clothesencounters

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters

Post by cheesecake134 »

emjenc wrote:I just saw her lookbook with shopsosie and she looks wayy shorter than how she portrays herself on camera. The make-up looked nice and the styling was better than her own outfits though.
Yeah, she knows how to manipulate the camera to make herself look taller. She's also pretty leggy to be so tiny, and I think that makes her look taller and leaner than she really is.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Coyote »

She definitely knows her angles. Seeing the Shopsosie images I couldn't help but think, "Is she really that....'wide' all over?"

Snow_angel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Snow_angel »

Coyote wrote:She definitely knows her angles. Seeing the Shopsosie images I couldn't help but think, "Is she really that....'wide' all over?"
She is, even in her Instagram pictures she looks wide. I think it's emphasized because she has barely any torso and is all legs considering she's 5'1 so it's hard to get a defined waist. She definitely knows her angle. That's the reason why I always thought she looked pretty during her talking portions of her video yet not as pretty during the time she showed her outfits.

mamachiita
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mamachiita »

Does anyone know what happened that girl that was basically the other half of the clothesencounters channel from when they were first starting out? This was back when Jenn was not as thin. Did they have a falling out? I always wondered why Jenn was the only one making videos after awhile.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

^ Oh my god, I'm going to try to be nice but just look on her channel. There's a frigging video about it that clearly explains why she's not a part of clothesencounters anymore. Basically, Jenn moved for college and it was really hard filming videos together whenever there was a break. So Sarah decided that it was best to just give Jenn the channel because she was more of the creative brains behind it. Sarah is an engineering major who also work(ed) at American apparel so she doesn't have time for YouTube. They have appeared in vlogs together. There was no falling out.

soundsofsilver
Learner
Learner

Post by soundsofsilver »

Looking at her shopsosie photos....she's too orange and too wide, there's a reason why models are tall...

Snow_angel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Snow_angel »

soundsofsilver wrote:Looking at her shopsosie photos....she's too orange and too wide, there's a reason why models are tall...
And skinny...models are supposed to be like clothes hangers showcasing the clothes. All I see is her widened and how short she looks. She doesn't look good in those pictures at all...

batbanana
Learner
Learner

Post by batbanana »

She looks so weird smiling with her mouth open, although she insist on doing this face. :?

Snow_angel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Snow_angel »

Those blue sunglasses look horrible on her and don't get me started on her hair...in her videos it doesn't look too bad but in those photos...not a good look.

Snow_angel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Snow_angel »

NOT flattering whatsoever!
Also I've realized why she looks better in the speaking portion of her videos. It's because she has a little color from the lighting or something. Otherwise she's really pale, and don't get me wrong, pale skin can be beautiful but Jenn doesn't look good pale. Although it's her natural skin tone it just doesn't look as nice.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

I'm not a fan of her hair color at all. It looks too brassy and washes her out.

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

looks like she's having another "closet sale" I'm tempted to go since I only live like 20 min away just to see what's it like.

Snow_angel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Snow_angel »

idonteven wrote:looks like she's having another "closet sale" I'm tempted to go since I only live like 20 min away just to see what's it like.
I say go and report back to us on her irl persona and how she really looks because she looks different from her own filming to someone else filming her!

soundsofsilver
Learner
Learner

Post by soundsofsilver »

selling her comped clothes again....

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

Can I just say that I HATE when people wear fake glasses? She's NEVER worn that shit before and now she's popping them on? No. As someone who is legally blind without glasses, I just get pissed when I see this shit. If you're gonna do it, wear the frames, but pop the glass out.

And yes, wow, she's SELLING the clothes SHE GOT FOR FREE. Big surprise. She can go f*ck herself. What a sellout bitch.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

... she's mentioned before she usually wears contacts, lol.

I agree that it is tactless to sell close that were gifted to you (on a large scale), but that is just the kind of person she is now. I guess she sees it as part of her YT income, ha.

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

Coyote wrote:Can I just say that I HATE when people wear fake glasses? She's NEVER worn that shit before and now she's popping them on? No. As someone who is legally blind without glasses, I just get pissed when I see this shit. If you're gonna do it, wear the frames, but pop the glass out.

And yes, wow, she's SELLING the clothes SHE GOT FOR FREE. Big surprise. She can go f*ck herself. What a sellout bitch.
Yeah, she's stated before she normally wears contacts. In her 50 facts video she also said her prescription is very bad. I remember in one of her older vlogs too she talks about how thick her glasses lens can get due to her prescription, which is the exact same case as mine so I get where she's coming from. I think on IG she also said she was recovering from an eye infection a couple days ago, hence why she's probably wearing frames instead of contacts.

Wow, it sounds like I follow her religiously, but no, I just have an endless capacity for remembering useless info...lol.

EDIT: I am also curious as to what she's like IRL. I vote for checking it out and reporting back haha.

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

Snow_angel wrote:
idonteven wrote:looks like she's having another "closet sale" I'm tempted to go since I only live like 20 min away just to see what's it like.
I say go and report back to us on her irl persona and how she really looks because she looks different from her own filming to someone else filming her!
Just found out I'll be out of town /: Although I'm sure this won't be the last closet sale she'll be having. I was interested in seeing how much she'd be trying to sell her used clothes though.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

Coyote wrote:Can I just say that I HATE when people wear fake glasses? She's NEVER worn that shit before and now she's popping them on? No. As someone who is legally blind without glasses, I just get pissed when I see this shit. If you're gonna do it, wear the frames, but pop the glass out.

This is actually something probably ALL beauty gurus do with the free products and clothing they are sent from companies. Persian Babe has been spamming her tweeter feed with Posh mart. Being a beauty guru means constantly showing new products and new clothes to keep your viewers interested. These girls are freeing up space in their wardrobe to fit the new clothes and products they will get for free. It's a recycling process.

It's is all about making money. This is business, marketing and branding. Its about showing their viewers the latest trends. More money to pay for the numerous trips they go on, Starbucks and maybe a bit goes to paying on their income taxes. Beauty gurus are saleswomen. Jenn even made so cash on the video ABOUT having the sale.

BTW think about this- a lot of gurus probably take their stuff to consignment shops, donate to charity for tax deductions or sell it anonymously on Ebay. A lot of women who buy expensive designer stuff always sell that stuff to get more designer stuff. All of this is nothing new.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

Eh well, then I stand corrected about the glasses thing. But her wearing them now after all this time seems like just another "quirk" to add to her hipster image.

I know I'm raging about the whole sale thing. I guess it is all recycling but to me it just seems like such a typical sellout move given the knowledge that she rarely does a non-sponsored fashion video. There's no substance to her videos anymore. It's all just "look at me" content. She's turning into a one trick pony with generic taste. Even if what she's doing is marketing. IDK why I'm still watching her. I should do myself a favor and unsub already. I doubt she's gonna change and it really doesn't seems like she's using her YT notoriety to do anything else. It's just her channel and whatever she does on ThePlatform :( :?

/rantover

Return to “Jenn Im”