50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

Onlythetruthmam
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

Post by Onlythetruthmam »

Nance wrote:
buywhatyoulike wrote:Really? Is she seriously going to pull a Paige...

I wouldn't be shocked if she did considering her deliberate ignorance on Birthright, plus Israel and Palestine. And other things like KVD. But man this would net her more backlash and sub loss.
But this is really if her subs care about Jeffree or not, some may have forgive him, I personally don't mind people using his makeup, but I can't like him, his shit is too constant, recently he trow a fit at youtuber who use 'approved' in her title, loving the Lee/Manny backlash a little bit too much, etc...
I have to agree about j*. I had never heard about him until I got more into make up. I saw the hate/exposed videos, understand the hate, will never say I have any right to tell someone to accept his apology, but also understand that people can change. I tried to watch a couple videos and he is way too much for me, but I can see why people would like him. I have not bought his products because they don't appeal to me and that is the only reason. I wear some more adventurous make up but for the most part want to look like me but better, not completely transform my appearance.
At first his reaction to the drama was appealing. But then he got kinda petty. I do think he is very lonely based on his reaction. If that photo was directed at me, I would not really care if I really had written them out of my life. There are people I do not speak to and will not even with an apology, I would most likely accept it but not let them back in my life. I don't not really think about them often and although do not care about their happiness I also do not wish them ill. Again my opinion from the outside he looks to have tons of people loving him, but very few that honestly care. He seems the type that attracts users because he feels he needs to buy love.
I tried to watch Laura and tracts manny's videos as well and I could stand Laura a bit more but again they are very exhausting for me to watch. I was not surprised by any of this drama. When I saw parts of Gabriel's apology video I felt like he confirmed many of my thoughts. I would also not be surprised if there was a video saying being Jeffries friend was draining because I could see him demanding his friends to do stuff and then hold over their heads how much money he spent on them. Getting the expensive bag as a gift is fun but maybe their is a high price to pay.
Sorry this became a novel but I kept typing as I thought of stuff.

jem_holograms
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jem_holograms »

I accept jeffree's apology and I think he has one of the most wonderful makeup at the time

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

Onlythetruthmam wrote:
Nance wrote:
buywhatyoulike wrote:Really? Is she seriously going to pull a Paige...

I wouldn't be shocked if she did considering her deliberate ignorance on Birthright, plus Israel and Palestine. And other things like KVD. But man this would net her more backlash and sub loss.
But this is really if her subs care about Jeffree or not, some may have forgive him, I personally don't mind people using his makeup, but I can't like him, his shit is too constant, recently he trow a fit at youtuber who use 'approved' in her title, loving the Lee/Manny backlash a little bit too much, etc...
I have to agree about j*. I had never heard about him until I got more into make up. I saw the hate/exposed videos, understand the hate, will never say I have any right to tell someone to accept his apology, but also understand that people can change. I tried to watch a couple videos and he is way too much for me, but I can see why people would like him. I have not bought his products because they don't appeal to me and that is the only reason. I wear some more adventurous make up but for the most part want to look like me but better, not completely transform my appearance.
At first his reaction to the drama was appealing. But then he got kinda petty. I do think he is very lonely based on his reaction. If that photo was directed at me, I would not really care if I really had written them out of my life. There are people I do not speak to and will not even with an apology, I would most likely accept it but not let them back in my life. I don't not really think about them often and although do not care about their happiness I also do not wish them ill. Again my opinion from the outside he looks to have tons of people loving him, but very few that honestly care. He seems the type that attracts users because he feels he needs to buy love.
I tried to watch Laura and tracts manny's videos as well and I could stand Laura a bit more but again they are very exhausting for me to watch. I was not surprised by any of this drama. When I saw parts of Gabriel's apology video I felt like he confirmed many of my thoughts. I would also not be surprised if there was a video saying being Jeffries friend was draining because I could see him demanding his friends to do stuff and then hold over their heads how much money he spent on them. Getting the expensive bag as a gift is fun but maybe their is a high price to pay.
Sorry this became a novel but I kept typing as I thought of stuff.
Personally not a fan of Jeffree at all. I will say I admire his cleverness, because the guy really invested, as shown in the variety of avenues he has hand in. He didn't purely invest in a makeup line, didn't put all his eggs in one basket, and that I can say is smart; I do admire that. His support of LGBTQ+, like that... it was a centre, I feel like in LA BUT I could be very wrong. That support was good, it truly reminds me people are complicated. Like I know someone who is a racism, sexist prat but the guy cares about mental health campaigning. Back to Jeffree, him talking so much about bad shade ranges, in my opinion feels more like a business move, if only in part. He's bringing out concealers and all that now after all; and speaking on poor shade ranges is PR wise, a great way for someone to get good will or to look good. But Shane's series on him felt too edited and clear of a PR move, too much was not talked about or glossed over. It wasn't one of those hidden camera expose news segments on a business. Plus since the series has been recorded, the guy still essentially bullies, attacks and stirs shit on social media. I find it hard to believe any true change has happened when that behaviour never changed, even since when the Shane series must've been recorded timeline wise. Actions speak louder than words to me, especially with social media influencers and the like. Which is why I can't and won't support his brand.

And I'm white, his apology as I see it, was never for me to accept. I wasn't directly the target of his racism. I watched Malibu Dollface's talk video recently, and personally I have to agree. Someone recorded using hateful racist slurs at someone white, implies to me at least at the time, a view of seeing the race associated with it as lesser. You don't use words you see as non offensive or not negative, when you want to insult or hurt someone. I'd like to say, do watch Raw Paint's video on accountability, it was damn awesome. But I digress, considering this is Lucia's thread; mainly I wanted to give an overview of my stance on the brand and Jeffree himself.

Likewise, I'd never heard of Jeffree before really getting into makeup.
Nance wrote:It's almost if she tries to found new ways to lose subs faster!
This is honestly what makes me laugh. If she was to buy from him, there would be comments and more sub loss likely too, from that.

When Paige did her now deleted video on Jeffree in the wake of the series on him, she unsurprisingly got people not sharing her view. I feel like personally she must've seen it as prime opportunity to post such a video about her support of his brand. Considering she has gotten flack before for it, like when she bought the blood sugar palette. Still the fact is, a lot of people like me, doubt he's changed or changed enough when we look at him and his actions.

I feel like Lucia perhaps got interested in Jeffree from the Shane series, since she's shown or mentioned him before on if only her Instagram stories.
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

jem_holograms
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jem_holograms »

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we have new videooooooooooooooooooo

eviefrye
Talker
Talker

Post by eviefrye »

Another shop my stash? She doesn't have much ideas...
me quiere hasta tu hermana,
me quiere nana nana

DAR DE BAJA UNA TARJETA, CERDA

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Hopefully she don't do this more than once a month, I've seen youtubers do this weekly, it was a borefest.

Youtube suspended my channel with my main email like 10 years ago because I uploaded missing movie trailers, but now since this month I could log into YT, I couldn't believe it, that mean I could subscribe to channels and look into my subscriptions page, this is super pratical, I used bookmarks before.

I was about to sub to Lucia to be sure to not miss the cringe, but I can't.

Not_a_sponsored_post
Talker
Talker

Post by Not_a_sponsored_post »

If she's going to do a shop my stash/monthly makeup basket video, then shouldn't she put all the products in the basket? I understand she doesn't have a load of blushes and bronzers (despite the whole blush fiasco she went through) but still, she's leaving everything where it is and basically just using her regular makeup.
If she's going to do that, then just do a monthy "pull" of her eye palettes and not even mention the other stuff, since it's always the same anyway.

ginathequeena
Learner
Learner

Post by ginathequeena »

I'm not even going to bother watching the whole video she just put up, but I just have to say that anyone who can manage to turn their entire dorm room desk into a fucking makeup table can't be working that hard at being a student. Even as a fucking college freshman I needed all of the desk room I could get for homework.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

buywhatyoulike wrote::rofl: Her with that added disclaimer about how she wasn't saying she'd never do sponsored content. You can see the flashback she must've had to calling PR toxic, then the backlash of her shortly following with her own PR haul.

And her showing other MLM products she was sent, I'm not surprised though I was hoping at least something might've sunk in. I mean something has to sink into her head from the past. Its clearly not going to be the MLM stuff though.

It does always makes me laugh when she mentions how she'll be doing in-depth reviews, and doing them in her shop my stash videos. She's still delusional over how in-depth or thorough her reviews are :roll:

The blushes, I wish she wouldn't remind us so much of how she went from 'I want a new blush' to 'I've bought two and I'm going to buy another in a sale'; and how long that saga was. And is she seriously trying to retcon how much blush she would pile onto her brush before? I mean all that panning she was trying to do before, and now she's talking specifically about liking a not as pigmented blush she can build up, as if she wasn't actively trying to burrow a hole through the very bases of her compacts before... Sure, Jan.

The formerly powder soup highlighter, I won't lie, I cringed when it made an appearance. Still, she wanted to try Ofra highlighters yet she's saying she doesn't like intense highlighters. :roll: Literally I don't think I've ever heard of Ofra highlighters being described as anything but, or at least never as subtle and natural.

Oh jeez, she's graduated to blue eyeliner as well now!
That highlighter, I could picture the soupy mess as she was holding it up
I’m the worst of the worst

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

buywhatyoulike wrote:
chia.png
Really? Is she seriously going to pull a Paige...

She’s doing this purposefully. There’s no way that she’s not. The second someone appears controversial and somewhat sympathetic she is interested in their makeup. It’s happened too many times not to be intentional.

fortunately she’s never going to buy that palette because it’s not like a sweatshirt or a mug that will last her a literal eternity, until the end of time! She will never spend her parents’ money on that.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

I can’t believe how many times she says pull.
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=3FpsJTMyupg

Simbelmyne
Learner
Learner

Post by Simbelmyne »

ginathequeena wrote:I'm not even going to bother watching the whole video she just put up, but I just have to say that anyone who can manage to turn their entire dorm room desk into a fucking makeup table can't be working that hard at being a student. Even as a fucking college freshman I needed all of the desk room I could get for homework.
I mean, to be fair, when I lived in a dorm, I rarely studied at my desk. Instead, it was mostly a place to store things for me (books, stationery, the odd mug). I’d study elsewhere. But then again, Chia doesn’t really strike me as the type to head down to the library on a regular basis, if you know what I mean.

beckarinaa
Debater
Debater

Post by beckarinaa »

claradion wrote:I can’t believe how many times she says pull.
OMG THANK YOU

not just pull but “PULL FOR” ......about 600 times. “I’m gonna pull for this mascara and pull for that palette” like wat? who says that???

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

beckarinaa wrote:
claradion wrote:I can’t believe how many times she says pull.
OMG THANK YOU

not just pull but “PULL FOR” ......about 600 times. “I’m gonna pull for this mascara and pull for that palette” like wat? who says that???
WHY IS SHE SAYKNG IT SO OFTEN?!!!!!

It really is strange. It’s like she heard it once and decided to say it 10,000 a day

PinkyPunch
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkyPunch »

Does she has anything that's not sent to her by Octoly?
-most bespoke packaging experience like no other- Kitchen Cosmetics

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

PinkyPunch wrote:Does she has anything that's not sent to her by Octoly?
MLM crap :rofl:

ginathequeena
Learner
Learner

Post by ginathequeena »

litnerd wrote:
PinkyPunch wrote:Does she has anything that's not sent to her by Octoly?
MLM crap :rofl:
OMG seriously though, like I couldn't FUCKING believe it when she pulled out fucking Perfectly Posh products and started using them. Hey, so-called "conscious consumer" who is sooo "in-depth" about everything--learn how to do the bare minimum level of research? Please?

Shiv
Talker
Talker

Post by Shiv »

She's going on the pull...

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

https://www.hooktube.com/watch?v=gdR1IFa8ndE

New video up: 5 Makeup/Beauty Products I Should STOP Buying More Of!

At least she used 'I' and not 'You' in the title.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Is one of them blushes? :rofl:

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”