ICALLITNEVERHAVINGAJOB General Thread Part 9

badhairspray
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITNEVERHAVINGAJOB General Thread Part 9

Post by badhairspray »

As a recent graduate, I really like watching YouTube videos about job searches, saving money, budgeting, etc. It would have been nice to see Rachel do something similar, like vlog the job search process. It would have made her more relatable, because normal people have to look for jobs. But there's nothing relatable about her anymore. She has no job, no hobbies, doesn't go to school anymore.. I used to love her old rant videos because I could relate (dealing with annoying classmates, customers, etc) but now? She has no more stories to tell. Nothing interesting to share about her life other than, "lol I'm bisexual you guys, did you know that?" I mean seriously, when was the last time she gave a little anecdote about something interesting/funny that happened to her that day? Those are the types of things that keep people interested and watching. People like watching others who they can relate to. She has NOTHING to offer anymore. It's just not fun watching someone who has no real struggles in life.

diptyque
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by diptyque »

I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to make an account. Rae Rae's videos make me uncomfortable. She used to be cool and ~indie~but now her videos are so self depreciating that makes them un-watchable for me. I was excited for her to move to Seattle because I thought she would become friends with Abb3rz07, who is pretty cool but I don't think Rachel can hang with real adults. I think in order for her to progress as a YouTuber she really needs to make a video about why she faked cancer. It's not an uncommon thing - I feel like we all know someone who does something desperate for attention and if she addresses this than maybe her channel can grow. Until then I feel like that topic is the elephant in the room.

diptyque
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by diptyque »

I've been lurking around for some time now and I finally decided to post. I used to really like Rachel, when I first watched 'What Jews do for Christmas', she was so cool and ~indie~. But now her videos make me uncomfortable because they're so self deprecating, it makes the unbearable for me. I was excited for her move to Seattle because I thought she would collaborate with people like Abb3rz07, who I think is really cool. But I don't think Rae Rae can hang with real adults. I think the only way she can advance her channel further is if she address the big elephant in the room which is her faking cancer in high school. I think we all known someone who does something desperate for attention and if address what she did, she could maybe actually help people. She cannot progress as a YouTuber if she keeps remaking the brown smokey eye with different pallets or keeps vaguely mentioning her sexuality.

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

Didn't this broad do a video rant against AdBlock and those who use it? I think somebody posted it in one of the threads on here. I could be wrong. I'm just wondering because I just got AdBlock. Not to sound like a total idiot, but does AdBlock really impact YouTubers that monumentally? I don't know who this girl thinks she is but I've had enough of her shit. And she's barely doing videos anymore. So you'd think I had nothing to get annoyed about regarding her. It's just I know girls like her. They think they are the sun and we are the planets revolving around them. It's ALWAYS about them.

Rachel, if you're reading this, you're not some special fucking snowflake. Being bi (which I think you're lying about, but even if you aren't) doesn't make you special. A lot of people are born bisexual. SUPPOSEDLY suffering from depression doesn't make you special either. And I'm not buying that story either. I do think something is clearly wrong with you. You're a pathological liar for one. How do you sleep at night? You may not even read here, but just in case. I'd love to put you on blast on all your social media outlets. but your minions would eat me alive and you would have even more of a reason to play the victim. I can't believe I ever liked you. :FU:

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Anyone watch her 4th of July Chrachel Cooks thing? I don't watch them often but this seemed really basic. Like, a red, white, and blue smoothie? ....Seems like something you might make on any other day (minus the layering thing). Maybe it's just me, but I'd want something a bit more special to celebrate the fourth or any holdiay. And she couldn't have at least brushed her hair before coming on camera? I mean I know she's not gonna get gussied up just for a cooking video, but at least look neat damn. How many seconds does it take to run a brush over your hair, come on. And stop throwing that hand washing clip in when it isn't even necessary!

rdt1004
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rdt1004 »

Yeah she did do a rant about Adblock which is still hilarious to me. Bitch, you can go out at anytime and get another job. Nobody is forcing you to do YouTube as a job. Just like no one is forcing me to watch your shitty videos without Adblock. I just rather you don't get paid for me to hate watch you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newstitches
Talker
Talker

Post by newstitches »

diptyque wrote:I think in order for her to progress as a YouTuber she really needs to make a video about why she faked cancer. It's not an uncommon thing - I feel like we all know someone who does something desperate for attention and if she addresses this than maybe her channel can grow. Until then I feel like that topic is the elephant in the room.
I disagree. I feel like a good bit of her followers have no idea it even happened. I think the only ones who know are those of us who don't like her anyway. I don't know about you guys, but I found out about the cancer thing from some Tumblr a few years ago dedicated to ~exposing the truth~ or something
I think her channel would grow if she simply uploaded better videos.

diptyque
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by diptyque »

newstitches wrote:
diptyque wrote:I think in order for her to progress as a YouTuber she really needs to make a video about why she faked cancer. It's not an uncommon thing - I feel like we all know someone who does something desperate for attention and if she addresses this than maybe her channel can grow. Until then I feel like that topic is the elephant in the room.
I disagree. I feel like a good bit of her followers have no idea it even happened. I think the only ones who know are those of us who don't like her anyway. I don't know about you guys, but I found out about the cancer thing from some Tumblr a few years ago dedicated to ~exposing the truth~ or something
She's mentioned it in videos, I forget which ones

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

^ True but she kind of downplays it now. She kind of acts like it was just a playful joke that everyone took too seriously. And she took down the video where she went on a rant screaming that people had "lost the privilege to talk to her". Unfortunately the video has been lost. Someone posted a link once but I don't think it works anymore.

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

She's not funny. But I see in the comments of her videos, no matter how boring they are, and on her twitter, people telling her how hilarious she is. And all her minions do the forced cursing in all of her video comments section. It's pathetic. She's pathetic. She reminds me of someone in my family that feels the need to be the center of attention all the time. Even at my niece's 2nd birthday party she tried to make some kind of grand fucking entrance. It's like, "Woman, you're a fifty-something year old grandmother of five. GROW UP!!! " But somebody at that age will never change. And even though Rachel is young, I don't hold out much hope for her unless she really does need therapy and takes it seriously.

And why does she feel the need to announce, on every header of every social media platform she's on, that she's bisexual? That's the FIRST thing she mentions on most of them. A lot of people are bi. I'm heterosexual. YAY. Go me! Most people don't use their sexuality to completely define who they are. When I'm hanging with my friend Tim and his husband, we're not thinking about or talking about our sexuality. We may be playing video games cause we're dorks. :D We may be talking about old times growing up or our careers.

I don't get this broad. She is so desperate to be seen as special and different. She's a yawn-fest. She just really grinds my gears and I wish she'd get called out on her bullshit more often. But if I do it, I will get eaten alive. Sometimes I comment on someone's video, CONSTRUCTIVELY and wake up to 15 notifications the next day, mostly calling me horrid names and the like. So I try to just lurk. Sometimes I just don't give a shit and let it all hang out. Put this bitch on blast. :FU:

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

In the video where she talked about it she said something to the effect of she did because she wanted people to care about her. Something like that. So with the two guys she's been involved with, she has had an issue to use to her advantage. The cancer lie with the first guy and the anxiety and depression with Chris. That's interesting. That girl loves the idea of a girl who is a troubled and complicated and has the full attention of a guy regardless. Basically the main female character in every John green novel is what she's aiming for imo.

butterflyprincess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by butterflyprincess »

newstitches wrote:
The only reason I even found out about the cancer thing was because she made that stupid "beating a dead horse" video, and drew attention to it. After watching the video, as a casual viewer, I GOOGLED IT and found the page with the tumblr screenshots on it. She was annoying before that but I tolerated her because I liked her makeup videos, but after that it was game over. She's an idiot.

This red white and blue smoothie though... holy shit. That's just sad. Literally didn't even put good combinations of fruit in the smoothies? The smoothies were so basic, just like her.
**credit to meeeh for the gif!

nickiminaj
Learner
Learner

Post by nickiminaj »

Is anyone following her on Snapchat? She uploaded an extremely unflattering photo yesterday, I wish I would've screenshotted it to upload on here! She really doesn't know how to take decent selfies.

rdt1004
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rdt1004 »

Shane Dawson just came out as bi. Get ready for the "Look at me! Look at me!!" tweets and posts that will inevitably be coming from Rachel soon..

vfreeze
Learner
Learner

Post by vfreeze »

Shane Dawson came out as bi this morning and just from watching his vid coming out, it is way more sincere than all the times Rachel has mentioned it. You can compare Rachel and her "bisexuality" to anyone else who has come out onto a public platform and you can see right through her.
Shane was saying how this is the first and last time he's going to talk about being bisexual because your sexuality shouldn't define you. As opposed to Rachel who doesn't shut the fuck up about it and makes it her entire fucking persona. So done with this chick.

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

so when's shane going to put his sexual orientation in the header of all his social media? that's like step one of being a robust bisexual youtuber right?

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

Good for Shane for coming out but he's still a racist.

hindsighting
Talker
Talker

Post by hindsighting »

She said she was going to post a video at 8 pm today and then said she couldn't. Is anyone surprised??

OutOfStep
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by OutOfStep »

oh dear, when GG infiltrates real life

someone "liked" this article so it popped on my facebook feed. guess whom I thought of first as soon as I read the title:

"4 Ways to Find Out If Your Partner Is Using Their Depression as an Excuse for Controlling Behavior" http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/dep ... ner-abuse/

rdt1004
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rdt1004 »

OutOfStep wrote:oh dear, when GG infiltrates real life

someone "liked" this article so it popped on my facebook feed. guess whom I thought of first as soon as I read the title:

"4 Ways to Find Out If Your Partner Is Using Their Depression as an Excuse for Controlling Behavior" http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/dep ... ner-abuse/
Someone send this link to Chris lol

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”