Please report MissGlamorrazi's plastic surgery video

bfosberg
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why is this video of Ingrid's so despised?

Post by bfosberg »

naila10 wrote:
bfosberg wrote:I'm watching the video that's the topic of this thread, and I'm still trying to understand the amount of backlash created by Ingrid's video. This isn't the first time I've watched this video, and even now the second time around watching it I don't see what the problem is. From my perspective, the plastic surgery section of the video is purely Ingrid expressing her opinion and trying to start a positive conversation about an infamously taboo subject. How is she encouraging girls to get plastic surgery?

I agree, I watched the video and I don't seem to understand what all the backlash is about. Plastic surgery is a personal choice and if people are arguing that young teenagers are watching her then, let's be real, kids can't afford it - and their parents would have to be really shitty to allow their young ones to get plastic surgery if that is allowed? (not sure since i'm not from the us/europe where laws there are laws for such things!)

If older people are watching the video and decide they want plastic surgery, what's the harm. They are adults and should be allowed to choose.
Thank you! Maybe it's because I'm not one to automatically pinpoint ulterior motives and the dark side (if there is one) of people's actions, but I don't think Ingrid ever had any intention of coming off as though she were encouraging girls/people in general to go under the knife. Not once in the video does she say that everyone should get work done (she said that if you have something about your body you can't stand, you should educate yourself about cosmetic surgery so that you understand what it entails). I think that part of the video was her honest opinion on the subject, and in regard to the doctor, I think people are too quick to assume the worst. The way in which she met the doctor will never be known (since none of us were there when it happened, I assume) but I think everything Ingrid talked about happened organically-- as in, the two were discussing his profession (Ingrid mentioned she picked his brain because she was very curious about it all) and came to the organic idea of hosting a Q&A session to really help educate people (because let's be real: 75% of what most people know about plastic surgery comes from "The Real Housewives" franchise and news reports about surgeries gone bad at the hands of malpracticing doctors.) I'm going to briefly address the unavoidable, "Doctors are in it for the money!" comments: DUH. It's no secret doctors (plastic surgeons, especially) make a LOT of money. That is, of course, a reason why doctors do what they do, but the majority of doctors do what they do because they LOVE HELPING PEOPLE AND IMPROVING LIVES.

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Please report MissGlamorrazi's plastic surgery video

Post by PinkPhoenix »

Wow, you guys aren't getting the point. The main factor wasn't the weird suggestion of plastic surgery to girls, (We all know the parents would never allow that.) and the fact that they'd do it, it was the fact that once Ingrid suggested this there were dozens of comments and twitter posts about how girls were second guessing their beauty, and wanted to change themselves however they could. Some of the posts made me want to cry, theres nothing wrong with plastic surgery but no 12 year old girl should wonder if she needs it to be beautiful because their idol suggested it. Even if the parent would never allow it, these things can be HARSH on someone's self esteem. If I had seen that video at age 12, you bet your ass I would have been researching nose jobs and whatnot and wishing I was more beautiful.

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

Also, I completely understand the franchise of plastic surgery and how it isn't all those fake, gross celebrities you see in the "plastic surgery gone bad" section of the tabloids. Plastic surgery could be fixing a broken nose, or even help reassign a face after a horrific accident. Plastic surgery has a a lot of fantastic uses, and I have nothing against even botox or whatnot. What I have against this video is the outcome, Ingrid got little girls (Unintentionally, I'm not saying she did this on purpose.) to ask a man if their noses were okay, if they're bodies were okay, and that just rubbed me the wrong way.

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

Also, to the people above, good job at not reading the post nor what this post was about really. Almost all of us never said anything about plastic surgery being wrong, the whole damn 13 pages of this almost all talking about how we don't want little kids self esteem to become low just because ingrid said its okay to look into plastic surgery. If her age base was high school or above, that'd be fine. But it isn't. It's mainly pre-teens and slightly above. What they get out of it? Isn't what you and me get out of it. They get the words "Maybe you should look into it" even if Ingrid didn't say it. They're curious. Their parents aren't going to allow it, no. But its another addition to the girls who are looking at photoshopped girls on magazines and wondering why they aren't as perfect as them.

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

TLDR; Please read all the pages and understand the damn concept before you go ahead and bash it.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

PinkPhoenix wrote:TLDR; Please read all the pages and understand the damn concept before you go ahead and bash it.
THANK YOU! All of your posts said everything I wanted to say! (Just couldn't articulate it properly)

Post by Guest »

Cheshire_Cat03 wrote:
PinkPhoenix wrote:TLDR; Please read all the pages and understand the damn concept before you go ahead and bash it.
THANK YOU! All of your posts said everything I wanted to say! (Just couldn't articulate it properly)
Hi Ingrid!! Or possibly Big Frame!

Bumble B
Informer
Informer

Post by Bumble B »

I understand why it bothers you guys that little kids are looking up plastic surgery, and I don't feel like arguing the reasons I disagree with a lot of things in this post, but I do think that the petition and everything else were a little over the top.

bfosberg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bfosberg »

PinkPhoenix wrote:Also, I completely understand the franchise of plastic surgery and how it isn't all those fake, gross celebrities you see in the "plastic surgery gone bad" section of the tabloids. Plastic surgery could be fixing a broken nose, or even help reassign a face after a horrific accident. Plastic surgery has a a lot of fantastic uses, and I have nothing against even botox or whatnot. What I have against this video is the outcome, Ingrid got little girls (Unintentionally, I'm not saying she did this on purpose.) to ask a man if their noses were okay, if they're bodies were okay, and that just rubbed me the wrong way.
I wasn't trying to bash the subject or any of you guys; I was trying to defend Ingrid after reading some really nasty comments that attacked her character and accused her of actively promoting plastic surgery to tweens. Believe me, I fully understand the implications of what she talked about, and I'm sure you would agree that it would've been best for her to have left that part out of her video. All girls are beautiful, and no 12-year-old should ever have to question her self-worth. I can totally relate to what you said--that if someone told me about plastic surgery at 12, I would've probably jumped on it.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

Becca6779 wrote:
Cheshire_Cat03 wrote:
Hi Ingrid!! Or possibly Big Frame!
... What? What? Why would Ingrid or Bigframe be trying to point out what was WRONG with Ingrid's video?

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

Bumble B wrote:I understand why it bothers you guys that little kids are looking up plastic surgery, and I don't feel like arguing the reasons I disagree with a lot of things in this post, but I do think that the petition and everything else were a little over the top.
All we really did was report the video and have a measly little petition, its not like we rioted at her house or something.

RainySundays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RainySundays »

Okay, like others have said, the people defending this video are totally missing the point. I actually still like Ingrid, so I'm saying this as a fan not a hater. This video was totally sponsored and that is the part of the problem. My husband was across the room from me and really has no clue about YT, Ingrid or her trillion other sponsorships. He heard the video and asked if she was getting paid to promote the guy, because it sounded like and ad. I think if parents sign a form youngsters can get plastic surgery, at least in the US. I'm not sure how young the age cutoff is, but I know if you are under 18 it can be done (I think, not 100% sure). That is the problem so many people have with this video. Maybe Ingrid didn't mean it to come across the way it did, but still as soon as people were uncomfortable with it, she should have taken it down or made a video saying what her actual intentions were. Not the confusing mess that ended up being this video.

Tl;Dr: it was an ad, Ingrid was basically telling her 12 year old fans plastic surgery is OK. at twelve you should not be thinking about it, research and decide when you are an adult after you have grown and went through puberty. That is the problem, that is what Ingrid failed to say.

Rising_Star1et
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Rising_Star1et »

I can't stand Ingrid because I just find her annoying, shallow, ect. But let's be real, if preteens aren't hearing about plastic surgery from a youtube star, they're hearing about it other places. Whole shows are dedicated to it on TV. Even shows that aren't centered on it address it. My SCHOOL taught us about it for years; for COSMETIC reasons. I'm terrified of surgery (and very distrustful of doctors) so I don't think I would ever do it (though once I lose more weight, we'll see how bad my skin is then I might reconsider). It's just the world that we live in where it's a topic that's out there, kids are going to be exposed to it one way or another, and to attack someone for putting it out where kids could get to it is stupid because if not from youtube, they'll get it from somewhere else.

Carol123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Carol123 »

These videos are rubbish and weird :O

Gynecomastia Houston

Carol123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Carol123 »

This thread is now going to be annoying. 13 pages to read are you kidding.

earmuffal
Learner
Learner

Post by earmuffal »

gosh she looks so horrible without makeup. The pigmentation around her eyes...wth

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Carol123 wrote:This thread is now going to be annoying. 13 pages to read are you kidding.
Please report the video!
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

realistic_dreamer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by realistic_dreamer »

Why is this video still on youtube? They are really doing everything to get their money..

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Every single time a kid hears plastic surgery is acceptable and a light decision, they start to believe it more and override their hesitation of gambling their health on an OR for their appearance.

Kids don't HEAR about plastic surgery from her, but they are encouraged to take it lightly by videos like hers.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

DaylightAmy wrote:Every single time a kid hears plastic surgery is acceptable and a light decision, they start to believe it more and override their hesitation of gambling their health on an OR for their appearance.

Kids don't HEAR about plastic surgery from her, but they are encouraged to take it lightly by videos like hers.
I can't believe how irresponsible this ,but at the same time television does the same thing in glorifying things only an adolescence with (very superficial brainpower) and it is regulated as well by the FCC. It promotes and encourages idiocy/superficiality but it doesn't really cause it. Hollywood is all smoke and mirrors but Youtube is now more manufactured than a Made in China good.

I think sooner or later when the corporation that is youtube gets into big shit (and get the wrong type of people angry), then something will be done. It's always after something tragic happens, never before anyway...

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”