ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by ohliveuh »

I agree that she has become way too co-dependent. If they split up she's going to be so lost and down on herself because Chris has been her crutch through this entire part of her life. I fully admit that I lean on my boyfriend for support, but because I know I can have the tendency to lean a little too much, I always keep a close eye on myself to make sure I'm doing me first and foremost. It's so important to love yourself first and it's completely possible to do that while still unconditionally loving somebody else.

edit: Although on the note of her giveaway, it really is pretty freaking generous. Games are like $60 a pop, books can run between $20-$30, and I like that she's considering more than just her makeup obsessed female viewers. I'm a girl and I would rather win a videogame than a blush.

cosmo
Learner
Learner

Post by cosmo »

Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.

savebella!
Debater
Debater

Post by savebella! »

I found that video on the beach of her to be really sad. She hasn't been that happy since.
Yes, I'm a lot different than I was in 2011 as I have grown but like, I'm the same person and she never seems to be like that any more. For the past year.
I feel as if Rachel thinks she has to over compensate and be different because she's ~~not like the typical guru. Therefore, she has to be obnoxious and constantly praising because if she is genuinely calm and happy then she is like every one else.

Also, on her tumblr, she realized she showed that she was pantsless in that one video but says "all you can see is her thigh." NOPE. Pretty positive you're not wearing pants.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

I always wonder who their friends will gravitate towards if the relationship ended. She always says she's the one who brought all of the friends in but I have a feeling they stay for Chris mostly. Rachel seems like she needs a lot of attention to be kept happy.

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

oxprincessxo wrote:^

I agree about her being too dependable. If that relationship ends, her self-esteem will be shot. Completely.
their relationship isn't even over at this moment & time, and her self esteem is already shot.
i really think her massive weight gain has the most to do with her self esteem issues.

as a big girl myself, i understand it. your weight making you feel like complete shit.
which is why i personally have switched my diet & lifestyle around & i'm already 10x happier, at only 10 pounds down so far.

i really wish rachel would clean up her lifestyle, because i think her happiness most definitely depends on it.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

beautybitch wrote:
oxprincessxo wrote:^

I agree about her being too dependable. If that relationship ends, her self-esteem will be shot. Completely.
their relationship isn't even over at this moment & time, and her self esteem is already shot.
i really think her massive weight gain has the most to do with her self esteem issues.

as a big girl myself, i understand it. your weight making you feel like complete shit.
which is why i personally have switched my diet & lifestyle around & i'm already 10x happier, at only 10 pounds down so far.

i really wish rachel would clean up her lifestyle, because i think her happiness most definitely depends on it.
Congrats on 10 pounds! I'm trying to do the same thing. She just needs to focus less on TV and more on getting healthier physically and mentally. I'm sure a lot of her anxiety stems from being worried about how she looks.

whatwhat
Learner
Learner

Post by whatwhat »

buying subscribers with lots of giveaways cause her view counts have been so low. lol

i think if she put more time and effort into improving herself her lifestyle her attitude and relationships then she'd be a lot happier and people would actually enjoy watching her videos.
~better to be hated, than loved for what you're not~

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

She could have at least made her bed before filming in front of it :roll:

moodhani
Learner
Learner

Post by moodhani »

if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they have ever been to Seattle to be so gun-ho to move there no matter what, even jobless. Oh, and nowhere did she mention HER trying to get a job, or continuing school, etc.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

I see from tumblr Rachel's been reading GG again...she really can't stay away can she?

therakel749
Learner
Learner

Post by therakel749 »

moodhani wrote:if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they have ever been to Seattle to be so gun-ho to move there no matter what, even jobless. Oh, and nowhere did she mention HER trying to get a job, or continuing school, etc.

Gah, Washington is beautiful but it's sooooo expensive. I was looking at one bedrooms in Redmond ( like 20 minutes outside Seattle) and they were around $1,800 a month and that's not even in the city. I feel like if they could realistically afford to live there they wouldn't have roommates where they are living now.

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

cosmo wrote:Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.
That actually kinda pissed me off. Like she's trying to buy into the gaming community by giving away shitty games (except for the walking dead game, that one is actually good), and she's not even a real gamer. Just because you play Minecraft (which sucks and I don't know why anyone likes that game) and LA Noire (which is old as shit) and watch Let's Plays on YT doesn't come close to being a part of the gaming community. She's such a poser.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

moodhani wrote:if chris doesn’t even get into the school in seattle (which honestly he will because he’s CHRIS) we’re still moving out there

Everyone and their cousin where I live want to move to either Seattle or Portland. Both cities have an extremely popular underground/indie culture following. Hipster central. Laughing that she thinks Pennsylvania is really expensive COMPARED TO SEATTLE, SHE'S DELUSIONAL. She hasn't even traveled, how should she know anyway? Pennsylvania is actually inexpensive compared to most places in the NE. (RI, NY, NJ, CT, etc.)

EDIT: @tigresslily Btw, how can you say she's not even a real gamer? Like wtf? Are there requirements to being a gamer? If so, give me the rule book. Really getting tired of the "OHHPOSER GAMER". Being a gamer is so hyped nowadays. There's no such thing like saying "OH SHE'S SUCH A POSER TV WATCHER" why is gaming exposed to this? Especially for women, god damn. And you can't say she's not a gamer because she plays games you don't like, that's a ridiculous argument. Get off your 8 bit high horse.

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

tigresslily20 wrote:
cosmo wrote:Her makeup is actually decent in the giveaway video, it really flatters her eyes. But I was a little surprised she had a 'gamers' category. Her channel has nothing to do with gaming.
That actually kinda pissed me off. Like she's trying to buy into the gaming community by giving away shitty games (except for the walking dead game, that one is actually good), and she's not even a real gamer. Just because you play Minecraft (which sucks and I don't know why anyone likes that game) and LA Noire (which is old as shit) and watch Let's Plays on YT doesn't come close to being a part of the gaming community. She's such a poser.
just because you play older games doesnt make you less of a gamer...?

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

Kelleyfosho wrote:
tigresslily20 wrote:
just because you play older games doesnt make you less of a gamer...?

No, but she can't all of a sudden act like she's really into gaming. I know this is a mostly beauty oriented group but she is becoming one of those gurus that's sadly attempting to gain more followers by posing. Am I the only one here with enough common sense to see that?

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

No, but she can't all of a sudden act like she's really into gaming. I know this is a mostly beauty oriented group but she is becoming one of those gurus that's sadly attempting to gain more followers by posing. Am I the only one here with enough common sense to see that?
Someone has MORE THAN ONE INTEREST? OH MY GOD. THAT'S INSANE. DON'T THEY KNOW THEY HAVE TO PICK BETWEEN BOY STUFF AND GIRL STUFF?

/s

technicolorhobo
Learner
Learner

Post by technicolorhobo »

Come on, we can all agree that Rachel will do or say anything in order to seem more cool and gain approval! (Except for maybe having some accountability and being nice, but she's not mature enough for that to happen.)

Pretty obvious that she's doing whatever she can to get views from a variety of people. She needs to pick something she can actually do well and then DO THAT, not have whatever random whim video she can shit out quickly to get money. It's so bizarre to me that she has the mentality of an abuser almost. She does and says whatever she wants, takes no responsibility, and then tries to make it up to people by buying them things. Have you tried just being a nice person? Of course not.

technicolorhobo
Learner
Learner

Post by technicolorhobo »

Double post apology.

1. She's a fucking idiot if she thinks that living in Seattle proper is going to cost LESS than living in Asscrack PA. She's so fucking stupid that it actually hurts sometimes to read what she posts.

2. HOW IS SHE SUCH A BITCH ALL THE TIME AND STILL HAS FOLLOWERS?! She's a cunt about EVERYTHING. People are correctly saying Chris is stupid to bounce around jobs in this economy and she's pulling a Chris Cocker "Leave him alone!!11!!"...seriously? You spew personal shit all over every social media site known to man every single day, but the second someone calls you on your bullshit or says something intelligent to you that you disagree with, suddenly it's not okay and they need to leave him alone? THEN DON'T OVER-SHARE CONSTANTLY.

3. She's such a bitch about the giveaway, like honestly if you're going to do something, at least PRETEND to do it out of the goodness of your heart and not bitch up a storm about every little thing. People who don't have or want a Twitter shouldn't have to make one to enter a YOUTUBE contest. There has to be a better way to do things, unless of course you want twice as much exposure on different sites? Hmmmm... ;)

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

technicolorhobo wrote:Double post apology.

1. She's a fucking idiot if she thinks that living in Seattle proper is going to cost LESS than living in Asscrack PA. She's so fucking stupid that it actually hurts sometimes to read what she posts.

2. HOW IS SHE SUCH A BITCH ALL THE TIME AND STILL HAS FOLLOWERS?! She's a c*nt about EVERYTHING. People are correctly saying Chris is stupid to bounce around jobs in this economy and she's pulling a Chris Cocker "Leave him alone!!11!!"...seriously? You spew personal shit all over every social media site known to man every single day, but the second someone calls you on your bullshit or says something intelligent to you that you disagree with, suddenly it's not okay and they need to leave him alone? THEN DON'T OVER-SHARE CONSTANTLY.

3. She's such a bitch about the giveaway, like honestly if you're going to do something, at least PRETEND to do it out of the goodness of your heart and not bitch up a storm about every little thing. People who don't have or want a Twitter shouldn't have to make one to enter a YOUTUBE contest. There has to be a better way to do things, unless of course you want twice as much exposure on different sites? Hmmmm... ;)
Omg, I can't stress point 2 enough. It drives me insane. Why did she even tell us that Chris quit his job? Why do we care? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? Like I said in a very old post, she instigates critique by bringing things like this to light. If you don't want to hear your followers' opinions on Chris quitting his job, DON'T TELL US THAT CHRIS QUIT HIS JOB. Jesus Christ. I don't get why this is such a difficult concept for her. And then she gets pissed off and plays the victim when the critique becomes overwhelming.

Over-sharing. It's a thing.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

HAHAHAHA! Good luck being able to afford living there when both y'all being unemployed and such. Good. Fucking. Luck.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”