Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Acacia Kersey: Botched Teats and Racist Tweets

Post by Diagonally »

Briar wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 pm
Love how she twisted her saying that she would never trust a male surgeon to do her boobs into “it’s my right to have a preference.” Yeah, but it doesn’t change that it’s a sexist & uneducated one. Also love how she had to mention her support of black women when no one asked. She says “not all male doctors” yet she refuses to even open herself to the possibility of having a male doctor. Not because she’s uncomfortable with men, but because she doesn’t think men understand her body & will respect her decisions as much as a female would. I want to see receipts. I want evidence. Link some scientific research on her story that agree with anything she’s said. Right now she’s just saying things like they’re facts with absolutely no proof. Spreading misinformation as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saying the high mortality rate is not directly correlated to male doctors, just more likely... if there's no correlation then how do you know it's more likely? Where are your damn sources Acacia?
Can't just go online and present your feelings to thousands of impressionable young people as though they are facts.

I wish she would stop acting as though she is an expert on every topic she discusses.

Badwulf
Informer
Informer

Post by Badwulf »

It seems like we're having trouble deciding so I made a poll.There's a lot of options because I didn't want to leave anybody out T_T.

oshaughnessykipp
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by oshaughnessykipp »

1.) according to her video, Rosie was placed on her chest immediately after giving birth. so acting like she didn't see or hold her at all is a fucking lie
2.) of course they're going to take a 3lb newborn with brain and heart abnormalities for testing. would she rather they hadn't?!

what's so "traumatic" for her is that she's still in denial about her baby's medical conditions, it's not the doctor or the hospital's fault. she can't shit on them for doing their job and trying their best to help Rosie thrive. she's such an ungrateful bitch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Badwulf
Informer
Informer

Post by Badwulf »

I meant to point out a few days ago that she started following a page for home birth (and a bunch of self help & spiritual pages). I kinda pushed it to the side because I figured she couldn't handle a home birth.

(I ended up following a few of the pages too lol)

yungchi
Informer
Informer

Post by yungchi »

oshaughnessykipp wrote:1.) according to her video, Rosie was placed on her chest immediately after giving birth. so acting like she didn't see or hold her at all is a fucking lie
2.) of course they're going to take a 3lb newborn with brain and heart abnormalities for testing. would she rather they hadn't?!

what's so "traumatic" for her is that she's still in denial about her baby's medical conditions, it's not the doctor or the hospital's fault. she can't shit on them for doing their job and trying their best to help Rosie thrive. she's such an ungrateful bitch.
Wow... how narcissistic must you be to not realise this? The doctors probably saved Rosie’s life and all Acacia can think about is herself. Would she rather have kept a 3lb baby who was probably struggling to breath in her arms for hours?

She’s had almost 2 years to reflect on Rosie’s birth and she’s still on her ‘first breath’ reaction of “I can’t believe those horrible doctors did that to me, I hate hospitals”. Image

ohheygracieo
Debater
Debater

Post by ohheygracieo »

yungchi wrote:
oshaughnessykipp wrote:1.) according to her video, Rosie was placed on her chest immediately after giving birth. so acting like she didn't see or hold her at all is a fucking lie

Wow... how narcissistic must you be to not realise this? The doctors probably saved Rosie’s life and all Acacia can think about is herself. Would she rather have kept a 3lb baby who was probably struggling to breath in her arms for hours?

She’s had almost 2 years to reflect on Rosie’s birth and she’s still on her ‘first breath’ reaction of “I can’t believe those horrible doctors did that to me, I hate hospitals”. Image
she’s such a narcissist it’s disgusting. personally, if i had a birth as traumatic as rosie’s then i would 100% be going back to the hospital for my next baby. I’ve never had a home birth but i think that there’s so much risk and i would never want to put MY COMFORT over my child’s life (no offense to anyone who’s had a home birth)

Cirrilixx
Talker
Talker

Post by Cirrilixx »

ohheygracieo wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:34 am
yungchi wrote:

she’s such a narcissist it’s disgusting. personally, if i had a birth as traumatic as rosie’s then i would 100% be going back to the hospital for my next baby. I’ve never had a home birth but i think that there’s so much risk and i would never want to put MY COMFORT over my child’s life (no offense to anyone who’s had a home birth)

Trigger warning: stillbirth.
A lot of the "hollistic mamas" who do home births care more about "their birth experience" and they will go through with it even if it's dangerous to the baby. Also I think the Freebirth society account that Acacia followed is one of those encouraging mothers to do homebirths with twins or with babies being in the wrong position or with mothers having conditions that put them and the baby at risk. Some of these babies were stillborn because of home births.
I don't know if Acacia is one of those people, but I'm hoping she will take all the necessary precautions and that if she chooses to go through with the home birth that her and the baby are 100% healthy and that it's safe for them and that she'll have a licensed professional with her. I also hope she won't bring Brinley into this because in my opinion it's really weird to have a child present during birth. I've seen some pictures of children Brinley's age swimming in the birthing pool with like goggles and stuff while the mum is giving birth right next to them.

VelvetTeddy
Informer
Informer

Post by VelvetTeddy »

yungchi wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:54 am

" The "daddy stitch" is the biggest fallacy out there. I say this because you can’t put in a daddy stitch without a defined area that’s going to be linear down the vagina in a midline in order to tighten the vagina. So, just on that basis, nobody gets an extra stitch just to make you tighter. Second of all, you would never do a vaginal tightening procedure during delivery because the patient has been in labor for so long. They’ve been pushing, they’re really swollen, and their tissue is swollen. Everything is really unorganized and discordant, so it’s definitely not any time to do any cosmetics or plastic reconstruction. Besides that, there’s a lot of blood involved during delivery and it’s very hard to see. You have to work pretty fast because you’re repairing the tears, delivering the placenta, etc.

You would need way more than one stitch in order to do an effective job in repairing pelvic floor muscles and making somebody tight, so I think the "father stitch" started as a fun, "Hey dad, do you want me to put an extra stitch" sort of joke, and over the years it has kind of taken on a life of its own. I do not know anyone who has performed a "daddy stitch."

But, don't get me wrong, if someone didn't do a proper job of fixing or repairing what tore, it could cause painful intercourse afterwards. But it's not that they intentionally made it too tight, I think it's more erroneous on the part of the repair itself as opposed to it being a "daddy stitch." "

I found a lot of articles essentially saying the same thing. I also gave birth recently and knew about it as the honeymoon stitch but literally all my doctors said it was an outdated myth. I feel like Acacia does bare minimum research then acts like she knows everything about the topic. I don't think Acacia realized Rosie had to be taken away to make sure her stats were okay given that it was not a 'normal textbook' birth it was for Rosie's own good and Acacia did get skin to skin with Rosie.

Briar
Talker
Talker

Post by Briar »

Acacia, you don’t know what it’s actually like. When Rosie was born they put her right on your chest. You got to take her home right away. After all that & you’re still a shit mother. As soon as my son came out they took him to the other side of the room for breathing tubes & his father stayed with him while my mom went to take iPhone pictures of him so I could see him. Then they wheeled him away to the NICU & wouldn’t let me off of IVs/bedrest for 3 days. I didn’t get to hold him for 3 fucking days & then he didn’t come home for 3 weeks.

& yet I have the insight to know that it was the health care professionals doing what was best for me & my child. I would never birth from home now because I’d be scared something would be wrong again & I’d have no one there to save my baby. You’d think she’d also be traumatized about something going wrong again. But of course, it’s all about Acacia getting to have her perfect mommy experience, not about the health of the child. Also, as someone who actually had a horrible birth, her claiming to not bond as much with Rosie because of that is bullshit. She just doesn’t like that Rosie is different. That’s all it is. Brinley is what she views as perfect so she gives her more attention. Because Acacia is a bad person at the core.

ebony_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ebony_ »

Honestly, I know this is controversial but any home birth frankly scares the crap out of me.

My coworker and friend recently had a baby and aside from the gestational diabetes she was fine, however induced at 38.5 weeks.

She didn’t want an epidural. She had gas but no epidural. She never dilated past 9.5 but she had to push (due to contractions). They thought she may be ok but the baby started showing concerning signs. They needed her to stop pushing but she couldn’t. They gave her an epidural to stop her pushing but somehow she still knew to push so they had to rush her to surgery because the babies heart rate wasn’t good. I can’t help but think what could have happened to her if she was at home. She was fine pain wise but they had to rush her to surgery which isn’t possible at home.

I completely understand the idea behind home birthing but the fact Acacia would be looking into this after how unhealthy Rosie was at the beginning shocks me. Maybe it’s completely fine but she knows what could go wrong as well. I pray for her sake that this baby is healthy when born but if I had given birth to Rosie there is no way I would have any other baby outside of a hospital.

Those doctors absolutely saved Rosie’s life, she had to be in NICU for a bit, that’s not something you can have at home as soon as you give birth. Obviously Rosie’s birth was high risk due to the knowledge of her health problems so she would never have been able to have her at home. I’m just blown away by her attitude towards the doctors. Yes, Rosie was taken away from you but if she wasn’t she would probably be dead. That’s the nicest way I can put it. I’m 100% sure doctors don’t want to take babies from their mothers straight away but they also have a duty of care to literally save your babies life? Are you that dense? They aren’t taking her away for fun. Yes it might have been traumatic to have you baby whisked away as soon as you had her, but at least you have a baby to bring home. I understand the bonding problems this may have caused, but you have a baby. A precious, beautiful little girl who is most likely still alive because of doctors. Surely she can understand that it may have been traumatic but absolutely necessary?

sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I have a sleep disorder and my brain is often that scattered that I don't pick up on the problems!

Manybananas
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Manybananas »

Briar wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:41 am
Acacia, you don’t know what it’s actually like. When Rosie was born they put her right on your chest. You got to take her home right away. After all that & you’re still a shit mother. As soon as my son came out they took him to the other side of the room for breathing tubes & his father stayed with him while my mom went to take iPhone pictures of him so I could see him. Then they wheeled him away to the NICU & wouldn’t let me off of IVs/bedrest for 3 days. I didn’t get to hold him for 3 fucking days & then he didn’t come home for 3 weeks.

& yet I have the insight to know that it was the health care professionals doing what was best for me & my child. I would never birth from home now because I’d be scared something would be wrong again & I’d have no one there to save my baby. You’d think she’d also be traumatized about something going wrong again. But of course, it’s all about Acacia getting to have her perfect mommy experience, not about the health of the child. Also, as someone who actually had a horrible birth, her claiming to not bond as much with Rosie because of that is bullshit. She just doesn’t like that Rosie is different. That’s all it is. Brinley is what she views as perfect so she gives her more attention. Because Acacia is a bad person at the core.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.
I'm not trying to stand up for Acacia, because she's definitely lying about them taking rosie right away. She did get to hold her first video proof of that, but Rosie was a NICU baby and was there for at least a few days.
Some say our national pastime is baseball. Not me. It's gossip.
-E.Bombeck

Buttersforever
Learner
Learner

Post by Buttersforever »

oshaughnessykipp wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:03 pm
1.) according to her video, Rosie was placed on her chest immediately after giving birth. so acting like she didn't see or hold her at all is a fucking lie

It’s almost like she could have said she wanted a home birth and left it at that, you don’t have to be special uwu life’s so hard for me (it clearly isn’t hard, she is ROTTEN to the core though)

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by notnot »

Manybananas wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:46 am
Briar wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:41 am

I'm sorry you had to go through that.
I'm not trying to stand up for Acacia, because she's definitely lying about them taking rosie right away. She did get to hold her first video proof of that, but Rosie was a NICU baby and was there for at least a few days.
I think it was 2 weeks?

The husband stitch...I doubt it is something she needs to worry about nowadays.

Also, she tries to use strawman argument and I guess it works for some people? Nobody who was concerned about her saying she suggests male doctors because they cannot possibly understand the female body has suggested that there are not bad male doctors. Or that they might not be some bias. However, she clearly thinks none of them can ever understand her body, ever. And then she also recommends other people do so too based on what she thinks (a man cannot understand). I have had experience with both shitty female and male doctors when it came to my body. If anything, how good they are will often be a reflection of how good they were at school and at which school they studied. The only recommendation that is valid in these cases is to be alert and see how your doctor listens to you and your concerns and you should also educate yourself on what are standard procedures, what are symptoms of some common illnesses etc., ...simply said, do your own research. But she suggests to basically skip all that and go with male doctors. Even if she feels like that she should never put this out in public because she is (should be) adult enough to recognize personal biases.

VelvetTeddy
Informer
Informer

Post by VelvetTeddy »

I am actually kind of worried for Acacia she always has to be the best, smartest, most informed, always right person in the room metaphorically speaking. I have a feeling if her doctor pushes for a hospital delivery because there could be complications she will say no and stick with a home birth because she is so stubborn with doing things HER way.

With this being her third pregnancy so back to back I would be worried for her health especially with Rosie's pregnancy her placenta stopped giving nutrients to Rosie which is why she had to be induced. Acacia seems to be at a higher risk for things going wrong plus home births should be super sterile to avoid infection and we all know how clean Acacia is. Plus where would her children be? Do you know how scary it could be for Brinley and Rosie to see her in pain. I don't think they are quite old enough to realize birth is a natural good thing and all they will see is their mom in pain and their dad running around probably.

So many things can go wrong with giving birth with someone who had a healthy pregnancy too.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

BailaBaby
Learner
Learner

Post by BailaBaby »

BailaBaby wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:04 pm

I assume she's hinting at a home birth here just by the name of the account even though that's obvs not a newborn. It's funny how Acacia is obsessed with being viewed the same as these women but we all see right through it because that will never be her. Even these photos that all require a degree of staging to take, they have a genuine feel to them that none of Acacias content or attitude has ever had. These are memories people are making but for her they're just photo ops to make other people she's that oh so earthy boho mAmA~ (I am also glad to be in the boat of moms who cannot stand that word or this aesthetic "motherhood" all these phonies are pushing along with the exploitation of their kids. Fuck them)

I called it bitches, drink w/ me

Edited to add: honestly, fuck her for making everything about Rosie's birth about how it ruined the experience for HER. And then great make your new child's birth about healing you, you self centered c*nt. Also in my predictions for the future, baby is a boy, incredibly long and self praising home birth uwu video and professionally taken photos. There will also be a pool.

I never dogged on Acacias treatment of Rosie before as I thought she really was struggling with it behind closed doors but the way she's acting & talking about this new baby already is still pushing specifically Rosie aside.

Codi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Codi »

VelvetTeddy wrote:I am actually kind of worried for Acacia she always has to be the best, smartest, most informed, always right person in the room metaphorically speaking. I have a feeling if her doctor pushes for a hospital delivery because there could be complications she will say no and stick with a home birth because she is so stubborn with doing things HER way.

With this being her third pregnancy so back to back I would be worried for her health especially with Rosie's pregnancy her placenta stopped giving nutrients to Rosie which is why she had to be induced. Acacia seems to be at a higher risk for things going wrong plus home births should be super sterile to avoid infection and we all know how clean Acacia is. Plus where would her children be? Do you know how scary it could be for Brinley and Rosie to see her in pain. I don't think they are quite old enough to realize birth is a natural good thing and all they will see is their mom in pain and their dad running around probably.

So many things can go wrong with giving birth with someone who had a healthy pregnancy too.

Hemorrhage risk for acacia is definitely increased with this being third delivery.

Return to “acaciacutie”