Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheTimTracker

Post by mac »

DisFamily wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:04 am
With 500k subs i bet they bring in more money than anyone realizes. They probably make a years worth of salarary in 1 month.
What's sad and disgusting is those subscribers could possibly be not real.

jlgriff11
Debater
Debater

Post by jlgriff11 »

I’m disappointed that Disney Travel Youtubers don’t research things. I used to be a big fan but I feel like they are so dumb sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebelle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rebelle »

jlgriff11 wrote:I’m disappointed that Disney Travel Youtubers don’t research things. I used to be a big fan but I feel like they are so dumb sometimes.

How are you gonna spend $6k to go to another country and not research anything? Disney invited you and is paying for this cruise, maybe do a little research so you can be worthy of the invitation by relaying proper information. Basic shit, like having your license/ID when going ashore.
I don’t buy they didn’t realize their Navigator had all of the ship information on it until the 3rd day. Not only does it have the activities, but also weather and the important all ashore/all aboard times. The first day it’s not as noticeable in your room, but after that they literally put it on your bed every night. No one is that clueless.

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ziggy777 »

Thanks for the video Heidigin.

I believe she has an anxiety disorder. Sounds like panic attacks to me which has probably progressed into panic disorder possibly with some agoraphobia. Obviously not diagnosing, she has said as much on camera without putting the names to it. But I do believe her. In cases where she really wants to do something, like Tokyo, she can probably push through it a bit more, motivation can be a big factor. Tim is clearly a security blanket of sorts for her and I'm sure he spends lots of time on these types of big trips talking her through it like an anxiety doula

I hate to see anyone give up driving like that though. It's such a huge part of being independent in a car-dependent city. And in many cases, it's women who give up driving because they have guys to drive them around. Until they don't for whatever reason. If she still has any driving skills left, she should get back out there. Start with driving around the block.

Kaycici
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kaycici »

How much money do you guys think they’re actually making? Like seriously sometimes I think that they’re wealthy they just won’t tell us

Jotham
Talker
Talker

Post by Jotham »

Kaycici wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:01 pm
How much money do you guys think they’re actually making? Like seriously sometimes I think that they’re wealthy they just won’t tell us
I think that they're very wealthy, though I'm not sure exactly how much money they make. Even though their channel is becoming really popular now, I think their channel revenue only accounts for a small portion of their earnings, as they also get a bunch of money from donations via live vlogs and I'm sure they get paid by Disney, Universal, etc. for a lot of their promotional videos.

Their new house is very telling of what they have become. If you look at their older vlogs, they seemed to come off as this quirky and relatable "redneck" couple, and now everything they do is professional and calculated. They didn't even disclose their cruise until the day they departed, and they kept their move under wraps for a few months (though the latter I guess is somewhat understandable).

mac
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mac »

Jotham wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:41 pm
Kaycici wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:01 pm
I think that they're very wealthy, though I'm not sure exactly how much money they make. Even though their channel is becoming really popular now, I think their channel revenue only accounts for a small portion of their earnings, as they also get a bunch of money from donations via live vlogs and I'm sure they get paid by Disney, Universal, etc. for a lot of their promotional videos.

Their new house is very telling of what they have become. If you look at their older vlogs, they seemed to come off as this quirky and relatable "redneck" couple, and now everything they do is professional and calculated. They didn't even disclose their cruise until the day they departed, and they kept their move under wraps for a few months (though the latter I guess is somewhat understandable).
razorroman wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 am
mac wrote:
ziggy777 wrote:
mac wrote:Is it possible to alter or buy subscribers?
You can buy them
So it seems maybe they have hired some kind of business advisor? Along with the McMansion - which is probably being claimed as a "business" expense it sure sounds like someone is steering the Tracker ship now. Which goes along with the fake feel of the channel anymore and her absence from twitter (a business advisor would most certainly tell her to knock off the petty fights). If there is a business advisor you'd think they would have them up the quality of the videos too. There's a new twitter pic from the ship ... why is Jenn wearing the curtains? :P
If you look at the deed history of the new house, a few days after they bought it, it was transferred to a real estate trust run by a lawyer. So they’re definitely going the route of “not owning anything for tax purposes”
This may be your answer ... it seems they may not completely own their house.

ditzydolly
Learner
Learner

Post by ditzydolly »

I’m not sure I’d say they’re “wealthy”, but they’re certainly doing well. $100k-200k a year is probably what they’re raking in from the channel.

I don’t believe they’re being paid by the parks. If they were, they’d have to disclose that. Getting free tickets and invitations to special events? Sure.

The next thing to come will be sponsorships they secure from advertisers directly, like you see in other YouTube videos “this video is brought to you by XXX. Use code ‘TRACKERS’ at checkout for 10% off!” Once you start seeing that happening, then they’ll be making the big bucks.

Jotham
Talker
Talker

Post by Jotham »

ditzydolly wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 pm
I’m not sure I’d say they’re “wealthy”, but they’re certainly doing well. $100k-200k a year is probably what they’re raking in from the channel.

I don’t believe they’re being paid by the parks. If they were, they’d have to disclose that. Getting free tickets and invitations to special events? Sure.

The next thing to come will be sponsorships they secure from advertisers directly, like you see in other YouTube videos “this video is brought to you by XXX. Use code ‘TRACKERS’ at checkout for 10% off!” Once you start seeing that happening, then they’ll be making the big bucks.
Fdslfkjsdl imagine if they did that. This thread would be such a mess. :rofl:

I'm glad that they haven't done that yet, nor do I expect them to stoop down that low. I mean, they don't do Patreon either (and tbh I like their justification with how that money could be better spent on people who deserve it more). Their live vlogs are what irritates me, but to be fair it's partly their fans' fault for willingly throwing money at them like that.

I think that's a good estimate of how much they make. I think it's easy to overestime their "wealth" because they have no kids. I have an aunt and uncle who have no kids, they don't make a stupendous amount of money but their lifestyle is so similar to Tim's and Jenn's. Lol

Rebelle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rebelle »

Sorry, I don’t buy that. They don’t do Patreon bc they’d have to figure out incentives for every tier and they could turn off the superchat. They want you to believe that isn’t their intentions, but they live for the gifts.

Can we get a mod in here to start a new thread and lock this one, please?

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ziggy777 »

I always assume that people slightly overbuy on homes. So based on their house, I'd say they are making about $150-200K a year. Probably mostly from YouTube although I do think they get a few paid sponsorships from non-Disney attractions and parks.

I'm surprised they haven't started a Patreon yet but they probably don't want the pressure of it. They can make money on Live Vlogs when they feel like it

I'm also surprised they haven't put more ads into their videos yet.

mac
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mac »

Jotham wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 am
ditzydolly wrote:

I'm glad that they haven't done that yet, nor do I expect them to stoop down that low. I mean, they don't do Patreon either (and tbh I like their justification with how that money could be better spent on people who deserve it more). Their live vlogs are what irritates me, but to be fair it's partly their fans' fault for willingly throwing money at them like that.

I think that's a good estimate of how much they make. I think it's easy to overestime their "wealth" because they have no kids. I have an aunt and uncle who have no kids, they don't make a stupendous amount of money but their lifestyle is so similar to Tim's and Jenn's. Lol
They HAVE done Patreon - it was a little while ago - they wanted money for an expensive blow up lounger for in the pool that could also be used for camping, etc. They also asked for money so Tim could buy a ticket to play list live. He calls companies trying to get free stays at hotels (the hotel in the mountains where Jenn complained about the noisy people upstairs). They ARE those people, they do ask/try for free trips and perks, it will not be long before the sponsers - I guarantee they are already trying. They are not who they used to be and I think they are that low.

because_reasons_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by because_reasons_ »

mac wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:40 am
Jotham wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 am
ditzydolly wrote:

They HAVE done Patreon - it was a little while ago - they wanted money for an expensive blow up lounger for in the pool that could also be used for camping, etc. They also asked for money so Tim could buy a ticket to play list live. He calls companies trying to get free stays at hotels (the hotel in the mountains where Jenn complained about the noisy people upstairs). They ARE those people, they do ask/try for free trips and perks, it will not be long before the sponsers - I guarantee they are already trying. They are not who they used to be and I think they are that low.
I mean, Tim *did* ASK for the cruise they just went on from Disney... really doesn't seem like there's not a lot they won't ask for to get for free

brit615
Learner
Learner

Post by brit615 »

If socialblade is any indication. They are making around 30k a month. $365k a year.

Post by Guest »

brit615 wrote:If socialblade is any indication. They are making around 30k a month. $365k a year.
30k a month!
No wonder she spends money on shit, I would too if I had all that to blow lol

ditzydolly
Learner
Learner

Post by ditzydolly »

brit615 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 am
If socialblade is any indication. They are making around 30k a month. $365k a year.
That is the extreme high end of the estimate from SocialBlade, which really only looks at viewership numbers. SocialBlade has no way of knowing how many of their views are "monetized", meaning how many of their videos actually serve an advertisement to the viewer. Even though they've clearly monetized all the content on their channel, that does not necessarily mean Google's Adsense (the actual entity attaching ads to monetized content on YouTube) is actually serving an ad each time someone watches one of their videos.

For example, with the entire Cruise Week series, I never saw a single ad. I watch primarily on my Apple TV via the YouTube app, and I've noticed that I see far fewer ads on there in general than if I were viewing from my web browser on my computer. I'm sure I'm not the only person watching their videos this way.

It could also be that Google Adsense had trouble finding appropriate advertisers for the subject of the Cruise Week series, specifically advertisers interested in having their ads shown before a video about a Disney Cruise. For example, most of the ads I've been served while watching their videos lately have been ads for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. It makes sense that RCL wouldn't want their ads served before videos highlighting a competitor's cruise line.

Again, based solely on my experience not seeing a single ad during the entire Cruise Week series, it could also be that Tim and Jenn either elected on their own, or were compelled by Disney Cruise Line, to de-monetize the Cruise Week series of videos in exchange for the free cruise. Just as RCL wouldn't want their ads served before a video about DCL, DCL wouldn't want ads from RCL shown before videos about their cruise offerings. Someone else will have to chime in here and let us all know if they were served any ads during the Cruise Week series or not.

Long story short (too late), you have to take sites like SocialBlade with a grain of salt. On SocialBlade, TheTimTracker is estimated to have $22.9k - $365.8k in yearly revenue. The median between those two numbers is $193.5k. Based on that, my highly uneducated guess would be $150k-200k a year.

mac
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mac »

Soooo, the house they just sold - listed at the ridiculous price of $219,000 actually sold for $140,000! Do you think an inspector found major issues? Like the guano filled attic? Something was found wrong - that's a $79,000 price drop.

ditzydolly
Learner
Learner

Post by ditzydolly »

mac wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:47 pm
Soooo, the house they just sold - listed at the ridiculous price of $219,000 actually sold for $140,000! Do you think an inspector found major issues? Like the guano filled attic? Something was found wrong - that's a $79,000 price drop.
You mean guano doesn't qualify as organic, earth-friendly insulation? :rofl:

It also appears to have sold to some kind of co-op, though I won't pretend to have any idea what that means. Maybe it's just another way for the buyer to shield their identify from public record, similar to what the Trackers tried, and failed, to do with their new home?

Signeduptoread1thing
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Signeduptoread1thing »

Found the trackers about a year ago and went from thinking they were just goofy goodie-goodies who liked Disney. To really seeing the mask slip and the cracks show. I still watch because they do a serviceable job of showing new events at the parks. And when I met them once in the park, I detected a hint of racial prejudice.(story below)

Tim: SUPER FAKE and very conceited.
From the clearly fake and insincere "wheeeee" while riding rides he's gone on loads of times and keeping the camera on his face! Dude no one is tuning in to see your bored face in the ride, turn your camera to the track view. That makes no sense.
Also very uncomfortable and cringeworthy to see him alone filming in children's locations. Like legoland is primarily for smaller children so it gets weird to watch a 6ft grown man roaming alone with a camera filming around children.

Jen, very vapid and simply a highschool level mean girl on Twitter.

Had the "pleasure" of running into toystory land a few days after it opened. My boyfriend and I are black. We were polite as possible and just went up and told him we enjoyed their videos and he acted like he didn't want to stand near us or even talk, even kind of holding his gear away like we were going to snatch it🙄.

In the middle of my boyfriend speaking he blatantly pulled out his phone. And then not much later saw him chatting a bit to a white couple no problem.

Signeduptoread1thing
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Signeduptoread1thing »

I signed up to this site to share the one time I met Tim tracker at the park and how he came off as someone with a little racial prejudice

Not too long after the opening of toy story land
My boyfriend and I, got to say hello. Boy were we in for a big disappointment. They say don't meet your heros for a reason.

My boyfriend and I black. Boyfriend is a Black media videographer and I'm an artist at a certain game studio. We're not a stereotype, we're not intimidating, we're plain African American people. And he acted like we were going to steal off his person. Seriously?!

A little later as we passed by we saw him chatting no problem with a white couple. Seriously disappointed

Return to “TheTimTracker”