PostpartumPentland and her PearlyWhirlyGirly part 15

tiffanyatbreakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PostpartumPentland and her PearlyWhirlyGirly part 15

Post by tiffanyatbreakfast »

I remember back when her and Matt were fairly recently split, her moaning in a vlog about having to mow the bloody lawn herself for the first time and finding it hard work. :roll: We haven’t forgotten how codependent you are Louise...

I think what’s sad is that in her desperation to not look bothered about marriage, she’s ensured Liam will never pop the Q. It would look ridiculous if he did now, as she’d have to completely backtrack.

I can’t even bring myself to watch the video, she is so cringeworthy.

JHA
Learner
Learner

Post by JHA »

Even though I agree that marriage traditions can be pretty unequal, I couldn't sit through this video knowing what was gonna be at the end of it. If this would've simply been a video about why Louise was uncomfortable with the premises of marriage, then I would've been all for it, but she actually got engaged to herself. I can't wrap my head around it. Skipped forward to the "ceremony" and I'm speechless. Has she gone off the deep end?

Like someone said a few posts up: does she have to be so damn extra all the time? Surely there are other ways of preaching self love and independence than this? But people seem to be eating it up in the comment section so what do I know..

smudger
Talker
Talker

Post by smudger »

Apologies for the oversimplification, but what I've taken from this video is that a rich woman has bought herself a piece of expensive jewellery, then tacked on a pseudo-feminist message because #relatable. Baffling.

idk2
Informer
Informer

Post by idk2 »

Thats the ugliest ring I've ever seen. She clearly only got it because of the 'Mother of Pearl' name. Because obvs thats a sign and enough justification for Louise to get married to herself! Honestly sometimes she really irritates me because she acts so immature and childlike and then other times I find her so engaging and sweet? I just wonder how her life being broadcast on the internet must be for Liam as everyone he works with must know of her now seeing as she frequents him at work a lot, I know I would have a nose around and google her name if she said she was an internet influencer. What they must be thinking...

harz12
Learner
Learner

Post by harz12 »

Never realised Liam has been divorced too

Post by Guest »

xXBeckyXx wrote:I love the ring, but I would not spend 4K on it, more like £10 from accessorize.
omg I had no idea her ring is Cartier! I honestly thought it was some random accessorize ring... I also thought it kinda looked like a plastic toy ring lol.

Edit: I watched the video and basically it just sounds like she doesn't want to get married again in fear of divorce, but still wants to have a pretty ring on her finger. No shame in that. I love engagement rings but my god, the reasoning that she came up with is such bs.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HaleyBoBailey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HaleyBoBailey »

I really like the ring, but would have never guessed it was Cartier. It reminds me of something from the trendy eclectic, indie jewelry companies I follow on Instagram. Nothing wrong with that, but I know I’ve seen very similar rings for a tenth of the price she paid for hers. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bella Ella
Talker
Talker

Post by Bella Ella »

I don't get It.
It's not divorce that sucks, it's a meaningful relationship ending. Not getting married won't protect you from pain.

I'm not buying any of it. It's almost like she desperately wants (needs) the validation of being proposed too, it hasn't happens so now there is this whole face saving self proposal crap.
And all through that video she did her usual of having a really strong view, but then back tracking and saying the opposite view is fine too. Strong independent woman who can't fully own her opinions because she needs to be appealing to the brands she sells herself to.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Bella Ella wrote:I don't get It.
It's not divorce that sucks, it's a meaningful relationship ending. Not getting married won't protect you from pain.

I'm not buying any of it. It's almost like she desperately wants (needs) the validation of being proposed too, it hasn't happens so now there is this whole face saving self proposal crap.
And all through that video she did her usual of having a really strong view, but then back tracking and saying the opposite view is fine too. Strong independent woman who can't fully own her opinions because she needs to be appealing to the brands she sells herself to.
That's exactly what it is. If they're just as committed as a married couple, the breakup, if it happens, will definitely be just as painful.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

ifucsam wrote:

That's exactly what it is. If they're just as committed as a married couple, the breakup, if it happens, will definitely be just as painful.
Exactly exactly exactly. Isn’t it obvious ? She’s so ridiculous sometimes.

ejmc
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ejmc »

Yes relationships ending sucks but divorce also sucks. You have split assets, can spend months arguing over things, pay for lawyers, it can be more complicate for children and it's very finite. Divorce can often add insult to injury in terms of pain.

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

I agree, she contradicted herself and seems she got tired of telling people that she would love a ring from Liam (when he probably didn't even get the memo that she was waiting for a ring with her always going on about not wanting to get married again). She mentioned that "when I was married the first time" which makes it seem like she is waiting for a "second time".
Also, her justifying the ring as her being the mother of Pearl - does she just keep forgetting she has Darcy? (ed: she did manage to mention Darcy at some point)

And finally, has she ever stopped to think why every experience seems to turn negative for her? (she had an awful childhood as she has mentioned, w/o ever really going into detail.. she had a bad experience with Darcy's birth.. she had a bad divorce.. She seems like the person who waits for everyone else around her to make experiences good for her. If that ring makes her put some effort in for herself, then good on her)

ed: Although, to me, this just makes her seem like a knob, especially since Matt and Devon got engaged. (and after watching her video my impression just got worse).

teaintoronto
Debater
Debater

Post by teaintoronto »

smudger wrote:Apologies for the oversimplification, but what I've taken from this video is that a rich woman has bought herself a piece of expensive jewellery, then tacked on a pseudo-feminist message because #relatable. Baffling.

Don't forget, she also used International Women's Day as an excuse to make a big show out of it. Why draw attention to serious feminist issues when you can indulge in some narcissistic self-adoration instead and sell it as "the ultimate act of self-love"? :barf: UN Change Ambassador my arse!

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

'divorce is not for me' don't think anyone really sets out to marry with the intention of divorcing, louise, but you do you

Secretadmirer
Informer
Informer

Post by Secretadmirer »

Her video about getting engaged to herself was she most confusing video I’ve ever watched.
She contradicts herself constantly about wanting to be engaged/married and not wanting to be.

I see nothing wrong with her treating herself to a nice ring but I don’t get the whole thing with making a big deal about ‘being engaged to herself’

I feel like she’s either making a sly dig at Matt who recently got engaged again and/or at Liam because he’s also divorced and not very keen on getting married again. That might not be the case at all but she just comes across as bitter about something in that video!

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Ok, I was cringing throughout the ENTIRE video. I have so so so many thoughts on this I don't know if I can type them all.

1. You don't like waiting around for men to propose? You do the proposing. Easy. It's 2018.
2. You don't like women walking around with a "symbol that you've been marked by a man", yet you wore the rings when you were married and now bought an engagement ring for yourself, which people will think that you are in fact...engaged, and "marked by a man", wtf kind of logic is this
3. Men and women definitely have the choice of whether of not they want to wear rings. It's not the fucking law that you have to wear a ring. I know quite a few couples who are married and don't wear rings.
4. You also don't have to change your name. Again, you have the freaking choice. No one is forced to do it.

I don't understand her making a big deal with this. No one cares if she's married or not. Breaking up with him vs. divorcing is the same amount of pain imo. It's just more technical if it's a divorce but it's still a (once) loving relationship ending. Also, what if he actually wants to propose at some point?

How is this about women empowerment? I don't see the correlation here at all. She is one of the most codependent people I've ever come across. She was a serial dater as soon as she was divorced. She had a baby with a man after knowing him a few months. She falls apart when he's not around. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but don't dub yourself this strong independent don't-need-no-man-I-pushed-the-baby-out-therefore-I'm-the-shit. You can be a strong woman but have your flaws and RECOGNIZE them.

Last thing. "Divorce is not for me"??????????? Who thinks divorce IS FOR THEM? No one is giddy about getting a divorce. It's like saying "break ups are not for me", "getting the flu is not for me", "getting fired is not for me". This woman I swear. She contradicted herself in this video more times than I can count. She just seems utterly bitter about so many different things.

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

I was interested in her thoughts but then the video got weird lol. She normally uses feminism to justify being needy and a bit of a pain, now it's to buy jewellery? Like you can buy yourself rings if you want, that shouldn't be a big realisation aha

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

From that video I got the impression that she is desperate for Liam to propose, she without a doubt does want to marry him. She can pretend all she wants, she has a pretence to keep up but it’s transparent.

-forgetmenot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by -forgetmenot »

I feel these kind of moves cause us to take quite a few steps back in terms of equality and empowerment...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HelloCrazyGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by HelloCrazyGirl »

I don't watch her videos, but her video on feminism popped up on the front page on YouTube today and it was an awful video! "Some people are dicks on feminism" no honey, you're a dick on feminism!

Return to “Louise Pentland”