Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kalyn Nicholson (Part 2)

Post by nevermore »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 am
Girl you are 26. Is this your retirement? Already? I just... I don't get it. If I'm missing something, enlighten me.

Granted I already get annoyed at "wake up early tutorials" and "morning routine" videos easy in general... as an immigrant I took the jobs I could get and there was no time for me to act like I needed to be taught how to wake up when my alarm goes off. It just seems... so sheltered. I just don't understand the point of being a tree falling in a forest where nobody hears it just to film it so people do hear it, I... who was this for?
:rofl: :rofl: "is this your retirement" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I just can't. That was soo perfect! :rofl: :rofl:

This is also something that annoys me (along with people who put 'wake up', and 'make coffee' in their planners. :? ), I get that it is HER morning routine. And that is fine (total bull$hit, but fine) but you have to make it a little bit interesting or relatable.

I work full time (I am a lucky one, I love my job. I HATE working from home) and 99% of the 'morning/night routines' are just ridiculous for MOST people. This is why I prefer to watch people who have full time/ part time jobs as well as they always seem to be more interesting, and have some drive. These wafty-pickoutmytarotcard-readallmorningwhileIdrinkcoffee types are just so damn dull lately.

Sadly, I think this will only get worse with her being so far from everything.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

nevermore wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:24 pm
DaylightAmy wrote:
Girl you are 26. Is this your retirement? Already? I just... I don't get it. If I'm missing something, enlighten me.

Granted I already get annoyed at "wake up early tutorials" and "morning routine" videos easy in general... as an immigrant I took the jobs I could get and there was no time for me to act like I needed to be taught how to wake up when my alarm goes off. It just seems... so sheltered. I just don't understand the point of being a tree falling in a forest where nobody hears it just to film it so people do hear it, I... who was this for?
:rofl: :rofl: "is this your retirement" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I just can't. That was soo perfect! :rofl: :rofl:

This is also something that annoys me (along with people who put 'wake up', and 'make coffee' in their planners. :? ), I get that it is HER morning routine. And that is fine (total bull$hit, but fine) but you have to make it a little bit interesting or relatable.

I work full time (I am a lucky one, I love my job. I HATE working from home) and 99% of the 'morning/night routines' are just ridiculous for MOST people. This is why I prefer to watch people who have full time/ part time jobs as well as they always seem to be more interesting, and have some drive. These wafty-pickoutmytarotcard-readallmorningwhileIdrinkcoffee types are just so damn dull lately.

Same here - I LOVE my job, and I'm so glad to be back at work. I think that is part of the Lifestyle YouTuber Crisis as well - purpose. I spend 12 hours a day on work (getting there, being there, getting home) and my work fills me with a sense of accomplishment and purpose. Which means my morning routine can be:
3:30 AM Alarm goes off
4:00 AM after half an hour of hitting snooze I inhale an instant coffee
4:10 AM wash my face, put on clothes, do some hair stuff
4:30 AM get in the car and GO

Because my 'morning routine' isn't the thing that I need to create a sense of fulfilment or progress in my day... that's what happens in the 12 hours after my morning routine. Or if it's a shitty day at work, it happens when I spend time on my loved ones or hobbies when I get home. I'm not saying everyone who has a slow, mindful morning routine has no other source of fulfilment (for stay at home mums I can see a huge benefit in waking up before the kids for reading and yoga) but I'm saying... people who have other stuff going on I think don't tend to need constantly carefully recrafted daily routines that look like they were made to be shown to others.

I am really actually getting a bit worried about her living alone in the country, though. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I live in the country and I know from experience it's all beautiful and peaceful until it's not. This morning routine video made her look incredibly isolated. I just have to wonder if she's trying to get away from something if she needs this much deafening silence around herself to feel like she has enough space to create peace. I hope she has a friend move in or even move nearby at some point, not just her sister and a Starbucks.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Kieranka
Learner
Learner

Post by Kieranka »

Not gonna lie, I would be scared to live in such a remote house with so many doors and windows. It also seems to me that it won't be her final destination. While a huge place for me, it looks small for her and the lack of wardrobe makes me think (like others have mentioned in this topic months ago) that it wasn't her first choice.

I stopped following Kalyn some time ago because something she said pissed me off personally. Still, I am curious as to how she will adopt to the new place. It's nice she's closer to her family but at the same time she's so far away from her peers. Hope she won't feel too lonely - or rather sort of fall into the being all alone all the time routine. What would be good for her is to join some local group like volunteering at the animal shelter, that would force her to get out of the house a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I am a very introverted person myself. The pandemic made me realize though that keeping contact with others is very important. And the contact with followers is not a relationship based on equality.

nevermore
Informer
Informer

Post by nevermore »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:13 am
nevermore wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:24 pm
DaylightAmy wrote:

Same here - I LOVE my job, and I'm so glad to be back at work. I think that is part of the Lifestyle YouTuber Crisis as well - purpose. I spend 12 hours a day on work (getting there, being there, getting home) and my work fills me with a sense of accomplishment and purpose. Which means my morning routine can be:
3:30 AM Alarm goes off
4:00 AM after half an hour of hitting snooze I inhale an instant coffee
4:10 AM wash my face, put on clothes, do some hair stuff
4:30 AM get in the car and GO

Because my 'morning routine' isn't the thing that I need to create a sense of fulfilment or progress in my day... that's what happens in the 12 hours after my morning routine. Or if it's a shitty day at work, it happens when I spend time on my loved ones or hobbies when I get home. I'm not saying everyone who has a slow, mindful morning routine has no other source of fulfilment (for stay at home mums I can see a huge benefit in waking up before the kids for reading and yoga) but I'm saying... people who have other stuff going on I think don't tend to need constantly carefully recrafted daily routines that look like they were made to be shown to others.

I am really actually getting a bit worried about her living alone in the country, though. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I live in the country and I know from experience it's all beautiful and peaceful until it's not. This morning routine video made her look incredibly isolated. I just have to wonder if she's trying to get away from something if she needs this much deafening silence around herself to feel like she has enough space to create peace. I hope she has a friend move in or even move nearby at some point, not just her sister and a Starbucks.
I inhale an instant coffee
:rofl: Same! oohhh same!! haha

I agree on all accounts.

I can definitely see it being important to some and thats why I said it is her deal and thats cool (however do I believe her or any youtuber when they show their routines? No. They make it as aesthetic as possible. Which is fine. Its just so over the top that it becomes DULL.)

I can see that all the youtubers I follow (not many to be honest and the ones I do I have been following for a long time) are running out of ideas and motivation to make videos. There are only so many routines, what I eat in a day, how I manifest happiness, videos you can make. I have started unsubbing from a lot again and watch people with business' vs the 'lifestyle' youtubers. Far more interesting.

nevermore
Informer
Informer

Post by nevermore »

Not gonna lie, I would be scared to live in such a remote house with so many doors and windows.
YES! This exactly. Especially on a big block of land.... granted I listen to waay too many crime podcasts. :rofl:

nursekatie
Learner
Learner

Post by nursekatie »

adorkable wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 am
AmandaLauraxo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am

Can you please send the link I wanna see the outside of the house!
I think that is against the rules. But I found it very easily by looking at sold homes in the area she bought in. The house is described as an A-frame and the front of the house is the room with the big windows. The door she goes in during the tour and the weird little side area is a little further back that that main A-frame, high-ceiling space. The outside is white and the (brown-ish) garage looks like it is detached.

I suspect she'll show the outside of the house in coming vlogs as its not super visible from the road so it wouldn't reveal her address (as there is a decently long driveway)
Also wondering if you could say the general area? I also lire in Ottawa and wondering if were close or not but I have a feeling she may be out the west end and I’m in the east.

adorkable
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by adorkable »

nursekatie wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:21 pm
Also wondering if you could say the general area? I also lire in Ottawa and wondering if were close or not but I have a feeling she may be out the west end and I’m in the east.
I sent you a dm as I'm not sure if posting that is allowed still (as she hasn't disclosed the area herself).

She did briefly show the outside of the house in her recent video for whoever wanted to see that earlier.

I wonder if she's going to stop Youtube or fully pivot toward the Koze brand/podcasting. Her recent videos have been mentioning shifts in her career and she's been pretty quiet on her main channel and even on Insta recently.

pokegeorgia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pokegeorgia »

I haven't watched it yet, but...did she really post a video about embracing one's period? Like, I'm sure (or at least I hope) she mentions how periods help vaginal health and are good indicators of hormonal imbalances or UTIs, but a whole 30+ minute video for it? I'm sure it's filled with stuff about the moon cycle too... Anyway, I stopped listening to her podcasts over a year ago becuase she was desperately just repeating the same stuff over and over. I don't understand why she pushes the podcasts so much, she barely misses an upload, yet her main channel stays inactive for weeks...!

tayarkenny
Stalker
Stalker

Post by tayarkenny »

AmandaLauraxo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am
adorkable wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:17 am
The house is beautiful and on a great piece of land in a great area, it's not too remote although it is a rural property (~10 minutes to a shopping centre). I found the listing and it went for $635K, 2.6 acres and originally built in 2014. Seems like the going rate for a house like that in the area so I'm really happy for her and can't wait to see it furnished!

Can you please dm the link to me too!

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

pokegeorgia wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:27 pm
I haven't watched it yet, but...did she really post a video about embracing one's period? Like, I'm sure (or at least I hope) she mentions how periods help vaginal health and are good indicators of hormonal imbalances or UTIs, but a whole 30+ minute video for it? I'm sure it's filled with stuff about the moon cycle too... Anyway, I stopped listening to her podcasts over a year ago becuase she was desperately just repeating the same stuff over and over. I don't understand why she pushes the podcasts so much, she barely misses an upload, yet her main channel stays inactive for weeks...!

Oh boy, there she goes again :roll: and I was so hopeful she'd eased up on exactly this shit.

Can we please. Leave. Medical. Related. Advice. To. Experts.

"Having periods" is nowhere near a uniform experience. Some people have them, some don't. Some are like clockworks, others are irregular for life. Some people's periods are 3 days, others are 3 weeks. Some are heavy and some are light. Some people have symptoms, others don't. There is no uniform approach to periods. Can we stop pretending all our experiences are identical. Then on top of that there's birth control playing into each unique individual too. Can we stop acting like we all need to be the same to bond. Especially through pseudo-science. Once again Kalyn your dabbling in neo-Paganism does not give you the license to educate on health issues. Once again.

I've always had LONG, HEAVY and irregular periods and NO PMS symptoms whatsoever. I'm certainly sick of a culture that tells me I'm cranky like clockwork and I should be able to tell if I'm pregnant based on whether I'm late. I'm sure that applies to lots of women, but not to all. Periods are not a one size fits all and they are certainly not a religious instrument whether you are Christian or Pagan I don't want to hear it. It's my body. Stop patronizing my understanding of my own body. Thanks.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

soulinaearthsuit
Informer
Informer

Post by soulinaearthsuit »

So does she only post like once a month now? What else could she possibly have to do? How does she sustain her lifestyle or pay the bills?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoMermaid81
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DiscoMermaid81 »

She posted on her Instagram she took time offline, to give herself space, grieve the loss of her former versions & recharge from a deep burnout & this year was hard & cracked her heart wide open. She’s grateful to be alive , learning & growing. Seems she’s in her own head a lot. So many people had a worse year

AuntieEm77
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AuntieEm77 »

Many have wondered with her recent inactivity how she’s sustaining her lifestyle. She posted a yoga routine on IGTV. In reply to comments she stated she’s going to roll out a membership type of arrangement for the Koze channel. Looks to be something like Patreon with tier levels. So it looks like she may soon be charging fees to see her content. Or at least some of it. I noticed she already removed a lot of old videos from her main channel. I wonder if she’ll leave anything up or charge to see classic content also?

soulinaearthsuit
Informer
Informer

Post by soulinaearthsuit »

In her new post about her bday there was a guy with her! New bf?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adorkable
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by adorkable »

AuntieEm77 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:02 am
Many have wondered with her recent inactivity how she’s sustaining her lifestyle. She posted a yoga routine on IGTV. In reply to comments she stated she’s going to roll out a membership type of arrangement for the Koze channel. Looks to be something like Patreon with tier levels. So it looks like she may soon be charging fees to see her content. Or at least some of it. I noticed she already removed a lot of old videos from her main channel. I wonder if she’ll leave anything up or charge to see classic content also?
If she moves most of her content (which is already limited as of recent), she'll lose a lot of followers - but I guess the ones that opt to pay for her content directly will make it worth it. I like Kalyn, she goes through phases that aren't my thing but overall I think she's fine and I like to casually watch (some of) her videos but I would not spend money to watch her b-roll. That said, I know other Youtubers with fewer subscribers and even lower video-views who have been able to sustain them selves through Patreon-style endeavors.

I was honestly expecting her to transition into teaching yoga at a local studio or into a non-content-creator-influencer job of some sort. I was looking forward to something like that. But whatever works for her!
soulinaearthsuit wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:42 am
In her new post about her bday there was a guy with her! New bf?!
I saw that too! Definitely purposeful that she added that little clip in. I hope she doesn't change who she is for him.

emlee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by emlee »

In her coffee talk called "Let's talk about love, heartbreaks, and soulmates" At the 44:27 mark she does say "When I was single." I replayed it a couple of times because I thought I heard wrong but maybe she does have someone? A couple of people commented on her video asking about it but she never responded.

AuntieEm77
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AuntieEm77 »

I agree it seems she want to change her career, transitioning away from an influencer & personal vlogs & do yoga classes & tutorials via a paid source & make her living that way. It’s almost as if Yoga is a cult for her. Ever since she became obsessed with it it seems to have become her world. Whatever works for her. I like her also but won’t pay to see her content. Personally yoga bores me but God bless

nursegirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nursegirl123 »

you would be surprised how much these you tubers make. it's sickening. Im sure she has no problems keeping up with her lifestyle.Theres one girl I watch that paints furniture and just from youtube she made abut $7,000 in one month and she only has about 30,000 subscribers averaging about 25,000 views on a video so you can imagine what Kalyn makes. especially when people still are watching her older content. Plus all her koze stuff, podcast, etc...it's crazy.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

She mentions in her latest video (which is partially kinda nice to watch - watching her garden is cool I guess) that she enjoys coaching people and giving them advice and alludes to that she wants that to be her brand... I really don't get where she gets the idea that she should be doing that. It's okay to not have all the answers, or even to not have most answers - that's most of us... there are a select few people with special levels of insight and experience that are suitable to coach others. I wouldn't say Kalyn's insight and wisdom is what makes her stand out... I really don't get why she thinks that's something she needs to do.

lavenderroses
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lavenderroses »

Long time lurker, felt like I finally had to post after seeing her video today.

At first, I'm watching and thinking ok yeah fair let's have open discussion about things. But then she posts links to anti-vax doctors in the read more bar. I'm just appalled. She then has the gall to try to defend it and say "I encourage you to not just look at mainstream sources" and tries to say the doctors are not anti-vax. If 90 percent of the comments below the doctors videos are anti-vax then safe to say they are honey.

Anyway, I know this thread is sort of dead but thought I would come on here and vent.

Return to “Kalyn Nicholson”