Gemsmaquillage

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gemsmaquillage

Post by Alka »

Gemma has been around for so many years and all these new girls keep overtaking her in popularity, views, sub numbers... i'm really surprised she's not getting more subs and attention. I do agree about her not sticking to anything really, how many times did she try 'eating healthy'? She even read the Wheat Belly. Anyone who read that books will never touch gluten with a 6 feet pole, but she lasted only a few weeks. Wonder what happened?

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

I actually appreciated the cowboy builders bitching, you see it on the teli and never think it'd happen to you.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Alka wrote:Gemma has been around for so many years and all these new girls keep overtaking her in popularity, views, sub numbers... i'm really surprised she's not getting more subs and attention. I do agree about her not sticking to anything really, how many times did she try 'eating healthy'? She even read the Wheat Belly. Anyone who read that books will never touch gluten with a 6 feet pole, but she lasted only a few weeks. Wonder what happened?
I remember lots of promotion of chobani. An American yoghurt which is no longer allowed to call itself "Greek yoghurt", and given the controversies surrounding the FDA and self regulation of businesses why anyone would opt for such junk when they at least have access to E.U certified food is beyond me.

tellmeitsfancy
Talker
Talker

Post by tellmeitsfancy »

I remember watching her back in 2010 when Laura/Lollipop26 was on YT and gave her a shout out. I feel like she tapped into the lifestyle (over just plain beauty guru) genre early on to broaden sponsorships. She was offered a trip to Contiki a few years back. She took it. I was excited about her vlog/blogpost bc I was interested in a Contiki trip. It never happened. A very close family member passed away at the time and it hit her hard so I understood that she took time off. I don't think I ever saw that blog/vlog ever. After that I gave up on her.

It's interesting seeing how soo many YT peoples have gotten this same opportunity and followed through with Contiki 3 years later.

Does she still have her "House to Home" series? Or did she fail at that too?

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

^ I think the house is just a disaster zone.

azealia
Informer
Informer

Post by azealia »

She just posted this picture on her blog and I had to post it here. She looks ill.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Yeah, I just watched her latest video that picture is taken from, and was really surprised at how she looked. I honestly thought she was looking great for a short while, but she seems to have reverted to the heavy side part that doesn't suit her so much, and paler make-up. I think the middle part and brighter lip colours suit her so much more?
I'd love to see her do more with her hair. I think she'd look great with it tied back of her face in different ways. Bringing it all round to hang down either side of her face all the time like that really drains her I think.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Why does she always pull her mouth to the side like that? Looks odd

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

There seems to be a trend for over exposed photos I guess.

I feel like in every image, Gemma looks so forced and posed. The same head tilt, hand up to the face etc rather than showing herself as someone a bit more confident in their own skin. Like others I had been watching her for years, but the flakiness over all the different projects turned me off as a viewer, and I don't care for the same PR sample being gushed about like in hundreds of other vids and blogs.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

tellmeitsfancy

ITA, I remember so looking forward to her promised Contiki vlogs, and her House to Home series. She promises and then drops things, like the "You Tube Book Club" lol. She could have even done a Gran Canaria video travel series. Or vlogged her trip to Rome or recent (free/sponsored) cruise. And the one room that did come out great was the kitchen, she could have done lots of cooking videos.

Just lots of opportunities missed. I haven't watched a video of hers in months

azealia
Informer
Informer

Post by azealia »

How does this girl actually afford to only have her YouTube channel as her income? She barely posts videos, she has like 80k subs yet her boyfriend works in a bookshop last I heard and they are doing a 10 thousand pound renovation on their house ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azealia
Informer
Informer

Post by azealia »

How does this girl actually afford to only have her YouTube channel as her income? She barely posts videos, she has like 80k subs yet her boyfriend works in a bookshop last I heard and they are doing a 10 thousand pound renovation on their house ????

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

tellmeitsfancy wrote:I remember watching her back in 2010 when Laura/Lollipop26 was on YT and gave her a shout out. I feel like she tapped into the lifestyle (over just plain beauty guru) genre early on to broaden sponsorships. She was offered a trip to Contiki a few years back. She took it. I was excited about her vlog/blogpost bc I was interested in a Contiki trip. It never happened. A very close family member passed away at the time and it hit her hard so I understood that she took time off. I don't think I ever saw that blog/vlog ever. After that I gave up on her.

It's interesting seeing how soo many YT peoples have gotten this same opportunity and followed through with Contiki 3 years later.

Does she still have her "House to Home" series? Or did she fail at that too?
Exactly when I remember subscribing to her as well, but quickly got super bored for her, the girl is soo so dull, seems like she hasn't changed.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I have to say that I think she gorgeous in her latest video. :D I mentioned upthread that I'd love to see her with all that hair tied back, and a brighter lip colour, and she's done it. She just looks much more awake and fresh looking. The top really suits her as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNHXcMIRt8

dontmindme
Informer
Informer

Post by dontmindme »

azealia wrote:How does this girl actually afford to only have her YouTube channel as her income? She barely posts videos, she has like 80k subs yet her boyfriend works in a bookshop last I heard and they are doing a 10 thousand pound renovation on their house ????

I would love to know this.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

azealia wrote:How does this girl actually afford to only have her YouTube channel as her income? She barely posts videos, she has like 80k subs yet her boyfriend works in a bookshop last I heard and they are doing a 10 thousand pound renovation on their house ????

She's an only child. She's spoken about how her parents had fertility problems, she was like their miracle child? I bet that if they're not giving Gemma a regular income, they at least gave her a lump sum after they sold their house.

She clearly isn't into YouTube anymore, she should just got for a job in PR and be done with it. That advice about how to avoid 'ceek feece' in her new video - surely everyone knows that?

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

ITA, her parents must have given her a lump sum when they sold their house. And Matt may have inherited £££ when his stepfather passed.

I still can't figure out how she occupies her time though.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

she has other jobs outside youtube like PR, writing freelance articles for beauty magazines and websites... argh i'm, giving up on Gemma too, she could have done so much more with her life and her health. It's a constant promise she'll eat better and will do a PCOS video, she even read The Wheat Belly, which I was super excited about, but hey in one ear out the other and she's back on the shitty food. It's the same story with her channel... excuses excuses

TheGirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheGirl »

Hi, I just joined so I hope it's ok to just jump in.

I was wondering what you think about the 'In defense of makeup video?

I agreed with her for a large portion of the video but the part at the beginning where she states that youtubers are't part of the marketing machine seemed rather naive to me, especially her 'I think my subscribers are smarter than that' comment, marketing is a complex thing they have teams of psychologists and experts that know exactly how to use our brains against us, it's NOTHING to do with intelligence, so the idea that anyone influenced by marketing or YouTubers aren't 'smart' enough isn't just insulting it's extremely ignorant.

I think Gemma is an intelligent woman and the idea that she doesn't know the impact YouTubers have on their viewers strikes me as more than a little disingenuous. :|

ThisFuckingNunu.
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ThisFuckingNunu. »

Her Weekly Vlog #4 makes me miss The Lakes so fucking much. :(

x

Return to “Hello Gemma”