ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

twatchel
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 4

Post by twatchel »

Really? 11-4? WOW! Horrific! How will you survive?!?!?!?! Five WHOLE hours! Oh boy!

My partner worked from 8 am to 12 am some days. My longest school day was 10:30 am to 10:00 pm. People actually work. Rachel is upset over 5 whole hours?

jane1234567
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jane1234567 »

Fuck she is so infuriating. 2 days a week of classes where you don't even have to wake up early would be a DREAM for me. She is literally such a lazy oaf. How does she expect to get through life like this?!

sarahjbeara
Talker
Talker

Post by sarahjbeara »

twatchel wrote:
IAmNotAGuest wrote:
twatchel wrote:Why is she even in school? Why is she wasting her time? I don't understand.
I'm honestly assuming that she's only finishing up her degree just so she can lord it over people.
"look at me! I graduated from college, fuckers! My existence is now validated!" she says as she sits down for what will be many years doing nothing in front of her laptop.
Honestly, I bet her parents are forcing her. Is her major communications? That is a major with a high unemployment rate.

If her dream is to move to Seattle and work at Sephora, why not go to makeup school? That would look good on her list of credentials, not communications.

Actually Communications is very successful these days because EVERYTHING revolves around the media and marketing, so actually its a very good major for the future. Although, I don't think she will put it to any good use.

femscout
Informer
Informer

Post by femscout »

Why is she even in school? Why is she
Actually Communications is very successful these days because EVERYTHING revolves around the media and marketing, so actually its a very good major for the future. Although, I don't think she will put it to any good use.
Yeah, I hate when people use that argument. As long as someone is going what they're passionate for, why patronize them about it? Although I have no idea if Rachel actually cares about communications or anything related to it. I really don't understand why she's complaining about her schedule when she CHOSE IT.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

femscout wrote:
Yeah, I hate when people use that argument. As long as someone is going what they're passionate for, why patronize them about it? Although I have no idea if Rachel actually cares about communications or anything related to it. I really don't understand why she's complaining about her schedule when she CHOSE IT.
http://www.askamanager.org/2013/04/why- ... ssion.html

bugk
Talker
Talker

Post by bugk »

She is so out of touch with the rest of society. And homegirl's twitter picture is not cute.

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

you’re not special for being ~~~~above talking about the VMAs and Miley Cyrus
does she not realize that some people have better things to do and/or just do not give a single fuck? girl needs to log off the computer for a while. she is most definitely out of touch.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

She should still get her license regardless. You can't always depend on buses and trains

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

Forever Eccentric wrote:She should still get her license regardless. You can't always depend on buses and trains
No offense to anyone that does, but I can't see Queen Rachel lowering herself enough to take *public* transportation. I could never picture her sitting on a bus. She'd die first.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

I love how she's reblogging all these pictures and screencaps of Lorde like she's the only one "obsessed" with her...

vintagemisery
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vintagemisery »

I used to really like Rachel but after reading through a lot of the threads about her on here, she's started to really grind my gears. Mainly because she preaches about body positivity (her response to alex day's video and the thinspo stuff on tumblr) but uses obvious mirror tricks to make herself look smaller. Also I can't back up the people saying that the Miley video is going to damage both their careers enough. If Chris was serious about a career in meteorology then he wouldn't be doing dumb shit like that for a bit of ~internet fame. They're both adults who need to focus on getting real jobs that will support them. Rant over :?

seanymph
Debater
Debater

Post by seanymph »

shadowlurker wrote:
femscout wrote:
http://www.askamanager.org/2013/04/why- ... ssion.html
This is a very pessimistic, one sided article thats not even based on anything factual lol. This article is actually what's wrong with the world. "ur not suppozed to enjoy ur job ur suppozed to survive wit ur job n u majered in da wrong majer n u wont even lyke it anymore no jobs 4 u" :? fuck that lady's opinion. That attitude is one of the reasons why the job market is in shambles and college degrees are worthless now.

Anyway Rachel is not afraid of driving, its just that she would rather watch netflix than get her life together. I live in an area of NJ where many things are walking distance and theres plenty of public transportation, and I still have my license. If Rachel really lives in bumfuck pennsylvania i can not grasp why she wouldn't get her license.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

I agree with you twatchel. She is wasting time and money getting a degree that she doesn't even plan on using. She could be working now at Sephora (or anwhere really) instead of hanging out all day online and doing two days of classes. Make some money and also it would probably make it easier to get hired if they do move to Seattle because she will have already worked there, just like how she worked at Starbucks at home and also when she went to college. Didn't she say Chris is getting a second job? So these two geniuses are planning on moving to a way more expensive place, Chris will be accumulating debt for this year of college plus the classes he takes if he gets into where he's applying to in Seattle, Rachel will have student loans rolling in, and they plan on getting their own place there when they require 2 other roomates to survive in the fucking Amish country. And they will fund that with what, whatever Chris has for a part time job or two, whatever Rachel makes at sephora (if they even hire her that is) and youtube money. They're delusional.

And that article was actually spot on. It's a really, really stupid idea to get into debt for a degree that is based on your hobby. You shouldn't confuse being realistic with pessimism seanymph. How can you say that's not based on facts? Do you know how many people go to college, then move back home with their parents and work jobs for minimum wage or slightly higher and can't even afford their own apartments because of student loan debt? Why are you even defending it like it's her passion? Her passion is talking shit and getting attention. She was complaining about starting classes, does that sound like a person going to school for her passion?

I don't think her parents are forcing her to go. She has talked mad shit on her sister for not going to college. I think Rachel had to go somewhere because everybody was probably fucking with her over all her lies so she wanted to leave the area.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

AAM is a very well-established, successful business woman. I'm not saying she is all that and a bag of crackers but this woman knows what she's doing. Her advice helped me personally a lot in the professional world so while the article might sound negative, it has a strong flavor of the truth. Plus, if you would have read the article, it clearly states if you want your hobby to be your major, and you know you may end up unemployed or underemployed and are prepared, go for it.

Just my 2 cents.

hearts&flowers
Debater
Debater

Post by hearts&flowers »

I started Part 5, but I can't figure out how to post a link to it :grrrr:

seanymph
Debater
Debater