[Settled] Lawsuit With Ultra Records

Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MICHELLE PHAN SUED!

Post by 1873 »

I've always wondered if YT shows favoritism of "big" youtubers who seem to always get away with using copyrighted material. That could have seriously implications for YT if the recording label decides to go after them because they make 1/2 of Michelle's profits from views.

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

amuto_lover wrote:Do any of you guys think dom will flee soon :D
I doubt it. She's gonna be all "My boo is so supportive ILY BOO"

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

RabbieWingz wrote:
amuto_lover wrote:Do any of you guys think dom will flee soon :D
I doubt it. She's gonna be all "My boo is so supportive ILY BOO"
But Michelle can't be his sugar mama anymore who's going to give him his monthly allowance ?

Epic811
Informer
Informer

Post by Epic811 »

I bet it going to go down a little like this with dom:

Michinny sitting in thr living room of her L.A. home, stuffing her face with a pillow and facing a pile of letters and her macpro with a tab of her bank account. As she tries and ask why this is happening, she looks over with concern brows to see dom slowly moving his way to the door with a bag full of fancy technology michelle got for free. He has been caught

Chinny *sniff* where are you going, boo?
Dom: uh...well,(with his stupid accent) we are over. Bye, bitch!
And ran out the door.

Lol.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

1873 wrote:I've always wondered if YT shows favoritism of "big" youtubers who seem to always get away with using copyrighted material. That could have seriously implications for YT if the recording label decides to go after them because they make 1/2 of Michelle's profits from views.
I agree I would love an explanation from YouTube on why YouTube never picked up on Michelle breaking the terms and agreements.people who don't make profit are always being targeted by losing their channels and having the audio removed meanwhile Bethany Mota includes one direction, Demi lovato and paramore songs
in her videos

Epic811
Informer
Informer

Post by Epic811 »

So, I just checked hee twitter. That idiot swoozie, tweeted:
@MichellePhan - they want 'ALL'???? LOL yeah I think it's safe to say you got this boo. pic.twitter.com/anZjLqMZ7n
1:36pm - 19 Jul 14

Here is what she has to say.
An adventure time meme that says, getdafuckout You crazy.

Clearly, it hasnt sunk in or shes just in denial to the fact that she can lose most of her money. She way too up her ass.

I would post screenshot, but im moblie and halfway across the world lol.

XTITANIAX
Debater
Debater

Post by XTITANIAX »

Epic811 wrote:So, I just checked hee twitter. That idiot swoozie, tweeted:
@MichellePhan - they want 'ALL'???? LOL yeah I think it's safe to say you got this boo. pic.twitter.com/anZjLqMZ7n
1:36pm - 19 Jul 14
YES I JUST SAW THIS TOO!!!!! (Massive fan of swoozie over here, never understood why he hangs out with MP still) / but let's not talk about him.

My opinion on the entire lawsuit thing is that Mish will still somehow find a way to get herself out of this shit. Idk but it's just a gut feeling that I have. She is well established enough to manage to get away even if it means she might have to pay a huge sum of $$$. I doubt the impact might NOT be as bad as what we think it will be, I bet there must be someone out there who will be gullible enough to help her get out of this mess.

LucyBubble
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyBubble »

Saw this on my FB news feed because a friend of mine posted it. Her comments were just the same as Michelle's phans on how the label is only targeting her because she has more money now and that the labels are being greedy even though Michelle has helped their music sales by using the music. LOL!

But she's had "more money" for the last 3 years now. They could have gotten her even then. I only assume that they are going after her now because she failed to comply to whatever claims they filed against her. And as big as she is on youtube, she still isn't a household name. If no claims were filed against her before, I think maybe someone pointed out her videos to the label specifically.

These copyright comments by her minions are hilarious! I can just imagine all of them uploading videos on there with copyrighted music and it's totally ok because big time Michelle does it too and nothing happens because omg she mentioned the artist at the end of the video. That's not how it works, my friends.

Personally for me, I wouldn't bother using music at all and just keep the viewers entertained with what I have to say. It's such a headache to deal with licenses and such.

Anson Avels
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Anson Avels »

I wonder if others will be drawn to the honeypot (aka the talentless hack Michin) for other liberties she's overstepped and taken advantage of. When they get wind of how much they choose to settle for (out of court or not) others will start gathering the notes to make their cases against her other business ventures like Em.

Also, if she went to a prominent art school for even a little while, didn't they teach her the basics of how copyrighted, creative material can and can't be used? :| She's long proven she's terrible at business and now this just seals the deal that she's not worthy of the paper that honorary degree was printed on.

Personally I'm glad the record companies (and Prince) are stepping up.

Souleste
Talker
Talker

Post by Souleste »

Woah, just heard this news today.
To be honest, copyright law is bullshit. And reading through this board made me cringe a bit seeing people jump with joy over someone's misfortune. I agree in that karma needs to hit Michelle in the face one day, but not this way. What is 150k gunna do to her, honestly? She can earn that back in a month or less. I don't want her to lose everything like some of you fantasize. And even if she does, what is that going to teach her? She'll just become a bitter hermit. Even if it 'taints' her name, her blind followers are not going to care, and money mongering companies are still going to partner with her. A copyright in this form is a baby crime, no ones going to repel in disgust over this news, in fact more people would sympathize. If karma hits her, it should be in a way that she actually learns from the cruddy way she operates, only then could she grow as a human fucking being. Like learning to value her family more and to appreciate the Vietnamese beauty she got from her mother, or not to be so dependent on social media attention as a form of happiness.

Also, what happened to our "thanks" count? Haven't been here much.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Souleste wrote:Woah, just heard this news today.
To be honest, copyright law is bullshit. And reading through this board made me cringe a bit seeing people jump with joy over someone's misfortune. I agree in that karma needs to hit Michelle in the face one day, but not this way. What is 150k gunna do to her, honestly? She can earn that back in a month or less. I don't want her to lose everything like some of you fantasize. And even if she does, what is that going to teach her? She'll just become a bitter hermit. Even if it 'taints' her name, her blind followers are not going to care, and money mongering companies are still going to partner with her. A copyright in this form is a baby crime, no ones going to repel in disgust over this news, in fact more people would sympathize. If karma hits her, it should be in a way that she actually learns from the cruddy way she operates, only then could she grow as a human fucking being. Like learning to value her family more and to appreciate the Vietnamese beauty she got from her mother, or not to be so dependent on social media attention as a form of happiness.

At the end of the day it's Michelle's fault she was warned before but still didn't listen, and it's not just 150K they're taking they want all of her money. Michelle is a techy person surely shes aware of copyright she probably got cocky because she's internet famous.
Michelle dug her own grave and lady luck has been on her side for far to long.

NotAZombie

Post by NotAZombie »

Souleste wrote:Woah, just heard this news today.

Karma won't hit on her face just in one blow for all the things she has done. It is going to repay her bits by bits, slowly tearing her down to pieces IF she never learns her lesson. This copyright incident is only a tip of the iceberg. She will eventually face more challenge if she fails to handle her shit, and that is not our doings-- she brought it upon herself.

Plus, consider she comes out from Ringling, she should have known better about copyrights. So much burn on Ringling who offers her the doctorate.

Jasperkitten1
Informer
Informer

Post by Jasperkitten1 »

My two cents on this as I mentioned not being able to monetise third party content. I doubt YouTube allowed her to monetise the video but because she is big she probably gets paid for views likes and comments. Monetised is just ads put on by google. At her level she probably has an external company that sorts her ad revenue by companies paying to be on her page rather then the ad clicks that smaller youtubers get paid by. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds because she will have to declare all the different ways she got paid including if a company sent her products I. Those videos wether she was paid to mention them not just the traditional clicks/view pats. She will also have to give over info about any sponsored links she has in the descriptions!

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

I noticed that Michelle hasn't privatised one of the videos a site used as an example.it was her night life favourites and she used the song 4 am by kaskade.

It's funny that her obsession with Arissa cheo led her to discover bands like kaskade, if she had never heard of Arissa cheo then she might not have been in this situation. It's strange how one small thing can lead to such a huge impact

thegirlfromaus
Talker
Talker

Post by thegirlfromaus »

I'm asking anyone who knows the law better than I, but some YouTubers (usually for comedic effect) use say, 10 seconds of a song in one of their videos. If it's only 10 seconds could they still sue? I'm pretty sure you're allowed to play a certain amount without committing copyright infringement. I have a few favourite YouTubers who I hope haven't broken the law by doing that D:

I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am FREE.

Jasperkitten1
Informer
Informer

Post by Jasperkitten1 »

I wonder if she will counter sue? She deserves royalties based on they got more sales from being in her videos? If that is a stance her defender takes then it could go on for ages until an out of court settlement is made which I have a feeling it may go.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Jasperkitten1 wrote:I wonder if she will counter sue? She deserves royalties based on they got more sales from being in her videos? If that is a stance her defender takes then it could go on for ages until an out of court settlement is made which I have a feeling it may go.
I guess that could be a counter argument but they don't owe Michelle anything and it doesn't really justify what she's done just because their sales has increased doesn't mean they are getting the same amount of money they would have gotten if Michelle had pay'd them In the first place.

NotAZombie

Post by NotAZombie »

^Yeah, that won't be a strong point for her to counter sue because how can she proves that their sales increased because of her?

TinyStar1711
Informer
Informer

Post by TinyStar1711 »

Who is this? o.O "No matter what GG says" *rolls eyes* This is *trash a guru section* and I'm sorry I normall don't take pleasure in these type's of things but you know what, too bad. Michin is getting what she deserves. Karma is a bitch. I don't feel bad for her because she brought it on herself. Michin can catch fire for all I care.

ImageImage

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

Nanane wrote:In all honesty, I think this will just get her more exposure. :rofl:
Exactly what I fear may happen... :?

If she were sued for things she clearly did wrong (bullying, plagiarizing, lying, etc...though I don't think there's legal ramifications for those), people would learn about them and her reputation would be tarnished. If she were sued for something many Youtubers do, people will flock to support her.

Return to “Michelle Phan”