It's the Donnelly's and their Disney Discount (part 2)

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's the Donnelly's and their Disney Discount (part 2)

Post by reality04 »

They FINALLY got rid of the "It's" in the title

flo123
Learner
Learner

Post by flo123 »

She is NOT thriving!

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by reality04 »

flo123 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm

She is NOT thriving!
Can't believe they actually have consequences for little miss Katie.

Also I can't stand hearing Jill yelling whenever she's slightly surprised/shocked, "OH FOR PETE'S SAKE." That has to be one of the most annoying parts of the vlog. Along with the pointless, random montages they so desperately throw in to add time

lichy14
Learner
Learner

Post by lichy14 »

I lost count how many times Katie has thrown up a peace sign. I stopped watching about a week ago, their content is boring as hell. It’s just so repetitive. I’m also new hi

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

flo123 wrote:I am SO glad I found this (and the older) thread. I have registered purely to post about this family.

The Donnellys are my new obsession for all the wrong reasons. Namely:
  • Their videos are so boring and repetitive. Almost every single (non-vacation) one involves the kids being dropped off places, them eating, a few random stories about their days and then 5 minutes of them talking about what made them happy.
  • On the subject of "What Made You Happy Today" - what a pointless segment. In a 15 minute video, they'll spend 10 minutes doing things (or talking about things they did off camera). Then "What Made You Happy Today" starts and the spend the next 5 minutes describing what we've just watched or retelling the same off-camera story from earlier.
  • I know it's rude but these children are spoilt brats. Especially Katie, who has no manners whatsoever. The fact the parents just let them carry on with it infuriates me.
  • The family's towards teachers is appalling. One of the kids (Ryan and Katie more so) will describe some bad/disrespectful behaviour they engaged in during the school day, Mike will stay silent and Jill will just laugh and roll their eyes. No consequences (that we see).
  • Jill is so desperate to make their vlog a thing, even if it downright inconveniences other people. You can see the awkward looks on the kids friends faces when they get in the car and there's a camera stuck in their face.
  • I hate how Jill records the athletic events, water polo matches etc. I'd hate it if some loud blonde lady with a GoPro was recording my child at the swimming pool and uploading the footage to her 1 million internet subscribers, even if they were just in the background.
  • Even their cruises are boring. The same ship! The same leisure activities! The same food! Zzzzzzz.
  • It's harsh to say but Brennan has the personality of a sweeping brush/
  • They live in America in 2019 but appear to have almost 9 non-white friends. All the while, the kids are throwing gang signs and shouting "YO" like something from a tragic 90s sitcom.
  • I spied Mike watching Sean Hannity on one video. Hardcore Republicans. I wonder what they think of Trump?
Somehow your post is mostly blank for me! As someone who gets really annoyed with this family I'm interested to see what you wrote!
At the risk of beating a dead horse, I am stunned that Katie actually had consequences! I was appalled at her behavior when Ryan got lost in London. If one of my kids reacted that way to another one being lost in a foreign city like that, even for a short period, I would have given her a pretty stern talking to for starters, and I wouldn't have posted it on the internet. Their leaving it in the vlog shows that they weren't that bothered by Katie laughing her ass off. She had no idea that everything was going to be ok. SMH.
Anyway, welcome! It's always nice to have another snarker!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

flo123
Learner
Learner

Post by flo123 »

On today's video, Brennan (and his annoying nasal voice) admitted to spending an entire class listening to podcasts and watching Netflix.

Of course, Jill just laughed.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

What was she stressing about the Minute Clinic for?
And Mike, filming yourself while driving is not ok.
Did you guys see Katie just step in front of Ryan while he was looking in the mirror? And tell him to "go away" when they were sitting on top of the car?
"White beads". They're puka shells.
Yeah, stuff your mouth full of pretzels and then talk. It's really attractive.

Aces
Learner
Learner

Post by Aces »

Katie is mean af to Ryan, and I don't understand how she thinks it's okay.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Aces wrote:Katie is mean af to Ryan, and I don't understand how she thinks it's okay.
Because nobody tells her that it's not ok. They just laugh.

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by reality04 »

I don't think Jill even has the ability to be confrontational, or have any serious conversation. Hell even with her family, all you hear are laughs from her. She forgot almost everything she was supposed to bring for their weekend and started cracking up. That's how the kids get away with being jerks and end up so entitled

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

reality04 wrote:I don't think Jill even has the ability to be confrontational, or have any serious conversation. Hell even with her family, all you hear are laughs from her. She forgot almost everything she was supposed to bring for their weekend and started cracking up. That's how the kids get away with being jerks and end up so entitled
She pulls that "I'm so ditzy, I can't be responsible for anything" bit, and gets away with not bringing the stuff she was supposed to. It's probably easier to just roll their eyes and go shopping than confront her. It's a real passive aggressive way of getting out of things She didn't bring "box lunches" for the road either. But she managed to bring the camera!

Post by Guest »

lmmomSD wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:27 pm
reality04 wrote:I don't think Jill even has the ability to be confrontational, or have any serious conversation. Hell even with her family, all you hear are laughs from her. She forgot almost everything she was supposed to bring for their weekend and started cracking up. That's how the kids get away with being jerks and end up so entitled
She pulls that "I'm so ditzy, I can't be responsible for anything" bit, and gets away with not bringing the stuff she was supposed to. It's probably easier to just roll their eyes and go shopping than confront her. It's a real passive aggressive way of getting out of things She didn't bring "box lunches" for the road either. But she managed to bring the camera!

Jill being so passive and non-confrontational is how Mike is able to get away with being king of the house. It's a totally old fashioned household dynamic, like something out of the 50s. Except we're watching it happen in 2019. She really has no backbone. Mike and the kids can manipulate her so easily to get what they want. Part of the reason Katie is so much more unbearable than a normal teen is because of her weak mother. Katie, unlike her mom, also seems to have a backbone and doesn't get steamrolled like Jill does. I hope she doesn't think she ever has to be super submissive. Jill is setting an awful example.

And not bringing items you agreed to bring to a family gathering is just shitty. Was there an actual excuse or did she just cackle like an idiot as always? It sounds like she was responsible for quite a bit so I really don't understand why she didn't step up. Too busy vlogging? Playing with the kitties? Booking her next travel excursion? If I was in Jill's family I'd be pretty annoyed. Doesn't hold up her end but will gladly shove that camera in your face so she can pay for her next cruise or flight. Unbelievable.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I don't know what she was doing all morning. They were late picking up the kids from school, and didn't have half the stuff done she said she needed to do.
How does anyone who has kids in activities stay so disorganized? I seriously don't think it's all ditziness. I think it's her pushback. She isn't confrontational, so she gets out of doing things she doesn't want to by being a "dumb blonde". Haha, you should have known better than to ask me to bring stuff!

Aces
Learner
Learner

Post by Aces »

lmmomSD wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:09 pm
Aces wrote:Katie is mean af to Ryan, and I don't understand how she thinks it's okay.
Because nobody tells her that it's not ok. They just laugh.

I guess, but she's old enough to tell right from wrong.

I'm not saying I never had arguments with my brothers growing up – we argued lots – but we weren't hostile and ridiculing each other all the damn time as part of normal interaction.

Post by Guest »

Katie posted an IG story boomerang with a plane window view less than a couple hours ago. Is she taking a red eye? On a Wednesday? Are the kids out of school yet? If they aren't, why is she taking a trip in the middle of the week? And where the hell are they going now?

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

nsf5555 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:33 pm
Katie posted an IG story boomerang with a plane window view less than a couple hours ago. Is she taking a red eye? On a Wednesday? Are the kids out of school yet? If they aren't, why is she taking a trip in the middle of the week? And where the hell are they going now?
I saw that too. I don’t think the north gets out as early as the south does. My friend in New Jersey is still in school until mid-June and my cousin in Massachusetts shared that there are 15 days left at her school. So I assume that Maryland schools would follow closer to them than sat down here in Florida as yesterday was our last day of school.

MooCow
Learner
Learner

Post by MooCow »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:23 am
nsf5555 wrote:
I saw that too. I don’t think the north gets out as early as the south does. My friend in New Jersey is still in school until mid-June and my cousin in Massachusetts shared that there are 15 days left at her school. So I assume that Maryland schools would follow closer to them than sat down here in Florida as yesterday was our last day of school.
Generally around these parts school gets out the 2nd-3rd week of June; granted some private schools get out the very end of May/early June.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

MooCow wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:21 am
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
nsf5555 wrote:
Generally around these parts school gets out the 2nd-3rd week of June; granted some private schools get out the very end of May/early June.
They don’t go to a private school though right? So who knows where she could be going. But we all know that vacationing comes before education in the Donnelly family. I would think if you have a week or two of school, this is crunch time especially if you are in AP classes (not sure if Katie is) and have the AP exam around the corner. Either way she has finals coming up. A trip anywhere is not a good idea when you have finals around the corner. Maybe it’s a dote trip cause I doubt that racism is much of an issue for this All-American family.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:17 am
MooCow wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
nsf5555 wrote:
They don’t go to a private school though right? So who knows where she could be going. But we all know that vacationing comes before education in the Donnelly family. I would think if you have a week or two of school, this is crunch time especially if you are in AP classes (not sure if Katie is) and have the AP exam around the corner. Either way she has finals coming up. A trip anywhere is not a good idea when you have finals around the corner. Maybe it’s a dote trip cause I doubt that racism is much of an issue for this All-American family.
AP exams ended on May 17th this year I believe. They have to accommodate the North & South. APs were great as an underclassmen in NE, as most teachers taught for the exam, and seniors end the term early to determine diploma honors/valedictorian/etc. So the last few weeks are often a free-for-all. Regular classes usually were gearing up for finals in June though. I got the impression that only Brennan was taking an AP (history).....and he seemed to be regretting it.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:29 am
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:17 am
MooCow wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
nsf5555 wrote:
AP exams ended on May 17th this year I believe. They have to accommodate the North & South. APs were great as an underclassmen in NE, as most teachers taught for the exam, and seniors end the term early to determine diploma honors/valedictorian/etc. So the last few weeks are often a free-for-all. Regular classes usually were gearing up for finals in June though. I got the impression that only Brennan was taking an AP (history).....and he seemed to be regretting it.
So if she isn’t taking AP classes, wouldn’t she be in the process of preparing for finals? This is her first year at public school right? So she wouldn’t really know firsthand how finals are. I mean Brennan’s been in school his whole life, he would know. I’m curious as to where she is going with what I assume is finals week coming up?

Return to “It's the Donnellys”