time to fit in those things as anything else.

And re people thinking her life is perfect, I can say that imo her life seems as close to it as you can get, but I know she must still have challenges that she doesn't talk about or maybe hasn't even been able to acknowledge in her conscious mind, but they're there. I know that if Joe proposes it'd just be the perfect cherry on top of her already wealthy, healthy and otherwise charmed life, but marriage is hard work, so.. that'll present it's own stuff.

Until now, I had to take a break from watching her honestly because it was getting to be a little too hard for me personally to watch someone I just have nothing at all in common with. I've got health problems, I'm in the money struggle like most of the country ( friends, relatives etc), can't travel anywhere really right now so seeing her just reach out and grab it all is hard. But I do have to give her kudos for the fact that Smart Swap is a well intentioned idea showing that she thinks of ways to help others and spread kindness, and though we know she's wealthy, she's never dangled it in anyone's face like many other YTers.
I totally get what you said about watching her videos. I think her vlogmas is nice and festive but sometimes her life seems so perfect you start feeling bad about your own.
* English is not my first language *

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

kmare91 wrote:I know this is kind of jumping the gun as she hasn't been proposed to yet, but probably will be. What kind of bride do we think she'll be? Do you think her dress tastes will be more modern or more Princess/Royalty looking ? And do you think she'll have a long engagement or will they get on to it as quick as possible also leaving time to properly plan?

She's a big Audrey Hepburn fan, so I imagine her taste leans toward traditional and classic. Maybe lace or tulle, simple but elegant. I could picture her doing something with a high neck.

serena vanderwoodsen
Learner
Learner

Post by serena vanderwoodsen »

mg95 wrote:
kmare91 wrote:I know this is kind of jumping the gun as she hasn't been proposed to yet, but probably will be. What kind of bride do we think she'll be? Do you think her dress tastes will be more modern or more Princess/Royalty looking ? And do you think she'll have a long engagement or will they get on to it as quick as possible also leaving time to properly plan?

She's a big Audrey Hepburn fan, so I imagine her taste leans toward traditional and classic. Maybe lace or tulle, simple but elegant. I could picture her doing something with a high neck.
Or maybe something similar to Meghan´s dress? Definitely very elegant.
* English is not my first language *

Return to “Niomi Smart”