AllThatFilters21 - Elle Fowler - Part 10

Forevergauc
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AllThatFilters21 - Elle Fowler - Part 10

Post by Forevergauc »

I’m just still shocked that he’s in the zero percentile. Like how much does he weigh to be in that percentile? And how is formula not helping? Maybe I’m just sheltered and have never heard of this before and it’s more common but dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aurinko
Informer
Informer

Post by Aurinko »

Forevergauc wrote:I’m just still shocked that he’s in the zero percentile. Like how much does he weigh to be in that percentile? And how is formula not helping? Maybe I’m just sheltered and have never heard of this before and it’s more common but dang.

My son is almost bis age and on the 5th. 1% would be circa 6 kg for him.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

These are the Fowlers they over blow every sickness they have. Not to say she shouldn't be worried but like everything else she's done it's more attention seeking than anything I'm sure. Not that anyone actually cares about Elle or her life anymore. Snoozefest not even a baby can make it interesting.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

Forevergauc wrote:I’m just still shocked that he’s in the zero percentile. Like how much does he weigh to be in that percentile? And how is formula not helping? Maybe I’m just sheltered and have never heard of this before and it’s more common but dang.

Yeah I was shocked when I heard that too. Surely there’s something they can do to help him put on weight?

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

prettylights92 wrote:

Yeah I was shocked when I heard that too. Surely there’s something they can do to help him put on weight?

I’m surprised her pediatrician hasn’t started testing him for allergies. I was personally allergic to formula as a baby and had to be fed something else. It took them about 6 months to figure out. My friends two kids had to drink exclusively breast milk the first year due to allergies and when she had low/no supply they had to start using donated breast milk.

There are tons of things people can do or have checked nowadays but in typical Elle fashion she just wants to complain.

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

As long as he is gaining the dr might not be worried. He’s just on his own curve. He also could just be a small baby. Again if he is gaining they might not be concerned.

That said, is anyone else thinking he ISN’T 0% and may be small but not THAT small? I kinda feel like she is exaggerating. In video he doesn’t look extra super super small for his age (to me).

gooroo123
Talker
Talker

Post by gooroo123 »

devilishtenshi wrote:As long as he is gaining the dr might not be worried. He’s just on his own curve. He also could just be a small baby. Again if he is gaining they might not be concerned.

That said, is anyone else thinking he ISN’T 0% and may be small but not THAT small? I kinda feel like she is exaggerating. In video he doesn’t look extra super super small for his age (to me).

Agreed, he might not look that chubby the way babies do, but he looks very long and tall.

Aeh0818
Debater
Debater

Post by Aeh0818 »

I don’t understand her at all. She keeps saying “look at that strength” while her baby is struggling to sit on his own. Umm.... you have a 6 month old who is not sitting or moving around.. his STRENGTH is one thing that you really need to be working on. I’m wondering if his delays are just because he’s so small, though? At first I thought it was because she wasn’t doing enough with him, but if he’s in the 0% maybe he will always be delayed simply because he’s so little.

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

Aeh0818 wrote:I don’t understand her at all. She keeps saying “look at that strength” while her baby is struggling to sit on his own. Umm.... you have a 6 month old who is not sitting or moving around.. his STRENGTH is one thing that you really need to be working on. I’m wondering if his delays are just because he’s so small, though? At first I thought it was because she wasn’t doing enough with him, but if he’s in the 0% maybe he will always be delayed simply because he’s so little.
I wouldn’t call him delayed. He isn’t quite yet. If he doesn’t start soon she should seek out early intervention in her state. Delays aren’t shameful or always due to anything bad the mom or dad did (like lack of parenting.) sometimes they just happen ImageImage

“Your baby will probably learn to sit independently between the ages of 4 and 7 months. Your baby will have mastered rolling over and holding his head up. Most babies can sit well for several minutes without support by the time they're 8 months old”

Aeh0818
Debater
Debater

Post by Aeh0818 »

Not always, but the sitting/muscle thing can definitely be due to a lack of tummy time and lack of opportunities for him to exercise those muscles. I see that you quoted an age range for babies to sit, but I’ve never been around a baby who wasn’t sitting by 6 months. Both of mine & all their play date friends were. So when I say delayed, I guess I’m just basing it off the babies I’ve seen & been around. Do you think it’s normal for a baby his age to just be laying around on his back all the time?

Brytbratbar
Debater
Debater

Post by Brytbratbar »

When Elle unpacked the rv there were a ton of container toys all spread out. I'm not saying the amount of container toys show that James doesn't ever do tummy time but I don't understand why one baby needs so many. I get he's probably spoiled by family being the first baby/grandchild but still. The only time It seems like he's not in one or being held is when he's on the mat and Elle is showering.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I don't think she considers him delayed for anything other than size. She was praising how strong he was rather than thinking he was weaker than he should be.

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

Aeh0818 wrote:Not always, but the sitting/muscle thing can definitely be due to a lack of tummy time and lack of opportunities for him to exercise those muscles. I see that you quoted an age range for babies to sit, but I’ve never been around a baby who wasn’t sitting by 6 months. Both of mine & all their play date friends were. So when I say delayed, I guess I’m just basing it off the babies I’ve seen & been around. Do you think it’s normal for a baby his age to just be laying around on his back all the time?
My daughter was sitting up by 6 months but I’d still give him another month before I’d label him as delayed based on what I googled ImageImage I feel for her with tummy time as my daughter HATED IT and would roll to her back if I put her on her tummy. What Elle should do is get him off his back and have him sitting up more so his muscles grow stronger. By next appointment her dr will say something I’m sure if he isn’t sitting up

Aeh0818
Debater
Debater

Post by Aeh0818 »

He just seems so much younger than he is. I guess “delayed” isn’t the right word. My kid was sitting up feeding himself small pieces of food at his age and he doesn’t even seem like he is 6 months old. I know you can’t compare babies but I just feel like he is capable of so much more if they would work with him. Granted, I’m sure it’s hard because Alex is gone a lot... it she can find the time to play with him more.

xokisstherain
Informer
Informer

Post by xokisstherain »

James will be 7 months old in a few days
As someone who’s been in the ECE field for 5 years, primarily working with infants for the first 3 years and going to a lot of training & conferences, I think he’s a bit delayed 🤷🏻‍♀️ Whoever said they’ve never seen a 6 month old not be sitting on their own... I agree neither have I.
:love2: #savegreyson

Aeh0818
Debater
Debater

Post by Aeh0818 »

Yeah, I work with kids as well so when I talk about James being behind, I’m not just comparing him to my own child. The frustrating thing to me is that instead of facing the fact that he might need help (early intervention), she’s in denial. Go get your baby the help he needs... there’s no shame in that! It makes her more of a bad parent that she’s not being proactive about his situation at all.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I think she's embarassed that he's not some perfect problem free child and considers it "cute" that he's so small. She is more shallow than smart but hopefully she would consider talking about it with her dr. I have never seen a baby who can't sit at 6 months old.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

clairebear wrote:I think she's embarassed that he's not some perfect problem free child and considers it "cute" that he's so small. She is more shallow than smart but hopefully she would consider talking about it with her dr. I have never seen a baby who can't sit at 6 months old.

Wasn’t he born mid June? Isn’t he almost 7 months old. He should be sitting up for sure by now.

gooroo123
Talker
Talker

Post by gooroo123 »

He also doesn't crawl yet too? There are lots of babies in my family and from as long as I can remember, everyone was sitting up and crawling over to you by 6 months for sure.

Aeh0818
Debater
Debater

Post by Aeh0818 »

I’m surprised her dad isn’t pushing for her to seek help. Surely with him being in the medical profession, he knows James isn’t developing at the normal pace.

Return to “Elle Fowler”