who should i follow?

nv0514
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 'Gurus' you've unsubscribed to

Post by nv0514 »

Wayne Goss: His 18 second videos just suck. He would give you "tips" that were bullshit and recommend products he has never even used. Is he actually a make up artist?

Desi and Katy: boring

Nikkitutorials: her face scares me

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Post by secretumbrella96 »

Elle and Blair: the fame of being an Internet celebrity has made the majority of their videos sponsored.

straightonedge
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by straightonedge »

lilisimply: hardly ever posts anymore and I'm sure 9 out of 10 videos she posts are sponsored. Relatable personality changed. I could go on but it's all in her forum lol

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

Not really a "beauty" guru. But I've subbed to some "motivational" type channels only to be turned off once the young women started pushing their vegan BS onto viewers. Why are they suddenly all vegan? Is this the next cool thing or something? It's annoying AF. If you're a vegan, good for you. I could never do it. But you do you and I'll do me. But I'll sub to someone I think is pretty awesome only to find a video lambasting omnivores. No thank you. Assholes.

Nais rais
Debater
Debater

Post by Nais rais »

I rarely subscribe to a foreign languange channel. If i want to watch skincare video, i just typed 'skincare routine' on the search bar then i watched random video about skincare, same with other tutorials.

I like to watch vlogs. i watched zoella for 2 months when she's still friend with alfie, then i got bored and never watched them again. I watched saccone-jolly's family for a while, at that time their kids was only emilia and eduardo. Then i never watch again. I watched erik conover vlog for a year then i rarely watch again. I didn't subscribe to all of them because they are a daily vlogger. i didn't want, their videos spamming my youtube feed. I couldn't keep up to watch all of them daily so, I just watch any of their new video when i had more time.

The first and longest vlog i watched was everyday estee, i watched them since 'essie button vlog'. And i subcribed to their channel. Backthen my english skill was so bad, I did not even understand what they were talking about, but I still watched it. it's like watching a movie without a subtitle. I downloaded and stored all their vlogs in one folder on my laptop.
Yeah, I used to download all videos that I wanted to watch because backthen my internet network was very slow, it buffered too much, and i use cellular data, so it would be cheaper and efficient if I downloaded the video in low quality then I could watch it over and over again. Now, all networks are in 4G/4,5G so I can easily watch any videos directly from youtube app.

At first, I watched estee and aslan because I wanted to learn english, but over the time I became really like them. I watch their videos every day. they are not daily vlogger, but i watched their old videos over and over again until the new ones came up. When other poster on her thread mentioned a specific situation, i feel like i know from which video that situation was. maybe i unconsciously obsessed with them.

my listening skills also improved, at first I can't even catched their words. I didn't understand idiom, i didn't understand slang words, i never learn swear words too. Then i slowly understand their conversation. I remember when the last time I watched aslan did a live stream on twitch with his friends I even could heard their conversations behind the noisy games. Wow i amazed myself.

Since i hangout in her trash thread, slowly my feeling towards them were changed. i read a lot of things that i never knew before, now, the way i saw them is very different, i'm not a naive viewer anymore. I registered in january, and at that time, she started act so different too. I feel like, I can see the reality of their lives. At that time, I started like this forum more than i like them. Now, at this poin, i started hate them, but i don't want to hate a random person from internet. So i decided to back off from this forum, unsubscribed to them, unfollowed all of their social media, and delete their folder from my laptop. I don't want my hate grew bigger, i don't want to fully unleashed my inner evil, going too far then enjoying mocking other people.

And this is gonna be my last post on this forum. I will check my PM box in case anyone need my ip address. I will contact board administrator to arrange how this things work. Thank you GG. Thank you aslan and estee. I'm sorry for all the bad things that i have done.

I read somewhere, "If you get tired, learn to rest not to quit ". I will remember this forever, because i'm such quitter. but I'll do this next time. Thank you.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Zoella
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Samara123 wrote:Hi here, I am new
ello :P

Leeds123
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Leeds123 »

LolaGrace wrote:Not really a "beauty" guru. But I've subbed to some "motivational" type channels only to be turned off once the young women started pushing their vegan BS onto viewers. Why are they suddenly all vegan? Is this the next cool thing or something? It's annoying AF. If you're a vegan, good for you. I could never do it. But you do you and I'll do me. But I'll sub to someone I think is pretty awesome only to find a video lambasting omnivores. No thank you. Assholes.
Spot on. Most of these guys are not even Vegans anyway imo. It'd just virtue signalling to disguise the fact they have no personality.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

vegans and youtubers w/ 'videos about minimalism are the worst

Beauty_fashion9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Beauty_fashion9 »

Ashley Elizabeth/ yunging19: I've been sub for her for years I just think all of her videos are repetitive & boring. She lies alot & she would sponsored anything for some quick cash. Alot of people on't talk about her shes from canada & she mostly does empties, project pans , sex & relationships video & she does sex toy review ( alot of its just her saying good everything is without trying it lol)

KathleenLights: I really dont mind her I know she does repetitive & boring videos she doesn't lie that much she true to stay true to herself.

jeffree star: dont mind but dont agree with everything that he does

Jame charles: Where the hell do I begin? I remember like four years ago he was on a covergirl commerical he was the first boy he was pretty big at the time he didnt seem so full of himself. I'll say a year ago I think the fame, money & power got into his head he just have odd vibe about him. I unsubscribe after the whole tati drama

Trisha paytas: I really watching her four or five years when she wasn't this bad holy damn how many mukbands & her crying on her kitchen do we need. I think alot of the damn she does it for views it just gets annoying & she needs to do something else.

Colleen Ballinger: I have a love/hate relationship with her she was alright but I really don't like her alter ego mirands she just gets annoying. Ever since she had a baby she kinda change

Meredith foster: I use to love her back in 2014/2015 she did awesome bts videos now it seems like she give up on youtube it seems like she barely tries anymore. I really do like her

Teala Dunn: I have love/hate relationship with her she just give me odd vibe about she uses people for clout & her personality just seems fake.

Anna Campbell: I know shes not beauty guru she is a youtuber I stopped watching cause I just hate how she thinks cause she works in mental hospital& she has her degree she can self diagnosed people. I think Anna is the last person i'll take advice from I just think she starts alot of her drama she plays the victim alot. I just unsubscribe to her cause i'm tired of hr drama

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

At this point I think a more appropriate question would who I've stayed subscribed to lol
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

ughgurus
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ughgurus »

Anyone use to watch cityandmakeup???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

rawbeautykristi. every video is a "chit chat get ready with me" where she complains about her life.

Vonneeee
Learner
Learner

Post by Vonneeee »

sooo many: zoella, james, jeffree, meredith foster, kandee, carli bybel, glam & gore

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”