Raw beauty kristi

Justcurious1029
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Raw beauty kristi

Post by Justcurious1029 »

Anyone ever watch her? Thoughts? I think she can be funny and her makeup is ok but her latest video on how to make your lips look bigger was atrocious. She suggests putting nude lipstick on the outside and darker on the inside...really??? It mad ether lips look minuscule.

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Re: Raw beauty kristi

Post by LucyNyuu »

I think she's pretty talented, but holy shit, the intros to her Halloween videos are so cringe-worthy they make me want to kill myself.

CharmAlarm
Learner
Learner

Post by CharmAlarm »

LucyNyuu wrote:I think she's pretty talented, but holy shit, the intros to her Halloween videos are so cringe-worthy they make me want to kill myself.
Agreed.
And that nose contour in her last video gave me second hand embarrassment. :(

LipstickOnMyTeeth
Talker
Talker

Post by LipstickOnMyTeeth »

I mean a LOT of people called her out on how her geisha "look" (instagram) was not appropriate and she got SUPER defensive and basically would not accept that it wasn't okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sarcastic bitch with an affinity for anything pink and or covered in glitter.

sanapres
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sanapres »

Her latest foundation routine was horrible. :-?

effanie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by effanie »

Ehh, I don't always like her makeup but I like her as a person, she's hilarious and seems pretty down to earth. I think it's refreshing to see an 'older' youtuber actually act her age and not constantly try to be ~young and edgy and bethany mota~.

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by truebooty »

I have been waiting for this thread.

Since she has such a low sub count I'm sure people feel like me, like we each kind of "discovered" her. So yeah, she was great in the beginning. I thought she kept it real and put all her flaws out there. Dirty house, insecurities, rants, money troubles, etc. You could tell she's not the most cultured person but she works full time and the SFX stuff is important for her.

Fast forward about 6 months and she's pretty much unbearable. Why the FUCK is she up Jaclyn Hill's stupid ass so much and you can tell how many hours she sits around watching Manny's videos. Her lingo and such has completely changed (super obvious in new foundation video) and it doesn't fit her at all. It makes me uncomfortable.

Her fangirling for Mykie was understandable and I could tolerate it but to see someone who looks like her with a genuine middle class working lifestyle have #goals to be part of that disgusting Jaclyn group makes me feel 50,000 shades of secondhand embarrassment and quite honestly, pretty disappointed in her.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CharmAlarm
Learner
Learner

Post by CharmAlarm »

I used to adore her, but once I realized how far she was up every major Youtubers ass I couldn't believe it.
Its absolutely disgusting! I can tell that she's the kind of person that intentionally uses her "illnesses" to get bigger Youtubers to respond to her and help her get exposure, otherwise they'd feel bad about not being nice to someone with all of her problems.
I'm sure many of them will figure out her angle eventually. Looks like Sam from Batalash even stopped talking to her.

PanicStation
Informer
Informer

Post by PanicStation »

She is just another example of a beauty guru that I used to love who has changed and become un-watchable. It is really hard to find someone who stays genuine to themselves... I'm realizing that now.

aw35
Debater
Debater

Post by aw35 »

I used to really like Krisit but something always bothered me about her. Her attitude about being so anti-typical-beauty-guru seemed promising at the beginning,but as she got more noticed I felt like that was slowly going away. Like her video sucking up to like 20+ more popular youtubers drove me crazy!

I basically gave up on her today cause she did a video about drugstore products and basically said she hasn't bought from the drugstore in awhile and was shocked at the prices. And she advised to just spending a "couple" Extra dollars for stuff at Sephora. A far cry from the earlier Kristi who didn't understand why people bought the naked palette when they can just buy coastal scents.

JustStopit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by JustStopit »

Has anybody else noticed how she NEVER responds to comments anymore? Maybe 1 or 2 at the most.

Girl, you don't even have 50k subs yet and you already have an ego? She's not going to go very far with her new attitude.

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by truebooty »

JustStopit wrote:Has anybody else noticed how she NEVER responds to comments anymore? Maybe 1 or 2 at the most.

Girl, you don't even have 50k subs yet and you already have an ego? She's not going to go very far with her new attitude.
She's trying to stay away from having an opinion on anything one way or another, so she can be "in" with whomever. So she just acts like the comments aren't happening. Interesting strategy for someone who claims to be so true to self.

aw35
Debater
Debater

Raw beauty kristi

Post by aw35 »

What is up with her current video? This girl is too much. Good for you that you are nice to people even though your family member died and you are in pain? We get it Kristi, you are better than everyone.

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by truebooty »

Yeah, she has the "most painful disease known to humankind".

I get what's she's saying for the first part of the video, but some people are just dicks and you've got to figure out a clever way (at the job, that is) to deal with it. However, I was side eyeing her throughout the whole second half because she puts a LOT of emphasis on looks. I really don't have any of the issues she's talking about with arrogant, narcissistic people in my life. Oh wait. She wanted to be part of the online beauty community.

I'm a teacher and that's like me expecting kids to stop being annoying.

azholio
Learner
Learner

Post by azholio »

The video she did about a month ago selling out plugging all those in the 'jaclyn hill gang' made me cringe big time. It also made me a little sad. I like Kristi but that was truly questionable. STOP SUCKING UP TO BIG GURU'S!!

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by truebooty »

I also think if you're going to vaguely call someone out, then you should have the guts to do it by name. It's equivalent to putting up a Facebook post in 2001 and everyone being like "ooh I know who you're talking about" and she's like "no, not you - it's another girl." Have some balls and call a bitch out! Otherwise you're just as bad because you're allowing the bully to continue to "be a dick" to other innocent people. Silly rants are for posers.

JustStopit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by JustStopit »

I love her snapchat rant blaming youtube for her losing/not gaining subs. What does she expect? When you start acting full of yourself and aren't producing good content you wont gain subs and people will leave. It's that simple. If she spent half the time she spends sucking up to bigger youtubers on her channel she would probably still be growing.

aw35
Debater
Debater

Post by aw35 »

JustStopit wrote:I love her snapchat rant blaming youtube for her losing/not gaining subs. What does she expect? When you start acting full of yourself and aren't producing good content you wont gain subs and people will leave. It's that simple. If she spent half the time she spends sucking up to bigger youtubers on her channel she would probably still be growing.
I wanted to see what she said so I added her then instantly removed her after hearing the rant. That doesn't make sense! Yes, YouTube does have a way of advertising bigger channels, but I don't think that's why she instantly stopped getting subscribers.

Also she's been at low-mid 40s for a few months now so I don't believe she has been gaining 100-200 subscribers a day unless she is loosing around the same as well. Which isn't something to strive for.

I just checked socialblade and her gain and loss has been consistent throughout the month. Less than 100 a day, and most days less than 50.

I feel like she's mad that it isn't taking off better since she started doing it "hard in 2016" and is trying to make excuses.

aw35
Debater
Debater

Post by aw35 »

Her new video summed up

1. Hey guys I'm friends with Alex faction.
2. I want to have sex with Justin bieber and I will not stop talking about it.
3. Not enough people are subscribing/watching my videos and none of it is my fault.

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by truebooty »

aw35 wrote:Her new video summed up

1. Hey guys I'm friends with Alex faction.
2. I want to have sex with Justin bieber and I will not stop talking about it.
3. Not enough people are subscribing/watching my videos and none of it is my fault.

Omg. It's getting so bad. Not that I would ever come to the defense or want to protect Jaclyn/Manny but I almost feel like Kristi is bordering on copyright infringement lol. Well not really to that extent, but plagiarism. She's mimicking them, Sam (Batalash), and maybe a little of Mykie. It's like that was her 2016 grand plan. Make checklist, transcript other people's videos, and then repeat. Her looks are unique which is good. But I feel like the only thing she would try to defend about keeping her identity is that she swears and says vulgar things. Not like Sam does in a funny natural way, or like Manny does just because that's his personality (like it or not), but only to distract from the blatant vernacular and content - and background design - copying by throwing in some random nasty reference about being gassy or whatever the fuck. Like "hey! I'm still Kristi see sooooo RAW".

I unsubscribed simply because we already have enough of those clones and she's really late in the game. The newer successful channels are moving away from heavy-handed tutorials into more vlogging/group/comedy/reality types of channels that include style and makeup trends.

Return to “RawBeautyKristi”