ViviannaDoesMakeup

lipstickunicorn
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by lipstickunicorn »

I watched her latest vlog and it wasn't that bad, she is like the sweetest girl next door and her relationship with Mark seems boring but adorable. Some people are just like that, happy to stay at home and hang out together.

Maybe Anna is just not very good at vlogging. Whenever she's with Lily I feel like she doesn't actually want to be on camera. In Lily's latest vlog Anna went over for a mini party but Anna didn't vlog it. I think maybe she is just not a very "on it" vlogger and maybe feel too shy to take her camera out in public to vlog like all these weirdo vloggers holding up and talking into a camera in public.

cestverity
Learner
Learner

Post by cestverity »

I actually think Anna is quite good at vlogging. This past vlog was a poor effort (I think she only did it to satisfy her fans), but in previous vlogs she's done a good job of capturing her week, mundane bits and all, and keeping it interesting.

I'm wondering if she just wants more privacy and prefers not to have viewers looking in on her daily life so much. If I were a Youtuber (I never would be, but still), I would feel very uncomfortable letting random strangers see so much of my life. Granted, she's done it before, but maybe the frequency and the intimacy of the comments started to get to her. Also, I can see Anna wanting to focus on "professional" videos that are well-presented (sometimes scripted) and entirely about beauty. As far as her "career" in makeup goes, those are far more useful to her, even if the vlogs are better loved by her fans.

I'm in that awkward spot where I could completely understand if she weren't comfortable doing vlogs anymore. If I were her, I probably wouldn't want to do them! But at the same time, as a viewer, I crave her vlogs!!! The beauty videos just aren't cutting it anymore. I'm THIS close to unsubscribing. If only she had a separate vlog channel, so that I could only get alerts about those. I can't watch another bland "makeup menu" or lying-through-my-teeth ad. So boring!

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

tbh I'm kinda pondering their financial situation right now. Anna is definitely a homebody, but there were a few things mentioned in the latest vlog about about wanting to save money, and usually they always seem to have a 'date night' during the wee where as here they went to the park. Not saying they're poor, but she has mentioned about moving soon over the past few months in videos so I wonder maybe the lack of activity is down to the fact they're buying/bought a house?

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Ima i would guess that they are very comfortable as regards money. Mark i'd say has a very good job and Anna is raking it in like most of the bigger Youtubers are at present. I think they are the type of people who 'mind' their money and spend it carefully. I would think that most of Annas beauty products are PR samples but she is not adverse to spending a few bob on very expensive products (all tax deductible of course). I think Cestverity is right and Anna doesn't really want us to see what is going on in her private life but she knows that without vlogging she might struggle with gaining subscribers. If she did a separate vlog channel i think her beauty channel would struggle.
Anna is a nice girl but i can't think of one thing that i purchased after watching her review it. I have to say i loved Anna when she was in her bedroom at her home in Brighton, she was fun and i thought when she moved to London it would be the making of her. Perhaps if she wasn't living with Mark and had been with single girls her own age things might have been different.

saks10111
Learner
Learner

Post by saks10111 »

She uses the phrase "pussied out" in her newest blog post....?! What is with her being the most boring, goody 2 shoes person alive and then randomly using phrases like "cocktease" and "pussied out"?! It's so weird and unnerving haha and very cringey too, like your older relative trying to stay 'hip' or something!

eoz831
Informer
Informer

Post by eoz831 »

Yeah and the more annoying thing is she says it then giggles embarrassingly

blipbloop
Learner
Learner

Post by blipbloop »

Idk just because you live in London doesn't make you less of a homebody/introvert, which she clearly is. I do think they are very careful and pragmatic with their finances and are probably saving up for a nice flat or house. I mean honestly, Anna doesn't really come off as a super career woman, she has mentioned that her dream is to just be a stay at home mom and it looks like that's the kind of life they're probably working towards.

Anonymity
Learner
Learner

Post by Anonymity »

I unsubscribed the other day. And honestly, I'm gutted. I loved Anna's videos for years and I have bought so many things because of her recommendation. So many of her videos are in my favourites.

Lately she's just been lacking. The videos are lacklustre and she has cut down to two videos and no vlogs, yet uses the excuse that "she wants to focus on beauty videos". Then why did you cut down to two videos a week?! The vlogs could have stayed! It was the last straw for me. I unfollowed her blog as well because I simply don't trust her recommendations any more. She always used to reply to tweets too, now I never get replies. I know she is gaining a bigger following but it's just a slap in the face to ignore people consistently even though they have been a regular tweeter for years. I just don't feel like her heart is in it any more!

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

obvithrowaway wrote:I honestly just hate watch her.
Same. She looked very unattractive in her boring April favourites video. She needs to learn to contour that football head. Unflattering bad hair, and bad teeth (are they getting worse??!!)

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

anyone who fangirls over anyone as pretentious as caroline hirons is a dummy in my book.

paperflowers
Informer
Informer

Post by paperflowers »

whoawhoawhoa wrote:anyone who fangirls over anyone as pretentious as caroline hirons is a dummy in my book.
Caroline just recommends expensive products as if the more expensive they are, the better, which isn't necessarily true. And doesn't seem to know that essential oils and fragrance are bad for your skin. But then again, most people don't, it seems.

integrityisdead
Learner
Learner

Post by integrityisdead »

I've finally made an account after literally years of lurking and i would have never guessed that my first post would be on this section... i used to (like many of you probably) adore anna and suck in every new thing she posted, be it video or blog. but now i haven't read her blog in over a year and have also recently unsubscribed from her channel. i still hate-watch though. aside from her shadiness, which is a whole other issue that is just irritating, i just find her so lacking...in charisma especially which used to be her strong point and in skills which is painfully obvious. i mean, did you see her blush application in her april favorites video? the ripe peach? you could literally (and i am using the word correctly) not see a difference and she was joking about "piling it on" with that stupid giggle of hers. what is the point, anna? it's painfully obvious that she is just in it for the money / career aspect without having any wisdom to impart on the topic of beauty
Please don't let greedy,shallow beauty gurus make you buy animal-tested products.Choose compassion:Anastasia,Hourglass,elf,Milani, Jordana,Real Techniques,Essence,Catrice, Josie Maran,ZOYA,China Glaze,Orly,W'nW,Physician's Formula,Too Faced etc

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

integrityisdead wrote:I've finally made an account after literally years of lurking and i would have never guessed that my first post would be on this section... i used to (like many of you probably) adore anna and suck in every new thing she posted, be it video or blog. but now i haven't read her blog in over a year and have also recently unsubscribed from her channel. i still hate-watch though. aside from her shadiness, which is a whole other issue that is just irritating, i just find her so lacking...in charisma especially which used to be her strong point and in skills which is painfully obvious. i mean, did you see her blush application in her april favorites video? the ripe peach? you could literally (and i am using the word correctly) not see a difference and she was joking about "piling it on" with that stupid giggle of hers. what is the point, anna? it's painfully obvious that she is just in it for the money / career aspect without having any wisdom to impart on the topic of beauty
I'm so with you. It makes me sad because I like Anna on a personality level (she's one of those YouTubers I watch and think, "I feel like I could be friends with her") and find her pleasant and calming to watch, but without the vlogs it's now so clear how little effort she's putting in and how disinterested she is in creating good content. It's funny—she often says her real passion is her blog rather than YouTube. If that's true it's sad since her videos, even at this current nadir, are 1000x better than her shoddily-written blog. (Really, would it kill her to proofread?!) I'll admit I still somewhat enjoy watching her videos, though that's increasingly difficult since the quality is dropping so drastically—I really have to keep my expectations low and consider them mindless amusement, haha. But yeah, she seems to have completely lost the drive to create interesting content. Makes me nostalgic for her older videos back at her parents' house, when she was just such an adorable nerd over makeup. It actually makes me a little sad for her because it seems like all the joy has been sucked out of her work on YouTube ever since it became her full-time (I mean, you know, as much as one can consider posting two videos a week "full-time") job.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Just watching back her old videos

look at her eyeshadow there! It's perfect and nicely blended! What happened? Why did she go for all these horrible red shades?

toulouse1
Learner
Learner

Post by toulouse1 »

Some of those blushes in her latest post have NEVER been mentioned or used in a video. The clinique and max factor one? She's talked about Tarte Exposed quit a lot but now Tipsy is her favorite? It doesn't really matter, she can use a shit load of blush but you can never tell she's wearing any. That post gave me a headache with all the long sentences.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I am also in the camp that used to watch Anna regularly. I stopped ages before she started vlogging, but I always was happy for her success from afar. I think the BF is hot as hell, even though I only ever see him in screencaps and saw one video they did together over a year ago. What does he do for a living?

Her latest beauty vids are lackluster. I just watched the last two and they are OK, but she doesn't seem to have much enthusiasm anymore, which is understandable. How long can anyone ramble about lip gloss? Idk how any of these girls do this for years as their main task!

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

I believe he's in construction/contracting. It was mentioned in a vlog a few months ago. They didn't get very specific, but I assume he's in some sort of managerial or business-side position.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

^ I found his facebook once (I have a few mutual friends with Anna because we're from the same uni) and he did cicvil engineering so I imagine you aren't far off thatsranuculus.

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer

Post by whereicomefrom »

I still watch Anna and haven't unsubscribed yet, but I definitely don't wait excitedly for videos like I used too not that long ago. I still trust her opinion on certain products, mainly those that I don't see popping up at the sime time on every other blog or products she's been using a long time. I've gotten a lot of wonderful products based off of her recommendations (MAC Patisserie & Peach Blossom, Louis Young Super Foundation Brush, Rimmel Match Perfection Nude...) and still when I look into buying a product I always check if she's ever written about it. But yes, it's not the same anymore. I hope she realizes this soon.

coudes
Learner
Learner

Post by coudes »

does anyone know where her leather jacket is from? i've tried to look if she's mentioned it before but can't seem to find anything.

Return to “The Anna Edit”