DulceCandy87 General Thread Part 2

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: DulceCandy87 General Thread Part 2

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

I liked it when she was a shopaholic and all, but I stopped losing interest in her when her life had to be so fancy shmancy and keeping up with the jones's and stuff like that. She kept doing sponsored posts where she was more of a spokesperson that actually trying out a product.

I also don't get her branding. I get she can be a cool mom who goes to Coachella in skimpy clothes, but then the next day she's like a mom mom, trying to promote diapers and shit. I mean, you can be versatile, but with Dulce, I just started losing trust in her because she was wherever the money was.

Caribe14
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Caribe14 »

I honestly don't think a lot of the older youtubers thought about what would happen after youtube. So many didnt diversify at all or get with the times.

I think Dulce isolated herself and lost touch with regular life. Im seeing it happening now with "BeautyCrush/SammiMaria". A lot of subscribers just can't relate anymore in comparison to people like Patricia Bright who is really making a name for herself more and more. Like honestly Patricias view count per video is impressive, and it largely has to do with how relatable she still seems and her content. Whereas girls/women like Ducle and Sammi have just become boring and predictable.

Most people started watching her cause she was a strong latina who was into fashion and served in the army. Which was really cool, but then that girl just white washed herself to the point where you didnt see the original reason you started following her. It seemed more like a forced progression than authentic.

@CheerGummyBear I agree, i lost interest when she became all about "keeping up with the Jones's"

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

It all started when she bought a Range Rover :rofl:

speakurdream
Talker
Talker

Post by speakurdream »

sinless wrote:I'm Mexican and I'm considered "white" compared to many other Mexicans but I'm more Mexican than Dulce. This is all in attitude btw. It's in how you act and how you talk. I feel bad because she desperately wants to connect with Hispanics but it's just not there. There's something about her that just doesn't click, maybe it's that she tries to hard and comes off as fake.

She mentioned in a video a while back that her dad still works long hours and how she wishes he could retire or help him retire (something along those lines). Well she has the money to help him, so why hasn't she? In the Mexican culture you help your parents (I'm sure it's like that for everyone, but we take it to another level). I can't help but feel like she could have bought a less expensive house, not spent so much money doing renovations and buying expensive furniture and used that money to help your parents retire. THAT Dulce, is why Mexicans can't relate to you. Because if WE had the money to do the shit you do, OUR parents wouldn't be working.
@sinless

OK I just wanna say that being Mexican is a NATIONALITY like being an American. Mexicans can be white, black, asian or mixed (european/native).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

lotus wrote:It all started when she bought a Range Rover :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That. Also the beginning of the end was when she started having a "team". I cringe even writing that.

Justalkin
Informer
Informer

Post by Justalkin »

Anybody still watching her latest videos? They're in spanish and she quoted in one of them that she was "sooooooo bored" of making videos but that she felt like a whole new person making videos in spanish. She does look happier in spanish videos I guess.

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

Can a mod please make a new thread? I'm not sure how to make one and I thought 40 was the limit of pages. If I'm wrong, never mind, sorry!

I like the idea of her making Spanish videos, but wish she'd make more of an effort to look up what some of the technique names are in Spanish. But to be fair, all Spanish beauty gurus do the same thing.

dailysunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by dailysunshine »

I started from liking her and then liking her being a train wreck with tacky fashion. Then I stopped watching for years.
Just watched couple recent videos and it's boring. At least she has her "thing" being fashion train wreck back in the day, it's quite fun to watch. She's very plain now.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

cherryGummybear wrote:Can a mod please make a new thread? I'm not sure how to make one and I thought 40 was the limit of pages. If I'm wrong, never mind, sorry!

I like the idea of her making Spanish videos, but wish she'd make more of an effort to look up what some of the technique names are in Spanish. But to be fair, all Spanish beauty gurus do the same thing.
Here you go! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=33037

Return to “Dulce Candy”