Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KA$HANI 'fake lips, new tits, bf splits' Grimmond Part 5

Post by Mini-Creature »

summer8105 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:02 pm
and sorry for the double post guys but what the actual fuck is this lmao??? where does she get off thinking anyone would pay $120 for that!! like yeahnahmate said its the most ratchet thing I've ever seen, the purple wig does her no favours
WTF you can barely see the jacket. The wig as well. so cheap and ratchet looking.

starfire
Informer
Informer

Post by starfire »

Can you guys imagine being put in a position like she is in and screwing it up? All you have to do is stick to a consistent uploading/posting schedule, spend a couple of hours brainstorming every week for new video ideas, remain relatable and genuine to your audience (by realising who your audience are and what they want from you) and not slap your name on cash-grabs. While not everyone can be an influencer because it does take a certain type of person who looks a certain way to gain a following, once you're there and established, all you need to do is listen to your audience and put in the work.

The reason why people loved her so much in the beginning was because she was a naturally gorgeous shy, gangly girl who was a little awkward and a little too honest. It was like getting recommendations from your pretty friend who was cluey about fashion and makeup trends. The reason why all of these social influencers work so well as marketing tools is because people trust their opinions, believe in their honesty about products/trends and because people most importantly feel a personal connection with them. Everything that made Shani popular in the first place has completely disappeared. Who can feel a personal connection with the vapid, cosmetically enhanced beyond recognition spoiled girl who constantly complains about how hard her life is when she gets money for essentially staying at home all day?

So, why would anyone want to watch Shani Grimmond's videos anymore? You know that when she recommends something, she does it for the pay cheque, not because she actually believes in the brand or the quality of the product. You know that when she addresses things in a Q&A, she completely disregards any rumours or allegations and blatantly lies to paint herself in a better light. You know that when she loses a friend or a partner, she will always consistently make herself out to be the victim when there is a pattern of her being a perpetrator and evidence of her screwing over one of her oldest and closest friends. You know that when she posts a makeup look or a look book, it will likely be unwearable for the average person and uninspired and/or unoriginal because it is a means to an end to keep gaining followers, views and collecting sponsorship money. Nothing about her is remarkable or original anymore and unfortunately the people around her are not sincere enough friends to give her the kick up the ass that she needs to turn her career around. I think that it is inevitable that she will soon fade into obscurity and blame extenuating factors when really, the true cause of the death of her career is herself and her inability to put in any work and the fact that she has become thoroughly disingenuous and has grown into a superficial, thoroughly unlikeable person who is so far from that fresh-faced teen that everyone grew to love.

I highly doubt that at this point she will be able to salvage her career. All she could do now is stop taking sponsorship money for a while, start making videos she's actually passionate about which are actually relatable to her audience and come out with a Q&A which admits that she has been a dick and which opens up honestly about what has been going on with her and which addresses all of the rumours openly. Even then, there is no guarantee that her channel wouldn't die because she has become unlikeable now and even her most staunch supporters have mostly given up on her. While this is all of her own making, I can't help but feel somewhat sorry for her because she has singlehandedly destroyed such a fantastic career over about a year or so and through a few bad business decisions. It is not enough to do less than the bare minimum when your career is based upon effectively influencing people on social media and I'm sure that she is about to find that out soon.

starfire
Informer
Informer

Post by starfire »

Sorry for double post, but do you guys think that there is any feasible way for her to save her career at this point, or do you think she is too far gone? If so, what does she need to do and how can she turn this shit-show around? What would you do if you were in her position?

x0x0gossipgorl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by x0x0gossipgorl »

starfire wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:14 am
Sorry for double post, but do you guys think that there is any feasible way for her to save her career at this point, or do you think she is too far gone? If so, what does she need to do and how can she turn this shit-show around? What would you do if you were in her position?
honestly, i think that if she does make a q&a addressing all the rumours and everything as you said, as well as start putting more effort and genuine interest into her content then that would be a great start. it would show that she is listening to what her subscribers want and would give people who no longer support her a chance to hear everything and decide whether or not to continue following her — and even if they don’t, then that’s their decision and at least she’s cleared the air i guess?
i really don’t see any of this happening anytime soon and maybe you guys don’t agree, but if she started to put in real effort and personality into her videos i personally would at least TRY to get through a whole video — which is something i haven’t been able to do in so long. BUT in saying that, her side of the story for all the rumours going around could also be a huge factor in determining if people are going to continue following her if they are as bad as people are saying.

aus_gossipxo
Talker
Talker

Post by aus_gossipxo »

starfire wrote:
I've basically followed her from day 1 and I think Shani's too far gone, she's with that shitty zooz management and her social circle seems really toxic. She doesn't care if she puts out an overpriced shitty product she most likely had someone else design. It's all just easy $$ and she doesn't have the self awareness or brain cells to wake up anytime soon.

EDIT:
https://www.babyboofashion.com/collecti ... t-mushroom

if you look at the first pic you can see where they've edited her booty to make it look bigger... Seriously Babyboo? Honestly they should be sued for that uninspired Yeezy rip off.

youtrippin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by youtrippin »

She has tanned herself so much she looks like a completely different ethnicity.

TallLemonade
Learner
Learner

Post by TallLemonade »

starfire wrote:
I’ve watched her since the Shaun days and I just don’t feel like she’s changed the concept behind her videos since then. Other youtubers put so much more effort into their videos, she literally sits down and either does a boring makeup tutorial which no one is interested in or some form of sponsored video which she’s been doing for the past god knows how many years. What’s different now is that it’s so much more forced and unauthentic that it just makes me feel like I’m watching a qvc advert. I personally prefer vlog/real life videos to sit down videos cos I find them more interesting to watch and you see their personalities more.

If Shani came clean in a video and admitted her mistakes, spoke about her and Chloe honestly as well as apologising for her recent poor content and cash grabbing activities I would give her a second chance. That’s only if she then became fully transparent, reduced the sponsored post and content whilst clearly declaring them at the start of videos. But by her just referring to criticism as “hate” and not addressing anything is just turning me off her completely to the point where I can’t stand her and hope her career fails.

witheverybeat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by witheverybeat »

starfire wrote:
I’ve been watching Shani since she lived at home with her mum. And this year i’ve completely unfollowed her on every thing. I really can’t stand anything about her anymore and I use to adore her. For me if she tried to “change” it would all seem fake and forced so she can get people to like her again. She’s just become shallow and there’s nothing to her anymore. Just another empty headed person, that only thinks about money plus the way chloe got treated and how shani let micheal bully chloe, that was disgusting.

summer8105
Learner
Learner

Post by summer8105 »

starfire wrote:
I think one element of her career dying is that she hasn't evolved. Her makeup style is outdated, like 2016 'instagram makeup', but the new 'instagram makeup' style is far fresher and more natural (at least from what I've seen). Bella Fiori is a good example of an Aussie beauty guru who has understood and adapted to this. Her baby boo line is another example of how her style is basic and revolves around which brands are sending her free clothes or sponsoring her. She brings absolutely no creativity or originality to the table. She isn't someone who introduces new trends, only follows them. If she put more effort into her job (being on top of trends, creating fresh content) It would help her a lot.

When she first began youtube there were few others in Australia doing the same. She filled a niche market and was basically in the right place at the right term in terms of her career - it was when social media really started to boom. There were far fewer Australia 'insta models' back then too. Now both markets are absolutely saturated. There are dozens of other Australian girls who does her job a lot better than she does. She needs to find a way to stand out amongst all these other people to stop her audience from leaving.

Another huge thing is I think her social group is damaging for her. When she first started it was just her and Chloe, they were both normal and likeable enough. Now she is surrounded by all these hanger ons - Lily, Michael, Rahnee etc. and together they make up a group who don't seem like nice, relatable people, but people who think they are better than others and would judge you. They seem highly disingenuous together and are all in it to boost each others career. If I were her, I would focus less on this group of fake social climbers and put in effort to rejuvenate and recoup her friendship with Chloe.

Ultimately, I think its basically inevitable that her career would die off eventually, as it does to everyone. Lauren Curtis was the most popular beauty guru in Australia for a few years, now she struggles to pull 100k views. But I think she has changed so much for the worse that she has sped the process up. No matter how much she tries to salvage her career (who knows if she even does, she's probably too lazy to) it won't be the same as what it was in her peak.

d4865
Talker
Talker

Post by d4865 »

starfire wrote:
I think personally she would have to be very sincere for a while for me to even think about following her again. After what she did to Chloe I’m actually disgusted by her you know Chloe was her bestfriend since the younger days and for her to ditch her like that and then post shit about her and then mock her just wasn’t okay. She’s too money hungry and it gets to a point where you notice that. And so many others have begun to notice it.

It’ll be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out. Mitchell, Chloe, Steph and Laura are all involved in this What is Shade thing that Mitchell has set up with Gerry and Shane Warnes son Jackson which seems like an Australian Team 10 situation and Chloe, Mitch’s popularity will only rise more. Zooz will be shaking in their shoes watching what’s about to happen. Her Babyboo launch didn’t sell out. Chloe’s active wear sold out 96% within 4 minutes. Nothing of Shanis has ever got this close.

Mldw255
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Mldw255 »

CHLOE FOR THE WIN ❗️❗️❗️❗️

essy18
Learner
Learner

Post by essy18 »

Standard Shani, birthday post for Tommy.... and you can’t even see his face ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LikeAbutterfly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LikeAbutterfly »

No but You can see her that is the most important part isn’t it?

jennarose
Debater
Debater

Post by jennarose »

What the fuck is she wearing? That honestly looks like something you’d wear to bed? Like hun, no.

JuStoNeOFthEBoyS
Stalker
Stalker

Post by JuStoNeOFthEBoyS »

Did anyone else notice the text similarity’s between her custom iPhone case and the szep logo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

__natt
Learner
Learner

Post by __natt »

and yet she’s the one deleting all neg comments and critisim 😂
🎶“why the fuck you lying... why you always lying mmm omg stop fucking lying” 🎶
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LikeAbutterfly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LikeAbutterfly »

I had to laugh when I saw her Snapchat about the baby boo drop saying “if you guys don’t like the clothes it’s ok you don’t have to buy them”

That’s a line that no one should really have to announce to their followers just as a new collection has dropped

It’s a definite opposite to Chloes szep drops where she sold out in minutes and her website crashed multiple times

gamergirl
Debater
Debater

Post by gamergirl »

NEW THREAD

viewtopic.php?f=589&t=35757
can someone change the name to part 6 and close this one?

gfunkcera
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gfunkcera »

starfire wrote:
I have followed her for a few years now. I'm 27 so a bit older that her usual demographic. I'm not into make up and don't really watch make up tutorials but I was drawn to her authenticity. It was great seeing this beautiful happy young girl, who was so funny and just didn't take her self too seriously. It started going south for me when the lips got done (don't get me wrong I know that it is fairly common now and it isn't my place to judge) but the care free 'I don't care about what others think I'm just genuinely me' quality of her content changed. I stayed subbed though because she was still a good laugh to watch and I enjoyed her videos. But then the boobs got done and I was just like wow okay. I know there is the argument that 'if it makes you feel good then do it' but it went against what I like about her. I liked that she was a bit different and weird and seemed to be comfortable in her (beautiful!!) body - that is so rare these days. I'm not against boob jobs - Skye Wheatly and her many surgeries I don't bat an eye lid because she's always been all about that but for Shani I thought she was different. I think it is the harder route to rise above all that instagram pressure to change your body - I wish she had tried harder to learn to accept the body she was in. I decided to unfollow her insta account and youtube channel as I just couldn't relate anymore.

Also seeing her and her friends behaviour in Bali was just tragic. I know a lot of you ladies on here have mentioned she is just a glorified bogan and it really showed in Bali. Aussies that just go over there and behave like the place is a fucking night club the whole time are just embarrassing. Not respecting other cultures and countries is just gross - its 2019 luv.

I think for Shani moving forward she needs to evolve her content - get a point of view that is authentic to her. No athletic wear - that isn't her. No cheap clothing deals. Something that relates to her. I've seen in so many of her videos people requesting that she use only 'no testing on animals' products or at least addresses that and I think that would be a great angle to work from. She has all these gorgeous dogs and seems to love animals if she could start using only 'animal' friendly make up or partner with a animal friendly brand and become an ambassador that would be a great angle. And also stick with it. She gets these ideas of what she wants to be and then does one video like "my daily workout" - like some on luv you don't work out so what even is this content.
She needs some type of purpose - the same lets get drunk and act like fools thing is getting old. Her subscribers are growing up and she needs to grow with them.

Return to “Shani Grimmond”