ViviannaDoesMakeup

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by ima »

Nin wrote:I agree. I don't think it's so much just that she only needs it cut though? I actually feel itchy when I watch her because her hair looks so dirty. It's probably not dirty at all but the fact that it always looks like it needs a good brush through it and that she can't just put a clean parting through it make her look awful. She would look way better with a proper side parting as well I think.
In the latest video with Lily Pepples, I thought Lily actually looked lovely, and Anna just looked manky and unkempt next to her. You would think for filming she could make more of an effort? :?
Ugh, anna always loves to give off the whole 'minimal make up, I hate getting ready and bed head hair' vibe but then will happily spend £100 on a lipstick...

ILovegg
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by ILovegg »

macaroon wrote:in case one day Vivianna goes MIA, here's her twin sister to watch
[youtube][/youtube]
same drooling 'n' talking, same teeth situation (cough)
Jesus Christ they sound so alike

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

Aw, I like watching Jessica. She's much more informative than Anna.

GuruSayWhat
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruSayWhat »

What annoys me is that she'll put up one video a week and most of the time she's going on about the same products that were in the previous video. I know she posts on her blog everyday, and I know that is a lot of work, but she used to put up more videos in a week and still had her blog updated daily. Everyone gets on at Ingrid for being lazy with the YT front, and give Anna her dues she does blog daily, but her YT account is probably her main income (like Ingrid) then why doesn't she update it more than every Sunday? She could do vlogs about these events she attends or GRWM videos for them.

I'm not an Ingrid minion, but sometimes I get the impression that people think she's the laziest one. Others are lazy too!

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I actually like Jessica but she's just so so boring. I nearly always end up clicking out of her videos because she just sends me to sleep. I also find her very sheep like. (like so many of these gurus) She also reminds me of I covet thee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtkXgPNb9iI Although she drives me mad sometimes because every single sentence is said as though it is a question. :D

janjan
Learner
Learner

Post by janjan »

I have a love/hate with Anna and I don't know if this is a valid complaint anymore but I just find it annoying when she would stress such simple boring makeup. Now don't get me wrong, I don't wear much day to day myself but I think it is kind of annoying when she says something like "oh I can't be bothered with primer, eyeshadow, etc." it's like then why are you on youtube/blogging?! I noticed now she takes more time into her makeup i.e. eyeshadow but I guess I wanted to rant about this somewhere.

Also, I don't get her obsession with dewiness.

GuruSayWhat
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruSayWhat »

janjan wrote:I have a love/hate with Anna and I don't know if this is a valid complaint anymore but I just find it annoying when she would stress such simple boring makeup. Now don't get me wrong, I don't wear much day to day myself but I think it is kind of annoying when she says something like "oh I can't be bothered with primer, eyeshadow, etc." it's like then why are you on youtube/blogging?! I noticed now she takes more time into her makeup i.e. eyeshadow but I guess I wanted to rant about this somewhere.

Agree with everything you said!

janjan
Learner
Learner

Post by janjan »

GuruSayWhat wrote:
janjan wrote:I have a love/hate with Anna and I don't know if this is a valid complaint anymore but I just find it annoying when she would stress such simple boring makeup. Now don't get me wrong, I don't wear much day to day myself but I think it is kind of annoying when she says something like "oh I can't be bothered with primer, eyeshadow, etc." it's like then why are you on youtube/blogging?! I noticed now she takes more time into her makeup i.e. eyeshadow but I guess I wanted to rant about this somewhere.

Agree with everything you said!

At least I know I am not the only one. I do like her taste but sometimes it's too simple for a "beauty guru."

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

I officially unsubscribed. Being subscribed to her is like having a magazine subscription. The first year you're all excited every month because you don't know what they are going to put in their magazine, but a couple of months into it it loses it's luster because by now, you KNOW what's coming next
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

GuruSayWhat
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruSayWhat »

Why does she (and the other British girls) call everything 'the edit'! 'November Favourites Edit' 'Drugstore Edit' 'Winter Edit' 'Autumn Edit' 'Style Edit' she even has a tab on her 'website' (it's a BLOG!) called 'The Edit'. Or the overuse of 'The'. The video, the week, the Sunday post, the beauty bag....uh give it a rest! It's not edgy or different if everyone does it!!!

janjan
Learner
Learner

Post by janjan »

GuruSayWhat wrote:Why does she (and the other British girls) call everything 'the edit'! 'November Favourites Edit' 'Drugstore Edit' 'Winter Edit' 'Autumn Edit' 'Style Edit' she even has a tab on her 'website' (it's a BLOG!) called 'The Edit'. Or the overuse of 'The'. The video, the week, the Sunday post, the beauty bag....uh give it a rest! It's not edgy or different if everyone does it!!!

I hate when they call it their website! No, it's a blog.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

pretty sure an online blog counts as a website?

website
ˈwɛbsʌɪt/
noun
a location connected to the Internet that maintains one or more web pages

janjan
Learner
Learner

Post by janjan »

When you look at the definition of the term "website," yes a blog would count but I think the term "website" has a different connotation than "blog." When I think of a website, I think of a webstore, a site with multiple features, multiple contributors, etc. When I think of a blog I think of daily entries like Vivianna and Lily do on beauty products. When these bloggers call it a "website" they are hyping their blogs to be more than that when really the only thing they offer is their musings on a product. I know others may disagree but that is just how I see it.

mehere
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mehere »

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster (had to be done :D )
It looks like she's stopped marking things she got as *PR Samples. What a shame, I used to love her blog due to her always being honest with anything she got given by pr.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

pussyglitter wrote:Aw, I like watching Jessica. She's much more informative than Anna.
I had no idea that she had a sister until now. I'll check out her channel. Anna bores me now, especially when she does collabs with Lily. I cannot stand watching Lily for some reason.

Unknowner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Unknowner »

I really love Anna's blog and channel - I can never afford what she recommends, but I think she is so chic and professional. What annoys me is how much Lily copies her! Anna started doing the seasonal style posts, a month later, Lily starts doing seasonal style posts. They have identical blog schedules and even identical features. Not sure who copied who on this, but it really annoys me. Anyone agree?

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Honestly, I think they are both as bad as each other. :D
Anna just sends me to sleep. A glimpse of personality would be nice to see sometimes. A lot of these gurus now just morph into each other it seems. They are all sent the same stuff and present it in the same way, with the same opinions.
I also struggle to take beauty advice from someone like Anna who always looks so disheveled all the time. Not saying she needs to be groomed to the max, but a brush through her hair wouldn't go amiss. She doesn't have a "just got out of bed" look. It just looks dirty and unclean. :?

missaaa
Learner
Learner

Post by missaaa »

Never noticed she had bad teeth and strange jaw movement til I started reading this thread and now I can't unsee it ahh.

Post by Guest »

I actually like Anna, I think her blog posts are sometimes a bit cringey and as stated before her videos and makeup looks are pretty repetitive and samey but overall I think she's a good beauty guru. I would never spend as much as she does on the things she does but I do find it interesting to watch. As for her & Lily if I was Anna I would be so annoyed at her. Everything she does Lily does a few weeks later, she needs to tell her to fuck off and get her own ideas. You can see Anna puts way more effort into being a blogger than Lily does. Lily seems to only be about the perks so she can tweet & instagram it all.

And have you seen Anna's latest giveaway. Considering most of the giveaways I've seen lately have been down right stingy I was really impressed that she's giving away as much as she is.

cutebitsx
Learner
Learner

Post by cutebitsx »

I like Anna. She's possibly my favorite blogger out there.
I think Anna is really unique, and most of the other bloggers copy her.
She started the "edit" she started the instagram posts on sunday, etc.
I think she has a lot of knowledge on a lot of the products she uses.
She's very private and if you notice out of all of the bloggers on YT/Blogger, Anna is the only one
who people rarely have a fit with.

The only thing that annoys me is her writing at times but no one is perfect so
Lilly copied Anna's new blog set up too- she's so annoying..
I would be annoyed, too.

Return to “The Anna Edit”