Susan Yara / Mixed Makeup

EstheticianNguyen
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Susan Yara / Mixed Makeup

Post by EstheticianNguyen »

I always assume she was a beauty editor/ beauty reporter. She really just someone who collect information from others, nothing special. For skincare advice on youtube I learn so much from Nerida Joy she a esthetician. Dr. Shereene Idriss is a cosmetic dermatologist and I prefer her compare to Dr.Dray. She active on IG and she just started a youtube channel. Lab Muffin Beauty Science is also a great channel for skin health. In my opinion get your skincare advice from someone who is license to touch skin and give treatment. Esthetician, Dermatologist,Cosmetic Chemist, Dermatology Nurses, Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor, are your go to! skincare channel like Hyram,beauty within, or James Welsh I would take their info with a grain of salt.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Yea I think she's just worked in beauty in a publication capacity. I feel like she also mentioned working at a spa when she was younger but she was like, the front desk person, she had nothing to do with actually administering procedures.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Lolz just found out she was Miss New Mexico 2004 :roll: :roll: :roll:

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

I’m sick of seeing her videos’ thumbnails where she cringes at other people’s skincare routines! :? Is she even qualified enough to have an opinion on skincare in general?

applecrispy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by applecrispy »

It really annoys me how she says x y and z ingredients are bad and you want to avoid them in your products but then I’ve noticed that if she has a dermatologist sitting next to her in a video and they say that the ingredient is fine she acts all like “oh yeah I knew that. I agree” or she’ll ask questions that she knows shes going to get a specific answer to just to prove that she “knows what shes talking about”. She contradicts herself A LOT.
I always laugh when she says shit like “because of the way its formulated” or “this isnt formulated for your skin” as if shes in the lab and actually knows how things are formulated...
The thing I hate the most though is how condescending she is. Shes always saying “guys, i always say this is what works for me and if it doesnt work for you thats fine” but then she acts like she knows everything and her way is the only way. One of her videos on reacting to a viewers skin care she was constantly saying “omg im so proud of her sounds like she watches my videos”. Really susan? You didnt invent the double cleanse.
Its also cringy how she physically reacts to the skincare videos by nodding her head like shes having a conversation with someone in person and when she makes faces...

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

"Why did they ONLY send me their cleansers? How boring is that? Did they think I was JUST going to use cleanser?"
- from her 2019 faves vid.

Wowww. This is a perfect example of how entitled and unprofessional "influencers" can be...like, just be grateful you got something for free, Susan. And lmao how her assistant had to awkwardly inform her that the brand only makes cleansers. Yup, Susan is such an "expert" at skincare. :?

Post by Guest »

she says the skin doesn't absorb products but doctors say otherwise

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

“Fragrance will sensitize your skin. It could be immediately or over years. But I’m a hypocrite. I’m still going to use fragranced products because it’s a great part of the experience, I will enjoy them and recommend them.” - Susan in the Camila reaction vid

What is Susan’s goal here?! A momentary “good experience” or actually having good skin long-term?

That’s like a Doctor saying: “I know cigarettes are bad for you and there’s research to back that up, but I’m still going to enjoy smoking and I will recommend brands of cigarettes for you to smoke.”

I mean, fair enough if she likes fragrance on a personal level. We all have different skin and preferences. But on a professional level, as someone who gives skincare advice to thousands of people, she can’t just admit she's ignoring research and continue to recommend things just because they’re “fun” to use...yeah, fragrance-free skincare can sometimes be boring, but...being entertained isn’t the main goal of skinCARE. Achieving good/healthy skin is the main goal (having fun with the process is only an added bonus).

lucy70
Learner
Learner

Post by lucy70 »

CheriBeriBem wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:38 am
I’m sick of seeing her videos’ thumbnails where she cringes at other people’s skincare routines! :? Is she even qualified enough to have an opinion on skincare in general?
Exactly! She is not even qualified to be preaching to us about skincare.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Lmao how she's so salty in that "education and background video." She sarcastically was like "people always ask me if I'm qualified", as if it's so insulting...but then she immediately said "I'm not a dermatologist or an esthetician."

She did call herself a "journalist" though (debatable lol) :roll:

sharpie123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sharpie123 »

Her face creeps me out. It's so stiff and puffy. I feel like head looks ginormous and botox isn't helping.

applecrispy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by applecrispy »

I had to unfollow her on instagram too... shes so defensive when someone questions her or disagrees. She has to post it everywhere and puts on this scoffy laughy attitude as if its not that serious to her but yet she needs to make sure you know that she still knows more than you.
Also her videos are just her using words repetitively just to make her sound smart and fill up the video, ie “truly”.
And i quote from her latest video:
“If it smells like that from the get-go, obviously that doesn’t mean that its rancid now you know? But if its disgusting... like it smells like its expired? You guys know what I’m talking about... If its like baaad bad bad..”
Great description Susan... 👌👍

booty booty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by booty booty »

when she finally had her own ‘go to bed with me’ video it was so full of bs her toner is so special and secret that its bottled on a plain plastic thing without any labels and that her special dermatologist friend have her.. getting back to the retinoid game and using an over priced brand for you to use just for a fun warmup and moving on when your face gets used to it.. absolute waste of money her entire channel is a waste of time shes not a licensed derma she even says so herself why are people still listening to her

macnoodle69
Learner
Learner

Post by macnoodle69 »

I'm so over the fact I can't watch any of those 'go to bed with me' videos without the entire comment section being

whAt wOUlD sUsAn SaY

Who the fuck cares

She isn't a dermatologist or even an esthetician. She is someone who has worked closely with them and uses that as a poor crutch to support her opinions as if they are facts.

She's also an absolute hypocrite when she reviews peoples videos - so obvious when she didn't criticise a thing Paris Hilton did and spent the whole video wetting herself about Paris. SMH

macnoodle69
Learner
Learner

Post by macnoodle69 »

Christ. She actually did a video on a skincare routine for HER KIDS.

Does she not only have two? One of which is a baby and the other under 5?

Fuck they don't need a routine. Stop projecting your insecurities.

elspvic
Talker
Talker

Post by elspvic »

Thank god there's a thread on her here.

She's an arrogant egoistic brat. Too dumb to get any qualification and is clearly jealous of other dermatologists. No skill, talent or expertise

Why do people follow these idiots

kalca1
Learner
Learner

Post by kalca1 »

She is so joyless. She has a video on what she would change about her wedding and a video the birth story of her daughter. She said she wished she had botox for her wedding (I think she was in her late 20s then) and that the birth of her second child was "nothing special" because it was a planned C-section. She's also spent a lot of time lamenting how "ugly" her son's cradle cap was. Her priorities are ridiculous.

Also, I don't think her skin care/filler/botox regimen is making her look young. She looks so tired. Her lips are painful looking, and she has discoloration on her cheeks and some wrinkles between her eyebrow.

She'd look and feel much better if she just chilled out! All the procedures and nitpicking are not good.

https://imgur.com/a/8EyMk3m

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

Came here for the Naturium shit-show gossip.
So she's been advertising this awesome new brand (Naturium) that's "better than The Ordinary" for a few months, even giving out a 25% discount code, only to come out and say she co-owned the brand all along.

<- For a rundown.

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

I was subscribed to Mixed Makeup but that ended today. She was getting on my nerves and everything you guys have posted about her so far is correct. I remember when she defended her slug lips in a video which made me think that she must have received comments about how ugly they look. What really got on my nerves was when she had that horrible botox face dermatologist on her channel giving skincare advice to someone they were helping.....I would never take skincare advice from anyone that looked like those two. Her cringy ass faces didn't help either.
One thing I noticed from some of her videos is that her son is very spoiled. She does not discipline him when he acts out and just laughs it off. You start teaching kids the basics (manners, limitations, etc. when they are so young so they don't turn into brats.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

I haven't liked Susan in a long time but that Naturiam scandal was just the tip of the iceberg for me. I'm surprised that not many people are commenting here about. I can't stand her judgemental, resting bitch face she has in every single reaction video and those puffed up lips are not a good look, they just age her. She's so nit picky and critical it's ridiculous.

Return to “P-U”