Fall Video Schedule 2013

BestFootForward
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fall Video Schedule 2013

Post by BestFootForward »

So did she just give up on her DIB posting schedule then? I mean she's bought plenty of things recently she could do first impressions on! Or a booktour/Macy's appearance recap or something.

cagedparakeet
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cagedparakeet »

The thing that frustrates me most is the complete lack of blog updates. I thought she was going to update it every weekday, but that hasn't happened at all. I actually liked her blog when she was active but as soon as she tried to make a schedule she crapped out. I hope at one point she acknowledges why she didn't stick with it, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Also, I hope she knows that her lack of being able to keep her word discredits her immensely as a "guru". I'm not going to trust someone that doesn't keep commitments, so why should I buy the things she hocks?

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Not trying to play at being mod but the neat freak in me wants to point out that there's a whole DIB thread...

I don't understand what's happened with her blogs. She did a post mentioning some things she hauled and then put them in a video but she hasn't been very thorough. For how neat & tidy Elle seems to be, she isn't very good at organizing her time :|

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

[youtube][/youtube]

ok she had really a pre-filmed video..but it wasnt so smart that she didnt upload it earlier...

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

pixielein wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

ok she had really a pre-filmed video..but it wasnt so smart that she didnt upload it earlier...
Oh my god. Who cares what time she uploads at? Seriously? As long as it's up before midnight LA time, she's on time. Maybe the people who always bitch every week are the ones who aren't smart because you never seem to learn that when someone says they'll upload on a certain day, it's easier to just check back the next day and more than likely the video will be there. Much less frustrating than checking their channel several times a day before they get around to uploading. I'm so sick of seeing people bitch about the same damn thing over and over again. Like just accept that it's Elle and she's not the greatest at sticking to a schedule so just check her channel on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

I don't see what the point is in bitching every time she uploads too late for your liking, or a bit later than she originally promised. It's not changing anything, so just pretend that her schedule is Tuesday & Saturday and you won't be disappointed.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Arielle wrote:

Oh my god. Who cares what time she uploads at? Seriously? As long as it's up before midnight LA time, she's on time. Maybe the people who always bitch every week are the ones who aren't smart because you never seem to learn that when someone says they'll upload on a certain day, it's easier to just check back the next day and more than likely the video will be there. Much less frustrating than checking their channel several times a day before they get around to uploading. I'm so sick of seeing people bitch about the same damn thing over and over again. Like just accept that it's Elle and she's not the greatest at sticking to a schedule so just check her channel on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

I don't see what the point is in bitching every time she uploads too late for your liking, or a bit later than she originally promised. It's not changing anything, so just pretend that her schedule is Tuesday & Saturday and you won't be disappointed.
Chill... I don't think Pixielein meant she should have uploaded earlier in the day but rather earlier in the week. She tweeted while on the cruise that because she couldn't upload on the cruise so she would upload her pre filmed videos the week she got back as well as her videos for that week, meaning we should have had 4 videos from her last week. She didn't upload the pre filmed videos last week and only uploaded one new video instead of 2 new videos. She should have just said she was going on a cruise so there wouldn't be any videos the week she was away, but instead she promised additional videos and fell through, once again.

As for the nail polish video, I noticed it had a lot of negative comments about poor editing. The whole video seemed rushed and disjointed. She barely talked about the products, just held them up and said what the name was and what colour it was.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Arielle wrote:

So if she uploads at 11:59 then it's okay? No. It's not. She has to have rules set and the crack whipped.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

That video sucked.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

xxkath wrote:
Chill... I don't think Pixielein meant she should have uploaded earlier in the day but rather earlier in the week. She tweeted while on the cruise that because she couldn't upload on the cruise so she would upload her pre filmed videos the week she got back as well as her videos for that week, meaning we should have had 4 videos from her last week. She didn't upload the pre filmed videos last week and only uploaded one new video instead of 2 new videos. She should have just said she was going on a cruise so there wouldn't be any videos the week she was away, but instead she promised additional videos and fell through, once again.
This. She needs to recognize her limits & not commit to anything she's not 100% on. This is the fucking fundamentals of Life 101. Don't over commit, do what you say you're gonna do, keep your word, do your job, know your limits & abilities.

Classic sign of a narcissist: They refuse to be held accountable for their actions. It's never their fault.

People don't want to do business or associate with flakes who lie and BS at every turn. She might get a sponsored video from Proctor & Gamble once or twice but you never see them featuring product from UD/Bobbie Brown like every other guru. I think legit makeup companies don't want to work with them.

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that all the other gurus are sent products to talk about but E&B seem left out?

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

baconpancakes wrote:
xxkath wrote:
This. She needs to recognize her limits & not commit to anything she's not 100% on. This is the fucking fundamentals of Life 101. Don't over commit, do what you say you're gonna do, keep your word, do your job, know your limits & abilities.

Classic sign of a narcissist: They refuse to be held accountable for their actions. It's never their fault.

People don't want to do business or associate with flakes who lie and BS at every turn. She might get a sponsored video from Proctor & Gamble once or twice but you never see them featuring product from UD/Bobbie Brown like every other guru. I think legit makeup companies don't want to work with them.

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that all the other gurus are sent products to talk about but E&B seem left out?
yes guys, i totally agree
but i really blow my mind that she didnt lie about pre-filmed videos, and she uploaded a video in this week in time, i just dont understand what happened last week?

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Nobody does :|

It's kind of annoying too bc it would be nice to know, considering we're all supporting her by watching her videos and contributing input. If ppl are bothered at all to inquire about your life, that (imho) should be appreciated & reciprocated with some kind of reply.

If I went MIA for a week & had ppl asking what happened, I would think "Gee, I affect ppl, ppl give a shit about me, how nice, maybe I should let them know considering they went out of their way to take an interest in me". But then, I've been under this delusion that people have manners and give a shit about each other. Clearly that's not the kind of world we live in!

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

ok this video was pointless and lazy. why didn't they at least show the swatches on their nails??? and elle is so ridiculous. she lies and doesn't put up videos on time, and when she does upload half of them suck. like this one.

p.s elle, go back blonde. ash brown is doing nothing for you.

blahbl4h
Learner
Learner

Post by blahbl4h »

How Elle's doing:

August 29: Announces videos every Mon/Fri until December
Sept 2: Posts Video
Sept 7: Posts Video 1 Day Late
Sept 9: Posts Video
Sept 13: Posts Video
Sept 16: Posts Video
Sept 21: Posts Video 1 Day Late
Sept 25: Posts Video 2 Days Late
Sept 28: Posts Video 1 Day Late
Sept 30: Posts Video
Oct 5: Posts Video 1 Day Late
Oct 7: Posts Video
Oct 11: Posts Video
Oct 19: Posts Video 5 Days Late
Oct 28: Posts Video 10 Days Late

There should be 17 videos by today. She only has 14. 7 of those were posted late.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

blahbl4h wrote:How Elle's doing:

There should be 17 videos by today. She only has 14. 7 of those were posted late.
Absolutely NO offense but why are people so angry that she isn't posting regularly? Is the "lack of commitment to a promise" or unprofessionalism because youtube is her job? Over at her current video with Fleur, there are a lot of angry comments about how she hasn't posted videos like she said she would. If a guru isn't posting, I just watch other gurus. *shrug* Not a huge issue. BUT I do have to admit for youtube to be Elle's job, she is taking her viewers for granted and being unprofessional. She makes money from all her past videos, I guess she doesn't have to worry about new videos.

I am so close to unsubscribing from her. I unsubbed from Fleur a long time ago (boring videos, entitled rich girl vibe and just plain old boring videos with her face full frame most of the time (her vlog channel).

Anyhoo, Elle needs to do some damage control quick. Girl has condo (pardon me "Dollhouse" )payments to make. She better start making her "fans" happy" or start loosing a lot of subs.

Peace

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

I think for me, the reason I get annoyed that she doesn't upload when she says she will upload if because she makes a big deal about her schedule. If she just started posting more frequently and not no any sort of schedule I would just enjoy seeing more videos. It's more the fact that people wait and check for these videos. It's just as annoying as your favourite tv show being moved to a different time or to the next day because of the football or something. You get used to it being on at a certain time and you look out for it.

Unknowner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Unknowner »

I have unsubbed, and will until she improves the quality and regularity of her videos. I think if we all do this maybe she'll actually realise her laziness does have an impact on her career. I do like Elle but it's like her heart isn't in it any more.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Well... Some of us don't sit down and do math over it :D

For myself, I'm trying to like her but she keeps flaking out & it's annoying me. Pretty simple.

knittingpenguin
Learner
Learner

Post by knittingpenguin »

When Fleur noticed Pinecone playing with the tissue I cringed...

"Oh, look he wants a tissue"

I was half expecting Elle to respond that Pinecone wanted his favorite tissue, Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong Facial Tissues.

kuspid
Debater
Debater

Post by kuspid »

lmao i'm so glad i wasn't the only one thinking that about the tissues

BlablaEvi
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by BlablaEvi »

blahbl4h wrote:How Elle's doing:

She must change it to FailThatGlitters!
Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality...

Return to “Elle Fowler”