Michele1218 General Thread Part 1

MarnieTheMule
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michele1218 General Thread Part 1

Post by MarnieTheMule »

OMG....Can Michele ever do a good review? She is all over the place, cant form a single sentence, explain what the products are, has no clue how the products work and the um's WOW I'd love to see what benefit thinks about this really shitty review. "um...um..yeah, it's a... what are they called? um. yeah a high lighter?, um yeah, no it's a primer" WTF, seriously. This is why Youtube's a joke and seriously Benefit this review not only made me sick, but I would be turned off and really I don't think anyone would buy from your website after this embarrassing display of ignorance and lack of preparation. Youtube the worlds most cheap and shitty advertising.

nail_junkie87
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nail_junkie87 »

her make-up looks like she ran a marathon.
11.30.16 Rebirth <3 You're only as strong as you think you are! <3

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

How can she call the benefit video a review? she hasn't even touched most of the products before filming. The whole three color stick thing looked so BAD and gimmicky, if a drugstore brand did that exact product, no one would buy it. How can anyone think that concept is unique and interesting?

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

JustAnotherHater wrote:How can she call the benefit video a review? she hasn't even touched most of the products before filming. The whole three color stick thing looked so BAD and gimmicky, if a drugstore brand did that exact product, no one would buy it. How can anyone think that concept is unique and interesting?
Michele doesn't seem to have the best command of the English language. I find she often mis-uses words and doesn't use them in the right context. I wouldn't be surprised if she meant to say the video was an 'overview' of the Benefit products rather than 'review'. She does this quite often when she is talking in her videos.

Lorena
Informer
Informer

Post by Lorena »

that's what i thought. how can she review something she hasn't used? i would call it a first impressions video or something...

zaza
Lurker
Lurker

Post by zaza »

MakeupLover wrote:
JustAnotherHater wrote:How can she call the benefit video a review? she hasn't even touched most of the products before filming. The whole three color stick thing looked so BAD and gimmicky, if a drugstore brand did that exact product, no one would buy it. How can anyone think that concept is unique and interesting?
Michele doesn't seem to have the best command of the English language. I find she often mis-uses words and doesn't use them in the right context. I wouldn't be surprised if she meant to say the video was an 'overview' of the Benefit products rather than 'review'. She does this quite often when she is talking in her videos.
Yes! She used to constantly use the word "infamous" for products. She did not comprehend the meaning of the word. My guess is she thought it meant really famous not famous for something bad. Seriously, she's dumb. Can't believe she makes a living selling things to people.

gossiperrr
Stalker
Stalker

Post by gossiperrr »

One of the things that bothers me the most is how Michele prides herself of not having dark circles and how she only uses concealer for brightening, when her under eye area is clearly very dark. Just take her latest "Get ready with me" video as an example:

Sure Michele, you clearly don't have dark circles. ;) hahaha.

daisy
Talker
Talker

Post by daisy »

Just messy. She never, ever gets it right. She should stay away from the dark lipsticks, they make her lips shrink and those pouches around her mouth more noticeable.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

I'm not saying that Sigma is the greatest company ever but her last review of their products was so negative. If I were Sigma, I'd cut her off, and not send her any more products! She jumped to some severe conclusions before even inspecting or trying the products.

mariahpiper
Talker
Talker

Post by mariahpiper »

I am actually glad that, for once, someone critiques the brand rather than unrealistically rave about it ALL THE TIME. I am honestly not interested in Sigma, so this video was a bit of an eh.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

I like honest videos too. It just seems like she was trying too hard to critique the products before even swatching them or looking at the amount etc. It was just a vibe I got that she was trying to be this bad ass reviewer.

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

I'm all for honest reviews as well but that first impressions thing was a mess. I hate that she's so sloppy about everything.

And I'm always annoyed when someone negatively reviews a product because it's not a color match. HELLO! That has nothing to do with product performance! And I'm all for her trying a lighter brow powder. It may tone down her extreme eye brows.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

maluca wrote:I'm all for honest reviews as well but that first impressions thing was a mess. I hate that she's so sloppy about everything.

And I'm always annoyed when someone negatively reviews a product because it's not a color match. HELLO! That has nothing to do with product performance! And I'm all for her trying a lighter brow powder. It may tone down her extreme eye brows.
She's not open to change at all. I bet if everyone stopped telling her to tone down the brows she would do it and act like SHE decided on her own that her eyebrows were too in your face.

I don't know if you can get Sigma in the UK but from what I've heard/found you can't so I wasn't really all that interested.
I cringed when she was trying to say that the pink eyeshadow in beware had an 'aurora borealis effect.' Really Michele? Does she even know what an aurora borealis is? I didn't see that AT ALL and I've looked at a few swatches online of it and it just looks like a shimmery pink. That eyeshadow looks nothing like the northern lights.

Beachbum75
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Beachbum75 »

This is my first post here...I enjoy the site so much because I do watch gurus on YT all the time and enjoy quite a lot of them, however...this one (and many others) gets under my freakin' skin. I cringe just looking at her. I don't want to be mean and I don't know her from Adam, but she seems like a complete total bitch! She is not all that attractive for one thing and she comes across as a snobby little know it all that doesn't appreciate a single thing she owns. I've heard her bring up her wedding in so many of her videos. I hate to think what she was like on her wedding day.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I absolutely love honest reviews, but it did seem like Michele WANTED to dislike the products for some reason or another. It felt like Sigma was doomed to receive a negative review before she even opened the package! She's pretty much a high-end girl, so maybe she feels like Sigma makeup is below her...even though she makes a commission from selling the stuff. Guess we can say one thing- she sure wasn't trying to boost her affiliate revenue with this video!

MarnieTheMule
Informer
Informer

Post by MarnieTheMule »

I always felt she had this secret vendetta towards other gurus from youtube. If you asked her about certain ones she act like she didn't know who you were talking about. LMAO Kinda funny how her review turned out to be so negative just when Sigma started making palettes for certain guru's....She never mentions other guru's unless they have less subscribers or they're kissing her ass i.e. friends like MrsGoldGirl etc. I think she believes should be around the same subscriber base, that some of the other bigger gurus have. Getting all the perks like her own crappy palette but because she's such a bitch it only holds her back.

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

I like her honest review on sigma.

If I had the main mrs sigma girl advertising my name for me, talking to me almost everyday, giving me free gifts from Henri bendel and other places, plugin my YouTube channel, if someone has a sigma question ask tiffanyd is their answer, allowing me to have my own palette and just because drag me along with your company as the spoke person, I WOULD KISS THEIR BUTTS LIKE TIFFANY LEE DENNY AND SAY EVERYTHING IS GREAT AND LOOKS GREAT JUST BECAUSE IM A YOUTUBE SIGMA GIRL. I remember when Tiffany was in love with coastal scent products hahaha.

MarnieTheMule
Informer
Informer

Post by MarnieTheMule »

She still is. That's where shit-ma gets there products from, china, just like good ol' coastal scents. I'm still in shock over their ridiculous mark up in prices. 11 bucks for an eye shadow??? The hell I would pay that price I do agree with Michele on one thing sigmas batshit prices. I rather go to Dior or Chanel and still play less for a palette 60 bucks who do they think they are????

daisy
Talker
Talker

Post by daisy »

MarnieTheMule wrote:She still is. That's where shit-ma gets there products from, china, just like good ol' coastal scents. I'm still in shock over their ridiculous mark up in prices. 11 bucks for an eye shadow??? The hell I would pay that price I do agree with Michele on one thing sigmas batshit prices. I rather go to Dior or Chanel and still play less for a palette 60 bucks who do they think they are????
I went pass the Sigma store this morning, it was empty..to be fair it is Monday and it was early. They had a big sign promoting their "skunks" starting at $16. It seemed poorly lit and dull. It's 2 doors down from Mac(that's where I was going) and across from Sephora.(went there too) I'm just not impressed with their stuff. It will be interesting to see how it goes for them in that spot.

daisy
Talker
Talker

Post by daisy »

TaintedHeart wrote:One thing that irritates me about her is when she first starts up a video she's fussing with the products she's going to talk about that are in front of her. It's like you can't get set up before you hit the record button? So the first few seconds are of her looking down and arranging the products. TiffanyD1 does the same exact thing. Get your sh*t together and then hit record!
If you haven't seen the latest video..take a deep breath, it will drive you nuts..she's fumbling around and unprepared yet..again.

Return to “michele1218”