LoserCurtis - SnapChat Rants and Pj Parties 24/7 | Part 7

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LoserCurtis - SnapChat Rants and Pj Parties 24/7 | Part 7

Post by KCxo »

This thread is pretty much dead (much like Lauren’s career and personality) but I thought I’d hop on and point out how miserable she looks in her thumbnail for her Zaful clothing haul.

Jeez girl.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

Lauren is just from a different beauty era. The 2009-2014 ''beauty guru'' era. Her makeup is still a bit stuck in that time too. She doesn't fit with today's social media beauty influencer image and she's now in her mid 20's. I can see her quitting soon.

Not too mention the effects of this beauty guru stuff on her mental health. You all can see reading through the threads on her that she has psychological problems and obsessional anxiety about her appearance. Perhaps even body dysmorphism. She wanted to be ''perfect'' but could never live up to her standard. She was an average looking girl from a modest background who wanted to become this ''bombshell''. It's evident she had rhinoplasty, facial fillers, porcelain veneers, lip injections, breast implants and I believe liposuction. Shame, shame, shame.

Oh Lauren, maybe it's time to get to know yourself not this manufactured image of false perfection.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

white trash sparkles wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:52 pm
Lauren is just from a different beauty era. The 2009-2014 ''beauty guru'' era. Her makeup is still a bit stuck in that time too. She doesn't fit with today's social media beauty influencer image and she's now in her mid 20's. I can see her quitting soon.

Not too mention the effects of this beauty guru stuff on her mental health. You all can see reading through the threads on her that she has psychological problems and obsessional anxiety about her appearance. Perhaps even body dysmorphism. She wanted to be ''perfect'' but could never live up to her standard. She was an average looking girl from a modest background who wanted to become this ''bombshell''. It's evident she had rhinoplasty, facial fillers, porcelain veneers, lip injections, breast implants and I believe liposuction. Shame, shame, shame.

Oh Lauren, maybe it's time to get to know yourself not this manufactured image of false perfection.

You're exactly right. So much has changed over the last few years, wth new youtubers coming in or just people's lifestyle.

I've noticed some form of mental illness problems with fulltime youtubers too. It can't be healthy to spend all day everyday at home filming yourself, receiving negative feedback and so on. Lauren struggles to leave the house and is in her pjs most days.

I do wonder what she's going to do when this does eventually come to an end. I've wondered this before, how set for life is she? Does she ever have to work again in outside employment aka a job that requires her to leave the house and answer to someone else?

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

Also back in 2013 Lauren's ''look'' was one of the most glamorous on youtube (for that time) now many girls look much better than her especially with the ''glow up'' stuff these days. You have naturally beautiful girls taking it a step further these days to be on point. Lauren's appeal was her glamour, not her makeup skills or personality. But again, she's just another fish in the pond now. She looks like nothing more than a well groomed, average looking woman with a bit of plastic surgery. Unremarkable.

Paint_me_bitch
Talker
Talker

Post by Paint_me_bitch »

I thought it was weird she posted a clubbing makeup throwback video, then about 5-10 minutes in she says it’s in conjunction with the new Charlie’s Angels movie and how empowering the movie is :roll:

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Paint_me_bitch wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:20 am
I thought it was weird she posted a clubbing makeup throwback video, then about 5-10 minutes in she says it’s in conjunction with the new Charlie’s Angels movie and how empowering the movie is :roll:
As if Lauren would leave her house and go to the movies!

I do think Lauren has had her day too. I can't help but not compare her to Chloe Morello, who I think has had more of the spotlight then Lauren? And I don't even follow Chloe, it's just from what I've seen of her makeup collabs, Face Halo and so on. Sure Lauren has her pjs and loungewear line, but that's hardly taken off.

Mixedbaby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mixedbaby »

What in the hell?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ytholol
Learner
Learner

Post by ytholol »

Mixedbaby wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:14 am
What in the hell?
That face looking a lil stiff and overfilled 😬
Just out here looking like a desperate-to-stay-young 45 year old cougar who likes to her 22 year old college boys

ivana abramovich
Debater
Debater

Post by ivana abramovich »

Mixedbaby wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:14 am
What in the hell?
the lashes have got to go! I won't even comment on the overdone lip fillers since everyone and their grandma seems to have them nowadays

sv895678
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sv895678 »

Seeing all of these OG beauty gurus with their crazy lip fillers and puffy faces is so sad! I wish Lauren would lay off the lip fillers... they’re ageing her. She was so cute back in the day!

trashtalking101
Debater
Debater

Post by trashtalking101 »

She's had a few posts posted where she had a full face of makeup on and I came to say that her "talent" and technique is stuck in 2011-2013 and you guys beat me to it already haha. It's just sad that she was considered a"beauty guru" and she still does the same look over and over again. trends in makeup evolve and as a influencer in the makeup market she should've kept up but she is just plain old lazy. I mean its the same look over and over again and I don't know her followers don't call her out. Classic Loz look: exaggerated winged liner that goes so far into her inner eye corner it nearly touches the bridge of her nose, orange/bronzey eyeshadow, filling in eyebrows and making the tail of the eyebrow reallyyyyyyy long, dense spidery red cherry lashes, an orange hairline and a poorly overlined nude lip, BUT if you're lucky and loz is feeling bold and creative she'll change the nude lip to a red lip.

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

She posted a podcast with Karissa Pukas and they talk about their fallout. GG is mentioned. It's interesting.

shadowlemon
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shadowlemon »

She has a new podcast episode with Reece, I actually quite enjoyed it and found Reece nice to listen to.

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

I really like Lauren. She’s unproblematic and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I don’t know why she gets so much crap here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mi-ya
Debater
Debater

Post by mi-ya »

i’ve not watched lauren for a while because she’s super fucking boring. Her skims review kept popping up on my recommended, so i thought i may as well watch it- if you haven’t, don’t bother. She spends the entire video talking about her own company, and droning on about irrelevant shit.

wildxfox
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wildxfox »

dearactually wrote:I really like Lauren. She’s unproblematic and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I don’t know why she gets so much crap here.

She’s just boring. She hasn’t done anything new or exciting in literal years - ever since she left Sydney. She lives a fairly simple life which is nice to see but everything about her is dull - even her stupid holidays to Bali 23 times a year. She’s got the money and means to travel the world but she chooses to sit in a villa in the same place over and over again. I don’t get it.

LordTrolldemort
Learner
Learner

Post by LordTrolldemort »

dearactually wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:35 pm
I really like Lauren. She’s unproblematic and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I don’t know why she gets so much crap here.

Look, I like Lauren too. She’s one of the first you tubers I followed about 6 or 7 years ago that I still follow (I unsubscribed for a bit though). I think she seems like a genuinely nice, caring person.

But...

For me personally, her squeezing herself into extremely tight fast fashion every week is just so very DULL to me as content. It usually takes me about 2 or 3 goes to get through her videos this past year. But other people like fashion reviews so 🤷‍♀️ what can ya do.

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

She’s another cookie cutter You Tuber. Another clothing haul from fast fashion brands in 3, 2, 1......
Typo’s Happen :tu:

BookishBarbie
Learner
Learner

Post by BookishBarbie »

I’ve always liked her too but I’ll also say I haven’t watched her in awhile. Everything she posts is very similar.
She seems like an very sweet girl but she hasn’t evolved in a way for YouTube.
My tears are nonexistent, help!

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KCxo »

Wow, I can’t believe how downhill everything has went for her. 3.4 million followers and barely scraping 100k views on most of her videos. I always did find her quite bland, no personality etc but she was popular at the time so I stayed subscribed. Seems now that everything is her/her bf or a haul. No inspiration left in her anymore. She’s basically an IG’er now.

Return to “Lauren Curtis”