Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 4

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

ashlibrooke83 wrote:
blushmeoff wrote:^baahaa!

The thing I can't stand about T is that she has steadily been exclusively talking about products that are sent to her. I feel like I'm watching Elle. Also, every link in her About section is a Reward Style link (which is easily seen using LongURL to extend the link). I wonder how much money this woman makes off of people buying these products that she doesn't even pay for.

Sometimes I wish I couldn't get jealous that a lot of these "gurus" sit around not working, getting paid to play with awesome makeup that they didn't have to save up for and buying used old lady Chanel bags off of Ebay.

Let me end my rant here! :bang:
I learned a long time ago that you have to take what these gurus say at face value. If I want to really know about a product, I go to makeupalley or other places for reviews by people who actually bought the makeup and weren't gifted the makeup. And it's not that I just don't trust the guru (A lot of times I don't) but everyone has different skin tones and such, so something that may work for Tiffany, may not work for me.

Unfortunately a lot of the viewers don't think things through like that and they just buy away because T recommended it!
I think some gurus handle sponsored reviews or reviews for free products better than ever. Overall Id say that I trust Tiffany's reviews (except maybe Sigma ones), but someone like Elle? No way. I agree about looking up reviews from other sources. I always do that before buying anything that I have seen on YT.

bianca212
Talker
Talker

Re: General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 4

Post by bianca212 »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:
ashlibrooke83 wrote:
blushmeoff wrote:^baahaa!

The thing I can't stand about T is that she has steadily been exclusively talking about products that are sent to her. I feel like I'm watching Elle. Also, every link in her About section is a Reward Style link (which is easily seen using LongURL to extend the link). I wonder how much money this woman makes off of people buying these products that she doesn't even pay for.

Sometimes I wish I couldn't get jealous that a lot of these "gurus" sit around not working, getting paid to play with awesome makeup that they didn't have to save up for and buying used old lady Chanel bags off of Ebay.

Let me end my rant here! :bang:
I learned a long time ago that you have to take what these gurus say at face value. If I want to really know about a product, I go to makeupalley or other places for reviews by people who actually bought the makeup and weren't gifted the makeup. And it's not that I just don't trust the guru (A lot of times I don't) but everyone has different skin tones and such, so something that may work for Tiffany, may not work for me.

Unfortunately a lot of the viewers don't think things through like that and they just buy away because T recommended it!
I think some gurus handle sponsored reviews or reviews for free products better than ever. Overall Id say that I trust Tiffany's reviews (except maybe Sigma ones), but someone like Elle? No way. I agree about looking up reviews from other sources. I always do that before buying anything that I have seen on YT.
I definitely still trust most of Tiffanys opinions. Though she tends to come off fake, all of her reviews and opinions are very genuine to me

Summerbreeze13
Learner
Learner

Post by Summerbreeze13 »

Her opinions have been mixed for me, some of the things she's recommended have been great and others didn't work and ended up being returned or given away. Now that she's getting things for free, I don't place any value in her opinions.

I've always thought her Sigma support was a load of crap, in the beginning when she started doing tutorials she used Mac & Sonia Kashuk brushes. Then all of a sudden Sigma comes along and she says she threw all of her Mac brushes out. Brushes that you've paid $30 - $50 bucks a pop for? Who does that? I may find new things I like more than others, but I don't throw out well spent money. Unless she signed a contract way back and they told her she had to. That part has always been sketchy for me.

Whatever, she's changed and isn't genuine anymore. She's not sharing with her audience now, she's just showing off what she has. As if anyone cares. I'm going to guess that most of her viewers don't wear shoes that cost over $500 on a daily basis or ever, so her sharing them is not helping anyone. Now telling us about a great makeup product that will become part of our routine or a neat haircare item is helpful.

blushmeoff
Learner
Learner

Post by blushmeoff »

Summerbreeze13 wrote:Whatever, she's changed and isn't genuine anymore. She's not sharing with her audience now, she's just showing off what she has. As if anyone cares. I'm going to guess that most of her viewers don't wear shoes that cost over $500 on a daily basis or ever, so her sharing them is not helping anyone. Now telling us about a great makeup product that will become part of our routine or a neat haircare item is helpful.
:yup:

To add to this, I feel like her tutorials are lacking now as well. They aren't nearly as helpful as they used to be. When she first started, she was doing things that really helped me to learn makeup application....even if she wasn't a true MUA. I felt like she was sharing helpful tips (her tight-lining tutorial) that she cared about. Now her tutorials seem more like a showcase on how pretty she can make her eyes look and how long her lashes are. There are no more new techniques or tips.

I wish I could find a way to break my spell of watching these videos. It's the same way I feel about the Kardashians....it's something I hate that I like to watch.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

I'm the only person that is bothered by how often this woman says sort of or kind of. Nothing is ever doing the things she says it's doing, it's always sort of doing it.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

MantisShrimp wrote:I'm the only person that is bothered by how often this woman says sort of or kind of. Nothing is ever doing the things she says it's doing, it's always sort of doing it.
Yes that can be annoying. She will also say stuff like "you know" and make a face when I wish she would just explain what she means!

heatherweather
Debater
Debater

Post by heatherweather »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpgnL8ZH7wY

A full makeup routine. 16 minutes of boredom. Tiffany has no new ideas for videos. All she can do is show us "greige" looks brought to you by Dior and talk about how awesome the Hourglass powders are.

Summerbreeze13
Learner
Learner

Post by Summerbreeze13 »

I don't actually have any complaints about the new video, she kept her hair out of her face and used new products. I did chuckle when she mentioned keeping her skincare simple, she pulled things out of a basket for 20 minutes in her most recent skincare video! I use a cleanser, an eye makeup remover, and alternate between 2 face oils. That's it, period.

Post by Guest »

"Less is more" in terms of products.... O...K.

candyfluff
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by candyfluff »

I don't trust her reviews because honesty, she and I have nothing in common. I am sure an expensive powder looks good on a person who rarely leaves the house apart from walking her dog or to go out shopping. Her views on lasting power are not applicable to my life whatsoever. When she talks about value for money, I again have nothing in common with her. She views ugly shoes that I would have no reason to wear as an investment, she views ugly purses the same way - something I dont agree with. Why on earth would I buy an easily dupable item I already have in my collection because this woman says it is good when she spends her husband's hard earned money in a way which I could never justify?
For someone whose tutorials who regularly wind up looking the exact same, she certainly has a lot of products to recreated her same predictable looks with.

Newnonkc
Learner
Learner

Post by Newnonkc »

candyfluff wrote:I don't trust her reviews because honesty, she and I have nothing in common. I am sure an expensive powder looks good on a person who rarely leaves the house apart from walking her dog or to go out shopping. Her views on lasting power are not applicable to my life whatsoever. When she talks about value for money, I again have nothing in common with her. She views ugly shoes that I would have no reason to wear as an investment, she views ugly purses the same way - something I dont agree with. Why on earth would I buy an easily dupable item I already have in my collection because this woman says it is good when she spends her husband's hard earned money in a way which I could never justify?
For someone whose tutorials who regularly wind up looking the exact same, she certainly has a lot of products to recreated her same predictable looks with.
This. I don't trust her when she claims that a product is durable or long lasting. Maybe for her it is, since she spends vast majority of her time at home moving trays and candles around, and occasionally goes out to shop and run errands. I would consider a durable product to be something that holds up through a 9-5 workday then into your evening plans. When does Tiffany ever have a day like that?

candyfluff
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by candyfluff »

Newnonkc wrote: This. I don't trust her when she claims that a product is durable or long lasting. Maybe for her it is, since she spends vast majority of her time at home moving trays and candles around, and occasionally goes out to shop and run errands. I would consider a durable product to be something that holds up through a 9-5 workday then into your evening plans. When does Tiffany ever have a day like that?
Exactly. A day filled with dry office conditions and harsh neon lighting, subway commutes, city pollution if you run out to grab a coffee, bad lighting in washrooms so you cant check your makeup - now if someone who has this sort of reality told me a product performs, I would believe them.

KissWithAFist
Informer
Informer

Post by KissWithAFist »

I like how she makes an affordable shoe purchase from Target after buying Valentinos, a Kate Spade, and a Chanel. On top of all the other high-priced pieces in her closet. It's too late for you to be relatable, Tiff. Lol

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Why the hell does she need more shoes?

I mean, there are great finds all over the city, but I sure don't need another lipstick. A good find would be if I found cheap but quality underwear right now on sale. Cos I need them badly. Lipstick no. So if I buy another Bourjois on sale lipstick, this was no great find for me. It was just spending unnecessarily.

H8trAide
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by H8trAide »

Newnonkc wrote:
candyfluff wrote:I don't trust her reviews because honesty, she and I have nothing in common. I am sure an expensive powder looks good on a person who rarely leaves the house apart from walking her dog or to go out shopping. Her views on lasting power are not applicable to my life whatsoever. When she talks about value for money, I again have nothing in common with her. She views ugly shoes that I would have no reason to wear as an investment, she views ugly purses the same way - something I dont agree with. Why on earth would I buy an easily dupable item I already have in my collection because this woman says it is good when she spends her husband's hard earned money in a way which I could never justify?
This. I don't trust her when she claims that a product is durable or long lasting. Maybe for her it is, since she spends vast majority of her time at home moving trays and candles around, and occasionally goes out to shop and run errands. I would consider a durable product to be something that holds up through a 9-5 workday then into your evening plans. When does Tiffany ever have a day like that?
Exactly. My eye makeup would be all over the place if I did it how she does. Maybe it's just me but I can't get eyeliner to stay put and blush and powder rub off as soon as you leave the house. My JOB in particular does not suit makeup like she does. Even her everyday look and the winged eyeliner is too much I think.
Keeping it real 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!

Leahisloyal
Talker
Talker

Post by Leahisloyal »

Did anyone catch how she was talking about where to get that Chanel angled brush she uses for bronzer and that its hard to find and IF she can find it she'd link it below...

Well she linked it below and it's no longer available ...I bet you ANYTHING she did that just to get clicks and more $$$ (KNOWING it was sold out/unavailable when she posted the link), shes a sneaky, greedy witch.

Enoughisenough
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Enoughisenough »

Idk why but I always got the feeling Tiffany and brad are really good with money. Like instead of selling their old house rented it out which mean money every month and the value of real estate rises. And their DINKs (double income no kids).

Even though she likes to act like a rich southern bell, I honestly believe they live well within their means. I just hate how elitist she acts now. Ugh I miss old Tiffany when she was sarcastic and dry in a good way. I loved her old vlogs when they were on vacations.

lipsticklushiousGG
Informer
Informer

Post by lipsticklushiousGG »

heatherweather wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpgnL8ZH7wY

A full makeup routine. 16 minutes of boredom. Tiffany has no new ideas for videos. All she can do is show us "greige" looks brought to you by Dior and talk about how awesome the Hourglass powders are.
Which is hilarious because she just tweeted that a lot of people have been telling her that so many other gurus are copying her ideas and "imitation is the highest form of flattery." This chick is seriously delusional. As though she is filming videos demonstrating her cutting edge knowledge of makeup artistry and technique. About the only thing she's good at is adjusting her lighting so she doesn't look cakey on camera after applying foundation, 2 concealers, a blush, 2 highlighters, and 2 bronzers.

allforshow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by allforshow »

I think she is saving a ton of money. I think the majority of everything she hauls etc.....is sent to her for FREE and or paid to talk about it which is given a gift card to purchase her self which will make it not sponsored etc.... sneaky sneaky. I really do not think she really "buys" anything with her own money.

Summerbreeze13
Learner
Learner

Post by Summerbreeze13 »

I really like the SJP coral red shoes in her new video, they are very tasteful and totally scream of what Carrie would've worn in SATC. Looking at the Nordies site, they are in the $300-500 range, ($195 for flipflops which is ridiculous) but somehow worth it, more versatile than those studded Valentinos. I really like the way Carly styled the Valentino shoes here by the way, Tiff didn't do as well-

http://carlycristman.com/all-saints-for-my-angels/

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”