Moffie
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Buzzfeed - Part 3

Post by Moffie »

haze wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:16 am
Chantel's Q&A video was recommended to me and all I could think of while watching her was "CUT YOUR HAIR!" Her hair looked so unkempt and barbaric; it doesn't do her face any good. I would be so annoyed with my hair touching my face all the time.
I had hair as long as Chantel's until I cut it to above my shoulders about 3-4 months ago. I look back at videos and pictures of me with that length and I just think, "I looked awful, why did I let it grow for so long?" She'll cut it (I'm thinking it would look cute ~chest length to give it back some health), look back, and think the same thing. It happens.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Speaking of hair, I'm tired of Hannah's blue/green ugliness.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

is_she_a_pancake
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by is_she_a_pancake »

I hate Empty Suitcase lol. I'm sure the first few episodes were good, but they absolutely suck now. I gave it one last chance with my hometown one, DC, and they immediately went way out in Virginia to a boutique. They didn't show any footage of them in the city or doing anything remotely about DC. Literally what was the point of going.

BurgerPatty
Learner
Learner

Post by BurgerPatty »

Looks like Kristen and Jen have branched out on their own.

Anyone know if they're officially not with Buzzfeed anymore, or are they half-in/half-out too like a bunch of the other guys? And what happened to The Unladylike Show?

Not sure if I'll subscribe. Seems like it's gonna be a bunch of kitchen fails and (hinted from Kristen's Twitter) more Trader Joe hauls.

purple_lampshade
Learner
Learner

Post by purple_lampshade »

BurgerPatty wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:02 pm
Looks like Kristen and Jen have branched out on their own.

Anyone know if they're officially not with Buzzfeed anymore, or are they half-in/half-out too like a bunch of the other guys? And what happened to The Unladylike Show?

Not sure if I'll subscribe. Seems like it's gonna be a bunch of kitchen fails and (hinted from Kristen's Twitter) more Trader Joe hauls.
kristen's instagram post about the new show says she left buzzfeed in january

AdmirablePapaya
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AdmirablePapaya »

I can't believe they actually called the channel the 'Kitchen and Jorn Show' 🙄

MsHearkening
Informer
Informer

Post by MsHearkening »

I do wish my face was as symmetrical as Jen's. Meanwhile "Kitchen" looks like a muppet who doesn't want to be there.

Edit to add their hot dog video has a typo at 4:14!

"We're over it Jaclyn, just spend all your money and be gone. You're pure trash."

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Wait. Blanket fort in the living room? THAT is your content? Come on. "Kitchen and Jorn" indeed.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

ModelRaccoon
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ModelRaccoon »

Seems like Kristen has been hinting at issues with Buzzfeed. I missed the initial tweet (that she has apparently deleted). It’s kind of like. Spill the tea or don’t. “Waiting for the right moment” :roll:

Image Image
(Link to the tweets in case the images betray me)
https://twitter.com/lolacoaster/status/ ... 61632?s=21

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Kristen gets more obnoxious every time I see her.

Penalty box bad for the TJ pumpkin bagels? Turning up your nose at "store bought bagels"? STFU. Those aren't bad at all with a little cream cheese. Nor are the regular ones. I like Jen but damn I can barely watch that smug muppet Kristen.

Femmefatale8
Learner
Learner

Buzzfeed - Part 3

Post by Femmefatale8 »

Semi buzzfeed related but Kristin is really grinding my gears lately. I feel like everyone but her picks up on how obnoxious she is. And sorry - I don’t see how on earth what the original commenter said was fatphobic. I feel like she’s just projecting, hard.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

Femmefatale8 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:16 pm
Semi buzzfeed related but Kristin is really grinding my gears lately. I feel like everyone but her picks up on how obnoxious she is. And sorry - I don’t see how on earth what the original commenter said was fatphobic. I feel like she’s just projecting, hard.Image

lol I nearly posted this. Like, the quoted post doesn't make a single comment about her appearance, let alone her weight. Unless Kristin is saying being fat is such a completely intrinsic part of her personality that you can't make comments about her personality without it being inherently fatphobic... well, yikes.

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner

Post by sicksadworld »

Kristen and Jen made a "Why I left Buzzfeed" video:

I think this was a pretty good video and everything they talked about in the timeline they gave pretty much lined up with the decline in Ladylike's video quality and content - Jen's story in particular. I don't believe the ending where Kristen says she doesn't want to talk about it anymore after this video, because it seems like her favorite thing to do is talk about all the ways she feels she's a victim/ostracized. I think if this video gains a lot of traction and support, she'll talk about how BF gave her severe depression and anxiety for as long as she can and the only factor that would prevent her from doing so would be BF's legal team.

mags12
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mags12 »

I watched Jen and Kristin's "Why I Left" video, too. I feel bad for the struggles Kristin went through, all while pretending to be happy on camera. I still don't like her, but I feel for her. She still presumes that anyone who is not nice to her is discriminating against her for her weight. Compared to the national average (in the US), she is hardly even overweight.

I had only seen a few Ladylike videos until quarantine hit. I binged almost all of them. Kristin is clearly intelligent and sometimes funny, but overall she annoyed me. Chantel is also unbearably annoying. There are only two things she ever talks about: Being part of the LGBTQ+ community, and her boobs. She acts like she is really woke but she says a lot of cringeworthy ignorant things. And for someone who is self conscious about her boobs, she sure does talk about them a lot, and she participated in all those bra videos.

At least Devin can laugh at herself and she clearly knows that the whole hipster thing can come off as obnoxious. Her, Jen, and Freddie seem cool.

gtghgr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gtghgr »

I was skimming through the comments on Kristin and Jen's latest video and a bunch complimenting Kristen have been favourited/liked by the channel but all the comments not mentioning Kristin/complimenting Jen have been completely ignored.

I know some of them objectify her and she seems really uncomfortable with that, but even comments like "You both seem so much happier with your own channel, it's nice seeing Jen smile so much!" and at one point they joked about a video just about Jen's knives and Kristin said no one would watch it which prompted a lot of comments saying "I would watch a video about Jen's knives!" haven't been acknowledged.

I feel bad for Jen, I've been in friendships with people like that and didn't realize until after we stopped talking how much it sucked to be around someone so unsupportive and self-absorbed. I know their relationship might be different and we don't see all of it but I see my past friendships so much in the way they interact on camera.

wastetheyears
Learner
Learner

Post by wastetheyears »

I'm wondering if Kristin and her partner have separated. They've both been posting about being sad lately and the latest episode of Kitchen and Jorn is in a different kitchen. They gave some awkward explanation about needing a place without passing through so many common areas, but it seemed off.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

gtghgr wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:23 am
I was skimming through the comments on Kristin and Jen's latest video and a bunch complimenting Kristen have been favourited/liked by the channel but all the comments not mentioning Kristin/complimenting Jen have been completely ignored.

I know some of them objectify her and she seems really uncomfortable with that, but even comments like "You both seem so much happier with your own channel, it's nice seeing Jen smile so much!" and at one point they joked about a video just about Jen's knives and Kristin said no one would watch it which prompted a lot of comments saying "I would watch a video about Jen's knives!" haven't been acknowledged.

I feel bad for Jen, I've been in friendships with people like that and didn't realize until after we stopped talking how much it sucked to be around someone so unsupportive and self-absorbed. I know their relationship might be different and we don't see all of it but I see my past friendships so much in the way they interact on camera.
I ONLY watch for Jen. I can't tolerate that silly muppet Kristen for long, honestly.

Femmefatale8
Learner
Learner

Post by Femmefatale8 »

I think Kristin and her partner may have split up. They are now filming in a new location, Kristin isn’t wearing her ring and it’s odd that Brie wouldn’t be the one filming for them. Some of the comments seem to be picking up on this

Return to “Buzzfeed”