Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Glit Fit! ♥ Favorite Healthy Snacks and Workout Gear

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

[youtube][/youtube]
Sponsored by Spanx.
I hate the name "Glit fit"...what the hell does that even mean!?

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Re: Glit Fit! ♥ Favorite Healthy Snacks and Workout Gear

Post by Sunset123 »

hated the video

love this comment though :D
you cant upload late and do a sponsered video. keep your gift card elle, no thanks.

Rach2004
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rach2004 »

Well I fast forwarded through the Spanx commercial. And LOL she showed that salmon meal, apparently it's a trader joes frozen meal not a Lean cuisine ! Not sure if there's much difference though.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Fage makes a huge deal out of how to pronounce their product name correctly and she still pronounced it wrong. I have a hard time believing she can't make guacamole herself. It's literally mashing up avocadoes with a fork and adding seasoning.

I think I bought those pumpkin macarons once and they were highly unmemorable. Just in case anyone is thinking of trying them.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

I don't understand why she was late uploading this. She tweeted about going to Trader Joes w Blair awhile ago. All she had to do was come home & sit in front of the camera talking about groceries.

I've found the trick with guacamole is adding garlic & greek yogurt but it's pretty simple. I also laughed when she pulled out that frozen dinner thing :P Now I'm kind of wondering if she snuck any of those Spanx bras into her Nighttime Routine video...?

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

notahatergator wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Sponsored by Spanx.
I hate the name "Glit fit"...what the hell does that even mean!?
It's a play on her Glitter Gossip channel name. She usually posts these videos there.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

The video was so damn boring I clicked out after 10 seconds and went a took a nap.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I thought the video was okay, but her fitness/food videos are always my favorite of hers. I didn't like that she included so many spanx products though, because only the leggings had anything to do with fitness. The others were more fashion related.

Idk why she eats a kind bar before bed if she has trouble sleeping. The sugar in the fruit and chocolate is probably not doing her any favors in the sleep department.
imma ball til the day i fall

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

"Glit fit" :lol: I don't even want to say how I read the title at first. The video was BS.

joss33
Learner
Learner

Post by joss33 »

All the "healthy" food she showed was processed and/or frozen. Making orange chicken or guacamole at home from fresh ingredients is so much healthier than buying it pre-made. I mean I get that she's busy but making orange chicken from scratch isn't difficult or time consuming.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

joss33 wrote:All the "healthy" food she showed was processed and/or frozen. Making orange chicken or guacamole at home from fresh ingredients is so much healthier than buying it pre-made. I mean I get that she's busy but making orange chicken from scratch isn't difficult or time consuming.
Is she even that busy?

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

an0n wrote:
joss33 wrote:All the "healthy" food she showed was processed and/or frozen. Making orange chicken or guacamole at home from fresh ingredients is so much healthier than buying it pre-made. I mean I get that she's busy but making orange chicken from scratch isn't difficult or time consuming.
Is she even that busy?
not unless you count petting your cat and reading teenager books as "busy"

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

also elle: isn't the guacamole supposed to be in reference to "avoGadro's" number? not jut because there are a lot of avocados in the mix....

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

omg that is hilarious. i really can't deal with the teen lit thing. why doesn't she read classics? and that fucking Pinecone. Love him, but it's too much already.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

Yes. Avogadro's picture is even on the front of the package, but she is way too ignorant to know what Avogadro's number is. The whole video was too long and entirely useless. Spanx leggings aren't made for working out. Those sneakers? Not recommended by podiatrists, especially for jogging/running. Athletic brands make much better sports bras than VS. She spends over an hour at the gym just doing cardio? Inefficient. She is completely clueless about anything fitness related...she should just stop.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

fauxfox wrote:Yes. Avogadro's picture is even on the front of the package, but she is way too ignorant to know what Avogadro's number is. The whole video was too long and entirely useless. Spanx leggings aren't made for working out. Those sneakers? Not recommended by podiatrists, especially for jogging/running. Athletic brands make much better sports bras than VS. She spends over an hour at the gym just doing cardio? Inefficient. She is completely clueless about anything fitness related...she should just stop.
I didn't know what Avogrado's number was until I saw it mentioned here & googled it. I don't think ignorant was the proper term. That suggests that she is uneducated. Not knowing what Avogrado's number is doesn't mean someone lacks intelligence - it just means they didn't study chemistry, nor do they have an interest in it.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

youtubegirl87 wrote:
fauxfox wrote:Yes. Avogadro's picture is even on the front of the package, but she is way too ignorant to know what Avogadro's number is. The whole video was too long and entirely useless. Spanx leggings aren't made for working out. Those sneakers? Not recommended by podiatrists, especially for jogging/running. Athletic brands make much better sports bras than VS. She spends over an hour at the gym just doing cardio? Inefficient. She is completely clueless about anything fitness related...she should just stop.
I didn't know what Avogrado's number was until I saw it mentioned here & googled it. I don't think ignorant was the proper term. That suggests that she is uneducated. Not knowing what Avogrado's number is doesn't mean someone lacks intelligence - it just means they didn't study chemistry, nor do they have an interest in it.
i learned about avogadro's number in a math class in high school, sooooo she really has no excuses

plus doesn't like everyone know what avogadro's number is?! i assumed so but clearly I'm wrong.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

al218 wrote:omg that is hilarious. i really can't deal with the teen lit thing. why doesn't she read classics? and that fucking Pinecone. Love him, but it's too much already.
:lol: agreed

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

it didn't even look like the sneakers had been worn...but no one really wears skechers these days. she probably wears nikes.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

All right, some of you guys need to chill. She specifically said in the video that she gets that the stuff isn't completely healthy but it's a healthier alternative than other things, like ordering Chinese for example. I mean no shit making something yourself can be healthier but that wasn't her point. I personally think orange chicken is pretty hard to make if you want to get the consistency of the orange sauce part right, and it IS time consuming if you're just hungry and tired and the last thing you want to do is cook. I don't know about everyone else, but I am perfectly fine with eating frozen meals once in a while (it's hard to find ones for me so I don't eat them that often but I wouldn't turn my nose up at it for sure), so if I ate meat/fish, I'd consider her recommendation because Trader Joe's frozen section is pretty awesome.
imma ball til the day i fall

Return to “Elle Fowler”