Waste Cash With Stella: Part 2 (Fly With Stella)

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Waste Cash With Stella: Part 2 (Fly With Stella)

Post by koalah »

DrinkMyBathWater wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:15 am
Watching her freak out and become hysterical on 74 Gear's video really makes me wonder how she'd react in an inflight emergency. A F/A's most important job is to ensure the safety of their passengers, and remain calm when things go wrong. If she can't handle a simple, routine flight...how will she cope in an emergency?
Lol we theorized here in another thread that she makes FAs look so awful with her behavior in vlogs. Besides being super ditzy, she makes videos that are all wrong about turbulence,weather and technical/equipment issues. She did a q&A video once and it was all completely wrong so she deleted it within a day when all FAs were calling her out on it. Although when crunch time came, maybe she could put on serious Stella face and fall back on her training. She has kept her job and done recurrent training so it's working out for her. It's just a bad look for AA seeing an FA like her or some others.
poshspice88 wrote: On second thought, their place is too small for a sectional! Even if they got rid of the chair, which seems to be mainly used by Frannie, they don’t have enough room. They’re just going to have to make do with what they’ve got until they move again. They always pick the tiniest apartments to live in. It would be ok if they weren’t such pack rats, but there is nothing “minimal” about Stella, and they’re both self-proclaimed homebodies that like to stay in and watch a lot of tv.

I checked on the condos in Stella’s neighborhood, Cardozo, which is in close proximity to DuPont Circle where many politicians live, and the White House. They easily spent more than $600k. I’m guessing they wanted it for the short commute for Bart, and it’s a trendy neighborhood for Stella. Bart must be staying put for awhile, makes sense not to fork out thousands each month for rent. And they can sell when they’re ready for something larger or move to CA. Hopefully now that Bart’s home Stella will stop wildly spending thousands on herself each month. He can see everything she brings home now and help channel her addiction toward something more positive.
They could do a customized sectional but she's insistent on having those 2 side tables to round out the sides even though with such fat tall armrests (which they prefer) you can't even use the side tables. The coffee table is so infuriating because of how not usable it is with any kind of couch. All the furniture tbh do not look welcoming to Bart, he doesn't look like he would be comfortable on any of them ... like that little grey armchair. He's not a huge guy but looks like he would get stuck in that armchair if he sat in it!

Wow good info on their neighborhood. It definitely seems like a pricey neighborhood based on what she's shown. Lots of things are within walking distance. Looks like a nice little spot although I'm still not a fan of the interior layout of their place. Plus Stella's general interior designing method lol

Oh good news for people that hated the peloton in the guest room. It's moved to their bedroom now. And she's also going to get rid of the brand new queen sized bed, they bought few months ago when moved in, because it's too big - just like everyone said then. Apparently they had Bart's dad over and the peloton plus queen bed was too cramped - like how are Bart & Stella at their age and can't even work shit like this out?
hmart_kimchi wrote: I have more thoughts:

No mukbang. It's gross watching her eat and see the food in her mouth while she talks and chews.
Wasn't she on Rachel Ray? Doesn't she know that she has a show called 30 Minute Meals? Or Sandra Lee Semi Homemade (Semi Halfassed).
I like the face she made when she said she would cook daily around 8:10.
The sausages or hot dogs were burned. Also, that meal is what university students make on a good day.
Completely forgot about the soup. She's raving about cabbage soup when it's like the #1 popular diet food in like the 90s or 80s? Wonder how gassy they both get eating that! Omg. At least she's trying to cook, i guess? Still they had takeout mac & cheese and probably 90% of the time still have deli or takeaway food.

Post by Guest »

hmart_kimchi wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:35 pm
They paid $725,000.
poshspice88 wrote: On second thought, their place is too small for a sectional! Even if they got rid of the chair, which seems to be mainly used by Frannie, they don’t have enough room. They’re just going to have to make do with what they’ve got until they move again. They always pick the tiniest apartments to live in. It would be ok if they weren’t such pack rats, but there is nothing “minimal” about Stella, and they’re both self-proclaimed homebodies that like to stay in and watch a lot of tv.

I checked on the condos in Stella’s neighborhood, Cardozo, which is in close proximity to DuPont Circle where many politicians live, and the White House. They easily spent more than $600k. I’m guessing they wanted it for the short commute for Bart, and it’s a trendy neighborhood for Stella. Bart must be staying put for awhile, makes sense not to fork out thousands each month for rent. And they can sell when they’re ready for something larger or move to CA. Hopefully now that Bart’s home Stella will stop wildly spending thousands on herself each month. He can see everything she brings home now and help channel her addiction toward something more positive.
Good find!

For anyone curious, you can look it up under sold properties on Zillow. Just plug in the price of $725k, 2 BR 2BA. It was sold on 5/13/20.

You would think they would spring for a place that is bigger than 933 square feet though! Only a couple that have less junk and furnishings could occupy a place that small. But, as is typical for Stella, she can manage to junk up any space no matter how big it is, lol. Maybe it’s Bart’s way of keeping her shopping binges manageable. Still, the place is way too small for this pair of pack rats.

I think this apartment proves they have no plans to start a family anytime soon.

Post by Guest »

koalah wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:25 pm
Completely forgot about the soup. She's raving about cabbage soup when it's like the #1 popular diet food in like the 90s or 80s? Wonder how gassy they both get eating that! Omg. At least she's trying to cook, i guess? Still they had takeout mac & cheese and probably 90% of the time still have deli or takeaway food.
Do you think she’s trying to lose weight? I noticed their freezer is full of junk food. I didn’t see vegetables in her fridge, but those may have been in the crisper drawers. At least she’s got food on hand and not solely relying on takeout like she used to.

As far as freaking out in that small two-seater plane, I personally wouldn’t want to go up in a plane that small either! And we all know that much of her OTT behavior is for attention. She does that shit because she wants to suck all the air out of the room and get people to notice her. She tries hard to be amusing and it gets old fast. No one wants to be around that kind of nonsense all the time, which is why she doesn’t have close friends. Anyway, getting back to airplane safety and her role as a FA, I think she probably does fine on normal size aircraft when it requires her to take her job seriously.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

poshspice88 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 am
hmart_kimchi wrote:
They paid $725,000.
Good find!

For anyone curious, you can look it up under sold properties on Zillow. Just plug in the price of $725k, 2 BR 2BA. It was sold on 5/13/20.

You would think they would spring for a place that is bigger than 933 square feet though! Only a couple that have less junk and furnishings could occupy a place that small. But, as is typical for Stella, she can manage to junk up any space no matter how big it is, lol. Maybe it’s Bart’s way of keeping her shopping binges manageable. Still, the place is way too small for this pair of pack rats.

I think this apartment proves they have no plans to start a family anytime soon.
Wow you guys are good sleuths! She hasn't changed much from the original listing besides mismatched furniture & clutter. 933 sq ft is tiny but must seem huge compared to NY. Great location i presume? Haven't looked it up yet.

Definitely agree with yr next post too, buying this place shows they're not planning for a kid yet. Tbh i cant picture them as parents at all - and that is fine, i’m cf too partly by choice & fate i guess. It’s hard to be an online personality and proclaim it though, might alienate a chunk of her followers.

Weight loss, stella was on keto for awhile. Lots of whining about being on keto and not being able to eat this or that. Then now she has the peloton purchase. She has slimmed down a bit but on IG she has started to tweak her pics. That first pic of her back to work had me fooled. She looked as small as she was when she started flying. But the IG stories and vlogs don't reflect it.

Post by Guest »

koalah wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:51 am
poshspice88 wrote:
Good find!

Wow you guys are good sleuths! She hasn't changed much from the original listing besides mismatched furniture & clutter. 933 sq ft is tiny but must seem huge compared to NY. Great location i presume? Haven't looked it up yet.

Definitely agree with yr next post too, buying this place shows they're not planning for a kid yet. Tbh i cant picture them as parents at all - and that is fine, i’m cf too partly by choice & fate i guess. It’s hard to be an online personality and proclaim it though, might alienate a chunk of her followers.

Weight loss, stella was on keto for awhile. Lots of whining about being on keto and not being able to eat this or that. Then now she has the peloton purchase. She has slimmed down a bit but on IG she has started to tweak her pics. That first pic of her back to work had me fooled. She looked as small as she was when she started flying. But the IG stories and vlogs don't reflect it.
I agree, the area they live in is a prime location. I think they could utilize their space so much better had they just gotten an interior designer, it would help them figure out storage better too. Although, I think Stella mentioned they rent a storage unit for all the stuff they don’t want inside the apartment. I want to see inside her closets, I bet they’re stuffed with all her overpriced bags. They need to keep that 2nd bedroom an office for Bart alone. He doesn’t need to share it with Stella, she can edit her videos in their bedroom, on the dining table, or couch. He needs his own space separate from her so he can do work from home and shut the door. Why must she always have to occupy every room? Leave the poor guy alone and let him have something of his own.

I think working out daily will help her manage stress better. She seems like she gets rattled easily and part of that is not having a routine. She spends a lot of time looking for a diversion because she doesn’t deal with stress very well. Speaking from experience, it’s necessary to have a routine of getting up early and having a schedule and daily working out. It’s what kept me from going crazy when I was furloughed from work during the 3 month lockdown from March to June this year.

Totally agree with you, not all couples can or should have kids and I commend Bart & Stella for not bending to society’s expectations or family pressure to force something they aren’t ready for or unable to conceive. It’s OK not to talk about it because it’s a very personal thing.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by hmart_kimchi »

I actually did it using WaPo and put in their last name.

But the photos on Zillow make the apartment look much nicer. They made that place a dump with their bad taste.
poshspice88 wrote:
hmart_kimchi wrote:
They paid $725,000.
Good find!

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

LOL, yes, she'll lose weight eating hot dogs and French fries for dinner!

They were probably really gassy after that. I doubt she eats any vegetables so her intestinal flora had to work overtime processing that.
poshspice88 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:34 am
koalah wrote: Completely forgot about the soup. She's raving about cabbage soup when it's like the #1 popular diet food in like the 90s or 80s? Wonder how gassy they both get eating that! Omg. At least she's trying to cook, i guess? Still they had takeout mac & cheese and probably 90% of the time still have deli or takeaway food.
Do you think she’s trying to lose weight? I noticed their freezer is full of junk food. I didn’t see vegetables in her fridge, but those may have been in the crisper drawers. At least she’s got food on hand and not solely relying on takeout like she used to.

As far as freaking out in that small two-seater plane, I personally wouldn’t want to go up in a plane that small either! And we all know that much of her OTT behavior is for attention. She does that shit because she wants to suck all the air out of the room and get people to notice her. She tries hard to be amusing and it gets old fast. No one wants to be around that kind of nonsense all the time, which is why she doesn’t have close friends. Anyway, getting back to airplane safety and her role as a FA, I think she probably does fine on normal size aircraft when it requires her to take her job seriously.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Wow, her recent vlog was a hard one to watch. It's Stella back in manic form.

Explain this to me...

She and Bart decide they are undecided about the couch.

Yet she goes out and buys pillows for it?

And wouldn't you think she might be just a bit conscientious about spending money on decorating considering she's about to be unemployed?

Finally, nothing wrong with asking your friends for help, but in Stella's case, is there ANYTHING she can do independently? She has a friend helping with her decorating. Another friend helping her with LinkedIn. It would seem none of friends will teach her how to speak English. Mack-bang?

Please, Stella, don't do Vlogtober.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Presence wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:01 pm
Wow, her recent vlog was a hard one to watch. It's Stella back in manic form.

Explain this to me...

She and Bart decide they are undecided about the couch.

Yet she goes out and buys pillows for it?

And wouldn't you think she might be just a bit conscientious about spending money on decorating considering she's about to be unemployed?

Finally, nothing wrong with asking your friends for help, but in Stella's case, is there ANYTHING she can do independently? She has a friend helping with her decorating. Another friend helping her with LinkedIn. It would seem none of friends will teach her how to speak English. Mack-bang?

Please, Stella, don't do Vlogtober.
That's Stella for you. This is peak Stella. She did take forever to choose a couch for their 1-bedroom apartment in New York if I recall. And she would continually use & return it, even months afterwards for a few of them to "test" them. I find that quite disgusting overall. Besides her waste of money, in restocking fees ... that furniture would have to be marked down or thrown away (depending on the stores policy i guess?). These days it's so simple to use apps to insert the furniture into your exact space to see how it looks and customize things. She's definitely not smart it seems. At all. I don't know how she can function as an adult in her daily life.

Her friends are probably YT friends tbh. They're all the same. Her old friends are all gone. Like her 'best friend' Kelly that we don't hear a peep from after that awful visit that she vlogged.

I would love if she would do a Vlogtober but she knows when it's a day in the life stuff, she'll get a lot of crap comments because people will see just how lazy and wasteful she is. Like vlogmas one year a few years back.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

Vlogtober will be interesting if she straps a camera on Franny and uploads that.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

New video out today.

So many thoughts as usual:
  • I can’t believe she still had the lunch pail. I’m amazed she didn’t chuck it or that it wasn’t covered in dust.
  • Ask for hot water? Knowing her she’ll say she’s on a break or bring me a cup of coke.
  • PBJ sandwich? Is she 4?
  • I’m impressed she could boil eggs and bagged the nuts.
  • Is that really a tablet or phone? Also, I thought Kat said it has to be 90% charged minimum to be FAA compliant.
She has almost 200,000 subscribers!

Did you see she has a link for her LinkedIn and her Peloton ID? She'll probably attempt to make her channel about Peloton life in October and that will be Vlogtober. Then it will die because she has to start Christmas shopping in November and the theme will be about some crap.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

I would like to see her make this PB&J but she might burn the place down.

Post by Guest »

Ugh, today’s vlog...I cannot.
Stella, CALM DOWN, woman!!! She literally has one speed or is she ON speed?? 😂😂

She’s manic all the time and it’s not amusing or cute. It’s childish and annoying. Can you imagine another vlogtober with her? Let’s be honest, without an interesting vacation or series of FA trips, there’s not much for her to vlog. Some people can vlog without doing much because they’re either A) messy people and the train wreck is interesting to watch, or B) they’re interesting enough on their own and don’t need trips, drama, and a busy social calendar to pad out their vlogs. Stella was sort of in the 1st category until she got more viewers. More viewers = more criticism, so she stopped showing too much of her life.

The weather and the beach in Southern California was the best part of the vlog for me. And, I admit, it was kind of fun to see her genuinely giggling about her mom with the hotel room phone—they have a sweet bond.

But, omg, the disgusting way she eats on camera, her constant references to McBangs (seriously, her mispronunciations make me want to punch her), and her wild, obnoxious hair—is attention grabbing childishness. For the love of God, Stella—GROW UP.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Haha she won't grow up. She's nearing 40. Her mom is adorable though and their relationship seems real good. It's a shame they didn't move to LA.

I'm shocked she packed food for her trip at all. Thought Stella is all about buying food at the airport and spending money. She only has 4 trips left. Can't wait to see what she's going to do October onwards.

Wasn't it weird at the end how Bart was sitting on a grey couch/armchair x2 away from she was in front of the TV (on that ugly couch, which they have thrown a white sheet or blanket over so Frannie can jump up or not scratch it before it is returned). He doesn't fit well in any of those tiny furniture. He's not large anymore but he is a big/tall man. Any man would be uncomfortable in those types of furniture that Stella seems to choose. Does she not care?

Post by Guest »

koalah wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:35 pm
Haha she won't grow up. She's nearing 40. Her mom is adorable though and their relationship seems real good. It's a shame they didn't move to LA.

I'm shocked she packed food for her trip at all. Thought Stella is all about buying food at the airport and spending money. She only has 4 trips left. Can't wait to see what she's going to do October onwards.

Wasn't it weird at the end how Bart was sitting on a grey couch/armchair x2 away from she was in front of the TV (on that ugly couch, which they have thrown a white sheet or blanket over so Frannie can jump up or not scratch it before it is returned). He doesn't fit well in any of those tiny furniture. He's not large anymore but he is a big/tall man. Any man would be uncomfortable in those types of furniture that Stella seems to choose. Does she not care?
She buys furniture with only herself in mind, and it’s always what is currently on trend. She doesn’t consider their size, the long stretches of time they spend sitting and lounging, entertaining guests, or even Frannie. Bart, like a lot of men, like to stretch out on the couch and watch sports and take a snooze all in the same sitting (duh, look at the size of the TV they upgraded to). She’s so dumb. And selfish. That whole apartment is pretty much geared towards herself and her interests, never mind what suits Bart! Let’s not forget, that without Bart, she’d be living in crash pads and staying with her mother in between flight assignments and scraping enough money together to buy maybe 1 Chanel bag a year (if she carefully budgets her paycheck, which is unlikely).

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

poshspice88 wrote: She buys furniture with only herself in mind, and it’s always what is currently on trend. She doesn’t consider their size, the long stretches of time they spend sitting and lounging, entertaining guests, or even Frannie. Bart, like a lot of men, like to stretch out on the couch and watch sports and take a snooze all in the same sitting (duh, look at the size of the TV they upgraded to). She’s so dumb. And selfish. That whole apartment is pretty much geared towards herself and her interests, never mind what suits Bart! Let’s not forget, that without Bart, she’d be living in crash pads and staying with her mother in between flight assignments and scraping enough money together to buy maybe 1 Chanel bag a year (if she carefully budgets her paycheck, which is unlikely).
It was in iG stories not the vlog, my bad. Bart can't even sit on the couch and work on the laptop with a decent/actual coffee table so he has to drag the teeny Scandi armchair from the opposite side to the front of the TV? At least the saving grace is the TV was not turned on! A man not comfortable in his own house!

If they spend so much time in front of the TV in that area working, eating ... make it as cozy and comfortable as possible. Not make a place where only one person could possibly sit comfortably (with Frannie) while the other has to move furniture around and face a wall. Ridiculous!

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

poshspice88 wrote: But, omg, the disgusting way she eats on camera, her constant references to McBangs (seriously, her mispronunciations make me want to punch her), and her wild, obnoxious hair—is attention grabbing childishness. For the love of God, Stella—GROW UP.
koalah wrote: I'm shocked she packed food for her trip at all. Thought Stella is all about buying food at the airport and spending money. She only has 4 trips left. Can't wait to see what she's going to do October onwards.
Explain this to me:

Why is it that, after we've been watching Stella for YEARS now, and we're well aware of her YT shtick and her annoying flaws, that we can watch one of her videos and STILL be appalled and have a visceral reaction to her? Haven't we seen it all--multiple times--by this point? Ugh. Everything she does just bothers me.

Re: Her latest vlog: Who the fuck does she think she's kidding? Packing food? Showing everyone how to be frugal? Seriously? This coming from the woman who, just last year, was spending tens of thousands of dollars on purses and making videos about it.

I swear, this woman has no common sense. She makes a trip to Whole Foods and ends up buying another reusable bag (which she said she already had a bunch of) because it was purple. So, she stalks up on food, then ends up eating a breakfast burrito she bought at the staff cafeteria.

None of this would be a big deal if she didn't always try to make a big show of everything she does. I think it's the fact that she fancies herself as a teacher and role model that drives me crazy. How can you take her advice seriously when she's constantly contradicting herself?

P.S: I'm glad all of you are back on the thread! I've missed everyone!

Post by Guest »

koalah wrote:
poshspice88 wrote: She buys furniture with only herself in mind, and it’s always what is currently on trend. She doesn’t consider their size, the long stretches of time they spend sitting and lounging, entertaining guests, or even Frannie. Bart, like a lot of men, like to stretch out on the couch and watch sports and take a snooze all in the same sitting (duh, look at the size of the TV they upgraded to). She’s so dumb. And selfish. That whole apartment is pretty much geared towards herself and her interests, never mind what suits Bart! Let’s not forget, that without Bart, she’d be living in crash pads and staying with her mother in between flight assignments and scraping enough money together to buy maybe 1 Chanel bag a year (if she carefully budgets her paycheck, which is unlikely).
It was in iG stories not the vlog, my bad. Bart can't even sit on the couch and work on the laptop with a decent/actual coffee table so he has to drag the teeny Scandi armchair from the opposite side to the front of the TV? At least the saving grace is the TV was not turned on! A man not comfortable in his own house!

If they spend so much time in front of the TV in that area working, eating ... make it as cozy and comfortable as possible. Not make a place where only one person could possibly sit comfortably (with Frannie) while the other has to move furniture around and face a wall. Ridiculous!

Exactly! I’m guessing that Bart often buckles under pressure by Stella most of the time, hence the trendy neighborhood with less bang for your buck square footage-wise. Sigh.

A larger, comfortable reclining couch or sectional is what that man needs, and Stella’s impractical and trendy West Elm aesthetic be damned, LOL!!!

Post by Guest »

Presence wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:37 am
poshspice88 wrote: But, omg, the disgusting way she eats on camera, her constant references to McBangs (seriously, her mispronunciations make me want to punch her), and her wild, obnoxious hair—is attention grabbing childishness. For the love of God, Stella—GROW UP.
koalah wrote: I'm shocked she packed food for her trip at all. Thought Stella is all about buying food at the airport and spending money. She only has 4 trips left. Can't wait to see what she's going to do October onwards.
Explain this to me:

Why is it that, after we've been watching Stella for YEARS now, and we're well aware of her YT shtick and her annoying flaws, that we can watch one of her videos and STILL be appalled and have a visceral reaction to her? Haven't we seen it all--multiple times--by this point? Ugh. Everything she does just bothers me.

Re: Her latest vlog: Who the fuck does she think she's kidding? Packing food? Showing everyone how to be frugal? Seriously? This coming from the woman who, just last year, was spending tens of thousands of dollars on purses and making videos about it.

I swear, this woman has no common sense. She makes a trip to Whole Foods and ends up buying another reusable bag (which she said she already had a bunch of) because it was purple. So, she stalks up on food, then ends up eating a breakfast burrito she bought at the staff cafeteria.

None of this would be a big deal if she didn't always try to make a big show of everything she does. I think it's the fact that she fancies herself as a teacher and role model that drives me crazy. How can you take her advice seriously when she's constantly contradicting herself?

P.S: I'm glad all of you are back on the thread! I've missed everyone!
Here’s my thing, she elicits a strong reaction from me because I don’t believe her “schtick”. Although I do believe that she’s sorta dumb, but she goes way overboard with it and thinks it’s cute. It’s not. There’s nothing cute or sexy about a grown woman who’s pushing 40 that goes around sucking her thumb (metaphorically) and acts like a 12 year old child for attention because she’s lazy and married someone out of her league. I’m bitter, lol! :rofl:

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

Maybe Bart's planning to do another foreign assignment or got a new job with a lot of traveling.

Maybe it's going to be a 'living apart together' relationship.
poshspice88 wrote:
koalah wrote: Haha she won't grow up. She's nearing 40. Her mom is adorable though and their relationship seems real good. It's a shame they didn't move to LA.

She buys furniture with only herself in mind, and it’s always what is currently on trend. She doesn’t consider their size, the long stretches of time they spend sitting and lounging, entertaining guests, or even Frannie. Bart, like a lot of men, like to stretch out on the couch and watch sports and take a snooze all in the same sitting (duh, look at the size of the TV they upgraded to). She’s so dumb. And selfish. That whole apartment is pretty much geared towards herself and her interests, never mind what suits Bart! Let’s not forget, that without Bart, she’d be living in crash pads and staying with her mother in between flight assignments and scraping enough money together to buy maybe 1 Chanel bag a year (if she carefully budgets her paycheck, which is unlikely).

Return to “Fly With Stella”