iisuperwomanii

ChickonRules
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: iisuperwomanii

Post by ChickonRules »

This is my first time posting for Lily but just curious has she ever been in a relationship? She has never mentioned any past boyfriends or current and always says she's single in her comedy videos but not sure if she says that to be "relatable"

clawsilver24
Lurker
Lurker

Post by clawsilver24 »

ChickonRules wrote:This is my first time posting for Lily but just curious has she ever been in a relationship? She has never mentioned any past boyfriends or current and always says she's single in her comedy videos but not sure if she says that to be "relatable"
I think she is currently dating someone but I'm probably wrong. I do know that she and swoozie dated though.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

she dated inkquitive too

ChickonRules
Talker
Talker

Post by ChickonRules »

I thought swoozie was just "pretend" for youtube kinda like fouseytube to hype it up. Did she ever confirm it or anything?

Hel
Learner
Learner

Post by Hel »

ChickonRules wrote:I thought swoozie was just "pretend" for youtube kinda like fouseytube to hype it up. Did she ever confirm it or anything?
Same, I thought it was just fake for the videos like Dom/D-trix.

AishwaryaNet
Learner
Learner

Post by AishwaryaNet »

Lilly was cast for an upcoming NBC comedy pilot, Bright Futures.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/emily-r ... 202739866/

Also, her main channel videos are now almost all 2-4 min in length and she is no longer daily vlogging.

beautyineveryone
Informer
Informer

Post by beautyineveryone »

AishwaryaNet wrote:Lilly was cast for an upcoming NBC comedy pilot, Bright Futures.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/emily-r ... 202739866/

Also, her main channel videos are now almost all 2-4 min in length and she is no longer daily vlogging.
Ugh people cannot be subjected to her horrid acting

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Omni
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Omni »

They shoot tons of pilots around this time, and most of them end up getting cancelled. Emily Ratajkowski (sp?) isn't a strong actress either. I don't see this getting picked up for a full season.

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

It's Nbc. They throw a shit ton of shows out every year and see what sticks. It'll be gone quickly.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Tallntraveling wrote:It's Nbc. They throw a shit ton of shows out every year and see what sticks. It'll be gone quickly.
Exactly. Also most of of these actors pay for an audition. It's no secret.
This is how most youtubers nowadays are getting roles for tv shows.Another one that comes in my mind is Arden Rose. They pay for their roles.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesecakelover »

moonlightpixie wrote:
Tallntraveling wrote:It's Nbc. They throw a shit ton of shows out every year and see what sticks. It'll be gone quickly.
Exactly. Also most of of these actors pay for an audition. It's no secret.
This is how most youtubers nowadays are getting roles for tv shows.Another one that comes in my mind is Arden Rose. They pay for their roles.
Is that how Jake Paul got to be on l&o svu ???? Those fuckers

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

no one should be subjected to her acting. this show will never make it. two awful "actresses" plus hardly anything sticks on nbc
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Sisiran
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sisiran »

She can’t act. Her cameo in Bad moms was so cringe worthy. She was a lot more authentic sounding with her skits in 2012-13. Now all of her lines come off very rehearsed.

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

Lilly's feed is pissing me off more than ever today. She's tone-deaf in so many ways.

1) Literally no one was thinking of you when Kylie Jenner announced her 'BOSS' lipstick. The fact that you felt the need to mention it indicates that there IS/WAS irritation that someone more famous put out a product with a similar name/message to yours. You can wrap it up in "sisterhood" all you like, you still put it out there and wanted people to make the association by pretending you didn't want it.

2) "There is no secret. If you want to succeed, you just have to work really hard and make less excuses." This is more belittling than she thinks, and laughable coming from someone who had a privileged upbringing. That's not to say she's never had her own personal struggles, because she's fought through depression, but this doesn't bestow upon her the ultimate authority to tell every last person that all they need to get ahead is Hustle™. People who are socioculturally disadvantaged, who are denied the same opportunities as others of equal value, don't need to hear this from someone who had a head start. Her Hustle™ is also a blatant case of work addiction and a person who has created a value system around what she does rather than who she is. I think it's dangerous for her to be pushing this mindset when she is driving herself to an almost certain burnout. She will crash and she will crash hard. "Less excuses", for her, means less balance, less personal time and space, less division between work responsibilities and maintaining the other facets of life that amass to meaning and purpose. It tells impressionable fans that their personal circumstances, very real things that they must address and harmonize with, are "excuses".

3) "Positive energy" is the same as sending "thoughts and prayers", which in the midst of rampant shootings is not supportive at all. This is not a time for affirmations and 'good vibes'. Conveying love is one thing but "positive energy" statements don't challenge negative ideas and actions - they don't promote change. They don't even improve the perception of the experience. Just saying "positive energy" doesn't create positive energy, it has to be supported by movement.

But of course you can never say any of this to Lilly directly, because that's going against Girl Love.

Post by Guest »

drunkatvogue wrote:Lilly's feed is pissing me off more than ever today. She's tone-deaf in so many ways.

1) Literally no one was thinking of you when Kylie Jenner announced her 'BOSS' lipstick. The fact that you felt the need to mention it indicates that there IS/WAS irritation that someone more famous put out a product with a similar name/message to yours. You can wrap it up in "sisterhood" all you like, you still put it out there and wanted people to make the association by pretending you didn't want it.

2) "[url=<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>IISuperwomanII</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>981398276577595398</span><span>]</span><span>There</span></a> is no secret[/url]. If you want to succeed, you just have to work really hard and make less excuses." This is more belittling than she thinks, and laughable coming from someone who had a privileged upbringing. That's not to say she's never had her own personal struggles, because she's fought through depression, but this doesn't bestow upon her the ultimate authority to tell every last person that all they need to get ahead is Hustle™. People who are socioculturally disadvantaged, who are denied the same opportunities as others of equal value, don't need to hear this from someone who had a head start. Her Hustle™ is also a blatant case of work addiction and a person who has created a value system around what she does rather than who she is. I think it's dangerous for her to be pushing this mindset when she is driving herself to an almost certain burnout. She will crash and she will crash hard. "Less excuses", for her, means less balance, less personal time and space, less division between work responsibilities and maintaining the other facets of life that amass to meaning and purpose. It tells impressionable fans that their personal circumstances, very real things that they must address and harmonize with, are "excuses".

3) "Positive energy" is the same as sending "thoughts and prayers", which in the midst of rampant shootings is not supportive at all. This is not a time for affirmations and 'good vibes'. Conveying love is one thing but "positive energy" statements don't challenge negative ideas and actions - they don't promote change. They don't even improve the perception of the experience. Just saying "positive energy" doesn't create positive energy, it has to be supported by movement.

But of course you can never say any of this to Lilly directly, because that's going against Girl Love.
Omg, so true and so well spelled out. I could not agree more with you.

Sisiran
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sisiran »

I wish she would post weekly blogs instead of daily ones. They get pretty boring

KaliV
Learner
Learner

Post by KaliV »

I like her message every so often. She has a powerful team behind her. Her comedy and acting is horrible though. Idk how she gets opportunities to collaborate with celebs. It bothers me that she doesn’t wash her hair and let’s her acne get that bad. She vlogs daily content.

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

I really hate instead of using her platform to reach out to her audience about depression in a positive way, she comes across as ''if you are depressed, hustle harder, that is what I did.''
I know she is in no way obliged to do that but it shows how little she really cares.

KaliV
Learner
Learner

Post by KaliV »

Tallntraveling wrote:I really hate instead of using her platform to reach out to her audience about depression in a positive way, she comes across as ''if you are depressed, hustle harder, that is what I did.''
I know she is in no way obliged to do that but it shows how little she really cares.
I think her message is that you can crawl your way out of depression with dedication to improve yourself. It reminds me of that scene in Bridesmaids where Melissa McCarty tells Kristin to fight for her sh*tyy life. I know what you mean though. It comes off a less than compassionate to people who are suffering.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Weird that she's been in a few relationship but keeps saying she is a virgin. Maybe she wants to be relatable to her young viewers?
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Return to “Lilly Singh”