Sarah "Benjamin Button" Hawkinson General Thread Part 2

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sarah "Benjamin Button" Hawkinson General Thread Part 2

Post by SourBerry »

I have a friend who has an Etsy shop. She does decals, invites, etc. but also works 60 hours a week and has a 1 year old so I guess I view Sarah's wanting to do Etsy again as lazy. I would say that YouTube is more of a job for other YouTubers than her. A lot of her videos she literally just sits down and talks, there's no artsy montage or editing. So it isn't something that takes a long time - i.e. Shane Dawson & his series'. Even Jeffree Star has higher quality videos, manages to put out more than her and run a different business.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

I watched her purge video. I'm sorry, but that is way too many band tees. And she is a mess. I do laundry every week. I mean what in the world does she do that she can't do her laundry? For someone who talks about minimalism, she certainly buys a lot of shit.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

SourBerry wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:48 am
I have a friend who has an Etsy shop. She does decals, invites, etc. but also works 60 hours a week and has a 1 year old so I guess I view Sarah's wanting to do Etsy again as lazy. I would say that YouTube is more of a job for other YouTubers than her. A lot of her videos she literally just sits down and talks, there's no artsy montage or editing. So it isn't something that takes a long time - i.e. Shane Dawson & his series'. Even Jeffree Star has higher quality videos, manages to put out more than her and run a different business.
Thats to say sarah is gonna do etsy properly and be a business owner not someone who just needs a hobby that makes her money
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

Backstreet51
Learner
Learner

Post by Backstreet51 »

SourBerry wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:56 am
I watched her purge video. I'm sorry, but that is way too many band tees. And she is a mess. I do laundry every week. I mean what in the world does she do that she can't do her laundry? For someone who talks about minimalism, she certainly buys a lot of shit.
Yeah I was like WTF at how she had dirty laundry in there for over a year? I'm lazy and hate washing but I would hate for clothes I really like to be sitting there like that so still make sure everything gets done each week. Yuck.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

I just can't with this "Fear of Aging" video. Maybe it would be better if you actually did something with your life. And a procrastination video? Girl, don't even get me started.

Post by Guest »

Interesting that she's listening to Dr. Greger's book on Audible...given that she's said before she won't go vegan.

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

Smashkitten wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Interesting that she's listening to Dr. Greger's book on Audible...given that she's said before she won't go vegan.
I thought she is vegan?

Post by Guest »

She's a vegetarian, unless she's changed that since her reacting to assumptions video.

nursegirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nursegirl123 »

I don't understand her. If you have that much debt get a part time job to help. She barely even puts out videos... so she has the time.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

nursegirl123 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:07 am
I don't understand her. If you have that much debt get a part time job to help. She barely even puts out videos... so she has the time.
How much debt did she say she had? She is horrible with spending so it doesn't surprise me.

meowcatmeow
Learner
Learner

Post by meowcatmeow »

I'm surprised she doesn't try selling more on depop/poshmark, she seems to spend a lot of time thrifting already.

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

She just posted an insta story asking employers for advice on getting a job, as she's not had one for six years. So, I guess she's trying to get a non-youtube job again... I wonder how long it'll last if she lands one. Didn't she have a part time job a couple years ago working for a photographer or something and then she just randomly quit? I wonder if her boyfriend, because they live together now and in her last vlog she mentioned she borrowed money from him to pay off her debt, is giving her a bit of an ultimatum.

it's great to see all her college experience and degrees going to good use.../s

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Ya remember she had a job at one point, didn't seem like it was that long ago, but she quit as it wasn't working out for her.

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

SourBerry wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 am
nursegirl123 wrote:
How much debt did she say she had? She is horrible with spending so it doesn't surprise me.
She didn't give a total, but it was a combo of tax debt, credit card debt and student loan debt. It sounds like she only got the tax debt resolved, and that was only with Ryan helping her.

Even though she only seems to shop at thrift stores, I don't think she realizes that even those purchases can add up to a lot over time, especially with the frequency she seems to shop.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Serapis wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:15 pm
SourBerry wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 am
nursegirl123 wrote:
She didn't give a total, but it was a combo of tax debt, credit card debt and student loan debt. It sounds like she only got the tax debt resolved, and that was only with Ryan helping her.

Even though she only seems to shop at thrift stores, I don't think she realizes that even those purchases can add up to a lot over time, especially with the frequency she seems to shop.
Why did she rack up so much? She lived with her parents for a while if I remember right, didn't move out on her own right away, and moved back in at one point too. She could always settle her credit card debt. I know I had to do that at one point when I was badly off.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

Honestly, it is stuff like her last vlog where she is out there buying stuff for their patio, or stuff for their bathroom in their apartment coupled with her thrifting every damn week. I noticed on Instagram she was asking for advice on getting a job. This is a long time coming because frankly, I think she is lazy.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

smashthebox wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 pm
Ya remember she had a job at one point, didn't seem like it was that long ago, but she quit as it wasn't working out for her.
The ones I remember after her community college job were volunteering at the cat shelter, occasionally working for her mom, her 2 minutes working at that hat place JM worked at, and the month or two she was an assistant. I could be missing something, but I don't think I am because I don't think she has had any job longer than a month.

jennunicorn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jennunicorn »

I get irritated when she talks about not being able to wear certain outfits or do fun things in her town. She lives in a suburb of Sacramento, I live in Sac. There’s plenty of fun things other than going to the one thrift store in sac (freestyle) that she frequents. There’s lots of free or cheap things to do in sac that she could wear any of those outfits she likes and wants to wear and it would be completely appropriate. I think she’d benefit from just getting out and doing her “work” like editing and filming somewhere other than her apartment. There’s numerous “aesthetic” coffee shops she could work at and beautiful places around town to film.
Sorry for the bit of a rant.
Anyone else feel similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backstreet51
Learner
Learner

Post by Backstreet51 »

I remember when I very first started watching her and she was like this cool young "working girl" and did a video on interview/job tips? lol how is it something she doesn't know now? Watch your own damn video

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

Backstreet51 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:24 pm
I remember when I very first started watching her and she was like this cool young "working girl" and did a video on interview/job tips? lol how is it something she doesn't know now? Watch your own damn video
Yes! I loved when she worked at the community college that she met Ryan at. She walked to work a lot and seemed to balance things really well. I think she got really popular with SOME videos and just decided that she could be lazy but that didn't work out.

Return to “P-U”