Re: Lucia Pulls Orange (The New Neutral) Part 5

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

Her rant about her brows was so annoying

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

If you're bored, here's the link to a livestream she did today. Apparently she's going to do another Q&A video soon, lol. She's been super-stressed about planning her backpacking trip etc etc.

Oh. And she 'really cares about fashion' so it'll be 'so hard (for her) in France, not being able to take all her beautiful clothes' .... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Meomix »

I don't know why.. something just wants to make be block this woman, it's like she's envious of others beauty or something similarly off-putting.

You
Are
Not
Going
To
Make
Money
Off
Youtube
Lucia

Stop trying so hard.

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

Post by sergeantsantiago »

Hi hi, first post here at GG! Been lurking on this thread for a while...

I first had Lucia recommended to me quite a while ago (when she was still ranting about PR). I watched one or two videos but found her too holier-than-thou for my tastes.

Then I found the threads here and here is my main gripe (hypocrisy, nonsensical rambling, and taking everything far too personally / inflated sense of importance aside): why would I take advice from a beauty channel when she a) can't do make up for shit but b) isn't well groomed?

Her hair always looks awful, her make up isn't well-blended, is too heavy-handed, and doesn't suit her. She sure has a real talent for choosing shades that don't suit her, especially lipstick. Her eyebrows, too, need a good pluck or threading.

I'm not saying you have to be stunning or gorgeous to make beauty videos. But you should have an interest in beauty, right, and grooming is Beauty Basics 101. Just like you wouldn't watch a booktube (is that the word?) if it was obvious the person in question just skimmed through books and didn't care for them enough to offer good recommendations or opinions, why watch Lucia when she just looks so bad all the time? What could she teach me or show me about make up? Nothing, my friends, cos she ain't got a clue.

I mean, I'm not so good at or experimental with make up myself, and for the longest time I had my hair short so it was easier to handle, but I just cannot fathom how she can look at her uneven, unblended makeup and her gross, lank hair and think that ... that's... fine. She must be surrounded by a bunch of yes-men cos my mum definitely let me know when my hair wasn't flattering.

With some simple fixes, she could really look quite nice. But the fact that, on top of EVERYTHING -- but especially the key issue of looking greasy and ungroomed or just straight up clownish -- she sees herself as an aUtHoRiTy On MaKeUp is, uh, deluded, Lucia my dear.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Looking like Lord Farquaad in summer attire. Image

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Meomix »

Good god she just looks like a dad who put on a bikini to make fun of his daughters, she needs to stop.
She does not want to learn grooming, she has no business in the beauty community.
Even As Told By Kenya in her broke ass hood life understands basic grooming.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

I have nothing against anyone who cross dresses but Lucia looks like a male cross dresser in that photo lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

So apparently youtube has been her priority all this time, but not for the next 6 months lol. She wanted to pre-film 6 months of content to upload while she's gone, but that didn't work out (lol wtf). Blah, blah she'll be doing a load of vlogs apparently instead. Yawn.

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

It's hard to put into words how much I hate her video thumbnails.

little_kid_lover
Learner
Learner

Post by little_kid_lover »

KookyPeppaPig wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 am

So apparently youtube has been her priority all this time, but not for the next 6 months lol. She wanted to pre-film 6 months of content to upload while she's gone, but that didn't work out (lol wtf). Blah, blah she'll be doing a load of vlogs apparently instead. Yawn.
Why this facial expression for the thumbnail 🤦‍♂️

eviefrye
Talker
Talker

Post by eviefrye »

I keep saying that for a TV and Media student in 3rd-4th year (apparently all her studies are practical so loool, she's just studying to be famous (?) ) spoiled by her parents - I don't think YouTube paid for her roadtrip to Europe - and with money to pay license or even someone to do an intro James Charles' style still has the gut to have this thumbnails
me quiere hasta tu hermana,
me quiere nana nana

DAR DE BAJA UNA TARJETA, CERDA

sapphireorchid
Informer
Informer

Post by sapphireorchid »

alwaysspillingtea wrote:Looking like Lord Farquaad in summer attire. Image

Lucia, why do you always post photos that you look constipated in?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Image Image Image

FatMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by FatMermaid »

^^ That's just how her face looks.

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

KookyPeppaPig wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 am

Alright, I finally watched this because I was curious...

Some thoughts:

1. The way she opens her video is so extra, lmfao. TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE OF HER CHANNEL FOR THE REMAINDER OF 2019. Girl, chill out. It's not like you're the wonderful, irreplaceable Kimberly Clark who was away for a year or so doing career things. Idk. Must she shout throughout the whole video?

2. If she's been gone since the end of June, have we had any Europe-content yet?

3. Can't help but wonder how she'll survive in Paris, one of the fashion capitals of the world, looking the way she does. :? I'm sorry, I had to say it. :x (Her eyeshadow looks ok this video though). Is it just a semester abroad in Paris, or some other kind of exchange?

4. The way she talks about the tonnes of questions about the future of her channel when she has less than 2k views on the video (if Hooktube has the right number)... what?

5. It doesn't sound like she had planned that much of the backpacking part of her trip: where she's going/staying/what she'll need, and talks about sorting out insurance and obviously buying loads of stuff (so much for being anti-consumerist), but mentions she's going to be solo backpacking and how awesomely cool she is for doing that. But appears to have planned fuck all? I don't get it.

6. Agree about the mixed messages re: priority of her channel. She contradicts herself.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

The chia seed has been drinking in Europe according to IG. I’m sure she drinks in the US while she’s at college but I’m thinking she’ll overdo it in Europe and gain weight from it haha.

She reminds me of an uncomfortable disturbed version of Orphan Annie in that second photo of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

Checked her instagram to see what she's up to and SHE WAS IN LONDON SHE'S IN THE SAME CITY I AM WHAT.

Ahem. This insta post was so cringe (I tried to embed??? Hope it works???)

Her hair in that first photo looks awful, and her pose is stiff as hell. As for the artfully placed bag and jacket, you ain't a model Lucia. If this was ANTM the judges would tell her the other girl is outshining her.

She's barely moved in the second photo, wtf. I thought she'd double posted for a second...

She needs to work with her make up more to ensure it opens up her face (especially her eyes). The shadow there coupled with her small eyes + her messy eyebrows make that whole area shrink on camera.

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

alwaysspillingtea wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm
The chia seed has been drinking in Europe according to IG. I’m sure she drinks in the US while she’s at college but I’m thinking she’ll overdo it in Europe and gain weight from it haha.

She reminds me of an uncomfortable disturbed version of Orphan Annie in that second photo of her.

Ha, an apt comparison. Ngl though, I think that dress looks nice (nicer than her usual things, anyway).

I always forget those across the pond can't drink until 21. :o

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

six months is a long-ass time. what happened to school?

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I have no idea what she want to do in life, what kind of job, how she does well in school. I never heard of what she actually does in school, if she like it or not.

Well, she is not paying her London/Paris/etc trip with YT money that's for sure... How she got into studying in France? Does she speaks french? Does she have good school grades? Just like Olivia Jade, I feel her "studies" are just an high school extension to the real world.

She could have try looking for indie makeup brands of those countries, make a video to show us how to buy makeup easily in a new country, show us something new, something interesting, but nope, that would require some efforts.

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”