Jim is Pathetic

olivia85
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jim is Pathetic

Post by olivia85 »

I was never subscribed to Alfie and I think I've never watched one of his videos if not collabs, and I'm still subscribed to Tan but I don't think that's going to last.
English is not my first language, so bear with me.

muysi
Informer
Informer

Post by muysi »

So apparently the show Jim will be a part of is a new show called Viral Tap, on ITV2. A quick google search says that it's a panel type show, where the hosts (Caroline Flack and Matt Richardson) comment on them and pick out favourites. Makes sense to have a YTer on it I guess. He's not a host/panellist though, I would imagine he does a quick intro for the videos or something similar.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I think Matt Richardson was with them in Warner Bros park last summer and asked them the questions in the UK v US quiz? Big step for Jim. I always find it funny how these websites describe the Youtubers 'Internet megastar' not how I would describe Jim!

Post by Guest »

ribbonsandbowsox wrote:I don't agree at all. Yes, I do think Jim sometimes refers to Tanya a bit too much in his videos, however, he has his own fanbase, based at men. Jim is different to other male vloggers on youtube as he does a mixture of advice, fashion and comedy, whereas a lot of the other male vloggers are all just about comedy and travel and showing off their food. Also, Jim isn't going to want to ride off Tanya and his sisters success in makeup, when he wants to attract a male audience.

I think Jim is cute and very unique, and not a lot of male vloggers take his approach on youtube.
Advice & Comedy ...two things Jim shouldn't be doing. You're comedic for even thinking he's 'unique',there is absolutely nothing unique about this guy.

The difference between Jim and other vloggers out there is they know what they're selling, they have a set criteria to meet/build on. Jim on the other hand is dibble-dabbling ,he doesn't know where he sits ,he throws out whatever makes him the most cash these days. He may have started on fashion,but he sure as hell isn't there today, and nowhere near it. His videos consists of; tags (mainly with other people - or the gleam-team people), a few 'vlogs', promotional videos and that's about it. In terms of bringing things to the table, he doesn't bring a whole lot. If I wanted someone to represent my product regarding a teen audience, regardless the gender I wouldn't be approaching this manchild. The other men and I say men as there are far more men on youtube than 'guys' these days, is they may have started out in their set criteria ,and they have strayed a little from it, but they're still within their boundaries. Jim isn't, and never will be again. He's tarnished (*no pun intended) ,and sadly he can't get back to the I'm here to feature fashion and 'male skincare' (not that he ever did a good job on the skincare).

I would accept him purely as a vlogger these days and the odd tag video to bump his sub count, but nothing more. You're fooling yourself if you think he jumps outside those zones!

xerneas
Stalker
Stalker

Post by xerneas »

him and his posse of youtubers are all rather annoying

maddoxxi
Learner
Learner

Post by maddoxxi »

ribbonsandbowsox wrote:I don't agree at all. Yes, I do think Jim sometimes refers to Tanya a bit too much in his videos, however, he has his own fanbase, based at men. Jim is different to other male vloggers on youtube as he does a mixture of advice, fashion and comedy, whereas a lot of the other male vloggers are all just about comedy and travel and showing off their food. Also, Jim isn't going to want to ride off Tanya and his sisters success in makeup, when he wants to attract a male audience.

I think Jim is cute and very unique, and not a lot of male vloggers take his approach on youtube.
I can't decide if this is Tanya or, even more pathetically, Jim himself.

chanellove
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by chanellove »

I don't think that Jim uses his sisters 'fame' at all, not maliciously anyway..
Would Jim be as popular without Tanya and his sisters cross promotion? Almost certainly not.
But you cant penalise him for making the most of a good situation. I'm sure many would do the same in his position. He was dealt a good hand by the YouTube Gods and he's just doing what he can to create his own identity on Youtube which is difficult when such significant and present people in your life have such a large online presence..

JCAH2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JCAH2013 »

I used to like Jim but his new voice is driving me MAD!!! Why does he want to sound like a girl? And from the fuss he made about all his auditions for this TV show I would've thought he'd be the presenter.

Katuk1980
Talker
Talker

Post by Katuk1980 »

I always find with Jim when he's vlogging he's all hyper and ott but when you see him in the background of other peoples vlogs he looks quiet and awkward and even out of place. It's all a show with him. Also I agree about the presenting job, he proper hyped it up but it'll be some shit no one can be arsed watching.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Agree with the above. Although I guess he's excited about the job because it's the first "proper job" he's really had since giving up his masters for youtube I guess. He wants to be a presenter so suppose he maybe thinks this is him finally going somewhere instead of sitting in his man shed talking about his penis to teenage girls? :?
Also have to say that I really noticed how fed up and bored he looked in everybodys vlogs from playlist. He's built up this hyper fake youtube persona, and honestly I just don't think it's him at all. Its so far removed from the guy we saw in his videos a couple of years ago?
I don't think he's enjoying the youtube life very much anymore.

Katuk1980
Talker
Talker

Post by Katuk1980 »

Spot on ^ :D

bootygahroos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bootygahroos »

Have you guys seen his video with his sister Sam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev8vREs8_PA? He is not very good at spelling...

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Haha yeah. Also, something about sam rubs me the wrong way. Im not subscribed to the pixiwoos but whenever i see her in someones video or vlog i just get really bad vibes from her.

Post by Guest »

Fairycake wrote:Haha yeah. Also, something about sam rubs me the wrong way. Im not subscribed to the pixiwoos but whenever i see her in someones video or vlog i just get really bad vibes from her.
I get the same vibe. Bitch vibe, but not the playful kind :? I prefer Nic over the two. I'm not subbed to any of them. If I remember i'll check out their vids when i'm bored. I saw Jims one with her ...he seemed more himself like the old him but then again it was a tag video.

It's funny ,the title of this thread really has become Jim!!! :lol:

catknowswhat

Post by catknowswhat »

Nothing worse than a person who cannot spell "definitely"... now he can really fit in with all his tween followings as they will have even more in common

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

Not a fan of her general attitude either, I remember her being kinda rude and edgy in some of the replies she sent to comments. The overly exaggerated sexy faces crack me up.

wxnderlust
Lurker
Lurker

Post by wxnderlust »

just for anyone who wanted to know:
I watched 'viral tap' on itv2 the other night - the programme jim is doing some 'presenting' in. I knew he was hyping the whole thing up but I didn't actually realise by how much. He spoke for around about two minutes. He has his own tiny segment and he basically introduces his internet hero of the week - then they play the clip. He wasn't even on the panel but apparently he will be next week he said on twitter. So I don't know if he will only be on the panel for one week + his segment and thats it or be on the panel for the whole time - which I doubt but possibly?!

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I'm hoping for his sake this show is some kind of stepping stone for him into what he wants to do with his life.
I didn't see the show but it sounds pretty much like what I expected it to be.
I feel kind of sad that at one time (a good few years ago now) I felt like Jim really had a lot of potential and seemed set to maybe do something a little more intelligent with his life. I don't totally blame him for the choices he has made. He's been surrounded by youtube people for a good while now who I guess validate what he does. He's also clearly making good money - for now. I really wonder what kind of longevity he can have though. If his presenting gig doesn't work out, I feel like he's just going to be riding on Tanya's popularity, however long that lasts. :?

Post by Guest »

Nin wrote:I'm hoping for his sake this show is some kind of stepping stone for him into what he wants to do with his life.
I didn't see the show but it sounds pretty much like what I expected it to be.
I feel kind of sad that at one time (a good few years ago now) I felt like Jim really had a lot of potential and seemed set to maybe do something a little more intelligent with his life. I don't totally blame him for the choices he has made. He's been surrounded by youtube people for a good while now who I guess validate what he does. He's also clearly making good money - for now. I really wonder what kind of longevity he can have though. If his presenting gig doesn't work out, I feel like he's just going to be riding on Tanya's popularity, however long that lasts. :?
I too hope this. I often wonder if he'll go back and finish his degree at some stage ,maybe then he'd do okay for something to fall back on,for when the day comes when youtube no longer provides his income. I honestly do not think he's as into the whole youtube crap as he used to be. Perhaps it's because he isn't where he expected and feels pressured to continue? I mean his entire family is within the youtube thingy, well besides his twin who makes the majority of his income from his gym!! but you know what I mean. I'd like to think he is behind closed doors pursuing his fallen career for psychology just so he has that to fall back on. Of all the gleamers i'd really hate to see Jim end up shit creek without his paddle!

Roseandsunset
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Roseandsunset »

I cannot believe he also has Tanya's little brother in his video... I can understand that it might be fun for a child to be in a video but he's exactly that a child. I don't think they should be "pimping" (for loss of a better word) him out for Gleam Media !

Return to “Tanya Burr”